• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Camping and Cooking

It'll probably be about as 'tedious' as Amie and Refresh are: not at all because you can ignore it completely if it's not your thing.

What if they want the bonuses from Camp, or they want a Slyveon? They can’t ignore it then. Hopefully they’ll be some form the Rainbow Beam that’ll allow players to gain the bonuses of Camp without having to go through the whole process.

What if they want the bonuses from Camp, or they want a Slyveon? They can’t ignore it then. Hopefully they’ll be some form the Rainbow Beam that’ll allow players to gain the bonuses of Camp without having to go through the whole process.
Probably a specialty curry that will do the same thing.

Probably a specialty curry that will do the same thing.

Seeing as how you need to buy special ingredients to even make curry, I’m sure the curry that raises affection will probably have a super pricey ingredient.

A week late thoughts:

-Pokémon Camp's biggest draw is the interaction with not only 2 Pokémon at the same time, but also your whole team and another person's team, it feels like a big step towards that full Pokémon interactivity that will inevitably happen some day. The toys are a welcome addition too, as in my opinion brushing and cleaning were pretty much a variation of petting so the feature became rather repetitive.
-While I don't dig rice or gravy in real life, I'm glad that a feature from Gen 4 found a way to come back. The Curry Dex seems it could be fun to complete, and I'm happy that berries will stop rotting in my bag too (but I'm still crossing my fingers for them to have their LGPE effect).

After the carnivorous dex entries from last gen, it's really not that surprising that they're finally confirming 100% that humans also eat pokemon and not dressing it up behind in-series rumors, myths or having it be throw away lines in the anime. Imagine the PETA games that this will spawn.

Seriously though, as far as we know, all meat is just Farfetch'd meat. Everyone just lives off of duck and leaks.

So uh, are we going to question where the sausages came from?

Those poor Tepigs

This is the universe where Pokemon can spontaneously create milk, eggs, and cream-I'm kinda hoping to see a Pokemon that can generate meat.
Beyond Pokemeat: They use Ditto slime to simulate the texture and flavor of the meat of the pokemon that it transforms into. It's ethical because the slime grows back after a few weeks.

Beyond Pokemeat: They use Ditto slime to simulate the texture and flavor of the meat of the pokemon that it transforms into. It's ethical because the slime grows back after a few weeks.
Kinda reminds of a protein ice cream I tasted once. If they didn't tell me what it was outright, I would have never guessed that it was not made with milk.

There are some people on YouTube who think breeding might take place in camp now. Poketubers are not usually a good source of info; but what do people think of this idea. Would it make breeding better, worse, or the same?

Would it make breeding better, worse, or the same?

I’d say worse because cramming breeding with an entirely separate and unrelated thing with its own mechanics is probably going to make breeding inconvient and cluttered. How would you hatch eggs quickly, for example? You can’t exactly bike while in camp I’d imagine. And swapping out parents for breeding would be inconvenient. Also, I think it’d be a little creepy. Where would your Pokémon go for, ahem, a little privacy? In the tent? That has a lot of unfortunate implications...

These are both cute ideas, imo. Going out into the wilderness and spending time with your Pokemon that way sure brings about a decent level of immersiveness which I'm a fan of. Cooking curry also seems like a fun little minigame. Not sure if I'll be super into it though, but we'll see.

I can't see them letting your pokemon breed right there in your campsite because they like to be all mysterious as to where the eggs actually come from.

Cuz y'know. Can't imply the pokemons be makin the romance dance. Especially since the goons in charge decided Wailord and Skitty are compatible.

Pretty sure Game Freak wants us all to believe that Arceus sees two pokemon in the same egg group getting along, and then that weird ass event from HG/SS happens and an egg pops out of nothing.

I'd say you guys are thinking too much about this--but this is pokemon breeding we're talking about--people have been thinking too much about Pokemon breeding since it's inception.

In my head, you wake up in the morning and one of your Pokemon has an egg. And a text box pops up saying "So-and-so has an egg how did this get here?" And it's never talked about further than that.

I'm just bringing this up because it's interesting and there is not much else to talk about right now.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom