• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Caprizant's Commodities [CLOSED]

Did you like your banner?

• I love it!

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Yeah, it's good.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • It's alright, but it could use some work.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Meh.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Caprizant

Getting Into Knives
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
wb1vfI2.png

Welcome to Caprizant's Commodities, a one-stop shop for all your image-editing needs! I do avatars, banners, and special requests.​

GUIDELINES

1. You do not need to credit me. Just don't claim you made the thing if someone asks :V

2. However, credit the artists whose art goes into your product. The best method is a direct link to the original artwork within your signature. If you choose to let me find an image myself, I'll provide sources when the request is finished. If you provide an image and don't know the source, I might be able to find it for you; I'll let you know if I can't.

3. Please use the order forms. I've designed them to be flexible, but there is a small amount of baseline information I always need.

4. Please be honest and tell me what I can improve on. I keep layer files for every product I make - I can always go back and change something if you want me to. Polite, constructive feedback is welcome.

5. There are three slots in the queue. I'll make a post when the queue is full, so check before you make a request.

If these guidelines ever change, I will make a post noting the change.

EXAMPLES

Below are some examples of my past work. Feel free to refer to these in your requests - for example, if you see a banner shape you like, you can say "similar to Banner 3" in the "Shape" section of the form. I will be adding to these examples as time goes on, so check if there's a new example you want to refer to while making a new order!
zT9gsHK.png

Jolteon by fizzy-dog.

EaliPEw.png

Banette by shinydragonair.

uo36LnR.png

Clefable by TkptVN.
Background by ZandraArt.

y0F28Ub.png

Official artwork used.

IGjI3MI.png

Official artwork used.​

FORMS

These are designed to be fairly flexible. First I'll go over what each section means, then I'll give you a blank slate to copy & paste.

Subject/Image: The main focus of your avatar. You can just tell me the subject - like the name of a character or Pokémon - or you can provide a specific image.

Size: How big you want the avatar to be, in pixels (width x height). You can also just give a description, like "standard" or "tall." Standard is 400x400 (the recommended size for avatars).

Shape: Optional. What shape you want your avatar to be. For example, if you request a square avatar, you'd get something like Avatar 1 above. You might request a star-shaped avatar, in which case you'd get something like Avatar 3 above. Go wild, I can do pretty much any shape you want, as long as it fits in the avatar box. You can leave this section blank, in which case I'll go with whatever I think looks best.

Other:
Optional. Specify anything not covered above (e.g. color schemes, design motifs, etc). Keep in mind I'm not creating art myself, just editing multiple existing images together.

Subject/Image:
Size:
Shape:
Other:

Banner Form
Subject/Image: The main focus of your banner. You can just tell me the subject - like the name of a character or Pokémon - or you can provide a specific image.

Size: How big you want the banner to be, in pixels (width x height). You can also just give a description, like "less wide than standard" or "userbar-size." Standard is 600x160 (the maximum allowed in signatures without being a staff member; this leaves room for one line of text, per forum rules).

Shape: Optional. What shape you want your banner to be. For example, if you request a rectangular banner, you'd get something like Banner 1 above. You might request a "wavy" banner, in which case you'd instead get something like Banner 3 above. Go wild, I can do pretty much any shape you want, as long as it fits within the signature limit. You can leave this section blank, in which case I'll go with whatever I think looks best.

Text:
Optional. What the banner should say (e.g. your username, or a quote). If you want a specific style of text - like "elegant" or "spooky," etc - feel free to tell me here. Otherwise, I'll go with whatever style I think looks best. You can leave this section blank, in which case I won't add any text.

Border/Drop Shadow:
Optional. Whether you want a border, drop shadow, both, or neither. Feel free to specify some extra stylistic choices - like color and thickness of the border, for example. You can leave this section blank, in which case I'll go with whatever I think looks best.

Other:
Optional. Specify anything not covered above (e.g. color schemes, design motifs, etc). Keep in mind I'm not creating art myself, just editing multiple existing images together.

Subject/Image:
Size:
Shape:
Text:
Border/Drop Shadow:
Other:

Special Requests

Special requests can generally fit in one of the above two forms. For example, a request for a thread banner (like the one at the top of this post) would work with a Banner Form.

QUESTIONS I'VE NEVER BEEN ASKED BUT MIGHT BE GOOD TO KNOW
What program do you use to make these?
Paint.NET. It's free - and despite the name, a program, not a website. Can do a lot of fantastic things with the right plugins and some creative usage of the available tools.

How long does it take you to make these?
Depends on the request, but generally only an hour or two once I get working on it. Just keep in mind I have other responsibilities, and may not get to your request immediately.
rglqG9H.gif

What kind of images are good for requests?
Good images are fairly large, and have a good contrast between the background & the main subject. Preferably, the background should be transparent or a solid color. This all makes it easier to edit. I can do far less with images where the subject is inseparable from the background, so keep that in mind.

How can I contact you?
If you want to contact me outside this thread, you can leave a message on my profile. You can also send me a private message through the Conversations feature if you want to keep your request secret, for whatever reason.

Alright, bye!
See ya! Have a nice day :Ꭰ

QUEUE
Code:
~~~

Happy ordering!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cap-Man's Banner Shop

See? I told you you'd have AT LEAST one.
Text: Lief (in the same font as in the Fawful banner)
Other: I would like the backround to be green and black, please.

See? I told you you'd have AT LEAST one.
Text: Lief (in the same font as in the Fawful banner)
Other: I would like the backround to be green and black, please.

All done!

lief1.png

Using small characters felt slightly awkward to me, but I tried to work with it.
If you think it needs a redo, feel free to ask me. Redoes of signatures don't require the one week waiting period.

Awe. Some.
I'd use bigger pictures, but I don't know of any official artwork of the Final Fantasy Ninja. Thanks!

Tell you what, I'll help build up your shop, dude :D

Size: Standard
Images: http://emilymancuso.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/triforce.jpg
Text: VirtualAnomaly
Other: I kinda want the background to be purple with black splotches here and there, and I want the triforce to be purple as well (you can add your own artistic style inside of it, if you wish) and I want a glow around it.

Thanks in advance!

Other: I kinda want the background to be purple with black splotches here and there, and I want the triforce to be purple as well (you can add your own artistic style inside of it, if you wish) and I want a glow around it.

Thanks in advance!

Finished!

virtualanomaly1.png

As you can see, I'm not that great at making things glow. :murg:
Oh, well. If there's something you think needs tweaking, feel free to ask me.

Thanks in advance!

Finished!

virtualanomaly1.png

As you can see, I'm not that great at making things glow. :murg:
Oh, well. If there's something you think needs tweaking, feel free to ask me.

Actually, I think it looks fantastic, dude! Thanks a ton, and you have just got yourself a regular customer :D

Glad I could help everyone! (@Sackboy; I'm uploading yours to Photobucket right now ^^)

Last edited:

I have a speical request:
Size: 200x200
Background: http://img.skitch.com/20120418-846qjsr3d71hnr3hja65puw3re.jpg.
Characters: Ash, with Pikachu next to him.
Text: (Foreground) in the center "Kingdom of Pokémon" in bold. And on the top, in slightly smaller letters, "Greatest of the Elite Four: jokool" in italics.

This is for the kingdom of pokemon group!

Text: (Foreground) in the center "Kingdom of Pokémon" in bold. And on the top, in slightly smaller letters, "Greatest of the Elite Four: jokool" in italics.

Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but I tried to work with it! ^^'

donyorspec1-1.png

If there's any tweaking needed, ask me!

Considering my signature is at the bottom of the barrel, I like a banner somewhat like this:

Size,: Standard (500 X 140)
Images to work with, if any: View attachment 64018,
Text, if any: I'd like "Join the Resistance" on the top-left, and "We've got bacon." on the bottom right.
Other: If possible, try to make it as ominous as you can.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but I tried to work with it! ^^'

donyorspec1-1.png

That's just fine, you did it better than I had it in my mind! Thanks!

donyorspec1-1.png

That's just fine, you did it better than I had it in my mind! Thanks!

Mkay, I think I'd like one.

Image- http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/103/f/0/da_id_2012_by_okamitakahashi-d4w20dh.jpg
(this image is my own btw)
Text- Okami

Um...that's all I can think of.

I'm sorry, but I could really use some more information :-/
Do you want me to just use the characters? Because there's really too much going on right now in the image for me to do anything with it.

Considering my signature is at the bottom of the barrel, I like a banner somewhat like this:

Text, if any: I'd like "Join the Resistance" on the top-left, and "We've got bacon." on the bottom right.

Thanks!

"Invalid attachment specified."

Thanks!

bacon.png

Sorry about that. This image should work though.

Thanks!

bacon.png

Here you go!

tfpokey1.png

Ask for a tweak, blah blah, and all that jazz. Hope you like it!

Thanks!

bacon.png

Here you go!

tfpokey1.png

Ask for a tweak, blah blah, and all that jazz. Hope you like it!

Awesome! :D Thanks!

Glad I could help!

NEW FEATURE—"Up For Grabs"

Caprizant said:
If a banner is "up for grabs," it will remain up for grabs for one week. If you claim a banner in time, I will replace my username in the banner with yours, and you can take it. Banners up for grabs can be requested for tweaking as well. NOTE—UP FOR GRABS BANNERS ARE STILL UNDER THE THREE DAY WAITING PERIOD. If you claim a banner, you must wait three days before ordering another, and you cannot claim one if you are still under the waiting period for another banner. I shall update whenever a banner is up for grabs.

The following banner is up for grabs:

4/21/12
ufg1.png

If you want it, claim it!

Back
Top Bottom