• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can anyone explain this to me?

TheCableGuy

Reaction score
So, I'm browsing the GTS in X and looking at the Zubats
When I find that there are several Zubats being offered
But.....

About 11 of the Zubats are nicknamed "Rayito"
All 11 are being offered in return for Electivire
Every Offerer has #All Elements in their notes.
But all of the offered are different people from around North America.

Is this a thing that I'm not aware of?

It's likely someone's doing a giveaway of Electivire.

(Sorry to state the obvious :unsure:)

Last edited:
It's likely someones doing a giveaway of Electivire.

(Sorry to state the obvious :unsure:)

Well, not so obvious, since, if that was their intention, that were doing it BACKWARDS....

Since all 11 people were asking FOR an Electivire. (Sorry to state the obvious :unsure:)

The point to my question was, what (if anyone happened to know) was the significance of the Pattern.

I've seen giveaways like these before, someone has Pokémon to give away and asks people to put a certain Pokémon with a certain name on the GTS, so the giveaway person knows who wants the Pokémon. It's commonly done by people on Tumblr or Twitter for example, who want to give something to their followers only.

In this case the person has Electrivire to give away and has asked people to put a Zubat named Rayito on the GTS if they want one. Probably because not a lot of people trade for Zubats on the GTS, so it's sort of same to assume the Rayito's won't be traded for anything else.

I've seen giveaways like these before, someone has Pokémon to give away and asks people to put a certain Pokémon with a certain name on the GTS, so the giveaway person knows who wants the Pokémon. It's commonly done by people on Tumblr or Twitter for example, who want to give something to their followers only.

In this case the person has Electrivire to give away and has asked people to put a Zubat named Rayito on the GTS if they want one. Probably because not a lot of people trade for Zubats on the GTS, so it's sort of same to assume the Rayito's won't be traded for anything else.

Thank you. That makes much more sense....
(sort of, because why go through the trouble?....)

Thank you. That makes much more sense....
(sort of, because why go through the trouble?....)
Hmm can you clarify what you mean by "trouble"? Is it the nickname thing?

I help out over on BulbaTrade, where we do weekly giveaways, and we tend to use GTS sometimes. While we don't ask for nicknames for our trades the message helps pick out which trades are meant for us so we don't accidentally trade with the wrong trainers.

Nicknames could just be an added layer on top of that. It's not necessary but it's really up to the distributor what guidelines they lay out so they know which trades to do.

Hmm can you clarify what you mean by "trouble"? Is it the nickname thing?

I didn't mean it as to mean like that. I'm guess I just don't see the point. Guess I never wanted a Pokemon enough to bother doing this.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom