• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Can't edit threads!

Adrienne

is new; nice to meet you!
Reaction score
WHYYYY.jpg

This has actually been an ongoing problem which started the day "Team Rocket" took over. I assumed it would be back to normal after traffic had slowed but it has not improved. No matter what day I try to edit, what hour of the day or night, whether traffic is crazy or dead, I get this message and cannot update my thread.

What is going on?

Which thread? It may be a specific problem thread causing issues with the database.

My shop thread, linked in my sig. When it is completely expanded it is quite large; I can split it up into two if necessary.

Which post are you editing? Just the first one? I'm having trouble getting it to edit myself, though no database errors, only timeouts. I believe it may very well have to do with the length of the post, and the load that causes. Splitting up the post into a few smaller ones may make all the difference. This might also give us an idea of exactly how long a post can be in the database, either in terms of character limits or word limits that we may need to enforce to prevent issues. All the spoiler tags do is hide things, they don't stop them loading in the background, so the length is a huge issue there.

Which post are you editing? Just the first one? I'm having trouble getting it to edit myself, though no database errors, only timeouts. I believe it may very well have to do with the length of the post, and the load that causes. Splitting up the post into a few smaller ones may make all the difference. This might also give us an idea of exactly how long a post can be in the database, either in terms of character limits or word limits that we may need to enforce to prevent issues. All the spoiler tags do is hide things, they don't stop them loading in the background, so the length is a huge issue there.

Yes, I have only attempted to edit the first post; With your permission, I'd like to split the thread into 'Events Only' and everything else and see if that rectifies the problem, especially since the edit I would need to make to the Event section is substantial, to encompass everything that is here (http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=52200).

Update: When I completely removed the Events section from the original thread, the edit was successful and instantaneous. I will not create a brand new thread for the large removed section unless I am sanctioned to do so by staff, however. Please let me know if I have the go ahead to make a second shop thread.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom