• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can we talk about how fantastic the OST was in the final 11 episodes?

Johtoo

Reaction score
One of my biggest gripes with the anime recently has been its complete abandonment of the original series OST. In Best Wishes, it served as an obvious choice given what that generation represented; however, in XY, there was absolutely no reason to not bring back the original soundtrack to the anime. Ignoring the whole music rights being brought in 2012 aside, there is no evidence that OLM couldn't use the original score at all. Especially as they would drip-feed little parts of it in XY. Not to mention the 20th movie remastered the original soundtrack. Therefore, it's obvious they chose to ignore the original score for whatever reason. Then Journeys took it even further (no disrespect to Yuki Hayashi) but his soundtrack just doesn't compare to Miyazaki's at all, and removing Miyazaki away from the series also meant we would rarely listen to his latest scores as well. The best part of the anime (no matter its quality) was that it had arguably one of the best soundtracks of any anime around, and Miyazaki (with credit to Masuda) was the reason for that. Journeys biggest flaw was that it's soundtrack wasn't done by Miyazaki, and those final 11 episodes (while its quality could be discussed) for me, were the best 11 episodes from the series because the anime sounded like the Pokemon anime i was familiar with. It also proved that there were no issues with the anime using pre unova soundtracks, so i'm now thinking: what the hell took them so long? Anyway, let's all appreciate how amazing it was to hear classic Pokemon ost in those final episodes of journeys.

Breaks my heart, ladies and gentlemen, that we all likely know what TPCi has done to the OST here in the final dub episode: breaks my heart.

A lot of this was Johto era OST/BGM that 4Kids kept in the original Pokemon dub many times in the very last episode, likely Goldfarb'd as the running gag goes in the fandom, we'll see.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom