• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just responsing to things as I come to them, so I might repeat some things that people said later.

Obligatory D1 Miller claim.
Standard play, seems legit.

I'm an Independent Survivor and need to make it to Endgame to win.

Why have I claimed? Because there's no way in hell I'm going to make it to Endgame alive. If I'm too quiet, I get suspected to be a PR and maybe get nightkilled, if I'm too loud, same thing. If I'm on the middle ground or I am a little quiet, I might be thought of as Mafia and thus get some votes that may get me lynched. Both teams benefit from my claim in that the Mafia will not waste an NK/RBlock/RCop/etc. on them and neither will Town waste a lynch or PR on me. That said, I know that Indepentent = Serial Killer/Cult but I'm neither of those, and if the fear of me being either of them is fear enough to get me lynched, then so be it, because I seriously doubt I would have been able to win either way like I already explained. It's your call if it nets you a safe lynch this Day Phase.
I'm inclined to believe this simply because of how unprovoked it was. There isn't really reason to doubt it until things in the rest of the game stop lining up with what you've claimed.

Claiming miller right off the bat is always a towny move but in a role madness, bastard game like this - are you just a miller or are you withholding some other type of ability? I mean, it's okay if you are - I'm not asking you to claim the other ability - but if you're contending you're just a miller that seems really unlikely. Impossible even.
Eh, not really. To my understanding role madness just means that most players have roles, and bastard could refer to any number of things. Heck we've probably seen the major Bastard mechanic already with the Braixen role. There's no reason to think that Pika must have an extra power. I've seen role madness games with single things like this.

If HD turns out to be a cultist, we'll be able to have a close look at those that defended him. Cultists are useful to scum, as they eliminate town but can't hurt mafia.
Um, no? That would only be useful if the Mafia had a way of knowing that HD was a Cultist, which they wouldn't on D1. So a HD lynch would turn up absolutely nothing on that front.

HD has gone on enough about this in details on how you shouldn't have said that, which I agree was a bad move. Also, where do you get that this game is bastard and role madness? My role is really generic and standard for a mafia game.
Umm... Try the OP?

Miller claims are hard to trust.
And "but they run the risk of getting counterclaimed by claiming day 1 if they were mafia" doesn't really appeal much to me. Everything is a gamble in mafia.
Yes, everything is a gamble, but it's about calculating the risks and deciding whether your gamble is worth it. A scum player claiming Miller as the very first post is not a gamble that's worth it, as the odds of being CC'd are just way to high for any right thinking scum player to take that chance.

Also, because MegaPod went berserk upon your death in Capture the Shiny Victini, your death in this game will cause the MegaPod role to change from a Town player to a Serial Killer.
This definitely makes it much less likely for HD to be an SK.

If Kyriaki is Mafia, then that should make Pika Pika, Feenie, Caps, and DarthWolf Town and I got a result that said Kyriaki visited Elementar and Elementar is dead.
Where exactly is this logic coming from?

I can choose one player as my mason partner once during the entire game. If the person I choose is town, then we become partners. If they are not aligned with town, then I die. Incidentally, I was going to post about my role before the phase update (in case Elementar turned out not to be town and I died), but I missed the opportunity. I got a message back from the host that my action failed. It seems I can use my masoning ability again.
It looks like a pretty standard Masoniser role. It's not unbelievable, but you were acting somewhat sketchy before what with the word twisting. So I don't totally believe you yet.

Yes, my reads are based off of interactions.
Can you provide the specific interactions that make you think this way?

Maybe DarthWolf could try alternating the capital letters for communication using the votes? If it isn't against the rules?

Example:
vote: kyrIaki
unvoTe: kyriaki
ote: kyRiaki
unvote: kYriaki
voTe: kyriaki
unvote: kyriAki
vote: kyriakI
unvote: Kyriaki

ITRYTAIK -> I try talk

The choice of vocabulary would be limited but if there's something important to convey - key words or anything - perhaps this could help?
Can I just say that I'm honestly amazed that the hosts allowed this? To me this would be considered loophole abuse. To be perfectly honest I get the feeling that Darth was just faking this, because like I said, that looks like some loophole abuse right there.

I'm here now, will read the thread to catch up, for now I will do this
Vote: Jinjo
Accidental edit, sorry
Seriously, why this?

Everything will return to the state it was in before the start of Day 2.

Elementar is alive again!
@Max1996 and @MegaPod does this mean that the MegaPod role is now Town once again?

Omg I'm unsilenced cause of the reset.. . I'm free!
inb4 resilenced So, Darth, can you explain just what happened there, and why you were allowed to post normally earlier?

If there is no more Serial Killer, I wonder if the now Town again player should out that they were a Serial Killer? Wouldn't it be anti-Town and playing against your win condition to not share that your win condition may change to end up going against the Town? Just a thought on an interesting and unique case...
This is actually an interesting question. You could say that it's playing against the Town wincon, given that telling people would help out the Town, your original wincon. But then again, they do have a second wincon that they might slip back into at any time, so keeping your identity quiet would be beneficial to that wincon. I'm honestly not sure which one I'd do in this situation.

I must claim here that I was the one who used the Phase Resetter. I received it on N1 and chose to use it now.

So, it's back to N1 but we need to be careful as the Mafia has information about 2 players plus whatever information they might have received through their roles.

The plan of Kyriaki masonizing someone and Jinjo tracking them sounds good.

I must claim here that I was the one who used the Phase Resetter. I received it on N1 and chose to use it now.

So, it's back to N1 but we need to be careful as the Mafia has information about 2 players plus whatever information they might have received through their roles.

When you say you "received" it, you mean you got it from an outside source?

I only realise now that I missed bastard games. G'Day everyone.

Now the doctor is out, it's hard. Do we protect doctor, Jinjo tracking Kyriaki, or someone else? I don't think mafia will want an SK on their hands, and since they know my role, I'm pretty safe.

I'm sorry for not being around for EoD but honestly, you wouldn't have wanted my incoherent ass around for EoD, so it's fine.

If there is no more Serial Killer, I wonder if the now Town again player should out that they were a Serial Killer? Wouldn't it be anti-Town and playing against your win condition to not share that your win condition may change to end up going against the Town? Just a thought on an interesting and unique case...

I think this is a good idea. Assuming that whatever happened to the MegaPod role won't happen again, we can eliminate a possible candidate to be scum and essentially confirm a townie.

Might be the work of a Dreaming God, or we have an item person in the game. Either way that was a SUPERB play on your part.

That was an incredibly powerful item... I wouldn't be surprised if a given item could kill the chosen player to try to balance it.

Reset to D1? Never seen that before, and probably bc it's such a power move. Fantastic job Pika.

Not sure what I can say here that hasn't already been said. I think it's worth mentioning that Elementar is a worthy candidate for protection, to ensure that the SK doesn't return.

Reset to D1? Never seen that before, and probably bc it's such a power move. Fantastic job Pika.

Not sure what I can say here that hasn't already been said. I think it's worth mentioning that Elementar is a worthy candidate for protection, to ensure that the SK doesn't return.
I disagree. I don't think that mafia will want an SK running around this early. Wouldn't it be more likely they would save that kill for later if the Megapod role is still alive at that point? Especially since Elementar doesn't have a night action.

I also disagree. They won't want an SK, and my role is basically vanilla until I die.

Day 2 Redux - The Plumber’s Plotting
Day 2 Redux - The Plumber’s Plotting

I stand up and get a better look at the thug in front of me. “...Wolfrick?”
“Hey MegaPod,” the bearded ruffian replies. “I wanted that there Victini you got.”
“Can’t this wait until tomorrow?” I say to Wolfrick in a slightly annoyed tone. “I just want to go to sleep.”
“Well, I ain’t that tired,” Wolfrick responds. “Feels like it got dark too quickly for me...besides, I just chased off this other dude in a hood who was tryin’ ta get here first!”
Just then, Blake Pearlworth steps onto Dhelmise’s Swinging Anchor, finding me and Wolfrick there. “MegaPod, I’ve been looking for you,“ Blake explains. “I saw something going on over here. Who’s this?”
“This is Wolfrick, an ex-gang leader,” I tell Blake.
“Huh, not the type of guy I’d expect you to associate with,” Blake remarks.
“Anyways, he says someone wearing a hood was just here trying to get the shiny Victini from me.”
“That...sounds suspicious,” Blake notes. He turns to Wolfrick. “Which way did they go?”
“Uhh, I think that way...” Wolfrick says, pointing. “Oh, I bet that creep scuttled on back to the Doublade Mirror Maze thingy they got here! That’s where I first saw him.”
“Okay, thanks,” Blake says. “I’ll go check it out.”

In Doublade’s Mirror Maze, the cloaked person converses with another. “I swear the guy was off sleeping in another part of the amusement park. He came out of nowhere...”
“So you just ran away?” growled the second, more plump, person. “I swear you need me to do everything, cousin...” Meanwhile, off in a nearby corner, a smaller hooded figure quietly delights a Mimikyu dwelling in the house of mirrors by beheading several plush Pikachu with a loose shard of glass.
The three people turn their heads at the sound of another person moving about the maze of mirrors. “What was that?” whispers the first cloaked person.
“Let’s split up,” whispers the stout figure.
As Blake Pearlworth slowly navigates Doublade’s Mirror Maze, accompanied by his Torracat, Deoxys, and Steenee, he sees the reflection of a Pokémon shift around the mirrored walls around him. Blake and his team of Pokémon all stand in a circle with their backs to each other, trying to spot from what direction the mysterious foe is coming from. Torracat is suddenly dragged off by a long, spindly leg, followed soon after by Steenee. “Torracat? Steenee?? Where did you go??” Blake turns and watches as a fearsome Araquanid Lunges upon his Deoxys, knocking it out, before crawling right up to Blake himself and pinning him down. A pair of men, the first two hooded figures, walk to the immobilized Blake Pearlworth and stare down at him intimidatingly. “You...”
“Yeah, me,” chuckles the plumber. “The shiny Victini and most of the other people after it all conveniently sealed in one spot. You’d better believe that my cousin, niece and I are gonna take full advantage of this opportunity.”
“...your niece?” Blake asks, before seeing a smiling girl walk towards him, holding a long fragment of glass.

Kyriaki was killed!
Dear Kyriaki, you are Blake Pearlworth, Kharixi's character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Blake Pearlworth is described as a "fairly average" Pokémon trainer, but he's proven to have great determination in keeping the shiny Victini out of the wrong hands. At one point in the story, Blake formed an alliance with the character MegaPod, and the two have infrequently collaborated in their Victini-snatching efforts since then.

Because you're fairly average but dedicated to protecting the shiny Victini and forming alliances, you are the Town Weak Rolestopper + 1×Masonizer. Each Night, you may select a player to protect. You will stop all other actions from reaching your target that Night. Alternatively, one Night phase during the game, you may select a player to masonize. If you and your target are sided with the Town, you will become Masons with each other and gain a shared private chat. However, should you happen to target an anti-Town player with any action, you will die that Night as a result. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

The three figures disguised in hoods step out of Doublade’s Mirror Maze. “Let’s get out of here,” grunts the plumber. The three of them walk their separate ways, preparing for another big day of shiny Victini snatching...and shiny Victini hunter eliminating.

———

It is now Day 2 (again)! Votes lock in 48 hours.

RIP Kyriaki. Not surprised that was the kill since he revealed his role. Losing a Rolestopper is annoying though.
Alrighty then, lets get this lynch wagon on the road!
@Jinjo you were tracking Kyr right? Who'd he visit?
How will that help us? Kyriaki is dead...

I may be Independent, but that doesn't mean I'm not convenient!

Players:
1. Lone_Garurumon - Town Doctor
2. Cilantro - ???
3. Feenie - ???
4. DarthWolf - ???
5. jdthebud - ???
6. Jinjo - Tracker, claim proven
7. Elementar - Town Restless Spirit
8. Pika_pika42 - Miller, used item to go back two phases in the past
9. HumanDawn - Independent Survivor
10. Thanos - ???
11. Doctor Floptopus - ???
14. TheCapsFan - ???

1 of ??? is an item giver, gave one to Pika_pika42.

How will that help us? Kyriaki is dead...
There's also the chance that he exploded because he was targeting an anti-town player. Jinjo was supposed to be tracking him last night, so when we know who he targeted, we can try to figure out if he really was the NK, or if he self-destructed on an anti-town player.
If he targeted a player like me or Elementar, then we know that he was killed by the NK, and that trying to dig any deeper into who he targeted would be useless.
If he targeted a player whose alignment we don't really know, like Thanos, then we have 2 possibilities
  1. He was still killed by the NK
  2. He self-destructed as a result of targeting an anti-town player.
So, if he targeted an unknown player, then the player he targeted is a good subject for questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom