• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can anyone do a James?

NOT SO FAST!
I activate....JOHNNY DEPP! This allows me to make one campy character...INCREDIBLY POPULAR!

Now, attack old guard truthseeker and Daniel Jake with.....SEXYINESS PROJECTION!

Daniel Jake: Lp- 0000
old guard truthseeker: Lp- 0000

Sorry OGT, I usually love to agree, but Eric Stuart was the best at portraying the comedic role assigned to James’s adaption in the US.

That was all fine and good (90% of the time) but when he needed to be serious (A Poached Ego and Training Daze are the BEST examples) he wasn't so hot.

Agreed, but I wouldn't base his whole 8 year run on one episode as James is literally 98% of the time campy, and over the top.

NOT SO FAST!
I activate....JOHNNY DEPP! This allows me to make one campy character...INCREDIBLY POPULAR!

Now, attack old guard truthseeker and Daniel Jake with.....SEXYINESS PROJECTION!

Daniel Jake: Lp- 0000
old guard truthseeker: Lp- 0000

Seriously, my last word is that the performance of NewJames in Sweet Baby James was extremely touching, and everything else is gravy, since it appears that this season is going to show James to be a very sensitive and caring person. It just seems like the right timing that the actors were changed.

Ha ha, WRONG! If you want to play this game, fine. I don't agree. And I win!
I doubt I'm wrong, and in mostly everyones eyes I'm a winner. NewJames just can't seem to get rid of the stuck up sound and be comedic. Sure he might be good for emotional times but how often does that happen? And the seriousness is also not in favor of Eric Stuart. But James is on the bad side and most of the time he's just comedy relief which NewJames can't do.

Next thing you'll say NewMeowth is better than the first two Meowths. Which IMO first Meowth wasn't as bad as NewMeowth. And of course Maddies will always be the best. I know you defend them more because your friends with TAJ who ironically dub it now. Also I've been watching season 9 so far and I've yet to see how Sarah sounds like Veronica. You yourself said she sounded EXACTLY like Veronica over at Serebii.

We'll I have yet to hear a resemblance. Does this occur later in the season or what? Because she lacks a lot of emotion. Even a friend of mine who's trying to be a voice actor has more emotion. And she just started a month ago.

You guys forget that the voice actors are still getting into their characters. It took Veronica Taylor four or five years to keep the same voice. Why would you expect these voice actors to sound perfect in only their first few episodes if the originals couldn't keep their voices straight for several years? Plus, these episodes were done before PUSA received a lot of fan feedback, so just wait a while. There's no use in complaining if it's not going to make a difference for episodes done and over with.

Yes I know that's true WPM, and I'm really enjoying everyone new voice quate honestly. I was just miffed that OGT said NewJames is better than Eric Stuarts. This simply is not true. Eric Stuart dominates in comedy and that's what NewJames lacks. And I'm really giving Sarah a lot of time because Veronica took at least 30 sum episodes to get Ash on the right track. And I'm sure all will be better soon.

In my opinion NewJames IS better than Stuart.

My only problem is with NewAsh, everyone's right, it just doesn't sound right. Though, I talk like that most of the time but I'm not doing anything exciting requiring much emotion.

Well I guess I'm off your project than, we're actually doing a new project starting the DP anime, with me as Stuarts Brock (I can't do Bill Rodgers Brock.), have fun with the new production I wish you luck!
Did I say Brock!!! I meant James!!!

Did I say Brock!!! I meant James!!!

oh ok :p

I don't know how anyone can claim who's better with only a few episodes in...I mean seriously. If you hate 4kids, so be it, but don't just claim everyone's better because their not 4Kids voice artists.

On the other hand (and this isn't directed to you, Pokemaster Justin...just everyone in general):

I don't know how anyone can claim who's worse with only a few episodes in. If you hate PUSA, so be it, but don't just claim everyone's better because they're not PUSA voice artists.

oh ok :p

I don't know how anyone can claim who's better with only a few episodes in...I mean seriously. If you hate 4kids, so be it, but don't just claim everyone's better because their not 4Kids voice artists.
So, you're still doing Brock for me, right?

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom