• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Capture the Shiny Victini Mafia! - Endgame (7/19/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tracker and a watcher in this game seems weird to me, but I'm not sure if that's just me or if it's completely normal. Just to note, tracker isn't an inherently town ability. It can be either scum or town, so it doesn't really clear a person when they claim it. Now the results they gain can definitely absolve them of suspicion. My point of bringing this up is I don't want Jinjo to be hoodwinking us with this claim into trusting her and leading us astray. I'm not sure if that'd be too brazen, but it'd be a good plan.

The two people who I'm most suspicious of at the moment are Flop and Jinjo.

Wow, so many votes for Cilantro, don't see that very much...if he's scum, who's bussing?
You didn't sound positive that Cilantro was going to turn up scum. Why use 'if' if you weren't unsure?

A tracker and a watcher in this game seems weird to me, but I'm not sure if that's just me or if it's completely normal. Just to note, tracker isn't an inherently town ability. It can be either scum or town, so it doesn't really clear a person when they claim it. Now the results they gain can definitely absolve them of suspicion. My point of bringing this up is I don't want Jinjo to be hoodwinking us with this claim into trusting her and leading us astray. I'm not sure if that'd be too brazen, but it'd be a good plan.

The two people who I'm most suspicious of at the moment are Flop and Jinjo.

I don't like this post because that looks like you are trying to frame me because I claimed Tracker on Day 2, I got a result that said Kyriaki visited Elementar and I really thought she did kill Elementar, Elementar suggested I track Kyriaki on Night 2 and I took his advice and it said she visited Cilantro and I really thought Kyriaki got killed from visiting Cilantro while either Lone protected me from the Mafia or he protected himself from the Mafia and why do you say a Tracker is a Mafia role? Trackers are a common Town role.

I don't like this post because that looks like you are trying to frame me because I claimed Tracker on Day 2, I got a result that said Kyriaki visited Elementar and I really thought she did kill Elementar, Elementar suggested I track Kyriaki on Night 2 and I took his advice and it said she visited Cilantro and I really thought Kyriaki got killed from visiting Cilantro while either Lone protected me from the Mafia or he protected himself from the Mafia and why do you say a Tracker is a Mafia role? Trackers are a common Town role.
I'm not trying to frame you of anything. I'm just bringing up the very real possibility of a scum tracker, because scum trackers can exist - you're not completely cleared because of your claim. If there wasn't the revelation of a watcher existing in this game, then I wouldn't even be bringing this up, but unlimited tracker and a watcher just sounds really OP even for a role madness and bastard game. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I won't claim to be completely up on how game mechanics work (I don't host for a reason lol), but at any rate - I never claimed tracker was a scum role. I said it could be both.

This is... A good point. People have been talking about Jinjo like she's confirmed Town, and taking her word for things when she claims someone visited someone else (I take responsibility for this too), but I can't actually remember anything proving she was Town. Given that both of her tracks have wound up being Town so far, this isn't exactly a bad avenue to look down.

why do you say a Tracker is a Mafia role? Trackers are a common Town role.
Tracker is actually reasonably common as both alignments. It's true that Town is more common, but scum trackers aren't exactly rare.

Doctor Floptopus
TheCapsFan
jdthebud
Feenie
DarthWolf

These are the players who have not roleclaimed and we don't know anything about their role.

Doctor Floptopus
TheCapsFan
jdthebud
Feenie
DarthWolf

These are the players who have not roleclaimed and we don't know anything about their role.
I think that we can cut Darth off of any "suspicious persons" list at this point. Given that he got Silenced by the same person who Silenced Elementar.

I think that we can cut Darth off of any "suspicious persons" list at this point. Given that he got Silenced by the same person who Silenced Elementar.

Then that just leaves four people left we don't know anything about their role.

Day 3 - Paying Back the Plumber
Day 3 - Paying Back the Plumber
Co-written by @Max1996!

“Stop it right there, plumber.” The portly plumber turns to see the source of the voice, the suited man with the notebook. “You thought you could get away with these crimes, but you got careless! I kept my eye on you and spotted that Rotom you used to sabotage that ride just now. Bet you didn’t count on having to deal with my awesomeness!”
“Is that so?” growls the plumber.
“You know...that sounds exactly like something you would do,” I chime in, glaring at the plumber. My Vikavolt and Golisopod stare down the plumber as well, ready to attack.
The exuberant suited man sends out a Gallade to confront the plumber, who in turn calls upon his Celesteela, Sigilyph, Araquanid and Mega Sableye to fight off our Pokémon. Our Pokémon send Thunderbolts, Razor Shells, and Night Slashes towards the plumber’s team, getting hit by Fire Blasts, Air Slashes, Lunges and Dark Pulses in return. We manage to take down Mega Sableye and Araquanid, but not without me burning through some of my own Pokémon first.
Suddenly, Ryota and Pidgeot fly back into action, trying to catch the plumber from behind. However, the plumber notices, rolling it out of the way before tossing the shiny Victini up. His Sigilyph blows Victini into the arms of another man waiting behind me and the guy in the suit. This man, the plumber’s cousin, sends out a Tyranitar as Ryota chases him on Pidgeot, and orders Tyranitar to give them a Stone Edge beatdown as sand starts swirling violently around them thanks to Sand Stream.
“Heheheh. Guess you’ll have to try and help him, huh?” the plumber taunts. “Good luck saving him from the same fate I helped ol’ Max there meet when I’m still here.”
But then, something unexpected happens. Six Pokéballs open up from within the bumper car ride, and Max’s Greninja, Hydreigon, Luxray, Typhlosion, Sceptile, and Lucario all emerge, eyes fixed on the plumber’s team as they approach in unison. Typhlosion and Luxray combine their Fire and Electric attacks to bring down the plumber’s Celesteela, while Hydreigon and Greninja shoot Dark Pulses at his Sigilyph. Sceptile and Lucario advance on the plumber. Dammit! the plumber thinks to himself as he returns his fainted Sigilyph and Celesteela to their Pokéballs.
“Let’s go stop that other guy,” the suited man says to me. “Looks like these Pokémon have the plumber covered!”
Before the plumber can run very far, he feels a sharp pain in his leg. Looking down, he sees a light blue pointed star sticking out of it briefly before it melts away. Impeded by the wound left in his leg by the projectile, he limps away, only to find himself cut off by Max’s six Pokémon at the mini golf entrance. The murderous intent apparent of the Pokémon surrounding him doesn’t visibly faze him much, though he recognizes he’s met his match. “Well, shit.” The Pokémon surrounding him move closer and closer, and soon a loud scream echoes throughout the park.
Officer ME soon arrives at the scene, but by that time the only thing there is a dead body, with signs of having been viciously attacked.

Doctor Floptopus was killed!
Dear Doctor Floptopus, you are the plumber, one of Chidamari Sketch's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. The plumber is a rotund man from the Orre region and a former member of the corrupt organization Cipher. He first discovered the shiny Victini after being pulled into an alternate dimension created by Arceus along with several other characters. The plumber seems to have no qualms about harming others in his pursuit of the shiny Victini, having nearly murdered other trainers or their Pokémon on multiple occasions. However, the crafty plumber covers his crimes up well, even using his Beheeyem's mental persuasion to do so at times. He has also been known to disguise himself as a janitor in order to avoid detection by his rivals.

Because you hide your crimes and sometimes dress as a janitor, you are the Mafia Godfather + 1×Janitor. You will appear unsuspicious if you are checked by a Cop. Additionally, one Night phase during the game, you may choose to clean up.This effect will be applied to your factional kill that Night. If successful, information about your target's role will be omitted from their in-thread death announcement the following Day; only their role name will be revealed publicly. You are sided with the Mafia, and win once the Town and all other opposing factions are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.

Ryota flies circles around the plumber’s cousin and Tyranitar on Pidgeot, evading all of the Stone Edges shooting up at them. I arrive with my Dhelmise and Klefki, who attack with Anchor Shot and Flash Cannon respectively, while the suited man’s Gallade attacks Tyranitar with Close Combat. Tyranitar falls, but spews a Fire Blast at Ryota as it does, causing them to crash again. The man with Victini then substitutes his Tyranitar for a Bisharp and Pangoro, which both proceed to beat the downed Ryota and his Pidgeot into oblivion. The plumber’s vicious yet cowardly cousin adds Toxapex to the mix, shielding his other two Pokémon with Baneful Bunker so as to ensure nothing prevents the savage assault.

Lone_Garurumon was killed!
Dear Lone_Garurumon, you are Ryota, TouyaShiro's character in Capture the Shiny Victini. Ryota is a powerful, adventurous trainer and collector of rare Pokémon. He is also a doctor and Pokémon researcher. His background is as much a mystery to himself as to anyone else, as his travels through Ultra Space have left him without the memories of his past.

Because you're a doctor, you are...well, the Town Doctor. Each Night phase, you may select a player to heal. You will save your target from one kill that Night. You are sided with the Town, and win once the Mafia and all other opposing factions are eliminated.

The residual sandstorm finally dying down, the man in the suit and I get a better look at the terrible sight before us. “You’ve just killed another trainer right in front of us...” exclaims the suited man. “When will you stop?!”
“I’ll stop when I’m dead!!” shouts our foe. Then, a few gunshot noises later, he drops to the ground dead, with bullet holes visible in his back. His horrified Pokémon stare for a moment, then just scramble off in different directions.

Feenie was killed!
Dear Feenie, you are the dentist, one of Chidamari Sketch's characters in Capture the Shiny Victini. The dentist has often been seen helping his cousin, the plumber, to steal the shiny Victini. The dentist was originally thought to be responsible for the death of MegaPod's Braixen, and while it has since been revealed that it was an impostor who did it, the real dentist has proven to be just as vicious at times. Not only has he allowed his team of Pokémon to brutally maul someone out of cowardice, he's actively hunted down a trainer out of vengeance, with the intent to kill.

Because dentists pull teeth and you're a particularly malicious dentist, you are the Mafia Silencer + 2×Strongman. Each Night phase, you may select a player to silence. That player will be unable to post anything (besides votes) during the following Day phase and Night phase. Additionally, any two Night phases during the game, you may choose to strongarm your faction's kill target. The kill will hit through any protection those Nights. You are sided with the Mafia, and win once the Town and all other opposing factions are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.

Standing behind the dead dentist is none other than Wolfrick. “Heya guys,” he says nonchalantly, gun in hand. “That Officer Mimi told us to be careful, so I got mah gun.”
“That’s Officer ME to you,” said Boarder Patrol officer declares as he walks over to us. “I take it our troublemakers have finally met justice?”
“Yeah, and a big thanks to you, copper,” scoffs Wolfrick sarcastically.
“Well, there is still at least one more to worry about,” the suited man states, flipping open his notebook to show Officer ME. “The shortest of the hooded figures I saw is still unaccounted for.”
“Noted. In any case, where’s your friend? Once our last criminal is caught, he should take down that force field of his.”
“Larry, where are you??” the man in the suit calls out.
The scientist pokes his head out from behind a garbage bin, still shaking a bit after all he’d just witnessed. “Hehe...right here, Jack.”

— — —

It is now Day 3! Votes lock in 48 hours.

THREE kills?? One by a vigilante, one by Mafia, and one by... uhh... maybe the item giver's items could be used for vigging...? It wasn't me! =O

Nice, well hidden on the vig power, good shot. You never really called them out though, or did I miss that? How did flop die though?

At this point its jd or caps
Vote: TheCapsFan
Both of you claim now

Nice, well hidden on the vig power, good shot. You never really called them out though, or did I miss that? How did flop die though?

At this point its jd or caps
Both of you claim now

"Both of you claim now"

:cautious:

What about you? Are you the Inventor?

Wow! Two Mafias dead on one night. I tracked jdthebud and he visited nobody and it looks like he is Town.

I found them suspicious on D1 itself when they were so curious of my role without any apparent motive and I voted for them also. I had a gut feeling they were scum but didn't have enough evidence to make a case against them, so I decided to use my Vig shot on them which turned out to be a good move.

No idea about Flop's death though.

I've been silenced by feenie. I don't need to claim and prefer not to, at least till after the 2 mentioned above have.
Though I am not reading you as scum, you are not even confirmed Town because you were silenced. It could be an interesting Mafia strategy to pretend to be silenced and gain townie points.
Also, you are Darth. Your reputation precedes you. Town CANNOT trust you.

Thanks item giver for the vig kill. I killed Flop.

Yeah team *high fives*

And thanks for putting up with my annoying silence.

I'll catch up soon.

Sidenote: Mafia seems quite weak compared to what we've seen of town...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom