• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Cameos of characters from past games?

AZ most definitely. Also I want Lillie and Gladion, and also Trace, preferably all more mature, but not that much older.

I think they may be in a postgame facility, B2W2 style.

Beside that I think that Sina and Dexio will help out at one point in the story.
In the postgame sidequest you team up with Looker and Emma.
And also in the postgame you can fight Cynthia.

I also think you also will meet a 14 year old Lillie in some places in the story.

I know a lot of people have been speculating that Cynthia could be from Galar...I don’t see that happening. If anybody is going to be revealed to be from Galar, I think it’ll be Ryuki. Something tells me GF would not have put him in the Kantonian Gym in USUM without a reason.

One of my headcanons is that Cynthia is a born & bred Sinnohite, but these days she owns her own private island where she lives and does research (which explains her line, “My house? Even the region is a secret!”)

But I agree that we could definitely see her make a cameo appearance in SwSh and/or be battleable in the endgame, presumably to hint at/promote Gen IV remakes.

Last edited:
I suspect the reason Generation VII had so many returning characters up to and including Team Rainbow Rocket was to celebrate the 20th anniversary, so with that in mind I doubt Sword and Shield will have quite as many.

A lot of past cameos like Grimsley in SM and Mina in LGPE seemed pretty arbitrary, so I’m not sure who to expect. I can sorta see Wikstrom and Steven Stone being there for reasons mentioned earlier, though.

Also, whether or not Diamond and Pearl get remade in Generation VIII has a big effect on who I think should or should not show up in Sword and Shield. Because if remakes do happen, I would rather save Cynthia and the other Sinnoh characters as well as Drasna and Faba for those games.

Remaking DPPt would also bring Looker’s character full circle, so in that case I think SwSh could let Annabel take his usual place in the postgame.

If anybody is going to be revealed to be from Galar, I think it’ll be Ryuki. Something tells me GF would not have put him in the Kantonian Gym in USUM without a reason.

I always thought he was a Kanto native, hence, the gym being called a Kantonian gym. However, now that I think about it, I figure he would have stated that he's from Kanto if that were the case, rather than saying he's from "all the way across the sea." Not only that, he's got some sort of rock theme going on and British rock music was popular for a time, right?

Kanto is across the sea from where Alola is, though. He could have just been being dramatic. That, and also his looks are more visual kei looking thanks to his hair.

I feel more like we'll be seeing a lot more Kalos NPCs make appearances in the game. Mostly due to real world closeness. I also seeing them throw Cynthia (Because she's popular and also travels the world a lot) or Volkner (get it, because Jasmine) in to hint at the games everyone's been waiting for.

Kanto is across the sea from where Alola is, though. He could have just been being dramatic.

I thought that too, however, it still seems weird to not mention his home region at all, especially when he would be in a similar situation to the player (Kantonian immigrant).

I thought that too, however, it still seems weird to not mention his home region at all, especially when he would be in a similar situation to the player (Kantonian immigrant).
He probably wouldn't know where the player is from. Especially not in what's essentially a Japan Town.

Either that or he takes his role of pseudo gym leader seriously and has his own script that makes him seem mysterious for the Alolan locals.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom