• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Can and Will Regional Varients of Pokemon be Featured in Future Games including Remakes

Which Pokemon Should Receive Regional Varients in Future Games

• Total voters
imagine a regional version of Miltank? and a gym with it.
But knowing the games It will get a mega and then we will get generation 2 remakes with all gym leaders getting their mega pokemon.

I had an idea today about this topic!

What if they made a new Kanto game (be it a sequel to SM that takes place in Kanto, or whatever. Lillie traveled to Kanto, Red and Blue were in Alola, etc.), and in this new Kanto game (set like 15-20 years after the originals obviously)...

...what if they added in "Kanto Regional Forms" for Pokemon found in Alola?? :D
That's a very original idea; I don't think anyone else could've thought of such a unique idea

That's a very original idea; I don't think anyone else could've thought of such a unique idea

Okay this is sarcasm (*cough* ass *cough*), what did I miss? I just saw the thread topic so I posted my idea. No stretch of the imagination to believe I'm not the first.

If you didn't understand my post in the first place, "Kanto Regional Form" meant different forms for Pokemon foreign to Kanto, added to its Pokedex. Because people travelling from Alola might take Pokemon from Alola to Kanto, where they could change and evolve and stuff. It would add diversity to a Pokedex that seems small and stale by today's standards. Would be a cool way to expand the Kanto dex above its current 150. Alola contains Pokemon from every generation, which could all be potential additions for forms.

There was an art contest based on that subject on the Pokémon subreddit a few weeks ago.

Ah, nice!

Alola forms were a nice unique thing for Alola, but I'd rather GF didn't complicate breeding Pokemon more than they already have.
How is breeding complicated? You get the variant of the region you're in unless one of the parents is the other variant and holds an Everstone.

The_Doctor said:
...what if they added in "Kanto Regional Forms" for Pokemon found in Alola??
I am in favor of adding a few of those (like 3 lines), but they should really avoid singling out any generation this time around.

I think that instead of pretending that 10-20 years are enough for migration to create new variants, Game Freak should introduce "era variants" via Celebi's time travel. Ancient and futuristic variants would be very cool to see.

We actually got a glimpse of this possibility with Spiky-eared Pichu, which was sadly a missed opportunity. More interesting is Celebi's Pokedex entry from Silver: "When Celebi disappears deep in a forest, it is said to leave behind an egg it brought from the future."

I am in favor of adding a few of those (like 3 lines), but they should really avoid singling out any generation this time around.

Oh, for sure. Please lol. I would love to see a wide variety. I'd be happy with maybe 5-ish. Maybe all from different gens.

I think it would be cool if instead of pretending that 10-20 years are enough for migration to create new variants, we got "era variants" instead via time travel. Ancient and futuristic variants would be very cool to see.

I'm curious about how this would work, but that sounds super rad.

Celebi would leave eggs behind and/or send us to different eras. It could also bring some of those Pokemon to the present as Totem-like bosses.

Celebi would leave eggs behind and/or send us to different eras. It could also bring some of those Pokemon to the present as Totem-like bosses.

Oh I see what you said now. Sorry I accidentally skipped that little paragraph before.

That sounds like a really cool idea. I'm all in.

I really hope so. I think the implementation was largely underwhelming in SuMo, with only a few Pokemon getting alt forms. I think we'll get another batch in the next game, hopefully around 40 or so from non-gen 1.

I really hope so. I think the implementation was largely underwhelming in SuMo, with only a few Pokemon getting alt forms. I think we'll get another batch in the next game, hopefully around 40 or so from non-gen 1.

40!? Phew that's a lot lol. Could be good though. I was thinking more like 20-25 max.

Ah, nice!
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/65qk25/art_contest_fakemon_kantonian_forms/

How is breeding complicated? You get the variant of the region you're in unless one of the parents is the other variant and holds an Everstone.
Because the Everstone also passes down nature. I think that Game Freak could've repurposed a different item.
instead of pretending that 10-20 years are enough for migration to create new variants
Since when was it implied that Alola forms developed really quickly?

Anyhow, since Game Freak sometimes don't like doing retcons (Nidorina and Nidoqueen still can't breed, incenses), but sometimes they do (type changes, the origin of Mega Evolution), I'd say that in theoretical remakes, they'd only do variants of Pokémon introduced after the generation they're remaking, just to be on the safe side.

Because the Everstone also passes down nature. I think that Game Freak could've repurposed a different item.
Fair enough, but you can circumvent this by using a Ditto with the desired nature. If both Ditto and the desired variant (the one not normally found in the game) hold an Everstone, there will be a 50% chance of the baby getting the desired nature, and it will definitely be the right variant.

Not to mention that Game Freak streamline breeding pretty often. Replacing Everstone with another item is the kind of retcon they don't mind.

Since when was it implied that Alola forms developed really quickly?
We were talking about Kanto sequels.

Last edited:
Why don't they include a new item for obtaining non-Alolan forms? It could be called the Normal or Regular Stone. They did introduce a new Ice stone in Sun and Moon.

Okay this is sarcasm (*cough* bleep *cough*), what did I miss? I just saw the thread topic so I posted my idea. No stretch of the imagination to believe I'm not the first.

If you didn't understand my post in the first place, "Kanto Regional Form" meant different forms for Pokemon foreign to Kanto, added to its Pokedex. Because people travelling from Alola might take Pokemon from Alola to Kanto, where they could change and evolve and stuff. It would add diversity to a Pokedex that seems small and stale by today's standards. Would be a cool way to expand the Kanto dex above its current 150. Alola contains Pokemon from every generation, which could all be potential additions for forms.

Ah, nice!
How'd you know I was Being Sarcastic?!!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom