• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Candidates for merging/moving/mainspacing/splitting discussion thread

- Deletion - Redirect to Elite Four per ZestyCactus (talk page comment). I believe a redirect would be more appropriate as there has been an official usage of Big Four to refer to the Elite Four in the manga, which is more notable than an old term.

- Merging - Move to Medals (Generation VI). I really don't fully like my suggestion, but I believe it is for the best. I think that the Gen V and Gen VI medal systems are different enough that they should not be lumped together on one page. Two separate pages for them should be enough. (Plus, a disambig for both pages, the Medal Case, and the Global Link section wouldn't hurt.)

- Mainspacing - Mainspacing. No objections here.

- Moving - Move. No objections here.

- Splitting - Split. The reason I am alright with splitting is the sentence where the G/F/S Starters are "[...] known as 御三家 the big three among Japanese fans." This is the other reason I am alright with it.

- Deletion - Redirect to Elite Four per ZestyCactus (talk page comment). I believe a redirect would be more appropriate as there has been an official usage of Big Four to refer to the Elite Four in the manga, which is more notable than an old term.
For what it's worth - here is the manga page which uses the term "The Big Four". You can see the Japanese characters for "four heavenly kings" on the right-hand side and "the big four" written in English beside it. It's not so commonly used that it would ruin my life if there wasn't a redirect, but clearly I was not the first person to think of it (as someone made that first remark way back in 2005 on the talk page) and as I stated in my 2009 comment, this page is the first thing I ever thought of when I heard the term "The Big Four", not an outdated retronym for a group of websites.

Post week update: Big Four was deleted and turned into a redirect for the Elite Four.

User:Soulweaver/Medal was moved into the mainspace at the "List of" title that was suggested. The old Medal page was also moved, and that main page was turned into a disambig temporarily. (I didn't feel comfortable enough writing about Medals in a descriptor page, so I'm leaving it for someone else.)

Hugh (Adventures) was not mainspaced, as it fit well on the main Hugh article anyway.

Element Keychain books was moved to Pokémon Keychain Books

First Pokémon splitting off from Starter Pokémon is being postponed until further notice and being replaced.

Merging) Battlus and Somek

Mainspacing) Mars's Purugly

Moving) Gracidea (flower) to Gracidea

Moving 2) palette to Poképale!

Splitting) Battle Tower (Johto) splitting off into Battle Tower (Generation II) and Battle Tower (Generation IV). (Also involves moving Battle Tower (Sinnoh) to Battle Tower (Generation IV)
Merging: This is a tough one, since they share a Japanese name and a similar appearance and strategy. Honestly though maybe it's better to put them both on the Mt.BtlMaster (Trainer class) page. In this case, when it's all in one page anyway, it might be easier to convey that they may or may not be the same person (as we should maintain their separate English names regardless) and we can merge Infin and Inity to that page as well, as they are the only other two with that class and they also have tiny pages. None of these people really had character development or anything so it's probably a lot more efficient and attractive to merge them into a solid article.

Mainspacing: No major complaints here, it had an impact on plot advancement in the anime and in two manga, plus information on game appearances and Pocket Monsters DP manga (where it didn't have much of an impact on the plot), which strengthens the article.

Moving 1: No complaints here.

Moving 2: From what I learned from the article, the current title is named after the owner, not the website itself. This is silly, it's like calling the Bulbagarden page "Archaic". Should definitely be moved.

Splitting: Okay, so let's see if I understand correctly. The article "Battle Tower (Johto)" contains all the information of Crystal Version, plus a link to "Battle Tower (Sinnoh)", since the battle tower in DPPt is identical to the Battle Tower in HGSS? IF that is the case, I support the split/move. If I'm wrong, ignore everything I just said XD

Moving) Gracidea (flower) to Gracidea

Moving 2) palette to Poképale!
Yes, move both. I never even knew there was a Gracidea location; the flower can easily take precedence. For palette, while the site's http address has always used "pokepale", the site was originally named "palette". But we're talking about now, and now it's named "Poképale!" (although technically, the site always uses "Pokepale" with an unaccented "e"), so yeah, move it.

Splitting) Battle Tower (Johto) splitting off into Battle Tower (Generation II) and Battle Tower (Generation IV). (Also involves moving Battle Tower (Sinnoh) to Battle Tower (Generation IV)
Yes, please. If the "Johto" article just links to the Sinnoh page for HGSS (because they are the same areas), then HGSS-Johto and Sinnoh should all be the same page from the get-go, and the info for Crystal can have its own completely dedicated page.

Merging) Beta Safari Zone into Pokémon Gold and Silver beta

Mainspacing) User:Vuvuzela2010/List of alternately colored Pokémon in the games

Moving) Brandon's Regis to Brandon's legendary golems

Moving 2) Power Plant to Power Plant (Kanto) or Kanto Power Plant

Splitting) Slowking (M02) off of Recurring wild Pokémon in the anime

Merge) I agree with the merge. It makes a good article even better in my opinion.

Mainspacing) I think this page is thorough in its examples and ready to be in the mainspace.

Move 1) Agree. It removes a fan term from an article about an official thing.

Move 2) Yes, and move to Kanto Power Plant. This title should be for the disambig, which has like 6 items.

Splitting) Slowking is essentially a CoD: it had its own short devoted to it. Agree.

Merge) I too agree with the merge. Though maybe make the catchable table collapsable if it does get merged, I feel the already big article would get bit too big.

Mainspace) Eh, not too sure. But if the majority wants it, I wouldn't object.

Move) Yes please. Official>fanon.

Move) Move to Kanto Power Plant. No reason really, just makes sense to me :/

Split) I half heartedly agree. Part of me says no mainly because the existing information is so small and I don't know if he does much in the second movie but give Ash directions. But the other half kinda agrees with splitting, mainly because of the short and the fact Pikachutwo, who also appeared in something other than its movie (but I deem unnotable), has an article.

Merging) Beta Safari Zone into Pokémon Gold and Silver beta

Mainspacing) User:Vuvuzela2010/List of alternately colored Pokémon in the games

Moving) Brandon's Regis to Brandon's legendary golems

Moving 2) Power Plant to Power Plant (Kanto) or Kanto Power Plant

Splitting) Slowking (M02) off of Recurring wild Pokémon in the anime
Merging: According to the talk page, one year ago I mentioned in favour of merging haha. I think I'll stick with that, though I like the idea to make the wild Pokémon list collapsible so it doesn't make the page too big.
Mainspacing: To me the idea is interesting enough that it's worth mainspacing so that it can get the attention it needs to be expanded. So I'll say yes.
Moving: Well really, legendary golems is still a fanon terminology, but to me it sounds more professional than "Brandon's Regis" especially since "Legendary golems" is the name we have on the article for the trio itself. So I'll support the move.
Moving 2: Definitely move it. I prefer Power Plant (Kanto) but either's good.
Splitting: I really don't care either way on this one... I don't think Slowking's that notable for his own article but we have articles that are just as tiny for random characters of the day so eh.

I don't consider myself qualified to really answer one way or the other to most of the current proposals. (Maybe re:Regis, but I'm also not gonna add anything new to that.) But from last week...

...This one ended up being ignored, with no action, and I cannot abide that. Certainly not without some comment. The issue seemed very straightforward to me.

I am ready and willing to make all necessary changes myself. Was there a reason it was skipped? (I.e., a reason I shouldn't go and make necessary changes and move pages right now myself?) I don't know there can be a "good" reason to not make those moves, but I also don't want to risk being reprimanded for taking unilateral action where Nate has declined to.

...This one ended up being ignored, with no action, and I cannot abide that. Certainly not without some comment. The issue seemed very straightforward to me.

I am ready and willing to make all necessary changes myself. Was there a reason it was skipped? (I.e., a reason I shouldn't go and make necessary changes and move pages right now myself?) I don't know there can be a "good" reason to not make those moves, but I also don't want to risk being reprimanded for taking unilateral action where Nate has declined to.

For future reference, this wasn't declined, just sort of... postponed. If it was declined, all the tags would have been removed. It's agreed upon enough, I just was in a rush (and still kind of am) with the release of the 146 card XY expansion this past weekend. (Gotta maintain my section, as Head of TCG.) I mostly just posted new topics and did the easiest changes for last weeks. This one was a lot more complicated than I personally had time to handle. If you were willing to make the necessary changes , I would honestly really really appreciate it. Splits and merges are always somewhat difficult. If you could make finalized pages in your userspace, I'll merge/move the appropriate pages with your finalized versions on top.

Last edited by a moderator:

For future reference, this wasn't declined, just sort of... postponed. If it was declined, all the tags would have been removed. It's agreed upon enough, I just was in a rush (and still kind of am) with the release of the 146 card XY expansion this past weekend. (Gotta maintain my section, as Head of TCG.) I mostly just posted new topics and did the easiest changes for last weeks. This one was a lot more complicated than I personally had time to handle. If you were willing to make the necessary changes , I would honestly really really appreciate it. Splits and merges are always somewhat difficult. If you could make finalized pages in your userspace, I'll merge/move the appropriate pages with your finalized versions on top.
OK, I understand now. I'll mock up the pages that most need changes, then, including a few templates that'll warrant updated links (to remove large swathes of pages from What Links Here on the old pages). I think, when I'm done with that, I'll link each of those pages on my main user page, so they're easily findable.

Merge) Absolutely yes. Minimal article with really no expansion value that can easily be merged.

Mainspacing)I'm not sure whether or not this needs to be mainspaced, or the content just put onto the Calem article

Moves) Both of these should very clearly be moved, based on their talk page messeges.

Splitting) Personally, I don't think that this article needs to be split. The only reason I would say yes is if it ends up being too large, but currently it's just list at the end of an article, which we have many of anyway

Merging: I agree with merging. Doesn't seem like there's anywhere for it to expand, and it fits nicely into the regular Mystery dungeon page.

Moving 1+2: Also agree with moves.

Splitting: This one, I'm kinda leaning towards splitting. Right now it's not too bad, but it's starting to load pretty slowly on my current internet, and since it's currently being added to with the XY series and the online WTP, it's only gonna get harder to load from here.

Edit: Missed mainspacing: I'm kinda split on this one. While it's technically a trainer class, and like most trainer class pages, it probably should have its own page, the only character in it is a player character, so there currently isn't even any teams on there. I'd personally think it should either be merged with Calem, or possibly with the Grand Duchess page (if there was any nice way of doing that).

Merging: I agree to have a merge. Like other articles that I have been in favour of merging, I don't think this topic has much room for expansion, except to include additional information on the actual dungeons themselves, which will be notable for their own articles anyway. So the content that is here will fit into other articles nicely.

Mainspacing: No major complaints here. Not sure if it's notable for its own article since the only one possible is the player but I'm sure we've had similar articles so I don't really care XD

Moving 1: This talk page comment sums it up for me: "I think this page should be moved to Pocket World because it's been called that for two years now!". The article should reflect the current title of the publication.

Moving 2: Seems like "Pokémon Go!" is more consistently used, so I'm in for the move.

Splitting: Not that I necessarily believe this NEEDS to be split, but it is loading very sluggish on my computer. I can only imagine how it must be on users with weaker computers or slower Internet connections. I suggest a split especially due to the nature of the page it's image-heavy.

Splitting: Not that I necessarily believe this NEEDS to be split, but it is loading very sluggish on my computer. I can only imagine how it must be on users with weaker computers or slower Internet connections. I suggest a split especially due to the nature of the page it's image-heavy.

I think I'm beginning to agree now. It is extremely image heavy, and the only reason it is is for archival purposes, instead of actual article content. I think the page should be split to "List of Who's That Pokémon? segments", imo

Merge: Yeah, that looks like it'd fit better merged rather than in its own paltry article.

Mainspace: I think it'd fit better as a redirect to/note in the Grand Duchess page. If something eventually shows another Trainer with that Trainer class (not the player, that is; someone to warrant a Trainer list section), then it'll be fine to have its own page; in the meantime, though, it doesn't do much more than repeat the Battle Chateau page (certainly it does no more than it reasonably could as part of the Grand Duchess page).

Move 1 & 2: Yeah. They seem straightforward enough.

Split: Yes. Nate hit on the best point. The list section absolutely does not need to be part of the main article; and as long as it is, it's only hurting that page's load time. Splitting it off doesn't really hurt anything and benefits much.

Definitely agree on splitting the WTP page. It takes a while to load the page and that tells me that the page is in need of a split. I like to think the page is like that because Trainer Choice is similarly formatted, but the main difference is TC is finished but WTP isn't thus the former won't be getting larger but the latter will.

The others I agree on, though the GRand Duke page should just be redirected to Calem (game).

Merge) Yes. That article will be hard to expand and will forever remain a stub without a merge.

Mainspacing) No real opinion on this one.

Moves) Yes with both.

Splitting) Yes. I think this article absolutely needs to be split. With XY just kicking off, we're looking at about 100+ more images and the page already loads slowly and is hard to navigate as is.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom