• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Cosmog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Shiny Saga - START!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
On Heahea Beach, Akala Island, Alola, two Trainers were relaxing. One was lying on a chair, the other played with his Pokémon. They were MegaPod and Max, respectively.

As Max looked over at his Pokémon playing with one another on the beach, a thought occurred to him.
“Has it really been just 2 days since everything that happened? Feels like it’s been much longer than that…”

Suddenly, he felt a rounded hand on his shoulder. When he looked over, he was surprised by what was next to him.
“W-Woah! T-Tapu Lele?”
His exclamation got the attention of MegaPod and all the Pokémon, who promptly turned around, just as the island guardian flew away from them, making a beckoning gesture.

Max and MegaPod looked around, as the two went through Lush Jungle, eventually reaching a clearing. In it lay a Cosmog, sleeping, but the colors weren’t those of a normal Cosmog.
“It’s a Shiny Cosmog…” Max muttered, before turning to MegaPod. “What do you think we should do with it?”

---

Hello, everyone, and welcome to a brand new semi-RP: Capture the Shiny Cosmog! This is a sequel to Capture the Shiny Victini by @MegaPod.

Rules:
1) Follow the rules of the Bulbgarden Forums and Fun and Games section, obviously.
2) Try to minimize the controlling of other poster's own characters without that poster’s permission. No godmodding, basically. Characters from the Pokémon universe are okay to use, and pretty much fair game for anyone.
3) No auto-killing. Please let each poster decide whether his/her own character(s) is dead.
4) Keep it relevant to Pokémon, please.
5) The Shiny Cosmog is very passive. It doesn't use attacks, communicate via telepathy, or give anyone a hard time. Plus, it technically counts as my own character, me being the topic creator, so, yeah.
6) To let me know that you've read the rules, package up a copy each of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon including a note with your Bulbagarden username, and mail them to this address:
KIDDING! :p
7) Please try to preserve continuity in the game. If you don't, it bugs me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, too. It is IMPORTANT that your post shifts the possession of the Shiny Cosmog from one character to another (in most cases, your own character), or at least restates who actually has it. We need to keep the game on track! ALSO IMPORTANT: When your post changes the status or location of any other characters or objects critical to the plot, try to state so CLEARLY, like with the Cosmog. We don't want to get confused!
8) Try to add at least something substantial to the story in your post. This is to prevent the thread from being filled with spammy, irrelevant, or inconsequential posts.
9) Don't make it impossible for the next player to post something relevant that continues the game. For example, no killing the Cosmog, no being too obscure about your character's actions, no stashing away the Cosmog where it can literally never be accessed, etc. If you make a post and think someone else might have a hard time figuring out how to get the Cosmog or "save" themselves from a dangerous situation, you might want to hint at how they can accomplish that.
10) Do NOT evolve the Cosmog.
11) Most importantly, have fun!

Somewhere beyond this realm, a group of individuals, most of which were clad in formal business suits, gathered together at a long table in a bright, pale room covered with surreal paintings and portraits of various entities. Some of the portraits were identifiable as certain Pokemon, some depicted certain individuals, both of those, or others beyond recognition. All these individuals huddling in the table had one thing in common; they donned a mask covering their entire faces; the mask ranged from the majority of them being of a pearly white, while a few of them seemed to be forged out of gold, but they all had something in common: the masks portray a symbol depicting a rainbow-like teary eye formed out of a multi-colored mosaic, with lines, presumably representing rays of light, surrounding it in a fashionalmost like eyelashes. The apparent head of this group, a quiet woman with long purple hair and clad in a shining bright blue Maria Clara gown, whose mask uniquely appeared to be formed out of diamond, pointed to a peculiar icosahedron-shaped precious stone sitting at the very middle of the table. In response, the stone shook for a few seconds before emitting blinding light that merely flashed in a few colors before a vision of another world began to materialize, like a television screen. The vision appears to depict an ominous black city with seldom sources of light other than a certain tower, before ‘zooming’ in to a specific area, revealing a group of four blue-skinned humanoids exiting out of a net-like wormhole with two small creatures in tow. These two little creatures, one with purple skin and subtly radiating a certain aura, the other being a white and red lagomorph, appear to be playing a friendly game of tag, levitating around and around lackadaisically as the four humanoids observed; the smallest and presumably youngest of them was giggling in glee at this rather carefree and jovial sight. By contrast, the masked figures watching the events stared in a disconcerting way, the long-haired woman in particular was shaking in enmity over the sight.
“So… An incarnation of our adversaries beat us to a Shiny specimen… To think we’ve searched various other worlds for naught… Which area did these creatures purloin this Shiny Mythical?” muttered the enigmatic woman.
One of the individuals with a mask formed out of gold, one wearing white and yellow robes that a priest and/or monk would don, who sat parallel to the woman, spoke up in response, their mask now glowing in various spots akin to a machine communicating some form of code.
“…This Mythical Pokemon appears to have once been native to a world archived as...

#00012041218, Mistress.”

“Pardon… wasn’t that world identified as a ‘V1’ type area?” questioned the Mistress.
“It appears to be in the process of ‘updating’, our fair Mistress…” responded the ‘priest’ after a brief pause as their mask was flashing a certain pattern once more, “as although this dimension’s ‘Lusamine’ specimen was indeed the type that gets infected by a UB: Symbiont, certain events, apparently influenced by the Mythical creature we neglected, ended up taking effect. Of note, a UB: Moone had once revisited this place, only for a small population of UB: Assembly and UB: Burst creatures to suddenly wander in out of curiosity, causing a degree of entropy at this area’s Johto. Just now, it appears that the human population of this world has finally christened the two UBs as the typical monikers of ‘Stakataka’ and ‘Blacephalon’, respectively.”
“I see… Well then, I request we search other worlds for certain abnormalities, as we shall not speak of this error ever a-“
“Pardon, Mistress! I sense… an anomaly.”
“…Oh…” The Mistress’s mask was also glowing this time, apparently registering what the priest had detected. ”Indeed there is..."
“…Do you detect something, our Mistress?” asked one of the people who donned a white mask.
“Yes… A UB: Nebula specimen, one unlike any other…”
The vision shifted instantaneously after what the mistress has said, indeed depicting the infantile nebula-like entity alluded to. It appears to be resting in a forest clearing, as two humans curiously draw near to it.
“A… A Shiny specimen…?!”
“Yes…”
“We shall not tolerate those pirates affiliating with another, virginal universe. And from the data we're gathering of these two human specimens near the UB: Nebula, these two were responsible for this mistake... Secure a wormhole into #00012041218, my good enlightened ones, this UB heralds a most daunting task…”
“Must we provide this universe a graceful ‘cleansing’, our mistress?” asked the same white-masked person.
“Absolutely not. As pleasing as that may sound, it would cause too much attention, which would be a most endangering malady to us…”
“Then… what’s our first initiative?”
“The objective that I have currently stirred up… is of a seemingly simple, yet traditional method, one that would most definitively yield peculiar results…”
“….and that is….?”
The vision suddenly turned to static, before rapidly changing to various shifting sights of the world, all depicting various humans completely oblivious to whatever is spying them briefly.
“We will recruit a few of what most universes refer to as ‘trainers’ native to this world, and they’ll serve as our proxy; our herald. They’ll most certainly develop into a powerful influence, no matter their origin. After all, many of these ‘Pokemon Trainers’, no matter how insignificant their background or their age, often end up becoming powerful through the creatures they control as they journey the world.
The mistress then raised her right arm.
“…To be specific on what my plan is: The trainers we recruit through this roulette will serve as the UB: Nebula’s protectors and guardians. And in return, we shall bless them with offerings of food and wealth for their service.”
The mistress then snapped her finger, causing the “roulette” to stop. The vision now portrays what appears to be a dilapidated sewer room inhabited by two children: a short-haired child in a hakama, and a little hoodlum with a mask covering their face. The two were passively curled up napping at a mattress close to each other, apparently after a day of playing with the SNES Classic.
"Ah... These two seem... vaguely promising... My dear enlightened ones... We shall visit these two soon enough..."

Last edited:
Suddenly, Megapod and Max fall into a pitfall. I appear at the top. "I have been searching for this Pokemon for a while now. I shall use it's power to open an ultra wormhole and take control of the Ultra Beast, Guzzlord! Then I shall destroy everything!" I shout. I take the Cosmog and leave.

"Not again..." Max muttered. "Hydreigon, let's go!"
Immediately after Max and MegaPod climbed on the Brutal Pokemon's back, it flew upward, out of the pit.
"Dark Pulse!" He commanded. The atrack knocked Greninjaman unconscious.

"Fool! That was a decoy!" I shout. Then i smoke screen the area, took the Cosmog and board my Greninja Stealth Plane and zoom off. "Soon, I shall have the power to destroy all!" I shout. Meanwhile, the Cosmog is shivering with fear.

As my bottom impacts the dirt at the bottom of the pit, I am shocked out of my fantasy of fully evolving the rosy-cheeked dust ball into a vibrant, red Lunala. “Oh no you don’t, Greninjaman!” I shout theatrically, shaking my fist, before boarding Max’s Hydreigon. After the elaborate decoy ruse plays out, I send my Braixen out upon Max’s Hydreigon. Braixen waves her stick, clearing the smoke with Psychic, before sensing the plane with her superb hearing and pointing the way. Max commands Hydreigon to speed ahead of the plane, driving it back before downing it with a powerful Draco Meteor attack. Greninjaman climbs out of the wreckage holding Cosmog, only for my Braixen to conjure up a Grass Knot to trip him and knock him out for real this time. I slide down Hydreigon’s side, scoop up the shiny Cosmog, and gently scoot Greninjaman into his own pit. “Oh, STAKATAAAAKAAAA~!” I call out loudly. Within seconds, my eager UB Assembly can be heard galloping from the beach, toppling several trees before finally stopping in front of us.”Sit, Stakataka!” Retracting its blocky legs, my Ultra Beast parks its hollow body square around the pit. I pet Stakataka and feed it some Poké Beans, and Stakataka lets me climb up onto its flat head by making a sort of staircase with one leg. I gently stroke the shiny Cosmog to comfort it. “You wanna adventure with me, little one?” I whisper.

Suddenly, your Ultra beast is knocked over by my Greninja, using Hydro Cannon. I then leap out of the hole. I summon my own Hydreigon (shiny) to battle Max's.I then knock out Megapod and toss him into the pit. Scooping up the Cosmog, I run for Heahea City and board a boat for the Aether Foundation. There I abduct Lillie. Then I zoom off for Poni Island. I tell my Shadow Ninjas (The shadow triad from the gen 5 games) to guard Lillie, in case some one boards the ship. "Threaten her life if someone approaches" I say.

By the way, my Hydeigon is still fighting Max's.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, in Clivus City in the Unova Region, a woman in absurdly garish glasses was relaxing on her couch, idly flicking through the channels on her television set, searching for something interesting to watch.
"Ok, now 20 jumping jacks- A little bit of the chilli powder- The Mach Punch strikes, and it's a KO!- To you live from the Alola Region's Akala Island, where a trio of trainers are causing havok fighting over some kind of Pokemon." This got the woman's attention. "I've never seen a Pokemon like that. Ty, do you think you could zoom in on that Pokemon they're fighting over?" The video on the screen zoomed in to the point where the woman could make out a small, purple puffball.
"Hmm..." She wondered. "That looks like one of those Ultra Beasts I've been hearing so much about recently. Cosmog was it? But something about it looks off..." She paused the screen and looked over the image for a few minutes, bringing up images of other Cosmog sightings to try and pick out what she could possibly be noticing. "THAT'S IT!" She cried. "The cheeks, they're red! Hmm, could this Cosmog be shiny perhaps?" She got up and began pacing the room, deep in thought. "If I recall correctly, Cosmog and its evolutions are Psychic Type, and powerful ones at that. If we were able to capture that thing and raise it, I'd take top prize at the next World Leaders Tournament easily!" She then caught eye of the Gardevoir sitting in an armchair next to the couch she was until recently on. The Gardevoir was giving her an exceptionally sceptical look. "Yes Nimue I know it's petty, but I've been after a break on some kind of adventure for months now, this is just a good excuse, that's all." The Gardevoir's look became even more sceptical. "Look are you coming or not?" The Gardevoir shrugged and placed a bookmark into the book it had been reading, before getting up and helping her trainer pack for the trip.

As the pair prepared themselves, the woman dialed a number on her XTransceiver.
"Hello? Came a male voice from the other end.
"Hey, Lucas, it's Freya. You busy now?"
"Oh, Freya, hi. Umm, not really."
"Great, did you see that news report about those trainers fighting over a Pokemon on Alola?"
"Uhh, yeah, I-"
"Great, I'm heading off to go see if I can catch it."
"Um, Freya, I'm not sure that's such a good idea."
"Please Lucas, there's more than 8 Gym Leaders in Unova, I can take a break for a while, nobody's going to miss me."
"That's not what I meant. There was another Shiny Pokemon all over the news recently. A Shiny Victini. People were going nuts trying to find it. People got hurt Freya. Hurt bad."
"Oh... I didn't hear about that. But we've handled crazy things like that before Lucas. Look, if things get bad, I promise I'll drop it ok?"
"Ugh. Fine."
"Ok. Meet you at Castelia City. We're catching a boat." Freya said as she hung up.
"Man," Lucas said to his Lucario, "when did I become the sensible one?"

"Greninja, help out MegaPod!" Max shouted, opening the Ninja Pokemon's Poke Ball. "Hydreigon, use Draco Meteor!"
Immediately after Greninjaman's Hydreigon fainted, Greninja jumped out of the pit, holding onto MegaPod.

Val and Salus slept tight after playing Street Fighter 2 and spending some of their time causing mischief in the busy streets of Castelia. Their collective slumber was initially peacefully dreamless, only for a strange force to suddenly invade their consciousness without their awareness, thus leading to an event that shall soon alter their life in ways they'll never predict...

---
".....What.... the fuck....?"
Salus opened their eyes only to find themself in some pitch black area, where their body seemingly just floated around in the void, almost as if they were on underwater or even floating into space.
"Have... have I taken too much whiffs lately...? Oogh..."
Salus looked around at all directions, 'swimming' around at every view they can potentially see, only to find seemingly nothing, until...
".....S...Salus! .....Saaalllluuuus!!"
"....Val...? Uh... S..S-Stay back! Y-you're not some kind of dream demon here, are you? You're not one of those dreams where a close one suddenly, like, jumpscares you into being actually some kind of horrible creature, are you?!"
"I-I'd practically ask the same thing here right now! Wh-what's going on?"
Another voice, one that neither of the two children have any memory of, echoed through the void, startling them.
"Your fear and confusion over this situation is justified, as well as admittedly rather charming.... Don't fret or fear, the reason you both are here... is that I have an urgent request for both of you...."
Just as the feminine voice finished its statement, a bright cyan silhouette materialized right in front of the two kids. Frightened, Val swam right at Salus's back, while the latter shivered similarly in fear. The silhouette, after forming out of bright rays of blue light, took the form of a woman in some gown, calmly standing dissonantly. Curiously, a glowing sigil was visible on where a face would be. It consisted of a rainbow mosaic that forms what appears to be a teary eye. It stood out from the otherwise bright blue silhouette of light.

"Now then, I'll start by introducing myself to you young children... I... am the head of a vagrant clan who wanders the ever-so vicious waves of hyperspace, journeying through various other worlds in search of sins and dangers that threaten various diverse and dear humanities and Pokemon around and beyond, extending to them a generous hand of aid..... We are... the sacred and most enduring... Order of Y.A.Z.A.T.A....."
"Ya......""....zata?" Val and Salus both tilted their heads in curiosity over the moniker.
"Ohohoho.... Just as curious and inquisitive as other young children of your age... aren't you? In a certain other language, that term would translate as... divinity."
"....Uh.... Okay.....? Symbolic, I guess?" muttered Val.
"Hohoho.... Developing a sense of wit and snark... you children certainly come and grow... But let's not be distracted here. I have contacted you... to offer you two a deal..."
The two ragamuffins briefly exchanged suspicious glances at each other before looking back at the silhouette.
"......What the hell do you want from us?" asked Salus.
"As of now... we discovered this specific world you inhabit now has a certain one-of-a-kind creature currently dwelling here..."
The silhouette raised an initially clenched fist, before lowering it a bit down and releasing, causing a strange image to materialize, revealing a small, puffy organism with rosy cheeks.
"....Isn't that what they call..."
"A Cosmog?"
"Indeed it is... but this specimen is unlike any other what you refer to as 'Cosmog'... See those rosy cheeks it has? That serve as a sign of the beautiful deities it may develop into once it comes of age..."
The silhouette then spread both of her arms wide, as if to make a hearty embrace, then crushes the 'Cosmog' image with her two hands in one clap, much to the two kids' surprise. Then, she raised her two arms high up in a V pose, as her glowing palms then seemingly generate two visions: one of a great sun-like felid in stunning red fur, the other being a crescent-shaped chiropteran in dazzling, dark blood-red colors. The two mammalian deities made their distinctive roars before enveloping themselves in stunning pinkish lighting and then zooming out of view, disappearing into the other side of the black void before vanishing into a light twinkle that faded away in an instant. The two children were in pure and complete awe at this; Salus's eyes in particular were gleaming.
"H-holy shit..." muttered Val.
"Indeed, this creature has potential to become a truly magnificent being either way it chooses, but unfortunately... it is in great danger..."
The silhouette of light then raised her right arm, thus causing a TV-like vision to suddenly come into view. The vision was initially just mere static, before images and colors soon took effect, thus revealing the Cosmog itself, now under the hostage of a maddened criminal in ninja-like clothing, shouting out ideals of leading the world to ruin through summoning a 'Guzzlord', before shifting into another scene, where the same criminal cruelly kidnaps an innocent blond girl with a ponytail strolling with a Clefairy, as he summons a group of ex-Plasma bandits to kidnap her as he makes off with the Cosmog.
"Pfft. This guy..." muttered Salus, "Endangering others' lives for something as selfish and boring as world destruction, when he could use it for more productive stuff like, universal business and some shit.. How cliche..."
"Indeed... And events like this have happened even a year prior... You two, you are aware of events caused by what people have labelled a 'Shiny Victini'...?"
"...Oh... You mean to tell us that all of those weird shit circulating the news wasn't all just rumors?!" asked Val.
"Correct..."
The silhouette snapped her right hand's fingers, thus causing the vision to shift once more. A series of events from a previous conflict then played out:
"...Shit man... that''s too much to take in..." moaned Salus as they held their head dazedly.
"That is to be expected... Anyhow... this all ended once they contacted... a certain group."

The vision then shifted into a sight of a group of four pale-skinned people in strange suits, all dwelling in some dilapidated city.
"Don't. Ever. Trust. Those pirates... They've descended from a group of animals who've done various irredeemable deeds, and we swore an oath since then to rid of these criminals at all cost..."
The silhouette, who was mostly stoic, unusually acted rather livid at even just mentioning the group, which unnerved the two kids into shivering.
"W-Well... Are you done, Ms. Exposition? I kinda just wanna get to the point now..."

(OOC: Go back to the previous spoiler for the background music this time)

"O-Oh! My apologies... We just can't get over what we admit to have a rather... grotesque grudge..."
"Ah, that doesn't matter at all. A lot of folks deserve to die, anyway, heheh..."
"Indeed. Alright, missus, so what is it that you want from us now?"
"Ah, a mindset like that will surely prove that you are indeed worthy of this task... Your goal, if it isn't obvious enough, is that you must protect the Shiny Cosmog with every fiber of your being, no matter what boundaries you must shatter. Revolve all your attention in keeping this innocent organism in shape and in need. Be warned, as if the previous conflict should indicate anything, that this task shall most certainly alter your lives in unfathomable ways. But in return, we shall bring you gifts of edible delights and even wealth. That way, your lives shall be granted genuine meaning, much like what they call a 'Pokemon journey' would to a typical 'trainer'. Do you accept our offering?"
Once again, Val and Salus stared at each other, before looking back at the silhouette.
"Hesitating? Well, might as well ask yourselves this: How will you survive in the future in your current situation? Do you think living life as homeless children causing mischief would lead somewhere else? As you know, this world features what you call 'Pokemon journeys' and this task surely would-"
"Okay... A: Serious guilt-trip right there, B: You know, this Cosmog guardian stuff seems ridiculously complicated, but..."
Val, the hooded ragamuffin, raised out their hand, as if offering a handshake
"I'm all in it, I'm tired of being a dumb rat crawling all over the place."
Salus, the suspicious apothecary, also let out their hand.
"Well, since Val is going in, I might as well join in to. Heh, who knows? I might expand my medicine business and even find new ways to utilize poison in such diverse ways~" said Salus gleefully.
The silhouette stood still for a moment, before shaking the two kids hands one-by-one, before speaking up.
"You two... have made a wise choice. You have now made a pact with the Order of Y.A.Z.A.T.A., a designation that will surely bless you two for the rest of your life..."
"...And one last thing, can we call you something?" asked Val
"Ah... Well then, my enlightened ones tend to refer to me by the simple moniker of... Mistress. Are you two satisfied?"
The two kids nodded in response.
"Now then... You shall now... awaken..."
A sudden burst of light covered the entire area, until all that was visible was pure white...

---
"G-Gaah!"
Val and Salus jumped awake, facing each other as they were sitting up on their mattress.
"Yo... I had this really crazy-as-hell dream.."
"Did it involve us being in a black void as some creepy lady was talking to us?"
"Y-YES!"
"Thank you so much for affiliating with us..."
The two kids screamed in surprise as a group of people in formal wear suddenly appeared. They wore white masks that had the exact same symbol that the silhouette from the dream had where a face would be, and they were behind a strange person donning white priest robes and a golden version of said mask. The 'priest' ambidextrously pulled out two clipboards holding what appear to be documents.
"Now... you must sign these contracts first..."
"Err... okay..."
After a while, Val and Salus returned the written contracts to the priest, who then bowed, with the entire group following suit. The group seemingly faded away in a literal flash, as a bright aura then enveloped the two kids. Before the two could question what was going on, they too, vanished away from the sewers...
(OOC:...Okay, I know this is a ridiculous amount of exposition, but trust me, that's probably it for now. My next posts from here on out wouldn't be as huge.)

Last edited:
My Braixen sprints over to me as Max’s Greninja lays me down on the ground. She rummages through my bag, pulls out a Revive, pulls my lower jaw open, and shoves the medicinal rhombus down my esophagus using her branch. I sputter awake. “Wha...what happened?” Braixen tosses Stakataka a few Sitrus berries to help get it back on its feet, and gives some to Max’s Hydreigon as well.
“Greninjaman got away,” Max informs me. “We may need to get an aerial view.”
As I’m about to join Max on Hydreigon again, my phone emits a pinging noise. “Hold up,” I say, checking it. “Just got an Old Amber Alert.” I read the notification. “...you won’t believe it. Apparently, a young girl was abducted from Aether Paradise by a maniac with a Greninja, who then sped off towards Poni Island on a boat.”
“Then let’s go stop him immediately.”

Not long after soaring high over the waters of Alola, Max spots Greninjaman’s boat. “There he is. You said you had a plan?”
“Yup. Go, Dhelmise!” I send my trusty Sea Creeper out of his Pokéball and hang onto its anchor. “Lower me down.” Releasing his chain, Dhelmise drops me down with his anchor until I’m just above the surface of the water. While the rest of Dhelmise follows suit, I send out my Abra and have it use Trick Room, causing a shimmering checkerboard of psychic energy to ripple outward through the seawater before fading. Once that’s done, Dhelmise takes me tearing through the water like a speedboat, easily making it to Greninjaman’s vessel where Lillie and the shiny Cosmog are being held. Two members of the Shadow Triad send out a Banette and Accelgor to stop me, but thanks to Trick Room’s effect, the former Pokémon is quickly taken out by my Dhelmise’s Shadow Claw, while my Vikavolt swoops in and downs Accelgor with Acrobatics before it can move a muscle. The third Shadow has his Bisharp threaten to harm Lillie, but to his surprise, my Abra has already teleported her out of reach. I leave my Vikavolt to spar with Bisharp, taking Dhelmise to the bridge with me to confront Greninjaman himself. “Hand over the shiny Cosmog, old friend,” I demand. When he refuses and sends out his Greninja instead, Dhelmise surprises them both to be the one with overwhelming speed, knocking the frog back with Power Whip. Then, Abra teleports into the bridge and snatches Cosmog right out of Greninjaman’s grasp before vanishing again. “Dhelmise, we crashed his party, so now let’s crash his ship!” I cackle mischievously. Dhelmise shoves past my rival, breaks off the steering mechanism, and affixes his own wheel before giving it a hearty spin, causing the boat to careen towards some conveniently placed jagged rocks. “See you around!” I chortle, waving goodbye as I flee the scene. I return Dhelmise and Abra, then fly up to Max’s Hydreigon on Vikavolt with the shiny Cosmog snug in my arms. A reasonably traumatized Lillie has already been rescued from the ship and is now clinging onto Hydreigon as well. “Um, to Aether Paradise!” I exclaim.

Lucas was waiting by the docks at Castelia City, continuously eyeing his watch. "Dammit. She says to meet her here and then she doesn't even have the decency to get here on time."
"I'll have you know that you're just early!" A voice called from above. Lucas looked upwards and saw Freya descending on a Sigilyph. She returned it to its Pokeball and presented a pair of tickets to the man waiting at the gangplank, who moved aside to allow them onto the boat. The boat departed Castelia City shortly after and began the short trip towards Alola.
"So, exactly which part of Alola are we headed for?" Lucas asked as he leaned on the railing of the deck.
"Akala Island, exactly where the report took place."

***​

As the boat drew closer to its destination, the artificial structure that was Aether Paradise became visible in the distance. Lucas felt a tug on his jacket and turned to see his Lucario, the yellow Pokemon pointing to a shape in the sky. "Huh? What's that?" He wondered as he squinted into the distance. "It looks like a... Hydreigon?"
"Wasn't a Hydreigon one of the Pokemon on the news report?" Freya asked.
"Hey, yeah! That's probably them!" Lucas produced a Pokeball and released the Pokemon inside. "Ok Freedom! Let's go." The Braviary within cawed and came to roost on the railing.
"Oh, he's new." Freya said as she let her Sigilyph back out and climbed aboard.
"Yeah, met him a while ago." Lucas said as he returned his Lucario and climbed onto his own Pokemon.

The two closed in on Aether Paradise as Max and MegaPod were setting down. Lucas caught sight of an incredibly shell-shocked Lillie, parlysed with fear from her recent ordeal. "Looks like they've been terrorising that poor girl. They've got the Cosmog too, probably gonna do the same to it." He pulled a Pokeball from his pocket and threw it towards them. "Extreme Speed! Get them away!" Before either Max or MegaPod could respond, Lucas' Lucario had zipped in and taken both Lillie and Cosmog from them and placed them some distance away. Lucas then flew in on Freedom and threw a second Pokeball. "Mantle!" He cried, as a Gigalith materialised on the ground.
"Nimue! Atem!" Freya called as she too released a Gardevoir and Cofagrigus respectively, who took positions next to Mantle, standing guard before Lillie and Cosmog.
"You stay away from them!" Lucas shouted as he stepped off of Freedom.

Last edited:
"What is with you guys?" Max responded, pulling our a Poke Ball and a disk. "Silvally!"
The moment the Synthetic Pokemon emerged, its drives opened. The disk Max tossed towards Silvally flew towards the opening, closing immediately as it went in. The next moment, its tailfin and the spikes on the back of its head turned light blue.
"Use Multi-Attack on Braviary!" he commanded.
Before Lucas knew it, the Braviary had fainted. Distracted, he couldn't react before a Flash Cannon from Hydreigon hit the ground, causing dust to fly up. Before they knew it, the Dark/Dragon-Type flew forward, taking Lillie and Cosmog with it back to MegaPod and Max.
"Sorry for the ordeal..." he said to Lillie, before turning to Lucas and Freya.
"Are you with the maniac who kidnapped these two? If so, I'm not gonna hold back anymore."

Suddenly I appear. Using a device I take control of Max’s Hydreigon and order it to go nuts, doing damage. In the confusion, I kidnap Lillie and Cosmog. I then steal a boat for poni island.

"Freedom!" Lucas cried as Braviary struck the ground.
"Are you with the maniac who kidnapped these two? If so, I'm not gonna hold back anymore."
"The hell are you talking about!? You're obviously the ones in the wrong here! Mantle! Stone Edge!" The Gigalith raised one of its legs and brought it down hard on the ground, causing bright blue pillars of rock to jut out of the ground towards Max and MegaPod, causing them and their Pokemon to scatter to evade. "Rio! Blaze Kick!" The yellow wolf-like Pokemon shot forward with its paw ablaze and struck Max's Silvally in the side of the head as it tried to get its bearings after dodging the Stone Edge.
"Lucas, I don't think that-" Freya started before being cut off by Max's Hydreigon roaring and beginning to rampage in all directions. "Rrgh, everyone, stop that Hydreigon!" Her and Lucas' Pokemon nodded in response, and acting as a cohesive unit, began a takedown on the rampaging dragon. Irene the Sigilyph began by spreading her wings and causing an energising wind to blow through the area. Nimue the Gardevior held back, mentally preparing herself for her attack. Atem the Cofagrigus followed by firing Will-O-Wisps at Hydreigon, intending to weaken it with a Burn and minimise the damage it could cause. Mantle then reared back and slammed its legs down, releasing two more rows of Stone Edges, harming Hydreigon and severely limiting its movement options. Nimue then gracefully leapt from rock pillar to rock pillar as she gathered energy in her hands, before flipping in midair and firing a Moonblast point blank into Hydreigon's back, knocking it out. Lucas then started walking towards Max.
"Let me guess? That ninja guy was with you?" He asked.
"Lucas, it's obvious they're not aligned with each other." Freya said, holding him back. She then turned her attention to Max and MegaPod "Though we would like to hear an explanation."

Last edited:
A bright spark of light briefly emanated as two young trainers had suddenly appeared on the modest, quiet Seafolk Village. Fortunately, they appeared behind the Pokemon Center, so they didn't yield any suspicious attention. Both Val and Salus were dazed after being transported through unknowable means, to the point Val briefly took off their mask for a moment to puke onto the waters. After their consciousnesses began to reestablish, the voice of the priest suddenly echoed into their heads.
"We apologize for the sudden use of telepathic transport without consent, but it seems the current perpetrator, the Greninja-like one who has declared apocalyptic intentions, has decided to visit Poni Island of the Alola archipelago."
"Ah, alright... Say.... where are we, anyway?" questioned Salus.
"Yeah... you sorta just placed us in the middle of nowhere..."
"Ah, right... Please wait..."
Seconds later, the duo felt strange once more, as if a sudden burst of brilliance hit their heads. They now seemed to know where they are now: Seafolk Village, a modest little settlement on the otherwise brutal isle of Poni, where the few human inhabitants who indefinitely live there have carefree, quiet lives.
"Ooh... It's like if something... just downloaded into our heads..." noted Val.
"Indeed. From this point onward, I shall be your guide. I'll always communicate with you in times of need, offering both wisdom and intelligence should the situation rise. Right now, I've granted you all you need to know of your surroundings, just to ensure you'll accomplish your first task easier. I suggest you'd rather not be accustomed to this treatment, however, as later on we'll be slowly become more vague with our words and information, but we'll still offer our more divine services, such as our transportation, in dire times. But let's not be distracted; Look, your opponent has finally arrived."
Sure enough, the madman had arrived through a purloined boat. The criminal had little time to react as a cloud of spores then struck him in the face, knocking him unconscious. Before the Cosmog and Lillie had time to react, the two guttersnipes yanked them out of sight as the authorities arrive at the scene. The two kids pulled the other child as well as the Cosmog into the Poni Wilds. Lillie was still flabbergasted by the ridiculous events she was literally dragged around with.
"It's a good thing I always carry around these Tochukaso spores around with me; they make good sedation drugs." remarked Salus, "Anyhow..."
The two kids turned back, facing Lillie and the Cosmog. The latter pair was understandably panic-stricken.
"Alright... You take care of the girl, I'll try to calm down our new friend here." Before the Cosmog knew it, Salus quickly snatched it into their arms, then the little kid then proceeded to embrace it a bit as the Cosmog still flailed around, all the while Val approached the confused girl.
"I-I... Wha.... What's going on?! W-Who are you two?! What-why did that horrible man kidnap m-me?! I-I was j-just having a brief revisit in Aether after going on my own P-P-Pokemon j-journey at Kanto! W-What's going on?!?" stammered the blond girl. She was so dumbstruck that she seemingly was unaware of the other Cosmog beside her, or how a Drifloon was suddenly poking out of the hooded ragamuffin's head. Lillie was then startled again as Val placed a hand on her shoulder.
"...Never fear. Your worries will be cleansed here~" Val said reassuringly.
"'Cleansed'?! T-That's a bit too creepily vague! What do you mean by c-..... What do you.... ....m-mean.... by.... c....clean.....sing......?"
Lillie's voiced trailed off after the Drifloon performed something odd. The apparition swung its stringy limbs around in a lemniscate pattern as its heart-shaped hands were glowing in a peculiar way, forming afterimages. Lillie's eyes followed the two hands rotating around and around. Initially, she was still fearful, but, having stared at the eye-catching patterns, she slowly became thoughtlessly expressionless, intently staring at the glowing arms. Afterwards, she finally transitioned into having a rather somnolent-looking, contented expression. She was now under an unnaturally tranquil demeanor as her once green pupils were now glowing in the same vibrant yellow of the Drifloon's heart-like hands, signifying that the girl had been fully enchanted.
"Alright. Feeling much better?"
"Yeah... Much better..." Lillie responded in a listless, sleepy manner.
"Okay, completely forget the whole kidnapping fiasco. It's just a really crazy dream."
"F... Forget... the kidnapping... It's just a dream..."
"You visited here for sightseeing and to have fun."
"I... visited Poni Island... for sightseeing and to enjoy myself..."
"And here, take this camera. You'll certainly enjoy taking photos with it like the tourist you are." Val handed over a rather outdated looking and slightly broken-looking camera to Lillie, who swayed around sleepily as she walked over just to grab it.
"I'll just enjoy myself... like a tourist... taking photos..."
"Good girl. Now... ping!" Val tapped the entranced girl by the temple. Lillie now shook her head in confusion. Her eyes, although back to their original coloring, were still glowing, albeit rather slightly, to the point it is hardly noticeable at at a distance. Lillie stared at the camera now in her hands.
"Ah... What am I doing here?! Sorry for disrupting you two! Poni Island, here I come!" Lillie shouted excitedly as she skipped away into Poni Wilds with the camera now practically covering her face as she uncharacteristically searched for adventure enthusiastically.
"...Whew. Thanks for the save, Vayu. Here, have a Pokeblock." Val tossed the aforementioned confection into the air, in which the spirit gleefully caught it its tiny mouth. It make a slight squeak in glee as it enjoys its treat. "Alright then. Sal, is the Cosmog good now."
Salus was stroking the infantile creature calmly while they stared back at Val. The Cosmog was now content, yet still somewhat unnerved.
"Well, at the very least, it's ear-splitting shrieks finally stopped, I can tell this is gonna be a hard task.." Salus tilted their head as they pondered a bit, "Say, you just fed your Drifloon a Pokeblock a few seconds ago, right? Got any spares?"
"Oh. Sure thing!" Val took out their Pokeblock Case and dispensed some more Pink Pokeblocks, then handed them over to their pal.
"Perfect... Hey, you. What should I call you... You know what, I'll just call you Rosy for now. Hey Rosy, you want a little treat on the house?"
The Cosmog stared at the candies curiously, before proceeding to instinctively munch them, putting its small maw to use for the first time. The extraterrestrial's eyes were beaming after its first meal, and began mewling happily, satisfied.
"P-Pew!! Pe-e-e-e-ew!!" The Cosmog was swinging its puffy limbs joyously as it let out its voice happily.
"Yeah. Scrumptious ain't it? And we have more of that stuff coming, if you would stay with us. We'll always be there for you, and we'll make sure you'll always be at the safest hands possible. Stick with us and you'll never be hungry again. How's that for a deal, Rosy?"
The Cosmog stared for a bit, apparently processing what Salus has claimed, before swinging arms again and again while squeaking "Pew! Pew!" over and over.
"Kyukuku~ Alrighty..."
Val then let their backpack drop to the ground briefly, then unzipped it. There was thankfully at least enough breathing room for the Cosmog to rest in the pocket that Val unzipped
"Okay, first thing's first, you might want to hide in here for a while. You're kind of prone to getting kidnapped out in the open."
'Rosy', apparently understanding what Val is saying, dived in to Val's bag. It appears to be content in its current surroundings, as it suddenly fell to a calm slumber the moment it curled in. Moments after Val wore their backpack again, the voice of the priest echoed in once more.
"Well done, young children. The Cosmog should be grateful now that you two have pacified it. However, since Poni Island has a relatively sparse population, keeping a low profile here would be a most difficult task. We shall warp you back to where you came from now."
Val and Salus exchanged glances for a moment, before they were covered in light once more, causing them to vanish.

---

Before they knew it, they were back at the sewer room. Predictably, an affiliate of the Order was alongside them as they arrived. This time, only the priest was here, however.
"Splendid work there. Here's your reward..."
The priest let out their right hand, causing two platters, both of which held large, gourmet-looking burgers, to materialize. The two children gasped in glee as they caught the two platters and immediately devoured the meals, having finally gained something filling for a long time.
"Thtthanffs!" "Thanfffyou!!" shouted both children, their mouth now muffled with food.
The priest bowed.
"That's the deal. You continue on protecting the little creature, and thus we'll continue to bless you with such offerings. And in case you were confused by your return to your... 'home', Castelia's known for having a bustling population, so it's our best bet on keeping a low profile with the Cosmog in tow. I'm sure you two will adapt well, having lived in this city for long. And also, here's our other blessing: the wealth, as we promised..."
Just as the two finished their meals, they found a pack of Pokedollars, having suddenly appeared sitting at their plate. They eagerly stuffed the bills into their pockets at first sight.
"Fucking sweet~" gloated Salus.
"You two are clearly satisfied, which is reassuring to us noble people of the Order. You have our gratitude, protectors of the UB: Nebula..."
The priest vanished away afterwards. Salus and Val looked at each other for a bit, then looked back at the latter's backpack. 'Rosy' was safe and sound at the little backpack. The two kids then hi-fived each other, grinning ear-to-ear.
"Heheh~ Worth it, eh Salus?" asked Val.
"Sure is~"

(OOC: After a brief check on my last CtSV post, I realized I accidentally switched Val and Salus's colors. I'll just keep it this way, though.)

Last edited:
"I promise I will explain everything," Max said to Lucas and Freya. "But first..."
As he turned to Silvally and the fainted Hydreigon, Max pulled a Potion and a Max Revive from his backpack.
Immediately after he fed the Max Revive to his Dragon-Type, its eyes sprung open, before it looked around in confusion.
"You okay, buddy?" Max asked, worried. Hydreigon nodded.
Smiling, Max walked over to Silvally, using the Potion to heal its damage from Lucario's Blaze Kick.
"MegaPod, shall we go after that guy?" Max asked, before looking at Lucas and Freya. "Don't worry. I'll explain on the way."
---
During the boat ride to Poni Island, Max started his explanation with how he and MegaPod were led to the Shiny Cosmog, followed by everything that happened before they ran into Lucas and Freya.
---
"What the..." Max exclaimed in surprise, when he and the others arrived at Poni Wilds.
To their surprise, Greninjaman was unconscious, the Shiny Cosmog gone.

Suddenly, the Shadow Triad appear and whisked me away. I awakened upon a mountain, where I discovered that they had captured Lillie and two others, as well as the Cosmog. "Well, I think I'll take that," I say, taking the Cosmog. I then head off to the Alter of the Sun, taking Lillie with me. I also order the triad to remove Val and Salus, by taking them to Sky Tower in Hoenn. Upon discovering that Cosmog could not open the wormhole, I slapped Lillie in frustration, causing her to remember the events that had happened since I kidnapped her (her memories were suppressed by Val and Salus in Chida's post). Then I remembered that the Champion has a Solgaleo.

At MElemele, Zero is having Lunch when i barged in. I demand the Solgaleo in exchange for Lillie's life. Zero goes to the Pokemon Center and gives me the ball. "Yes! Now I will have that power!" I shout. I knock out Zero and then took Lillie to my plane and flew off.

Meanwhile, Zero awakens to Incinaroar poking him. He gets up and looks at his team: Incinaroar, Lurantis, Braviary, Magnezone, Kommo'o, and Stamie. "We're going to rescue her," Zero said. The group set off for Poni Island.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero is not just a character I made up. I named the protagonist Zero in Ultra Sun.

Last edited:
Max, the two new people, and I all look around Seafolk Village confused, our curiosity only growing when Greninjaman’s unconscious body seems to vanish from his spot as well. “Now what?” I ask.
“We may need to split up and search the island to have the best chance of finding that girl and the shiny Cosmog,” Max suggests. “How about in groups of two?”

While we decided on our course of action on Poni Island, one man on Melemele Island was only just about to learn of the shiny Cosmog’s existence himself. Located somewhere on the West shore of the island was a run-down, abandoned-looking facility, a shady building that the man calls his workplace. The stocky, middle-aged man, his boxy face adorned with a grizzled brown mustache and beard stubble, marches down a dimly lit hall of the building while whistling an upbeat tune. He passes several filthy cages, some of them with a Litten or Rowlet weakly trying to claw or gnaw its way out, before unlocking a door and entering a room in the back. Several baby Popplio are inside the room, curiously scooting around on the concrete floor amongst their broken Egg shells, as the man shuts the door behind himself. He pulls out a weathered-looking Pokédex from his jeans pocket and gives each Popplio a scan. “All boys again, ‘uh?” the man grunts. “Hey, no problem. Some’un will want ya little rejects, heheheh.” The man resumes whistling as he picks up each Popplio by their tails and carelessly flings them all into a wooden crate. He shuts the lid on the helpless group of newborn Sea Lion Pokémon, possibly pinching a flipper or two, then proceeds to carry the crate outside of the building through a back exit. He loads the crate onto a moored boat, named The Wonder, and almost fires up the engine when something catches his eye: a mysterious plane parked near his building. He decides to lay low and observe as a different man drags both a young girl and an unusual Pokémon onto the aircraft with him. The middle-aged Pokémon breeder makes a grab for his binoculars and gets a clearer glimpse of the shiny Cosmog before Greninjaman takes off in the direction of Poni Island with it and Lillie as his captives. “Well, wouldja look at that?” the man chuckles to himself. “I just know some big clients of mine would be interested in buying that thing.” The man starts up his boat and pursues the plane across the seas of Alola as fast as the vessel can manage. Upon reaching Poni Island, the man docks his boat in Seafolk Village and steps off. The man nonchalantly walks into the Poni Wilds, and once certain he’s free of any onlookers, sends out a Salamence. “Follow that plane,” he barks, “but stay a safe distance away from it.”

Last edited:
A little earlier, aboard the boat:
"Destroy the world?" Freya asked once Max had finished his explanation. "Could this 'Guzzlord' really do something like that? Yes, I've heard Ultra Beasts are powerful, but they're still just Pokemon."
"You do remember how powerful certain Pokemon can get right?" Lucas asked.
"True... Well, it looks like there's nothing else for it." Freya said as she stood up a little straighter. "As a Gym Leader it's my duty to help defend my region. If this 'Guzzlord' is capable of what you say, then I'd say this qualifies."
"Savin' the world huh?" Lucas said with a shrug. "Guess we'd better get moving then."

The present, just after Greninjaman's mysterious vanishing act:
“We may need to split up and search the island to have the best chance of finding that girl and the shiny Cosmog,” Max suggests. “How about in groups of two?”
"Well," Lucas said, "In that case, I'm gonna go and keep an eye on you." He said poking his finger into Max's chest, his Lucario also giving Max a suspicious look. MegaPod shot Freya a confused look, as though he was about to ask something.
"He gets like that sometimes." She said with a shrug. "The best thing to do is just let him go."
"Hey!"
"You coming?" She called back to MegaPod as she started to walk off. He followed her.

Max and Lucas walk for a while, searching various places where Greninjaman may have been hiding, the latter continuing to shoot suspicious glances at the former every now and then. Lucas then hears the sound of a plane flying overhead. He sized up the plane for a few seconds before turning to Rio. The Lucario nodded his head, apparently having detected the relevant auras on board. Lucas released a Golurk from one of his Pokeballs and climbed aboard. "Ok Prague, think you can fly up to that plane?" The Golem nodded and retracted its legs, engaging the rocket boosters in its waist and flew off. As it approached the plane, Prague made sure to stay out of sight before it went up to the side and tore a hole through the fuselage. Greninjaman heard the commotion and sent the Shadow Triad back to investigate, while he remained in the pilot's seat with Lillie and the Cosmog. The Triad entered the rear of the plane, only to find no-one there, only the gaping hole. The Triad were then suddenly ensnared in what appeared to be a spider's web. The ninja were shocked at being out-ninjaed, before being shocked in the literal sense into unconsciousness. That Galvantula responsible for the web poked its head out of the hole to let Lucas and Prague know that the coast was clear. "Nice job Raymond." Lucas said as Prague placed him inside the plane before backing off, ready to assist in any daring escapes. Lucas noticed the identities of Raymond's victims, but decided that figuring out why those three were involved could wait. He then busted through the door to the cockpit alongside Raymond. Raymond quickly spotted Lillie and Cosmog, and pulled them over to relative safety with a non-electrified web. "I think it's time you gave up, don't you?" Lucas said as Raymond crackled with aggressive electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom