• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Canadian Black and White Sampling Tour announced: Tour to stop in British Columbia, O

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Canadian Black and White Sampling Tour announced: Tour to stop in British Columbia, Ontario

Similar to the American tour beginning February 5, a Canadian Black and White tour has been announced. This "Sampling Tour" will stop at only two locations in British Columbia and Ontario. The British Columbia event will take place Feb. 12 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Feb. 13 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Grand Court at the Metropolis at Metrotown mall in Burnaby. The Ontario event will be Feb. 19 and 21 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. during Kids-Fest at the International Centre in Mississauga.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Canadian Black and White Sampling Tour announced: Tour to stop in British Columbi

I used to live in Mississauga... personally I think Square One might've been a better choice of location (I've never even heard of that place it is at, lol). At SQ1, they'd also have been able to have a theatrical showing of Movie 13 as they're doing in the US Mall tour.

Nice to see Canada finally getting some attention, though. The shiny Beasts & Celebi at Gamestop, Ash's Pikachu at Toys "R" Us... things are looking up.

Last edited:
Re: Canadian Black and White Sampling Tour announced: Tour to stop in British Columbi

I used to live in Mississauga... personally I think Square One might've been a better choice of location (I've never even heard of that place it is at, lol). At SQ1, they'd also have been able to have a theatrical showing of Movie 13 as they're doing in the US Mall tour.

Nice to see Canada finally getting some attention, though. The shiny Beasts & Celebi at Gamestop, Ash's Pikachu at Toys "R" Us... things are looking up.
I agree with regards to Square One... I've never heard of the place it's at either lol and Square One usually attracts these kind of events (and would probably be more convenient for most people)

(wait we're getting Ash's Pikachu at TRU??!)

anyways I DON'T CARE i will get my bf to drive me to this weird place in Mississauga (i live in Etobicoke) because i'm SO EXCITED that we are actually getting events now!! :D

I live closer to the one in Mississauga than any of the US ones, and I'm a US citizen (although I was hoping they'd do it in Windsor instead, lol)

Or Ottawa, for that matter. Maybe Nintendo thinks there are only 2 cities (plus their associated suburbs) in Canada, lol.

Normally they'd think Toronto and Montreal instead of Mississauga, or even Vancouver and Ottawa for that matter. Odd choices.

I suppose they assume Mississauga essentially covers Toronto; and in a way it does. It's not much of a drive, and quite a large city (though far too spread out, IMO) in its own right. Maybe it's cheaper to have the event there.

The last Pokemon thing like this was a Hg/Ss launch party in Toronto, which took place (I believe) somewhere down around Exhibition at some place or other.

Will they actually be selling the games at these things or will this be an event where they show a "super exclusive look" at some of the new pokemon, give out pencils with pictures of Darmanitan on them, and direct fans to the HG/SS rack at HMV?

It's a preview event; they won't be selling the games... well not B&W, at least, as those won't even have come out at the time these events are held. Dunno if they'll be selling Gen IV games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom