• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can you use Palpitoad in competitive battles?

Supreme Leader Palpitoad

The Toad of Honor
Reaction score
I saw one guy ask the same question but with Quilava. Since Palps is my favorite I will ask it about him. Can I use him in any way?

I doubt it. Maybe some set for a rain team to try and take advantage of Swift Swim, but that would still not be viable. It wouldn't be able to damage anything, unless it's a rain-boosted Hydro Pump. Choice Specs, maybe? Still, it probably won't be able to survive any neutral STAB hit unless everything is invested into bulk. And that would greatly cripple its offensive capability

At least that's what I think

You can but guarantees are it will do terribly. Seismetoad doesn't even get much use in competitive battling. I believe it spent most of last gen in the bottom of UU or floating around in NU.

Seismetoad doesn't even get much use in competitive battling. I believe it spent most of last gen in the bottom of UU or floating around in NU.
I do not get why honestly. Drain Punch + Poison Touch is a good combination.

The same exact reason that Poison Touch Toxicroak isn't used. Terrible stats.

Ok. Now I understand. You could use Palpitoad with Bulldoze and Toxic as some kind of suicide lead?

Seismetoad doesn't even get much use in competitive battling. I believe it spent most of last gen in the bottom of UU or floating around in NU.
I do not get why honestly. Drain Punch + Poison Touch is a good combination.

The same exact reason that Poison Touch Toxicroak isn't used. Terrible stats.

Ok. Now I understand. You could use Palpitoad with Bulldoze and Toxic as some kind of suicide lead?

Like GB says, I'd look to middle cup. It has far more use there as a bulky water.

Hmmm, in doubles you could do some fun stuff with water absorb, surf and eviolite :3 It's gonna be pretty bulky actually. The question is, what is it going to do? Besides sit there and take hits XD
Btw do you have a seismetoad? :O Cause if you do I have one also and I think a seismetoad Vs Seismetoad battle would be awesoume :)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom