• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

Merging) Ken (PMC) and Mary (PMC) into Pokémon Mystery Club

Mainspacing) User:Relicant/List of Pokémon with shared species names

Moving) Kiseki to KISEKI

Moving 2) ONE to ONE (Japanese song)

Splitting) Wobbuffet Festival crashers into Tsuyoshi, Tetsuya, and Hisashi

Half a week and no comments! =[

I think the merge is appropriate and fine.

For the split, I think one page is fine too.

Kiseki, as the itunes listing lists it as KISEKI, I think it should be moved.

One seems appropriate as there are many meaning for "1" that should be considered.

For the mainspacing page, I do not think it is necessary, because the list on the Species page we have is sortable, and would put them in order if one wishes.

Last edited:
Merge) Yes. The separate articles are small enough to be one page.

Mainspace) No. The species page is already sortable. There's no need for a separate page.

Moving) If that's the way its listed, then that is what we should use.

Moving Part 2) Totally agree. "One" can mean a tonne of things.

Splitting) I have no idea. We're merging two small pages into one whilst are splitting one article (which doesn't actually have much in content) into three possible short articles. I'm just not too sure.

Moving) Kiseki to KISEKI

Merge: Yes. The Ken and Mary pages are identical (give or take wording, and the VA info), so it'd definitely be nice to just put them into one page that communicates that info by itself.
Mainspace: I guess I don't care? I do generally like the idea of having a nice, compact, straightforward presentation of something like "Shared Species", but on the other hand, it is extraneous, given that the species table is sortable.
Moves: I leave these to others. I care a bit, but not for any good reasons (good enough, that is, to say "No, they shouldn't move").
Split: No. The episode summary says the characters are always together, so it really doesn't seem there'd be anything to gain by making articles for each of those individual characters. It'd be no better than another Ken/Mary (PMC) (and it'd be weird to do opposite things in these cases: merging one and splitting the other).

Merging) Yes. The articles are nearly identical and work work best and more practically as a single page.
Mainspacing) Neutral. Given that the Species tables are sortable like it was stated before, the page does look rather nice and I wouldn't complain if it were to be mainspaced.
Move 1) Yes. That's the closest thing to an official spelling we have, so, I don't see why we shouldn't go with it.
Move 2) Yes, it would make the most sense to disambiguate it.
Split) A strong no from me. Like Tiddlywinks stated, there's nothing to gain by splitting these articles. The characters are always together, so the information would be repetitve. Having one full-fleshed article is ten times better than having three identical stubs, that have no potential of ever being more than a stub.

Last edited:
Topics of 2/15/14, discussion starts at post 241; (Deletion is replaced this week with candidate for moving):

Moving) Kiseki to KISEKI

Merging: I'm fine with the merge. Like others have said, better to have a fully developed single article than a bunch of permanent stubs. If they reappear and the article gets huge for some reason, then we can split it later. For now, I think merge.
Mainspacing: This is a neat looking page. But the Species page conveys the same information. I wouldn't throw rocks at it if it's mainspaced, but I don't think we really need it.
Moving 1: KISEKI is the spelling used in the US iTunes store, as well as the iTunes stores of numerous other countries, AND the lyrics booklet of the Japanese physical CD release. I think there's no reason not to move it :p
Moving 2: I'll say yes because there is "One (dub)" as well, not to mention all the other things that are named 1, one, 001, etc.
Splitting: Do not split. This is just like Ken and Mary from before. If this were split, we'd get three unexpandable stubs. Here, in a combined article, it communicates the relevance of all three more efficiently and is a full, completed article. So don't split it I think :p

I am recommending that in Korean section the Torterra Deck • Infernape Deck • Empoleon Deck • Raichu Deck be combined into a Series 1 Decks page. The reason I urge this is the decks only had 6 fixed cards + 6 energy. The balance of the deck was composed by taking one of four sets of 10 cards(4 typed pokémon and 6 required energy), one of three sets of 5 normal pokémon cards, and one of three sets of 3 trainer cards. I have bought about a dozen decks to get 1 complete set.

Hey, Now that SS033 is releasing in the dub, it is high that people realised it is a regular episode, not a special. It has been pointed out before, but no decision has been taken. Have the Editorial Board and the Staff reached any decision about it?

Could we split the Pokemon Rumble World challenge missions from that article and give more in-depth info on them, such as what Pokemon appear in the missions and whatnot?

Can i suggest moving both the unova pokedex page? the new unova dex had never been called new unova. this is also the reason why we do not have a new hoenn dex page. instead both are call hoenn dex, just a bracket behind indicating the generation. may i suggest we rename the unova dex into something similar (add the game name behind or just BW and BW2)? why the double standard?

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom