• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can medication in the Pokemon World heal humans easily like Pokemon?

Well, since the medicine can heal an incredible amount of different species and types of pokemon, I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Then again, that's probably nothing more than an acceptable break from reality. If you had to keep medicine on hand for each of your pokemon, for every thing they can get sick about or any injury they can incur, it would get tiresome really fast.

"Oh, my Pidgey is poisoned. Let's see... ekans venom, ekans venom, ekans.... god damn it, I'm all out. Well, guess it's back to the pokemon center."

Last edited:
I think more than anything that's just a genre convention of the game.

What relatively limited examples of potions and the like being used in the anime I remember being less than instant.

1249918554604.png

...Maybe.

Wasn't there an anime episode with a person wanting to be a human doctor not a Pokemon Center person? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess Ash could eat some Oran Berries if he got Thundershock'd too much.

I even haven't seen anybody in the games or in the anime that has been injured badly. Maybe everyone in the pokemon world is so healthy that even a first-aid kit could make people survive

Wasn't there an anime episode with a person wanting to be a human doctor not a Pokemon Center person? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't recall that one, but I do remember one with a human doctor. A whole human hospital, actually.

That ended up having to treat pokemon. And there were no other doctors or nurses or patients in sight...

I just remembered that coma copypasta. Makes a little more sense each day.

I would imagine medical technology would be quite advanced or at least different from ours.

I mean, how do you deal with injuries caused by Shadow Ball and similar attacks?

I think so if it can heal so many diffrent kinds of pokemon then I think it would work on humans.

I don't know...Wally from R/S/E had supposedly been "sickly ever since he was a baby". He had to be sent to a place with cleaner air in order to improve. There were obviously limitations as to what medication could have done for him.

Either potions and full heals are extremely powerful over-the-counter drugs that have the ability to heal damage at the molecular level caused by attacks like hyper beam, full-body paralysis, and decapitation from attacks like fury cutter, or Game Freak just wanted to be like Square and Enix with their generic one-treatment-cures-all thing. If it is the former, then the people of the Pokemon world have extremely advanced medical technology and can probably cure any disease. If it is the latter, then we should just stick to fenix downs and tylenol.

Last edited:
The real world equivalent would be using veterinarian medication created for animals on a human. It might work but there is the possibility of it not, and/or causing unforeseeable complications, it would depend on the medication being used and what it is being used for.

Either potions and full heals are extremely powerful over-the-counter drugs that have the ability to heal damage at the molecular level caused by attacks like hyper beam, full-body paralysis, and decapitation from attacks like fury cutter, or Game Freak just wanted to be like Square and Enix with their generic one-treatment-cures-all thing. If it is the former, then the people of the Pokemon world have extremely advanced medical technology and can probably cure any disease. If it is the latter, then we should just stick to fenix downs and tylenol.
Is there canon source for this or just fan speculation?
In BW ep. 22 Cilan healed Ash of poisoning with an antidote
I just saw that episode; Cilan doesn't exaclty say its *the* antidote spray bottle used on pokemon but unlidded it and poured the liquid contents onto a small bowl where he spoon fed Ash with it - could just be a home remedy to which he called "antidote".

Is there canon source for this or just fan speculation?

I just saw that episode; Cilan doesn't exaclty say its *the* antidote spray bottle used on pokemon but unlidded it and poured the liquid contents onto a small bowl where he spoon fed Ash with it - could just be a home remedy to which he called "antidote".
I don't think they can answer, considering one is inactive since 2013 and the other since 2016.

I don't think they can answer, considering one is inactive since 2013 and the other since 2016.
OH... Well stumbled onto this whilst I was trying to look up references for my fanfic.... I have one girl who's severely beaten up and has a lot of cuts, bruises and open wounds (yes, the world of pokemon is rather a dangerous place to live in if you think about it....) and me being the nice guy decides to help her out, except that I don't know whether the result is that it heals her up instantly like in the pokemon games with pokemon and anime and all wounds, bruises and cuts are completely gone as if they were never there to start with, it does nothing or does something else....

I've read a bit of the adventure mangas but nothing in there has anyone using pokemon remedies on humans yet..... Only gone through Red, Blue and FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald boxsets. Might have reference of someone using it on a human in other volumes though which I haven't read yet.

My story is trying to be as logical and consistent as possible, relative to the pokemon world.

I'm not sure how it could work. On one hand, as someone pointed out, the medicine works on almost anything, but that is just gaming convenience, but on the other hand, it has never been used in humans as far as I know. Maybe it has been used in one of the other mangas?

I'm not sure how it could work. On one hand, as someone pointed out, the medicine works on almost anything, but that is just gaming convenience, but on the other hand, it has never been used in humans as far as I know. Maybe it has been used in one of the other mangas?
Have you read any of the mangas....?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom