• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

cant they make up names instead of colours

Well, I'm just glad they didn't call them "Blue City" or "Grey Town" or whatever. When I was little, I didn't even know most of the Kanto cities were supposed to be named after colors.

Not to mention Gold (Marsh), Blue (Cascade), and Green (Earth) badges. Those sound boring (though Phantom Badge sounds better than Fog Badge)

BW had a cloud theme for cities (Accumula, Icirrus, Nimbasa, Mistralton (which even has an airport))

I think it's neat to keep themes like these, and changing them up every new region isn't a bad thing.

like ive said before i REALLY like some of them. themes are good 2. but i think naming that new pokemon klink was a little weird. nice ring to it though.and please dont tell me that fire fighting starter is a theme cause it makes the next pokemon to predictable

You're hijacking your thread by changing the subject? o.o

Klink is a much better name than "Gear", bro. ._.

And I don't see why it's okay to have 3 Pure Water and 3 Pure Grass starters, but having 3 fire/fighting starts is suddenly a deed so awful it should be punishable by law. ._.

Emboar, consider what she's based off of, SHOULD have been Fire/Water. Heck, if they were going to use the Water Monk/Demon from Journey to the West for a starter, they should have been the Water Starters.

But, the Fire/Fighting type also fits very well. Makes her a perfect partner to Infernape. Blaziken is a stand-alone Fire/Fighting, while Infernape and Emboar share a theme. Thus, they share the same type. Even if it's not very "original", it still makes perfect sense.

Okay.

Which would you like better? Lavender Town or Wiedbybavgdkalm Town?

Cerulean City or Uwhbdxnhjwg City?

I find the color names for cities/towns really pretty actually... Why didn't like the name "Seafoam" and "Lavender" when they were little?

Well, I'm just glad they didn't call them "Blue City" or "Grey Town" or whatever.
There's a "White City" in Pokemon Stadium 2. :p

I like how every region has a scheme. Although the versions could be named after more interesting things.

like ive said before i REALLY like some of them. themes are good 2. but i think naming that new pokemon klink was a little weird. nice ring to it though.and please dont tell me that fire fighting starter is a theme cause it makes the next pokemon to predictable

I seriously don't know what you're saying. I believe everyone is saying how the themes concern the naming of towns in regions, not anything to do with specific Pokemon. I'm just not getting what you're putting down.

When did this thread turn from colors into the names of Pokemon? Honestly, I think you are trolling your own thread.

I personally like how each region has a theme for it's cities. Even though Gen I's theme was colors, they didn't use boring names. For instance, they used "Viridian City" instead of "Bluish-Green City."

And I don't see why it's okay to have 3 Pure Water and 3 Pure Grass starters, but having 3 fire/fighting starts is suddenly a deed so awful it should be punishable by law. ._.

IT ISN'T OKAY! D:< Why do I have to complain nonstop and the only water-dual I get is part steel? And there hasn't been a grass dual since gen 1! DO. NOT. WANT.

Anyways, for the topic, using colors as names is just fine. Considering it's done cleverly, I don't find a problem with it. The only time I find an issue in pokemon names are ones I have problems saying (ALOMOMOLA WHAT IS THIS)

Every generation had a theme to the naming, and I don't see why they should stop now!

All of the naming schemes make for great material on which to base fanfiction, etc., on, if making a new region. So I have no real complaints.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom