• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Can and Will Regional Varients of Pokemon be Featured in Future Games including Remakes

Which Pokemon Should Receive Regional Varients in Future Games

• Total voters
How'd you know I was Being Sarcastic?!!

Are you going to answer my f***ing question? Why were you being sarcastic in the first place? I don't see why you have to be so damn rude about it.

And because you still don't seem to understand my post, it's basically just Alola forms except backwards. Was this a totally original idea? Obviously not. Never claimed it was. Just a fun thought I had on my own earlier in the day. Yet you still insist on being blatantly rude about it.

Last edited:
How about a regional variant of Luvdisc? It could resemble a broken heart and be Water/Ghost type looking for revenge on the person who caused the pain and brokenness.

I think I'd make it Fairy/Dark, since dark is the evil type. Also, retcon alomomola to be luvdisc's evolution, and make regional alomomola Ghost/Dark, saying that the urge of communicating with it's departed/dead lover's spirit made it ghost type.

I think I'd make it Fairy/Dark, since dark is the evil type. Also, retcon alomomola to be luvdisc's evolution, and make regional alomomola Ghost/Dark, saying that the urge of communicating with it's departed/dead lover's spirit made it ghost type.
Seeking revenge isn't really evil. Banette, a Ghost-type, seeks the child who abandoned it. Knowing Game Freak, they'll keep Luvdisc and Alomola separate. So just a regional variant for Luvdisc would be enough for some.

I would like to see a regional variation of Dragonite.
I'd want to see a Regional Varient Of Dragonite that is Fairy/Dragon type, with the Primary Type Being Fairy, and Secondary Typing is Dragon, since It could help to Protect itself from Fairy-type Pokemon, AND Other Dragon-types

Considering Dragonite is already Primary Dragon, it would make more sense to keep a regional version as primary Dragon, and change the secondary typing to Fairy. Plus, Dragonite is my Dragon, and as such, I do not want to see my Dragon betray me and become a Fairy. Although, I will accept Fairy as the secondary typing.

Alternatively, I'd like to see a Dragon/Fire regional Dragonite. As it is said that Dragonite can be found around the sea, I would enjoy a regional Dragonite found by Volcanoes. The Story behind it could be that a group of people captured a large group of Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite, and are transferring them somewhere else. Around the time they reached proximity to a Volcano (as the group needed to travel around it) a hero came and freed the Dragons. However, the Dragons all fled before the hero was able to help them. The hero searched, but could not find them, and thought that perhaps the dragons made it to the Volcano, but perished. Turns out, the Dragon Pokémon fled to the Volcano and made it their new home. Eventually, through evolution, the Dragons became part Fire, now being able to resist the heat of the Volcano.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'd also really love to see a Dragonite form that appeared more similar to Dragonair and Dratini (whether it's a regional form or Mega, I don't care a whole lot, I just want it) :)

Omg a regional variant of Tyranitar would be so awesome. I would love to see what typing they would use for it.

Maybe do an opposite typing like Rock Fairy, or Ground Fairy.

Agreed. I'd also really love to see a Dragonite form that appeared more similar to Dragonair and Dratini (whether it's a regional form or Mega, I don't care a whole lot, I just want it) :)
And I'd ALSO Love if it were Fairy/Dragon type(Primary typing: Fairy, Secondary Typing: Dragon)

I don't care one way or another if we ever see any more regional variants again (they never really caught my interest and I still don't care all too much about the concept), but if they do I just hope that they are NON GEN-1 Pokemon. That is all.

And I'd ALSO Love if it were Fairy/Dragon type(Primary typing: Fairy, Secondary Typing: Dragon)

Fairy/Dragon could work really well. I could also see it being Water/Dragon, potentially. Depends on the direction they would take the design (as well as inspiration and environment).

I feel like if Dragonite were to get a variant, it'd be a somewhat unexpected combination. Water and Fairy are most of the common ideas for things like Megas for it, so maybe something like Ice, Electric or maybe even Psychic would be what they choose for a variant?

I feel like if Dragonite were to get a variant, it'd be a somewhat unexpected combination. Water and Fairy are most of the common ideas for things like Megas for it, so maybe something like Ice, Electric or maybe even Psychic would be what they choose for a variant?
Or even Bug(only type that has not been paired with Dragon). GF does like to throw us for loops.

Or even Bug(only type that has not been paired with Dragon). GF does like to throw us for loops.

Problem with Bug is it doesn't seem like a type things could adapt into imo. Bug as a type feels very unique in what it requires from their biology/design, I think, while the other types feel a bit more "elemental", if that makes sense?

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing what they would do for something that adapted into a Bug though, it might make for a weird design which I'm generally always in favour of.

I'd certainly hope that the regional variant of Dragonite will (in my opinion) be a little better than becoming a Bug type. Besides Dragon/Fire (which I have previously mentioned), I would like to see Dragon/Psychic for Dragonite. I don't see Dragonite becoming part psychic though, so my hopes lay with Dragon/Fire, and finally have a non legendary Dragon/Fire Pokémon that isn't Turtonator.

Problem with Bug is it doesn't seem like a type things could adapt into imo. Bug as a type feels very unique in what it requires from their biology/design, I think, while the other types feel a bit more "elemental", if that makes sense?

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing what they would do for something that adapted into a Bug though, it might make for a weird design which I'm generally always in favour of.
Ok, maybe a regional Flygon would have that typing because it's in the Bug egg group.

I was thinking, what if pokemon from Gens 5-7 got regional forms in a Sinnoh remake? Course, I mean, only a handful, but I thought it's be interesting.

Also, for the poll, I voted for all the options that are any pokemon other than Gen 1. I can see I'm not alone, and I can see why.

I'd certainly hope that the regional variant of Dragonite will (in my opinion) be a little better than becoming a Bug type. Besides Dragon/Fire (which I have previously mentioned), I would like to see Dragon/Psychic for Dragonite. I don't see Dragonite becoming part psychic though, so my hopes lay with Dragon/Fire, and finally have a non legendary Dragon/Fire Pokémon that isn't Turtonator.
But I'm sick of Seeing so Many Fire Dragon types; It's overdone, with Reshiram, Mega Charizard X, Turtonator; It's way too OP, as Fire Subdues the Weaknesses to Ice & Fairy type attacks, and Dragon Subdues the Weakness to Water, It's WAY too Nigh-Invulnerable!!

Ok, maybe a regional Flygon would have that typing because it's in the Bug egg group.
I Sure Hope so; I've been DESPERATE For a Bug/Dragon type Flygon!!

Fairy/Dragon could work really well. I could also see it being Water/Dragon, potentially. Depends on the direction they would take the design (as well as inspiration and environment).
Yeah, Because It would be Immune to Dragon-type Attacks, and Fire, Steel & Poison wouldn't be as much of an achilles heel towards it, and Neither would ice type Attacks

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom