• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can anyone do a James?

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
It seems nobody is any good at doing this guy. So is there a guy or girl out there who can do a good impersonation of James? And possibly record it? I'd like a PUSA style voice.

Last edited:
I think I do an okay laugh of his, but have no recorder.

I can however do his Chimecho and Cacnea. XD

I CAN do it in theory, but I won't promise it'll come out that well...pending you want an Eric Stuart sound a like.

Friend of mine at my TCG league can do his laugh... and I can squeal.. but that's it.

Maybe I can do it... but rather than say that, I'll let you be the judge. What do you want James to say? Also, keep in mind that at the moment, it would be a while before I can get you results. I don't have the internet myself, so I use a friend's connection, plus he doesn't have a mic, my mic's at home. But, I can still try to do it, it would just be a slow process. ^_^;

I'm sorry, I have no James voice (except for the unforseen squee), but if you ever need Jessie, I can imitate her pretty well.

Okay. But Joey is cooler. Not that I regularly watch it or anything.

And the James I'm looking for is one like the PUSA VA.

Last edited:

And the Brock I'm looking for is one like the PUSA VA.

That's a shame, because I do Eric Stuart's James perfectly. Right down to his casually serious voice to the high-pitched screams of joy/terror. If I ever get the technology, I'll put it on the internet.

Hell, I think if I dressed up as James with a blue wig, I'd sure put on a good show at a kid's party. ;)

And the Brock I'm looking for is one like the PUSA VA.

Well I guess I'm off your project than, we're actually doing a new project starting the DP anime, with me as Stuarts Brock (I can't do Bill Rodgers Brock.), have fun with the new production I wish you luck!

Last edited:
Well, first you have to obtain the Japanese raw.
Then you have to remove the original dialouge...unless you remove the sound and redub the sound.
Then you have to translate the script so you get a general idea of what's going on.
Then you have to record all the voices and match them to the lips.

Fandubs are very tough and take like a month to do.

EDIT: You should do Pokemon DP The Abridged Series...lol.

I'm just saying a GOOD Fandub takes awhile. We will probably have episodes subbed before then.

It seems nobody is any good at doing this guy. So is there a guy or girl out there who can do a good impersonation of James? And possibly record it? I'd like a PUSA style voice.

I would feel sorry for either of the previous 2 James if they had the microscopic scrutiny that is going on now. I think the new VA is better than both of them, and will be proven in time.

Ha ha ya right! The new Va for James will never be better than Eric Stuart. For emotional yes but for comedic, New James stinks so far. Not to mention is upper class accent.

Anyone watching the Naruto episode right now? I swear whoever does Ebisu would be perfect for James. He sounds simmilar, can do a funny squeal, but also can sound serious.

Ebisu is voiced by Crisp Freeman. He also voiced Tazuna on the show.

He would be great as James.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom