• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can you name every Pokémon/Do you know every Pokémon by their names? // Poll added!

Can you name every Pokémon/Do you know every Pokémon by their names?

• Yes to both questions.

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • Yes to either one of the questions.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • No to both questions.

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

Stooba

Reaction score
We have a large community in our forums here, including members that have an obsession for Pokémon and members that just like to play a good game. There's already almost 700 Pokémon - how much do our knowledge differ from each other?
So, the question is in the title: Can you name every Pokémon/Do you know every Pokémon by their names?
For example: you are shown pictures of random Pokémon. Can you name them all? Or maybe you hear someone talking about a Pokémon: can you recognize the Pokémon by the name? Is there some specific Pokémon of which name you just never remember? You can also tell how you got to remember their names.
5th generation Pokémon don't really count since their English names are yet to be revealed, but if you remember their Japanese names, sure - get your credit!

Me? Yes, I know every Pokémon by their names, as in, I know what Pokémon is being talked about, but there's still a few 4th generation Pokémon I sometimes have trouble naming.

How about you?

Last edited:
Re: Can you name every Pokémon/Do you know every Pokémon by their names?

Yes, with inclusion of its types and forms of evolution. (in addition to the game which made its debut.)

Off the top of my head? No. If you showed me a Pokemon and asked me what it was? Yes. Oh, and I don't know many of the Gen 5 pokes yet (waiting for English Release).

I know all Pokemon from gen. I-IV (waiting for English version of Black/White) their typing, evolution method and, for most, their basic stats.

Yes, and I could rhyme off a lot of other information about each Pokémon, too.

I know all their names, evolutionary lines, basic movepool, and a general idea of their stats. Plus a bunch of random facts from their pokedex entries.

I know all the Pokemon from the first four generations. I know most of the Gen. V pokemon but not all. I also know lots more of Pokemon, since I have loved it since five years of age :)

Yup, but only up to Gen IV.

Off the top of my head? No. If you showed me a Pokemon and asked me what it was? Yes. Oh, and I don't know many of the Gen 5 pokes yet (waiting for English Release).

Pretty much the same with me. I could give you the name and usually the typing. Still working on gen 5 though.

I also had the national dex numbers memorized, back when there weren't really that many Pokemon. Now, I get lost somewhere in 2nd Gen.

Also, I always have to look up movepool and base stats. T_T Never could remember all that.

Pretty much. I'm also pretty well rounded for the Black and White Japanese names too, though some are harder to remember than others.

Yes I can name all of them by there cry too in and in order.

I'm good with all the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon. Once it gets to Gen 3 and beyond, I start to loose track.

If you want to test yourself to see whether you really can name 'em all, visit Sporcle, and take their quizzes.

Gen.1 (12 minutes)
Gen.2 (10 minutes)
Gen.3 (14 minutes)
Gen.4 (12 minutes)

I got, like, 90 on the Gen.1 the first time I tried T_T

Gen I - 5 minutes 32 seconds
Gen II - 4 minutes 11 seconds
Gen III - 6 minutes 54 seconds
Gen IV - 6 minutes 22 seconds
Gen V - will memorize only English names.

I know Generation I-IV inside out, with their types.
Generation V I try not to memorize the Japanese names but I know so many already. If only schoolwork was this easy to memorize...

I can name most of the pokemon of by heart and can identify them from pictures but not all of them.

I could probably name all of the pokemon from Generation I-IV.

Once I see the Pokemon, I can name its name, typing (not necessarily in order), evos/pre-evos/relatives/counterparts, generation released, weaknesses, resistances and immunities (well naturally since i know their typing), method of evolution and for gen I-IV, its ability.
Heck, I can draw the basic shapes of all of 'em off my mind.
I fail at movepool and base stats.

Of course yes. This post describes me very well ;)
Yes, with inclusion of its types and forms of evolution. (in addition to the game which made its debut.)

Umm, I think it would be a good idea if you add a poll.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom