• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can you sing?

Revenge of the Boyega

Dancing With Myself
Reaction score
Everyone can do it. Its a fact. I don't give a flying crap squirrel about what anyone else says - everyone can sing. But the real question is can you sing well, if you do at all? What kind of voice do you have? What kind of songs do you sing?

So yeah the title is phrased weird in view of my philosophies but screw it! I'm a maverick!

Yes, I can sing quite well. I don't know none of that do rae mon rubbish but I get by. I'm very versatile and that's kind of the only reason. I can do Elvis to Disney to some-moody-idiot-singing-country to Broadway to any f-cking thing you throw at me. I gave opera a bash. Working on it... working on it... I can even do gospel but I probably shouldn't.

I can't remember lyrics to anything except Moon River and Once Upon A Dream, so I mostly just sing those. Weird, isn't it. Otherwise its JAAZZZZ and anything I've picked up. Some songs from Oklahoma. Fling a bit of Birds of Tokyo around the place. I'd do rap but my head for lyrics is abominable and I firmly believe in employing all of my lungs - no shallow, whispery business like in modern pop.

I'm going to become an actor/musician someday so yeah, I've got to keep practising. I'm probably better than your average person on the street, but stick me next to someone with talent and I'll fall. Especially since I haven't found my voice yet. I know its supposed to be the one that comes naturally but THEY ALL COME NATURALLY, DAMMIT. I can do anything super easy. How the f-ck am I supposed to know that my natural voice isn't Elvis?! How am I supposed to know it isn't sodding Jasmine from Aladdin?!! What the heck. Such problems.

My vocal range is probably middle. Go too high and it sounds shallow. Too low and I'm breaking up. I like to work it on that very special wavelength where it can swing between one or the other and quaver and all that. Old fashioned is easy, by the way. Practice that quaver and you'll be the next frickin' Vic Damone/Julie Andrews. Takes a while. Took me a few weeks - going for a walk everyday and practising Disney.

It's always been an interest. Ever since I was four years old. Singing and dancing, though admittedly I did neither. It all changes now. I hope that I get scouted on a walk one day for a Star Wars musical. Bam. Its the dream.

I can sing, and quite well actually. My voice range is strongest in mid-tenor to baritone, though I can hit those high tenor notes with enough vocal warmup and falsetto much higher. I was involved in County Chorus for a few years, and I enjoy singing complicated harmonies (the one year, we did a 12-part harmony and it was really fun).

People tell me I'm a really good singer. Then I listen to recordings of myself and I sound like total garbage so who knows.

I do have a pretty impressive range. It's smaller than it used to be since I no longer sing in choirs, but I used to hit most tenor I notes all the way through soprano I. People get surprised that I'm a sop I cause my normal speaking voice is rather low.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom