• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Can and Will Regional Varients of Pokemon be Featured in Future Games including Remakes

Which Pokemon Should Receive Regional Varients in Future Games

• Total voters
and finally have a non legendary Dragon/Fire Pokémon that isn't Turtonator.
Mega Charizard X?
It's way too OP, as Fire Subdues the Weaknesses to Ice & Fairy type attacks, and Dragon Subdues the Weakness to Water, It's WAY too Nigh-Invulnerable!!
Rock, Ground...
Yeah, Because It would be Immune to Dragon-type Attacks, and Fire, Steel & Poison wouldn't be as much of an achilles heel towards it, and Neither would ice type Attacks
Mega Altaria... and Dragon doesn't resist Steel and Poison, and Fairy doesn't resist Ice.

No offence, but your capitalisation of random words makes your posts hard to read.

Yeah, Because It would be Immune to Dragon-type Attacks, and Fire, Steel & Poison wouldn't be as much of an achilles heel towards it, and Neither would ice type Attacks

Steel is the type that can wall a Dragon/Fairy, since Steel resists both Dragon and Fairy, and Fairy is weak to steel. So, Dragon/Fairy STAB has no way of damaging a steel type seriously.

But I'm sick of Seeing so Many Fire Dragon types; It's overdone, with Reshiram, Mega Charizard X, Turtonator; It's way too OP, as Fire Subdues the Weaknesses to Ice & Fairy type attacks, and Dragon Subdues the Weakness to Water, It's WAY too Nigh-Invulnerable!!

How on Earth could you possibly consider just three Pokemon to be too many? That is an insane exaggeration, especially when you consider that one of them is a legendary Pokemon, and the other one is just a temporary form. This argument doesn't make any sense at all.

Yes, a Dragon/Fire Pokemon will lose weakness to Ice and Fairy types (however, it will still do neutral damage, so it still doesn't resist them), and in return, it gains weaknesses to Rock type Pokemon and Ground type Pokemon. It loses two weaknesses and gains two, so I'm not sure how that is considered OP. Also, a Dragon/Fire type only gains two extra resistances (Bug and Steel) totalling just 5. There is nothing OP about a Dragon/Fire type Pokemon at all.

Also, your argument saying that it resists water is just plain incorrect. Dragon may resist Water, but Fire sure doesn't. A Dragon/Fire type Pokémon actually loses it's resistance to water, so I'm not really sure what argument you're attempting to make here.

Mega Charizard X?
Which is just a temporary form. There are only three Dragon/Fire Pokémon in total, and only one of them is neither legendary or a temporary form. There is plenty of room for a Dragon/Fire Pokémon that is just a normal Pokémon.

Last edited:
I'm voting Alola forms for any and all new games in the series, a lot of people explained the legit reason behind doing so, and it would mirror the real world and keep the game fresh while breathing new life into old Pokemon, especially ones that need it... Looking at you Dunsparce (Dragon/Fairy or Dragon/Steel would be interesting, or even Dragon/Ground). Arguably they could've or should've done this BEFORE Mega evolution, but I guess it'll work out. A Fighting/Normal Mltank would be a cool fit Flying/Grass Farfetch'd with Sap Sipper that gets a boost in defense from something silly like eating so many leeks :p What I'd like to see is more use being made of the 3 type concept, I think there's a future for it.

Seeking revenge isn't really evil. Banette, a Ghost-type, seeks the child who abandoned it. Knowing Game Freak, they'll keep Luvdisc and Alomola separate. So just a regional variant for Luvdisc would be enough for some.
I think the way the story goes, its been birthed by a grudge which is defined as a feeling of (or wanting to do) Ill will or resentment, so the question becomes once it finds this child... Whats it going to do...? lol

Knowing game freak I think there won't be any new regional variants and that the alolan versions will become an afterthought that are difficult to obtain in-game, similarly to the treament they've given megas in sun and moon.

There's always that ONE feature that gets carried into all the future games though, and something unique to just the region. I think Alola forms will become part of the new normal like berries and the breeding mechanics.

Last edited:
It makes so much sense when I come to think about it...

Dunsparce (Normal)
The Useless Child

Evolves Into

Teengressive (Normal/Fire)
Teenager with anger issues.

Evolves Into

Drampa (Normal/Dragon
The serene grandpa who often gets angry.

Rock/Fighting would be pretty badass for Miltank, not to mention that it's an unused combination outside of Terrakion.

IDT it makes sense for Miltank to have a form change unless it's in Unova.

An idea I have to introduce form changes into Kanto/Sinnoh sequels would be to base their story on the clash between east and west. Something like how many Gothitas were imported into Kanto due to their popularity with the locals but because they found it hard to adapt to the local customs they went slightly evil and turned Dark/Fairy. Solosis as well could become used in scientific research on biodiversity in Kanto and subsequently take on Grass type as a secondary typing due to how well it adapted or they could just make some silly pun on stem cell research.

Last edited:
Simple answers: Yes, and maybe.

Older Pokemon need the freshening up more, and that was their reasoning behind mega evo selections. Gen II/III/IV variations would be nice.

I think that instead of pretending that 10-20 years are enough for migration to create new variants, Game Freak should introduce "era variants" via Celebi's time travel. Ancient and futuristic variants would be very cool to see.

We actually got a glimpse of this possibility with Spiky-eared Pichu, which was sadly a missed opportunity. More interesting is Celebi's Pokedex entry from Silver: "When Celebi disappears deep in a forest, it is said to leave behind an egg it brought from the future."

I think this is a superb idea...but would they be able to be caught like normal Pokemon, or found in-game events?

I'd love to find a special egg from Celebi from the future/past that you're having to find before the enemy team get to it.

Or just retcon Drampa to be Dunsparce's final form

Why are people always trying to associate Dunsparce with Drampa? They have absolutely nothing substantial in common. They both have fluffy white elements, but on Dunsparce, they're wings, and on Drampa, they're everywhere but where wings would be. And despite using a similar palette, Drampa's color distribution is also the complete inverse of Dunsparce's. Drampa has no drill tail, and their base concepts are totally unrelated as well.

Lufenian said:
I think this is a superb idea...but would they be able to be caught like normal Pokemon, or found in-game events?

I'd love to find a special egg from Celebi from the future/past that you're having to find before the enemy team get to it.
Some should be used for story events, but since I'd like to see at least 15 lines, probably not the whole lot. Some could become wild Pokemon, or we might encounter them in their actual era.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom