• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Victini! V1 - Fleeting Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eden, Gate and the rest of the group went on-board at the Aether Foundation helicopter, where Ariel rests at a seat with their head resting on a pillow and a spare blanket. A nurse tries to gently feel their forehead, which donned an ice-pack, but even just a slight touch causes them to wince a bit. "Hmm.... Looking at their condition, it'll most likely take a month or so to recover. It probably wouldn't take as long as before since we've already established a source of treatment from the likes of Bill, but they'll still need as much time as possible for the neurotoxins to be dissipate without force." "Well, I guess I need my own break, just like Naya; I'd never leave poor Ari like this. It's been fun, guys!" said Eden, "And one last thing..." Eden handed over some sticky notes to Gate, Max, and Mick. "I'll be givin' ya guys my number and email just so we can still follow up and talk, and perhaps we can have a little chit-chat once in a while~"

Last edited:
“Oh, th-thanks, Eden. I’d like that.” Gate carefully slips the note into his shirt pocket, then takes one last look at his friends. “I guess I have my own things to take care of, too. I’ll see you around, okay?” Gate bids the group farewell, and his Golurk scoops him up and rockets off.

-

I use my Flamethrower breath to gently thaw off each of my new Hoppip companions, but on the last Hoppip, I notice that my fire begins to fizzle away into weak embers. My Pokémon powers are getting weaker... I note in my head. I realize that as my predominantly human body naturally loses and replaces cells, my Pokémon cells will inevitably go and take my powers with them. It was fun while it lasted, anyways. I finish thawing out my Hoppip, and decide to catch them all with some empty Pokéballs I had in my bag. As the last one is sent to my PC, I notice Gate’s Golurk flying away from the helicopter and into the horizon. “Hey, that hacker must be making off with the Victini!” I remark. “Go, Sigilyph!” I quickly replenish Sigilyph’s energy with some items, and we fly off after Gate.

Gate’s Golurk lands in Ecruteak City that evening, and finds its trainer’s abandoned wheelchair still lying out in the open. Golurk helps Gate into it, and is just about to scoop him up again when Sigilyph and I reveal our presence. “Aha!” I shout. “You thought you could sneak off with the shiny Victini and have it go unnoticed? Well, unfortunately...hey, I don’t notice it. What’s going on?”
“You again?” Gate exclaims. “I don’t have the shiny Victini. I was just picking up my wheelchair from the site where Ditto-nator kidnapped me. Like I didn’t endure enough from that destructive Ultra Beast invasion at Olivine.”
“Oh, okay...sorry.”
“It’s fine, man,” Gate pauses, then adds, “Hey, I should’ve taken you more seriously when you warned me about that evil Ditto. Sorry about that.”
“Apology accepted,” I reply. “So, where are you going now?”
“To rebuild my home that that horrible plumber wrecked, I guess,” Gate answers. “Right now, this chair’s all I got for a place to rest.”
“Oh... Hey, if you ever need a weirdly themed vehicle to stay in, I could always throw something together,” I offer.
“Thanks,” Gate chuckles, “but I’m not really one for flying around in a Metapod.”
“Suit yourself,” I say. “Bye!”
“Okay, bye.” Gate’s Golurk picks him up and takes off.
Meanwhile, I go into the Pokémon Center to rest up and grab a map of Johto. “Ultra Beasts in Olivine City, huh?” I go outside and send out Sigilyph once more. “Let’s see what that’s about. Mick can keep that Victini for now.” Sigilyph flaps its wings and heads for the obliterated port city. We touch down, and I get a good look at the sea of rubble. Amidst the destruction, a weird gray brick catches my eye, so I dredge it out from the wreckage, pick it up, and turn it over. On one side, the brick’s surface is black instead of stony gray, and seems to blink at me to my surprise. The blue-eyed, cubical unit wiggles free from my grip all of a sudden, and starts sliding away of its own accord. Not knowing what else to do, I decide to follow behind it. The sentient rectangle gravitates to what looks like just another building, which upon a closer look is constructed of more of the same kind of “brick.” When the brick slides into place, the whole structure rumbles awake, and the darker bricks that make up the corners extend into four legs. “Whoa...” I stand gazing in awe at the apparent Ultra Beast now staring me down. “It’s...beautiful.”

As Gate looks at the group, Max smiled and said one last thing.
"I saw it during the tournament match and again just now. You're a great battler, Gate! See you around."
"Thanks!" Gate nodded, before flying off.

"Sayonara, Gate!" shouted Eden enthusiastically whilst waving as wide as they can with their arm as Gate flew off

---

(Around a few minutes before...)

Mercurius was still on his dogfight against A Bao A Qu, trading energy projectile after energy projectile without any advantage on either side, until the cnidarian suddenly paused and faced a certain direction. Mercurius curiously stared at the same direction; all three of his eyes widened with shrunken irises as he saw his master cemented onto the Metapod Airship, which was headed straight into an Ultra Wormhole. The Nihilego unleashed another burst of extradimensional aura once again, this time augmenting its acceleration, as it then speeds after the wormhole that had suddenly materialized out of nowhere. Mercurius soon followed, and moments after MegaPod evacuated his old ship, the Nihilego and Sigilyph soon disappeared into the wormhole just before it demateralizes away.

(OOC: I just wanted to add some closure.)

Last edited:
Thanks to the news report, I managed to recover my memories. "Thank Arceus that karma has struck you...", I muttered as my headache had stopped. I've remembered again, but guess what? It no longer matters, because Mr. Ozwald wasn't worth talking about anymore. As I left my hotel room in Alola, I decided to pay Aether Paradise a visit. I let out my Charizard, and I flew away, marking the start of another chapter. "I'm Blaze Austen, forever burnin'!"

The Aether Foundation helicopter reaches its destination, and its passengers, along with the incapacitated Ariel, leave the vehicle and head to a certain room. Lusamine then fled to her own room, and she announced something through there.
"Mic check. Is this thing working? Good. Well, all I can say is that thank you to everyone who works here for helping to Pokemon preservation and making the anti-enhancement program a success. I guess thanks isn't enough. What about a celebration, my dear employees?"
The workers in the organization cheered like there's no tomorrow. Everyone is going to have some fun at last, after all the chaos that happened.

Lusamine's announcement echoed throughout the facility, alerting everyone and unintentionally causing Ariel to wince again. Blaring music and colorful lights flooded the area afterwards, much to the doctors' frustration. "Whoa, a celebration party, eh? I guess that Lusamine woman had one helluva change of heart after all. Sweet!" remarked Eden. "Hmm... I'll probably get some refreshments there after Ariel's in a safe place. I should tell those guys to lower the volume a bit, though..."

---

Deep within the bustling metropolitan jungle of Castelia City, a tiny, tiny little ragamuffin silently scuttled around a crowded area filed with people clad with video recording technology of various kinds and shapes, only sticking their head out at whatever catches their eye or whatever looks edible. They were clad in a faded, stained gray pullover hood that nearly covered every part of their body sans their face and legs, and they also wore a rather eerie white mask that is completely featureless save for a creepy thin smile. They shoulder around a small, albeit crammed yellowish backpack that contained a few other masks, whatever foodstuffs they could afford with their fight money, some inexplicably intact handheld consoles they unearthed from the ground, or just stuff in general they were able to purchase or pick up. They were nearly barefoot; they only ever wore their sandals when it was too hot for their dirty, nearly pitch-black feet to handle. The only Pokemon they had with them were a Drifloon and a Klefki. Their memories were unfortunately just as foggy as their appearance as well; they don't even know how the hell they ended up in this vile concrete jungle in the first place, they mostly remembered they were from the barren desert of Orre, where they usually spent their days fighting a bunch of weird ruffians within the equally rugged Pyrite Town who were more willing to just get the satisfaction of being legally able to take reward money from others, all so that they were able to get enough cash for the occasional food truck every now and then. At times, they wanted to go somewhere far away, but since Orre's basically a wasteland, they had to bribe some unsentimental bike-rider with all they had just to go to somewhere like Gateon Port or Phenac City, and even then they really couldn't even settle in anywhere else but Pyrite and its cheap-as-hell hotel since they were just a kid. It was still kind of shitty, but at least pretty manageable in its own way. But here, all you see are just millions and millions of indistinguishable, towering workers huddling all over the place to get to where they need to be, most likely mentally assimilated into the hiveminds of whatever corporations swarming around in these rectangular beehives, perhaps caring more about economy than actual people or perhaps other regions. But today, these giant bugs have recently caved in into one of said hives, albeit one that somehow tore to shreds, all pointlessly ranting and buzzing at each other about either how it took so long for the building to be constructed, the possibility of casualties, and what caused the building to go down in the first place. They made a quiet sigh upon witnessing the apparent scene, unaware to the events that had happened an hour ago.
"Nyah... So much noise......And here I thought this was just a new food area opening... This place is stupid..." muttered the disgruntled, hungry child in a weary voice as they turned their back on the scene. "Nyaaah... what to do now... Mmm... I think I'll get a Casteliacone today...... C'mon, Vayu, let's go..."
The urchin then took out a small bell from their shorts' pocket and made a slight jingle, gaining the attention of their Drifloon, who was eerily staring off at a group of people nearby a few ambulances and gurneys. The little ghost drifted right to the child's side as they left the scene, completely bored out of their mind.

Last edited:
Back at the KO Industries ruins in Castelia City, a replacement van arrives to transport Dr. Turner and his fellow convicts away. “Welp, day’s saved, so I guess I’ll go get my Trevenant and Rockruff egg now,” Wolfrick announces as he steps towards his motorcycle.
“Stop, Wolfrick,” calls out the officer that Max had brought before. “I want to talk to you.”
Afraid of hearing just that, Wolfrick slowly turns around to listen. “Yeah?”
“That was a real gutsy move you pulled, breaking a convict out of an International Police vehicle on the off chance that would ‘save the day.’ And just so you know, we’re not exactly oblivious to your previous deviations from the law,” the agent adds.
“You’re not thinkin’ of arresting me now, are ya?!” Wolfrick blurts. “I got Pokémon to get back t-”
“Slow down, now. My point is, that was a pretty selfless thing you did there, and it somehow actually paid off. So, thank you.”
“Oh, uh...yeah, you’re welcome...sir.”
“You know, we could always use more people like that on our side. It might not be out of the question for me to recommend you to a training academy, see if we can’t get you started in local law enforcement.”
“Law enforcement? Me? Pfft, that’s ridiculous,” Wolfrick scoffs.
“I’ll give you time to think about it,” the agent states.
“Uh-huh.” Wolfrick hops onto his motorbike. “Thanks anyways, man,” he concludes before riding off.
Just then, Mel steps out of the demolished building site holding the BMC Pokéball. “Hey, dude, look what I found!” he exclaims proudly to the officer. “I think it was the monster’s.” Mel tests it out, and sure enough, the unconscious Spearow on the ground is called inside. “Can I keep it?”
The officer gives Mel a little stare down from behind his shades. “Be careful with that, kid,” he finally concedes.
“Haha, no kidding, man. We’re just lucky Dr. Turner figured out it could even evolve into Spearow.”
“Yeah...I guess.”
“I bet that guy could be a big help in the science department! Maybe there’s, like, something you could arrange with him, too?”
“...we’ll see. Well, kid, ready to track down and cure those enhanced Pokémon?”
“You bet! Where to first?”
The agent suddenly gets a text message, which he checks before answering Mel. “Apparently, Aether Paradise. We’ll be giving the shot to a Charizard owned by a man named Blaze Austen.” The two men step into the International Police helicopter and are soon whisked off towards Alola.

As the Aether Foundation helicopter flew towards Aether Paradise with Max in it, he looked outside.
"The plumber is dead...Not how I wanted things to go, but still managed to pay him back for what he did..."
After reading Ryota's note, Max sat down on a couch, looking away from the window.
"My friends..." he thought to himself. "Why did I leave them alone there? If I hadn't, they'd..."
As he looked down to the ground in sadness, his Xtranceiver began ringing.
"Oh, hello, sir," he said, upon answering. "Something the matter?"
"I heard what happened at Lilycove. My condolences and I do hope your Pokemon are going to be alright. In regards to the Shiny Victini, we are aware you attempted to get it in your possession. Would you like to carry on with this as an official mission, to get it into protection? Contact me when you've decided."
After his superior hung up, Max went deep in thought.
"Should I...? But, my Pokemon...Wait, that's it...If I continue the Victini hunt, I can get back at that bastard..."
At that moment, he heard an announcement. "Could Max come to the front desk? Your Pokemon have all been fully healed."
Smiling, he dialed the person who just called him. "Yes?"
"I have decided. I'm continuing the hunt for the Shiny Victini."

Last edited:
The party at Aether Paradise has been going on strong for a while when eventually I teleport into the facility with my Abra. I whisper for Abra to use Trick Room, and an array of colorful psychic tiles briefly shimmer across the walls and floors of the building; due to the party lights, no one seems to notice. I spot Mick carrying the shiny Victini, and grab some chips from a refreshments table as I make my approach. “Let’s try to be discreet about this,” I say before swapping out Abra for my large, incredibly conspicuous Ultra Beast composed of living bricks. Without warning, the towering UB flicks the shiny Victini out of Mick’s hands with one of its blocky legs, then sits down around the trainer.
Several Aether Paradise employees rush onto the scene as I catch Victini in my arms. “He’s got a Stakataka!” One of them calls out as they each send out a Pokémon to try and stop me.
“That’s what it’s called? Cool,” I remark. “Use Gyro Ball, Stakataka!” Stakataka begins rapidly whirling its colonial body on a vertical axis while simultaneously sliding towards the Aether Foundation employees, bowling them and their Pokémon over and creating a clear escape path for me. All the while, Mick is jostled around inside the hollow Ultra Beast. I send out my Dhelmise and Vikavolt as I dash towards the exit, and they subdue more Aether Foundation employees with swiftly executed Anchor Shots and Thunderbolts.
“Why do we keep selling that guy Beast Balls?” One employee groans. I return Vikavolt and Stakataka, leaving a very dizzy Mick behind as I attempt to ride away on Dhelmise.

Last edited:
"Not again..." Max sighed, as he let out Greninja. "Use Dark Pulse on Dhelmise."
The Ninja Pokémon nodded with a croak. "Huh..." Max briefly thought to himself.
Upon being hit with the attack, Dhelmise fell to the ground, fainted. At the same time, MegaPod, still holding the Victini, fell on top of the Sea Creeper Pokémon.
"Not giving up on the Victini, huh, MegaPod?" he asked.

"Wait what? It's closed in winter? Dammit, I wanted that limited edition Ube filling Casteliacone. Nyah... oh well." Just after the ragamuffin walked away from the empty ice cream stand, however, they noticed another small child, one that was clad in a hakama, holding what appears to be one of the item chests scattered throughout Orre like a briefcase. The kid fretfully looked at various directions before scampering off. Curious, the ragamuffin gave chase while their Drifloon stared off at the direction where the police vans were departing before catching up.

---

After a while, the ragamuffin followed the other child all the way to the noxious Castelia Sewers. The ragamuffin took an odd delighting at the grisly surroundings as they were running after the other kid, especially since the waters have dried away, allowing them to freely travel on the lower areas. After a while, the child in the hakama stopped as they both reached a entrance to a back room. The ragamuffin was about to go near the other kid, before the other kid then suddenly turned at the ragamuffin, holding a balisong and pointing at it shakily as they grinned from ear-to-ear eerily.
"Come and get it... Go ahead and I'll make it so your blood and organs shall spil-oh...."
The guttersnipe was quivering in confusion as the kid in the hakama stared, surprised at what they saw.
"Oh..... You're not a dirty cop..... Whew..... I thought for a second that I was gonna be chained in a crappy vehicle with that putrid Ozwald guy...."

The child pocketed their balisong away as they were giggling, embarrassed. The ragamuffin slowly got out of their fright-induced trance and had a closer look at the other kid. The kid with the knife had short, black bob hair which made them look a bit like a doll, and their hakama, which was clad in black and red colors, had a rather long white apron on the skirt, which, upon closer inspection, was blotted in odd green and purple stains.
"You.... You were in cahoots with that drug guy? Interesting... Do you know why the hell their building just sorta crumbled away, nya? Also, why the hell do ya have that Orre chest?" asked the ragamuffin.
"Pffft. Nah, not really. I only come to him at times just to get his stuff. Sometimes, I purchase them, most other times, I just sorta sneak 'em away. Heh, only reason he lets me go is that like, about 90% percent of drug dealers tend to have the decency to leave little kids like me n' you go, albeit simply because a dead kid would bring unwanted attention on both sides. Apparently, there was an attack there and then they were all arrested or something; I only came back one last time just to check if there was still some useful stuff within the rubble. Oh, and that case? I just got it from a guy who was here a few weeks ago. Mmm. Didn't know it was from Orre until just now, in fact. Some people like weirdos in greasy jackets come n' go here to sell stuff discreetly. Kinda like in Orre with all of the illegal trading going around, don'tcha think?"
"Yeah, and I used to be in Orre in fact.... ....I honestly don't know how the hell I got here... by the way. All I vaguely remember is two guys in reddish-pink clothing dragging me to a corner in Gateon Port. And...."
The ragamuffin suddenly began jittering for a while before continuing,
"...I-I dunno. I suddenly was on a boat, and someone threw me out here in this stupid city on the shores. Didn't get a chance to see who it was 'cause the boat just sorta sped off afterwards. The boat was red by the way, and had this weird, eclipse-like logo plastered on the side..."
The other kid tilted their head in both curiosity and concern, before speaking up.
"Mmm... I.... I see. Oi, do you wanna come in to my home since we're like, at the entrance? It's sorta like a Secret Base here; this sewer has some really room-like areas for whatever reason, so I manage. Kukuku..."
"Ooh, you live here? Cool~ A cavernous place like this always seemed cozy to me~" muttered the child in awe.
The two kids were about to enter the dilapidated area, just as the ragamuffin's Drifloon finally caught up, drifting into the way of the children, much to the hakama kid's surprise and the ragamuffin's annoyance..
"Ooh... A Drifloon... Always wanted something like of those..." remarked the hakama kid, "Is that thing yours?"
"Yeah.... Anyway.... ....About time you showed up, Vayu..." muttered the ragamuffin frustratedly. The Drifloon christened "Vayu" simply made a disconcerting child-like giggle. The masked ragamuffin sighed in response as they grabbed out a Moon Ball and shot out a beam that dematerializes the spectre and retrieves it back in.

---

As the hakama kid noted, the room was almost like a Secret Base from either Hoenn and/or Sinnoh, with recognizable furniture that can be bought from both regions, right down to the small portable laptop device that seems to materialize and dematerialize furniture that often are way too big for it. The only real difference was that there were dark blue and dark green pipes with the typical rotary handles built on them. Some of the pipes were colored and decorated with graffiti sprays and chalk; albeit depicting some rather vulgar statements. The middle, main area had a rather large tire that appears to serve as a table complete with four chairs from differing brands sitting around it. All of them were adorned with plushies cutely sitting on them like a stereotypical tea party was going on. On the far end was both the aforementioned laptop which sat on the right corner just between the middle and right pipes, sitting on a pink mat and a Seedot-based TV on the middle spot, which sat on a black cabinet stand with glass shelves that contained a plug-n-play game console plugged in; said TV was working from an outlet out of a power strip attached to a rather lone pair of outlets from the left wall. There were two bean chairs that predictably sat near the TV, though the left one seems to be utilized more often that the right one as it had a few more wrinkles. There was a king sized mattress at the far left end near the entrance/exit that had a plain bedsheet, a few pillows, and two blankets covering it, but without a frame to support it. There were plenty of cupboards on the left area that were filled with various bottles; some of which contained pills, herbs and liquids of unknown material. The right area on the other hand had legitimate tables on it, all of which were caked in messy powders of vibrant colors as well as some odd foilage and plenty of silverware and odd tools like small hammers and grinders. The walls on the entire area altogether were slathered with both graffiti as well as a few posters, many of which seem to be promoting a few movies produced by Pokestar Studios. The hakama kid unloaded their wares within the Poke Ball-like chest and stuffed them into the cupboards, just as the ragamuffin approached them.
"Oooooh~ So what are you, a drug dealer like those guys who are getting arrested?" asked the ragamuffin after observing both sides.
"Eh, like I said. Not really. Actually, these medicines you are seeing, they're legit stuff," the hakama kid claimed, "Turns out that there were projects that aimed to turn poison and chemicals into legit medicine, but the doctors suddenly left here for some reason, only leaving behind some of their books and papers for the procedures n' stuff. I decided to follow their footsteps, simply because I thought making toxic thingies into useful stuff is cool, especially since Poison is like, my favorite type~" The hakama kid was blushing after expressing their apparent interests.
"Ooh, kickass~ Anyhow, I'm guessin' all of this stuff comes from those dealer guys too, right?" asked the ragamuffin as they observed the area.
"Yeah. I honestly can't really tell if some of them were bootlegged or not, but the TV's legit. I mean, it doesn't depict random bloody jump-scares out of the blue. As well as this thing..."
The hakama kid pointed to the console that is attached to the Seedot TV. The ragamuffin took a closer look at the console.
"OH SHIT! T-that's the SNES Classic! How the hell did y-"
"Heheh. Some overtly and pretentiously masculine nerd on the streets was holding it. I begged him to death for it. Only reason he gave it to me was that I had Shiny Pokemon on a few Poke Balls that I thought was empty back when I was pocketing stuff from that KO building thingy back when it was still standing. I think it was two months or so. They were a Salamence, a Greninja, and a Lucario." The hakama kid rolled their eyes around before continuing,
"....Bleh, I don't really care about those... 'cool' and 'badass' Pokemon, anyway." The hakama kid was gesturing with their pointy fingers just to accentuate their point.
"Ooh~ Kyukuku~ Good choice. Anyhow, I'm getting sickly bored from lounging around in the streets on this dumb jungle, mind if I play games with ya?"
"Sure thing. Oh, what's your name by the way? My name's Salus."
"Oh, my name.... V....V....Val! Call me Val."
"Val, huh? Cute name. Mmm~ Well, in that case, mind if you call me Sal just so we can match?"
"Okee-dokee, Sal!"
"Awesome~ Well then, what do you wanna play?"
"Kirby!"
"Ooh, okay. Actually, I was about to play that until that big explosion came in. But let's not talk anymore about that stupid old man. Well, then..."

---

Perhaps due to being in the subterranean area where the secret laboratories were held and due to being in a private area, Eden, the doctors and Aether Foundation employees who are observing Ariel's conditions were unburdened and completely oblivious to MegaPod's ambuscade with his towering new ally. The doctors conversed with themselves as they begin setting up Ariel into a medical bed and began initiating some treatments. Eden solemnly stared at their P★DA and some personal pictures stored within its data, sighing as thoughts wandered around their head as they personally assess their sibling's situation, as well as their potential future.

---

The plumber, still completely paralyzed and embedded into the airship, can only watch as the vehicle travels into the interdimensional portal in a nearly-sentient way perhaps due to it being jammed in autopilot, dodging a few electric sparks that were floating all around the area while deliberately ramming into strange rings of Ultra Beast-like energy that appeared to augment its acceleration. As the ship travels along, he spots various trainers, all of which were inexplicably near-identical in physical features, flying around in suits while riding what appears to be various specimens of the legendary deities of Alola, all casually riding their own way and bizarrely traveling to the various other wormholes littered through the journey.
"T.... The shit...?" muttered the plumber in confusion as he barely observes his surroundings. He slowly turns right, only to witness the broken ship heading towards one particular wormhole on its own, with no defined reason for its destination...

(OOC: Changed my mind on the hakama kid's name, I remembered that there was already a region named Fiore.)

Last edited:
After the weird commotion caused by a Trainer-owned Ultra Beast appearing in Aether Paradise, the Aether Foundation employees who were in charge of Ariel were talking to each other, discussing and questioning if Ultra Beast capture and usage should be regulated to avoid possible chaos. Even in the secret underground laboratories, the music from the celebration can still be heard. It's annoying to some extent, and one of the employees went off for a while just to request a lowering of volume.

---

A familiar face walked slowly towards the Pokemon Gym of Goldenrod City, carrying gasoline and a lighter. Ah, dammit. I'm sick of being some musician celebrity- no. I'm done with this fictional character facade. Thankfully, almost all people here just put me off as a crazed cosplayer who hunts for the Victini. I think it's fucking time to reveal myself, now that I am gone from the public eye after that shit with the Skiddo ranch. And yeah. I used that damn Kate idiot as a tool. This is it. All shall burn. she thought while she was silently dousing the back side of the Gym, away from plain sight. After she was done... she quickly threw her act away and showed what she really are... by setting the Gym on fire. She then threw all evidence of being "Ibuki" away from her to the area, which acts as deception to keep the culprit secret. What the fuck is she in for, really?

---

While I was enjoying myself in the Aether Foundation after the unexpected party of Lusamine, I saw an Interpol officer walk close to me. "Yo, what do you need?", I asked.

Conclusion
Once their helicopter had arrived at Aether Paradise hours before my infiltration, Mel and the agent escorting him began sifting through the sea of partygoers, stopping for an occasional beverage before ultimately finding Blaze Austen amongst the crowd. “Yo, what do you need?” Blaze asked casually as the officer approached him with the young scientist in tow.
“Hello, Mr. Austen. It’s come to our attention that you’re one of the trainers who were wrapped up in Kornelius Ozwald’s enhancement scheme,” the agent states, getting right down to business.
“...You’re not in trouble or anything like that,” Mel quickly cuts in before Blaze can react. “We just need to cure your Charizard of the enhancements before the adverse effects set in. It was just your Charizard you had enhanced, right?”
“Yeah, that’s right...now that you mention it, Charizard hasn’t been acting completely like normal. Is this what Ozwald meant when he suggested ‘life without KO Industries would get complicated?’” Blaze sends out Charizard and allows Mel to administer the injection to counteract the enhancements.

-

I slowly pick myself up off of my collapsed Dhelmise, then return it into its Pokéball while I hold onto Victini with one arm. “Heh, nope, not giving up...” I chuckle in response to Max’s question. “I thought I’d swing by here for the little guy as long as I was coming back to Alola. Just got a little sidetracked on my search was all.”
“You know, there’s got to be a better way of looking after this shiny Victini than our constant game of keep-away,” Max tells me.
“I guess you’re right...” I concede. “But what are we gonna do with the little cutie?” I ask, stroking one of Victini’s pointy ears. Victini coos curiosity at us, apparently aware it’s being discussed.
One of the Aether Foundation employees approaches us, having heard our conversation. “Maybe there’s something we could do to keep that Victini safe,” he suggests.
“You’re not thinking of holding it here?” Max asks. “It’s a nice idea, but something tells me that people after Victini will find a way.”
I just chuckle awkwardly.
“Well, we could relocate it,” the employee states.
“You mean like to some top secret facility or something?” I ask him.
“No, not exactly...”
While we converse, Max’s Xtransceiver rings. “Hello?” he answers. “...Yes, I’ll head over there right away.” He hangs up. “Apparently, the Goldenrod City Gym in Johto was set on fire,” he explains to me and the employee. “I’ve been called to investigate.” I quickly fill Max in on the part of the conversation he missed. “Hmm...that could work nicely, actually.”
“So it’s settled!” the eager employee exclaims, clapping his hands together. “While you go to Johto, I’ll ask Lusamine to make arrangements.”
As the Aether Foundation employee walks off, Mick joins his cousin, having recovered from getting whirled around inside Stakataka. “I’ll come with you, Max.”
“Great. MegaPod, do you want to come along and bring Victini?”
“Oh...okay!” I join Max and Mick as they head outside. They send out their Hydreigon and Salamence respectively and climb on. Still holding onto the shiny Victini, I have my Vikavolt lift me up. “I’m ready.”
“Let’s go, then.” With Max and Hydreigon leading the way, we all fly off towards Johto.
Victini seems to enjoy it as Vikavolt cruises through the air alongside Salamence. Vikavolt maneuvers over a group of wild Drifblim in our path, and I let the shiny Victini bounce off the heads of a few Blimp Pokémon before catching it in my arms again.
“What are you doing over there?” Mick calls out to me.
“Nothing,~♪” I reply.
Finally, we touch down in Goldenrod City. The gym fire had been put out, but not before the smoking building had sustained serious damage. "Oh man..." Max says to himself, looking at the Gym in its current state. He is silent for a moment before he turns to Mick. “Can you ask around if anyone saw the culprit?"
"You got it!" Mick nods.
As his cousin runs off, Max enters the burnt Gym. Gonna be a bit difficult to find clues in here... Max thinks to himself. The moment he looks down to the floor, he notices a small tile that seems to be relatively undamaged. He picks it up and examines it closely, noticing an “@” symbol imprinted on one side. Those guys, huh...?
At that moment, Mick calls out to him. "What is it, Mick?" Max asks as he walks back outside.
"Someone saw the culprit walk off as they disposed of some kind of disguise. Here, have a look."
The moment Max sees the clothes, his eyes widen in surprise.
These clothes...So that's it.
"So..." Mick asks, "Do you have an idea of who's behind this, Max?"
Max nods. "I do, but it's a long story. I'll tell you later. Right now, we should check back with Aether Foundation."
Just then, I notice what appears to be an Ultra Wormhole opening up in the sky. “Hey, Max...” I call out. “...I think it’s time.” We watch as two silhouettes emerge from the distant portal, traveling parallel to each other at a downward angle as they approach. As the two figures come into view, we can see they are a Solgaleo and Lunala, each ferrying on their backs a pair of people donning futuristic gear. Solgaleo and Lunala land, and the riders all dismount.
“Greetings!” exclaims one of the two people who had arrived on Lunala. “Allow me to introduce the Ultra Recon Squad. Beside me is my associate, Soliera. There with Solgaleo are Dulse and Zossie. And I am Phyco, the captain of the Ultra Recon Squad.”
“Hello, I’m Max, and this is my cousin, Mick.”
“And I’m MegaPod,” I tell Phyco.
“Ah, just the humans we were asked to meet!” Phyco exclaims, twirling his blue mustache.
“We understand you have a Pokémon for us to relocate,” states Dulse. “Could it be the red and white one you are holding?”
“Yeah...” I answer, still holding onto the shiny Victory Pokémon.
“Wow, it’s actually kind of cute!” Zossie chimes.
“Hmm, Victini, was it? Fascinating creature!” Phyco remarks as he leans to get a better look at the Pokémon. “We shall now be taking you back to our corner of the universe via the Ultra Warp Ride, if you will so kindly allow it, Victini.”
A bit reluctantly, I set Victini down in front of Phyco. “Go on, now,” I tell the shiny Victini. “They’ll take care of you.” Victini, however, seems hesitant to go, eyeing the Ultra Recon Squad, Solgaleo, and especially Lunala with suspicion.
“The Pokémon appears to be nervous,” Soliera notes, crouching down to Victini’s level.
“My subordinate has a point...” Phyco says. “Does it not wish to go? We can assure the Victini a life of complete security if only it can be persuaded to accompany us.” The Ultra Recon Squad ponder the situation for a moment.
“What if it were to meet Poipole?” Dulse suggests.
“Aha! Excellent idea, Dulse. If you would please...” Upon Phyco’s request, Dulse opens a Beast Ball, releasing from it a small, purplish alien being. The Poipole carefully floats over to Victini, both Pokémon apparently curious about each other. Poipole utters some noises at Victini, prompting it to squeak back.
“Aww, they’re warming up to each other already!” Zossie cheers. “Isn’t that the greatest?” After some conversing, Victini hovers around excitedly, landing on top of Dulse’s helmet. Smiling brightly, the shiny Victini floats back to me, Max, and Mick, giving each of us a hug before returning to the Ultra Recon Squad.
“Goodbye, Victini,” I tell the mythical creature.
“Have a safe trip,” Max wishes to Victini.
“Excellent,” Phyco declares. “Perhaps our paths will cross some time in the future, but until then...we bid you farewell.”
Victini clings onto the back of Solgaleo with Dulse and Zossie, while Poipole joins Phyco and Soliera upon their Lunala. Max, Mick and I wave to the group as they all depart. Finally, we watch as they disappear into a new Ultra Wormhole. Max then breaks the silence. “Say, MegaPod, Mick, would a vacation to the Alola region sound good to you guys?”
“Of course!” I answer.
Mick, however, shakes his head. “Sorry, but I’m gonna have to pass. I’m going to oversee the distribution of the enhancement cure.”
“I understand,” Max nods. “Good luck with that. Well then, MegaPod, shall we fly there now?”
I nod. “Let’s go.”

Capture the Shiny Victini - END

———

Well, that wraps up this thread. I want to thank everyone who participated and made CtSV become all that it did, as well as @Greninjaman for inspiring the game with his own series of similar threads on another forum, and a special thanks to @Max1996 for helping me write this ending post! Additionally, I am pleased to announce that Max1996 will next be carrying the torch, as he’ll soon be hosting the sequel version...so stay tuned.

I certainly enjoyed hosting this game, and while the story did become somewhat over-complicated for potential new players to jump in, I still look forward to seeing the role-playing aspect in future versions. I’m confident that we can find the proper balance of story elements and the game’s main purpose in V2, so that it’s not so exclusive to just the same handful of players. After all, it’s more fun the more shiny Pokémon-snatchers there are to compete with!

~MegaPod

This was a long long ride. Phew, it was fun to see V1 come to a close with a bang! Expect me to do more stuff in V2, since the whole cliffhanger thing in Goldenrod City Gym and such...

Now that before Version 2 begins, I'll be holding the concept of the main villain team in the sequel (and the Goldenrod Gym fire is a hint on them). I would also go more in-depth with Black Mareep, and Aether Foundation will be a pretty big plot point. So, thank you to @MegaPod, @Max1996, @Chidamari Sketch and the other awesome people I didn't get to mention for making this game possible, and thank you to BMGF in general for making my life 200% more awesome. For now, this is MassiveShock11, signing off!

~MassiveShock11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom