• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Cameos of characters from past games?

Well, it's more that almost every new game in the series has included at least one character from past games, so it's just very likely that we'll see someone pop up somewhere, but it would likely be in a minor-to-negligible role. I'd have to go back and check, but I think RSE and XY are the only games that didn't have a significant character make a cameo of some kind (aside from Kanto itself, GS had Prof. Oak in the main storyline, DP had Jasmine, BW had Looker and Cynthia, SM had a handful from all over the place), and yet I don't think RSE or XY felt any more or less new than other games simply by virtue of not having any established characters show up, because those characters' parts in those other games were all trivial anyway.

Sure, I accept that every new game has to have someone old. =P It's just my preference that rather than featuring the same characters that have we've seen several times over like Red, Green, and Cynthia, that we have more recent characters, instead. Perhaps I feel jaded because SM/USUM were more blatant about character throwbacks, going so far as to battle Red and Green and Cynthia and you can even partner up with Wally in the Battle Tree (and while it was nice to see Wally he did stick out about as much as Cynthia did).

Honestly, I just prefer to become more acclimated and build a relationship to newer characters, and have those newer characters re-appear as cameos instead. Does that make more sense?

Sure, I accept that every new game has to have someone old. =P It's just my preference that rather than featuring the same characters that have we've seen several times over like Red, Green, and Cynthia, that we have more recent characters, instead. Perhaps I feel jaded because SM/USUM were more blatant about character throwbacks, going so far as to battle Red and Green and Cynthia and you can even partner up with Wally in the Battle Tree (and while it was nice to see Wally he did stick out about as much as Cynthia did).

Sure, but SM/USUM were a special case because they were anniversary games (and even then, they didn't have nearly as many returning characters as B2W2). I agree that it would be tiresome to have the cameos cranked to those levels all the time (but that's never really been the case), and it is true that I would like to see a more varied pool of characters than Looker, Cynthia, Red, etc..

I can see Gladion and Lillie making an appearance to make Gen VII's endings more ambiguous. Well, at least in the sense of who canonically left Alola.

EDIT: Changed an "or" for an "and".

But one character that I am personally hoping does NOT make a reappearance, is Looker. As funny as the whole Ultra Beast mission from the original SM was, I feel like this story of you joining the International Police and solving detective cases in the postgame has worn out its welcome by now.

Omg he absolutely has to, I mean Dr Who?!!

Aside from that, I'd like to see more of Malva! She's so mysterious. Also the Kalos elite 4, they barely got any story in.

I'll be happy as long as Xerosic doesn't show up. Dude got off way too easy for lying to your face that he wouldn't kill everyone, then cackling like a maniac and doing it anyway, and later being a damn G-rated child groomer. The creep managed to be more hateable than friggin' Ghetsis, ffs.

As there seems to be lots of stadiums maybe we will get a World Cup tournament in the post game with all previous characters from past regions returning. That would be pretty cool again.

I’m a simple person, I just want to see Steven Stone in HD. Apart from that, I want to see Lillie and Gladion because I love them and it would be nice to learn what they are up to now.

I like Lillie and Gladion too but they should be in Kanto now.

I kinda have the strangest feeling that Volkner's gonna show up. Dunno why but just a strange feeling.

If the logos are a hint at the Romulus and Remus legend, what if Poke-Remus is....

AZ.

shookd!

Given the fact she's made a return in almost every game (bar Gen VI) since introduction, I wouldn't be surprised if Cynthia made a cameo or something. Maybe she'd be in Galar on vacation, or is here to research the legends of Galar, since studying Poke-myths is one of her things. Maybe you can even battle her daily like in Gen V. Either way, her making at least a cameo in Galar wouldn't really surprise me.

Given the fact she's made a return in almost every game (bar Gen VI) since introduction, I wouldn't be surprised if Cynthia made a cameo or something. Maybe she'd be in Galar on vacation, or is here to research the legends of Galar, since studying Poke-myths is one of her things. Maybe you can even battle her daily like in Gen V. Either way, her making at least a cameo in Galar wouldn't really surprise me.
She might appear considering DP might get remakes.

Emma from XY post-game would return as a Psychic-type Gym Leader, with Meowstic as her main. (Though Morpeko or Obstagoon can one-shot all her Pokémon easily.)

Also, Saturn might come to Galar to do some research as well, since he reconstructed Team Galactic in DPPt and got rid of shady businesses following Cyrus' departure.

Maybe also Archie as a surprise encounter that could tell you he met Anabel and Zinnia? He would be having mess with Wailords as well.

If You could battle Cynthia in this game. Garchomp vs Galar Weezing then the game and anime would be interesting.

I think Colress will make a cameo, perhaps connected to Chairman Rose and Dynamax. He’s seen an increasing amount of focus the past two gens, from a single mention in XY to appearing in a few cutscenes in USUM so he might have a more expanded role in SwSh. It also makes sense that Colress would appear in a region where a local phenomenon makes Pokémon stronger given his research, bringing out the true potential of Pokémon.

I kinda have the strangest feeling that Volkner's gonna show up. Dunno why but just a strange feeling.

Probably because his Gym has a lot of gears going on.

I kinda expect some Kalos characters considering the 'relation' between France and England.

Other than that, I expect Colress for reasons mentioned already and a Sinnoh character because of the remakes.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom