• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Can we join the enemies yet?

Cleffa

The cutest
Reaction score
I always thought they were going to introduce something where we could pick our own loyalties, considering in one of the games *curse my memory*, the remakes of gold/silver I believe, they tempted & teased us with an option to join Team Rocket, do you think they might do that this game?

I'm yet to go over all the information so uncertain if this is a thing, but I would hope they'd introduce it soon. I guess it's aimed towards a younger target audience and they probably don't wanna promote violence or.. being evil, I suppose, but I would looooove to join the bad guys! That'd be so fun.

Like how cool would it be if you were able to do little side quests and have various back stories just to broaden up the story-line.

Ah well, a girl can dream.

Any thoughts on this? PS. I also couldn't find a thread in here on this, but I'm sorry if this has already been posted. :)

xoxo Sav.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the games for which it would sort of make sense. Neither team is evil, they do what they do not out of greed or hatred but for love (of humanity and of pokémon...ity), and the story allies you with the team you're not facing. It'd make sense if Omega Ruby, for example, gave you a Team Aqua costume towards the beginning of the game when Archie takes a shine to you, and a Team Magma costume near the end while you infiltrate their lair, and vice versa for Alpha Sapphire. I think fighting Team Magma in an Aqua pirate outfit would the closest you'd get to actually joining with an enemy, though. You're not going to blow up any lakes any time soon!

I would join Team Magma in a heartbeat. We already have 70% ocean we don't need more you human hating hippies. #expandland2k14

It would be fun join Magma. I remember I used to think the Magma hoodies were awesome and I like the whole science and order theme they have going on.

Not going to happen though. Customisation isn't back, let alone (Heaven forbid) changes to the Pokemon plot formula.

I'm still waiting for a game where you can make your own team (good or evil) and be the leader of it. Don't care how will they make it, just make it happen.

I would probably join team Aqua just because of my love for the color blue, water pokemon, and secretly, Archie. Hehh.

I think it'd open up a lot of exploration and additional story-lines. Not to make everyone's experience unique because outside of your team and the names you give NPCs, your story isn't very unique at all. There's way too many factors for them to try and make it so, but I think adding additional back stories depending on your choice as to which side you went to, or if you went to a side at all, would increase the investment in Pokemon and potentially widen it's already over-scaled player base.
Dreaming, of course. Dx Dx

I never read Special/Adventures, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading about how the Magma vs. Aqua thing got so significant that even some of the Gym Leaders began taking sides. It'd be pretty fun if you got to choose to help out one side or the other, although things would eventually settle out peacefully, of course.

Other than that I can't realistically see Nintendo or GameFreak being cool with us joining the evil team. Maybe the next game to feature trainer customization will let us wear the evil team's grunt outfit.

If I remember right, FR/LG also had a guy at the end of Nugget Bridge who tried to get you to join Team Rocket, but he responded as if you were rejecting him.

Even though the idea of joining Team Magma or Aqua would be good kinda but I doubt it since both of those organisations goals would end the life of many Pokémon and humans in Team Aqua's case.

If I remember right, FR/LG also had a guy at the end of Nugget Bridge who tried to get you to join Team Rocket, but he responded as if you were rejecting him.

The same choice was in the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. And it reacted the same way. You got offered to join Team Rocket and it would act as if you said no. Which sucks 'cause I kinda wanted to be part of Team Rocket back then. Now I'd rather be part of Team Galactic. Except with a cooler uniform.

The same choice was in the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. And it reacted the same way. You got offered to join Team Rocket and it would act as if you said no. Which sucks 'cause I kinda wanted to be part of Team Rocket back then. Now I'd rather be part of Team Galactic. Except with a cooler uniform.

And new haircut. And less nihilism.

Honestly, I can't imagine Gamefreak will be creating a main series title any time soon that allows us to choose to fight for justice or fight for evil. I could imagine a spin off Pokemon title sometime in the future where you start off being a trainer in a criminal organisation, who realiseslater on just how evil they are, and end up fighting against them, however, I can't imagine anything more than that.

That would actually be kinda fun! Give me something else to try with my second version of OR/AS. ;D But I doubt it happening. xD. But, if it did, I'd probably join Magma. Their cause is much more...non-bad, or something? Lol I dunno. xD. But Aqua I'd join just to oogle at Archie and swim. o3o. XDD.

Honestly, I can't imagine Gamefreak will be creating a main series title any time soon that allows us to choose to fight for justice or fight for evil. I could imagine a spin off Pokemon title sometime in the future where you start off being a trainer in a criminal organisation, who realiseslater on just how evil they are, and end up fighting against them, however, I can't imagine anything more than that.

Pokémon Colosseum - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Pokemon Colosseum is a good example of the type of game I could imagine happening again. I have my doubts Gamefreak will include such a story line in their Pokemon games anytime soon though.

Wasn't developed by GameFreak...

Was referring to how this was already a thing, not the first part :)

Was referring to how this was already a thing, not the first part :)
Ah fair enough, my bad! ^^;

I like the idea of playing as the villains. I don't think it will ever happen for a main-series game, but I could see it happening in a side-game.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom