• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Camping Anecdotes

Reaction score
One of my favorite things to come from Sword and Shield outside of people’s videos of their Wild Area encounters is the videos that come from the Pokémon Camp feature with the Pokémon interacting with each other, the trainer, or one of the toys. These interactions range from a Pokémon running all over the campsite to fetch the ball to people having an entire camp dedicated to their favorites. This got me thinking; what experiences have our resident trainers had with the Pokémon Camp? This is a thread where you can share stories of your Pokémon’s antics. Who’s the ball hog? Who’s best friends with who? Who doesn’t get along with who? Who challenges the others to races? Who takes forever to fetch the ball but tries so earnestly to bring it back? Who runs in circles when trying to fetch the ball? Who gets stuck behind the other Pokémon?

Feel free to post pics or videos if you want. Just make sure to keep them under spoiler tags. It also might be a good idea to keep some of the unrevealed Pokémon hidden in spoiler tags for a while.

My Drednaw picked up the Fresh Ball at one point and wouldn't bring it to me.
I miss the one-on-one time Refresh/Amie provided, but there's no denying Camp is cute as well.

I decided to play in Camp with only Zacian and Eternatus, which resulted in some interesting things. They both were upset when I called them (they had the black scribbly lines in the speech bubble).
While there's not an example of it in these images, sometimes dialogue will pop saying that Zacian looks afarid/scared of Eternatus.

Nothing really exciting that I can think of...

Something did happen right before I entered Chirchester though. A Snom appeared in camp and asked to join me when I was making a curry....and now if you send it out in battle it says "Snom the Curry Connoisseur"

It was kinda funny because the game told me that Snom had appeared....and then it must have taken about a minute of me just watching it slowly crawl towards me.

My Drednaw picked up the Fresh Ball at one point and wouldn't bring it to me.
Awww!!! :love::bulbaLove:

I miss the one-on-one time Refresh/Amie provided, but there's no denying Camp is cute as well.
I miss Refresh and Amie too (I really wish we could pet them and have more ways to play with them in Camp) but the amount of personality and seeing the teams play off each other I’ve seen put into it really makes me like it.

I decided to play in Camp with only Zacian and Eternatus, which resulted in some interesting things. They both were upset when I called them (they had the black scribbly lines in the speech bubble).
While there's not an example of it in these images, sometimes dialogue will pop saying that Zacian looks afarid/scared of Eternatus.
Interesting. I don’t know too much about the story but I’m guessing their apprehension towards each other is because of that?

Nothing really exciting that I can think of...

Something did happen right before I entered Chirchester though. A Snom appeared in camp and asked to join me when I was making a curry....and now if you send it out in battle it says "Snom the Curry Connoisseur"

It was kinda funny because the game told me that Snom had appeared....and then it must have taken about a minute of me just watching it slowly crawl towards me.
Awww, you’ve been chosen! :bulbaLove: Snom’s really cute from what I’ve seen but the poor thing moves at a snail’s pace (but it tries it’s best and that’s what matters).

What's your favorite spot to Camp, if you have one? I like Galar Mine No. 2 the best because of the background and music.

Also, fun fact you can camp inside (some?) buildings such as Pokemon Centers.

I love this feature. So, so much.

(Two not-officially-revealed-outside-of-the-game Pokémon appear in these)
General curry making time:

I unfailingly find the Pokémon's anticipation of the first spoonful of curry hilarious.

I love how often Garbodor looks overjoyed.

I was very amused the other day when Rufflet and Drapion were having a heated exchange and it had "stop fight" as an option.

"I hate you Drapion!" "YEAH, feelin's mutual MATE!"

I think I'll likely post more at a later date.

I have yet to witness anything like two Pokémon fighting or playing together. Is that something that only occurs at certain stages of affection, maybe?

When I talk to them, none of my members seem to get along or know what to do with around other.

I remember seeing this video of a Gardevior and a Hatterene fighting. Someone put in a clip of this woman going "The girls are fighting!!"

Then there's the incredibly adorable video of a Snom going for a ball and then Lucario punches the ball to Snom to help. Its so adorable.

My Cinderace is the biggest ball hog. She's always taking it away and running around to play soccer by herself. Occasionally she'll remember that we're supposed to be playing fetch and kick it back to me. For some reason she seems to like running all the way to the far end of the camp to kick it back. I think the funniest thing that ever happened with her is when she and my Alcremie had a race, and it was hilarious af since she's so fast and Alcremie literally moves like a snail. Alcremie had long lost the race, but still got sad after losing. I think those two are besties, they were both on the team for the longest time together and they chat all the time.

When Cinderace was a Raboot she fought with a Corvisquire temporary member once and I had to break them up. Idk what caused it, they always acted friendly before and after that moment. That Corvisquire was so nice, he'd always play with the toys and come to speak to me without being called.

I think it's super cute how Appletun carries the toy balls on her back. She's so friendly and always wants to play. Maybe it's because I caught her in a friend ball. One time she randomly fell asleep while we were playing though. My Dracozolt also likes playing with the small PokeBall toy.

View attachment 128857

I had no idea you could stop the fights! I feel like a bad Trainer now, just watching the spats play out. The other interesting thing is that the Pokemon actually remain upset at who they fought with after the fact, too.

And just an FYI for people-sometimes, positive conversation between two party members can end up on a sour note (and thus a fight). Just in case you thought you could turn your attention to someone else just because two Pokemon seem to be getting along :bulbaFacepalm::LOL:

I couldn't stop thinking of that Magmar that just randomly gave you a warm pokeball when this happened.

Also Centralia is the toy hog. Any toy, be it the poketoy or any of the balls, he sees, he steals it. Even if another pokemon is still playing with it.

I was very amused the other day when Rufflet and Drapion were having a heated exchange and it had "stop fight" as an option.
View attachment 128857

Generally, all my Pokemon seem to get along. Except yesterday where my Toxtricity, Sid, an newly cycled-in Elgyem, Roswell, had a fight....

Because the Roswell beat Sid in a race and Sid, being the undefeated racing champ until that point was having none of it.

For anyone who has brought a Hatterene into Camp, can we talk about how slow this Pokemon is? Like, her speed stat is very low, I understand that, but I never fully grasped it until I opened up Camp and called my Hatteren, Mystia, over. It took so long for her to get to me. I make sure to only play with the Teaser Toy with her, because waiting for her to grab the ball usually took around a minute, or another Pokemon would grab it first.

And it's even more hilarious when she decides to challenge the other members of my team to a race, which she has done a couple of times. Like girl, you are not going to win.

Gosh I wish I had footage of these moments. I'll surely record something if she does it again. Though I think she might have learned her lesson.

For anyone who has brought a Hatterene into Camp, can we talk about how slow this Pokemon is? Like, her speed stat is very low, I understand that, but I never fully grasped it until I opened up Camp and called my Hatteren, Mystia, over. It took so long for her to get to me. I make sure to only play with the Teaser Toy with her, because waiting for her to grab the ball usually took around a minute, or another Pokemon would grab it first.

And it's even more hilarious when she decides to challenge the other members of my team to a race, which she has done a couple of times. Like girl, you are not going to win.

Gosh I wish I had footage of these moments. I'll surely record something if she does it again. Though I think she might have learned her lesson.
I felt sorry that I couldn't play with my Eldegoss, Nanatoo, because she was also super slow. So slow infact that other Pokemon would step in front of her and cancel her action half way of her walking up to me.

This was one of the reasons why i switched her back out for Sid. I just couldn't bring myself to keep her if I couldn't actually play with her unless she was already close to the screen.

Finally got some pics yesterday. Here's Irene being a ball hog.
1rbq3am.jpg

And just yesterday, it happened again. Only this time it was my Appletun who tried to have a race with her. She'd LONG lost the race, but still kept trying. I actually felt bad for the girl, she looked so happy.
B5tefdB.jpg
7LnPNWF.jpg
Y2kNhMj.jpg
4BRyT6J.jpg

And then got sad after she'd realized Irene beat her 30 years ago.
5XN5WUr.jpg

Wow, what an awesome thread! I won't be able to share screenshots, but I'll see what I can contribute...

Sword
Second time setting up camp in the Wild Area was an ordeal with all the wandering Pokemon around. When I did, my team made for their own separate corners of comfort as they did before... I swear my lot is antisocial. Fortunately, my Thwackey Taiko and my Chewtle Gamera were quick to attention with a flourish of the feather wand toy. Gamera is such a ball hog: she loves playing fetch and is very territorial about the Pokeball toy. Only when I got out the curry-cooking set did the rest of my team pay me any mind. My Wooloo Shion was patiently waiting to taste-test the Apple Curry I'd whipped up... judging from his response, I think I did well!

Shield
Second time in this version too, though the team's slightly less anti-social than Sword's. My Raboot Tammo and my Arrokuda Chirimen were the most active members during playtime, though the former required some coaxing and chatting before she decided to join in. I'm a little perplexed as to why my Corvisquire Kogarasumaru didn't feel like playing... he was all over the toys when he was still a Rookidee. My Eldegoss Anat kept her distance while Mogami the Thievul kept me company. Mogami was such a chum that I let him have the first bite of curry; he showed his appreciation by licking the plate clean.

I opened camp yesterday and was met with this face taking up my entire screen.
rKgYZDW.jpg

She then proceeded to laugh at me for scaring the crap out of me.
DYbVPcI.jpg

Then she took a nap

lV3iHc5.jpg

Even while everyone else was still playing.
yIVsZjw.jpg

Then Joy decided to be a ball hog.
A88cPwG.jpg

Then the funniest thing happened. This Dracozolt also fell asleep and when I went to wake her up, she opened her eyes. I'd never seen her open her eyes before and my gosh is this not the cutest Pokemon ever.
qHuUgCE.jpg
ApVO1HU.jpg
uIZKRlr.jpg
onSDC2k.jpg

This is just so adorbs.
2019112619012700-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg
I opened camp yesterday and was met with this face taking up my entire screen.
I was given the same treatment by Mandibuzz the the other day!
2019120721263400-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg
Mandibuzz: Camp Leader
2019120721313100-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg
I love Drapion's joyous face, coupled with the sound of it running about.
2019121022114700-3C66B776DB1AA06323037049FACD96D3.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom