• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capture the Shiny Victini! V1 - Fleeting Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
"AH F-" Solo cried as he and the others went overboard and into the sea. Looking around in the freezing water, he grabbed Burse and felt around in his pockets for his Pokeballs. In a flash of white light, Drei appeared, and made of ice as he was, floated up to the surface, bringing the others up with him. Drei then proceeded to freeze the surface of the water with an Ice Beam, and placed his passengers on the platform it created.
"Crap! Burse, let me see your tail!" Solo shouted as he clambered over to the tiny reptile. The flame was small, but holding steady. For now. "Dammit, we gotta get you a ball for stuff like this." He rummaged around in his backpack, but came up empty. He must've used up all his balls catching the Regis. "Crap. Hey Drei, don't bother chasing down the ferry. just try and get us to the closest bit of land you can." He said to the ice golem while picking up Burse. Drei responded with his typical noises and fired Ice Beam off in a direction, creating a path of ice along that water's surface.
"And you'll be able to find it again?" Yamato questioned.
"Don't you think this is a little more important!?" He snapped back as he began to walk along the ice road.

The thick cloud of repulsive gas swirls around Braixen, damaging her greatly as well as clouding her vision and burning her nostrils. "Sweep it away," I call out to her, "and use Flamethrower!" Waving her stick with determination, Braixen clears away the toxic fog using psychic energy. Then, branch alight, she sends a powerful stream of fire directly towards Chula!

-

In Humilau City, the hacker has his Genesect, now equipped with a Burn Drive, dry his wheelchair motor and other machinery with light pulses of heat. "Alright," the hacker says to Eden and Ditto-nator, "thanks to that unexpected detour, it'll be faster to reach KO Industries' HQ in Castelia City at this point. According to their website, the building includes a store on the first few floors."
"Um, guys?" Eden pipes up. "I hate to break it to you, but whoever shot us down must have made off with the shiny Victini..."
"We can worry about that after our stop at KO Industries," the hacker replies. Turning to Ditto-nator, he adds, "But first, you're helping me into a fresh change of clothes."
"You've got to be kidding me..." Ditto-nator mutters hatefully.

Chula tries to avoid the fire attack, jumping out of the way, but still takes the blunt of it. He recoils in pain momentarily.

"Hmm. It'll be more difficult to suffocate it in your burps if it can clear it away before taking full damage." I comment. "How annoying. It looks like we're just going to have to put it to sleep...." The gulpin nods, opening his mouth widely before unleashing a huge yawn. Not being a mere yawn, the move seems to hold a bizarre, almost magical property that puts the victim to sleep shortly.

"You'd best make your next move count." I say. "Because it's the last move your fox will be using this battle."

"Chula! Soften the damage by expelling poison!" I yell towards the gulpin. He seems to know what I mean. The psychic energy reaches him, and prepares to slam him into the ground...but Chula, forcefully spitting a glob of poison at the same time, manages to somewhat reduce the damage by slowing the speed of impact.

Having landed in his own slime, Chula gets up. Seeing the braixen has fallen asleep by now, he makes his way to the water to clean himself off.

"....you're really not in a hurry, are you?" I comment, somewhat annoyed. Chula, although happy to be cleaned off, is on the brink of fainting. "Well, let's not take forever, now. Finish it off with that new move you learned."

Chula, inching closer to the braixen, shoots a concentrated blob of purple gunk from his mouth like a cannon. Gunk shot.

"Hehe. Those heart scales payed off." I giggle.

Unable to stop it, Braixen tumbles over the sand several times from the impact of Gunk Shot, knocked completely unconscious. I feed Braixen a Revive. "You did very well," I reassure her. Noticing that her fur is covered with sticky sludge and sand, I add, "We're gonna have to wash you off!" I turn to the other trainer. "That was an excellent battle," I remark. "Nice job. I'm MegaPod...it's an alias. What do you go by?"

"Megapod? What, are you obsessed with cocoons, or something?" I remark. "Anyways, gg. You can call me Naya, I guess."

I look out to the ocean for a moment. Such a beautiful scene. Wait, something appears to be washing in...oh, staryu. I had almost forgotten about my newest team member.

"You did okay for your first time, mysterious alien entity." I comment. The staryu, having revived itself while drifting in the waves, makes an odd sound in response. I return it to its fast ball. "By the way, Mega....where is this alleged shiny victini supposed to be now?"

"You know about that?" I gaze into the ocean myself and let out a sigh. "Wherever my missing Golisopod is, I hope. Of course, someone else may have chanced upon them by now. Nice name, by the way, and yes. I literally had a big airship modeled after Metapod, but that got destroyed." I then take my reluctant Braixen by the paw and lead her to the water. "Come on, Braixen, let's get you clean. It'll be fun!" Me in my swim shorts and a t-shirt, I wade into the water with my Braixen and begin to sweep the sandy sludge out of her fur. I attract a disapproving glance from a nearby swimmer who got some of the sludge on himself. Braixen gives me a mildly irritated look of her own before splashing seawater into my face. I spit the salty solution out, then playfully splash her back.
While Braixen and I enjoy our splashing fight, a dude somewhere else on the beach is watching Wingull flying by through his binoculars, until he spots something very unusual in the distance. "Hey, is that a guy on an Articuno..." he blurts loudly, "...with a miscolored Victini??"
"Whoa, really?!" An excited lifeguard turns his attention away from the drowning toddler he's swimming towards to get a look.

Last edited:
me and chula glance at each other, confused as to what this boy and his fox are doing. I get the feeling he'll still be here later, so I walk off with gulpin behind me.

around ten minutes into my walk, I see some dude looking around over the ocean.

"...eh? What are you looking at, dude?" I ask

"I looked it up on the net! THAT'S A SHINY VICTINI, ALRIGHT!" he screams at the top of his lungs.

"....okay. That's good to know, but can you please never speak this loudly again?" I say, threateningly. I look behind me, wondering if Mega could have heard....but he's so far off now, that even the man's loud voice couldn't reach him.

"Um, sorry, miss." he says with a confused look on his face. "Take my binoculars if you want to see for yourself." I do so. Sure enough, after a few seconds of looking, I see a man on an articuno...holding the shiny victini.

"...heh. This is too easy." I giggle to myself. "But I'll need a flying-type of my own if I want to catch him. Ugh." I walk towards the city. Absentmindedly, I take the man's binoculars with me. He's too distracted looking out at the water to notice...

Ditto-nator's trio had a unexpectedly laid-back time. Moments after the hacker purchased a blue and white shirt with a cute Mantine/Mantyke pattern and khaki shorts alongside some sandals, the trio went to the Marine Tube, where Eden and hacker, dazzled by the wonderful sea life, began taking countless pictures, much to the cantankerous Ditto-nator's increasingly vocal and hoarse frustration. After one lengthy rant that somehow didn't grant any suspicious attention, they went to Undella Town, where Eden caught a Cloyster that they then named Aphrodite, then after some shopping at the Black City, they went to Route 15, where the hacker and Eden participated in the shady Poke Transfer game and caught various Pokemon that may or may not have been illegally migrated here in Unova; One of the Pokemon Eden caught in particular was an Azelf from Sinnoh that was nicknamed Kazbiel that seems to have drifted here through mysterious circumstances. After a brief trek through the Marvelous Bridge, where Eden filled their pockets with EV boosting feathers, they end up at Nimbasa City, where Eden and the hacker briefly fought various trainers in the Big Stadium and Small Court to strengthen their Pokemon. They even watched Pokemon Musicals while Ditto-nator had a incredibly harsh time keeping his patience together. Afterwards, they reached Join Avenue, the gate between Nimbasa City and the Route that will eventually reach Castelia City. "Hey, check it! There's a Dojo and a Cafe here that both boosts Pokemon stats! Why dont'cha just use these two lil' shops instead?" asked Eden cheerfully.

I arrive at hau'oli cemetery, walking around, looking for something...little do I know I'm being watched by a creature hiding behind a grave.

"...I know you're there. You've been following me for at least five minutes. Though you've probably been hanging around me since I arrived half an hour ago..." I say.

" . . . . F L Y ? " I hear a screechy voice call out, from behind the tombstone. What the fuck? Had this demon overheard me talking to myself about wanting a flying-type earlier? What even is this thing? A misdreavus?

I kick the tombstone, wanting the presence to reveal itself. A small balloon shaped creature materializes in front of the tombstone.

"Oh, a drifloon. How adorable. You'll go on my team for sure, you creepy talking balloon demon." I say, still a bit unnerved that it can apparently say words.

" N O . . . "

I shudder. The pokemon is creepy. It really doesn't help that it's nighttime right now. Gulpin might not like facing a flying mon like this. This is more staryu's territory.

.....staryu?

meanwhile, back at the hau'oli beach, staryu hovers over the waters. It is keeping an eye on the victini for me, knowing that I want it...though I never gave it these orders.

"....uh...okay, I do not know where it went off to, but I guess it will return eventually." I say, confused. "Oh well, Chula, use shadow ball again." Chula obliges. Easily dodging, the drifloon counters by shooting an eerie blueish flame towards gulpin. Will-o-wisp. Not able to avoid the ghostly flames, gulpin is burned.

" . . . B U R N . . . " The drifloon says. Immediately darting to chula's backside, it follows up with an attack, the cloud on its head glowing an eerie purple before releasing a flamethrower of ghostly blue flames.

"Woah, gulpin!" I shout, concerned, as gulpin takes massive damage from the attack. It was hex, an attack that does double damage to targets inflicted with status. This drifloon is a high level, clearly, as chula is in severe pain.

"It's okay, honey! Fire another shadow ball!" I shout. Chula once again does so, firing a shadowy blob straight towards the drifloon....a bigger shadowy blob than usual. Trying to dodge again, drifloon narrowly avoids to the left....but the shadow ball, moving in an erratic nature this time, manages to hit anyway. Hmm. Chula appears to have mastered the shadow ball technique, with the projectiles having minor homing capabilities...

The drifloon, obviously in pain, falls onto one of the gravestones briefly. Quickly reaching into my purse, I grab a moon ball and throw it at the creature. One shake....two shakes...three shakes....click! The bizarre creature has been added to my team. Although, even though it is a flying-type, it is likely too weak in its current form to carry me. Though a skinny girl, and am not tall, I am also not particularly short. Slim chance it could carry my weight...

I release it, spraying it with a super potion to heal it.

"Okay, drifloon. I'll have to evolve you to do the job I need done." I say.

" . . . G E N O C I D E ? " it says, in its usual screeching voice.

"....sure, buddy. Sure." I say, half amused and half worried that this thing will try to kill me someday. We go back to hau'oli city, proceeding to faint abra after abra in effort to evolve the pokemon.

Last edited:
"Ridiculous," the peeved Ditto grumbles. "I can hardly train in a dojo while strapped to this infernal contraption, and I have zero faith in some roadside diner's ability to restore me to my former greatness. Advanced chemistry is what created me, and is what will fix me."
"Wow, picky," the hacker says with a shrug. "Well, I'm grabbing a bite to eat if you're not."
Ditto-nator just growls in response.

-

As my day at the beach concludes, I hang more Lost Golisopod posters around Alola, having already done so in Unova. I ride my Staraptor to Sinnoh through the dusk in order to look for Golisopod and hang posters there next. However, as the night drags on, I have no choice but to retire at the Eterna City Pokémon Center until the morning.

-

As night falls on Castelia City, the hacker, Ditto-nator, and Eden finally arrive there. They find the KO Industries Headquarters, a tall, silvery-blue building with glass doors. However, it is already closed, though lights can be seen inside. Ditto-nator, still visibly impatient, slithers over to the door and pounds on it in vain. "I am so close to regaining my full power..." he remarks.
"It'll be open to the public at 7 in the morning," the hacker explains. "We can get you your Ditto steroids then. For now, let's rest up at the Pokémon Center." Sighing, Ditto-nator returns to the hacker's side, and the hacker and Eden head towards the building with the familiar orange roof. On the way, the hacker's wheelchair rolls over something crinkly. "What was that?" the hacker asks.
Ditto-nator picks up the paper and unfolds it so only he can see. The poster in the Ditto's clutch read "LOST GOLISOPOD" in big letters at the top. Below this was a picture of a Golisopod next to a familiar trainer, a line mentioning a bracelet on one of the Golisopod's small claws, and contact information.
Ditto-nator hastily crumpled it up and tossed it into the nearest waste basket. "Trash," he answered.

-

As the Black Mareep commander flies on his Articuno towards the Black Mareep Corporation HQ, he is suddenly shot down by a Fire Blast from the clouds. A giant thruster arm scoops up the shiny Victini as the man and his ice bird plummet into the sea. The apparently rogue Celesteela vanishes into the clouds with Victini as quickly as it appeared.

Last edited:
"....cool. It's been a few hours." I say, a bit tired, having fainted around two dozen abra by now. "So, are you any closer to actually evolving yet?"

" M A Y B E . . . " responds Drifloon

"Yeesh, you're always so vague. It's cool you can talk, I guess, but why can't you be more like a certain villainous trio's meowth?" I complain. "Oh well. Maybe someday I'll meet another Pokemon that can talk. Hey, wait here while I use the ladies room, will you?" I walk into the pokemon center we are standing next to. Walking into the girls bathroom, I talk to myself briefly.

"I wonder where this shiny victini is at...staryu must be watching it. I'm sure that's where it is." I mumble, wondering where staryu is at now.

as it happens, Staryu is busy looking for where Celesteelia disappeared to. Unlike chula and drifloon, the starshape pokemon is actually dedicated to whatever job it may be assigned....as well as jobs it mistakenly thinks it is assigned.

"Is there a way I can contact it?" I think to myself, walking out of the bathroom, my business in there finished. I take a seat at the pokemon center café. "Hey, you guys serve komala coffee now, right? I'll take a cup of that."

"Coffee, at this time of night? Hah. Sure thing, miss." says the barista. A minute later, he hands me my hot drink.

"Lovely, sir. Thanks." I say, with a smile on my face...a rare occasion, indeed. "Hey....by chance, what do you know about the pokemon called staryu and starmie?"

"Hmm...those two? Peculiar question you be asking there, missy...a peculiar question about a peculiar pokemon" he responds, his tone suggesting he is interested. "Some of those pokemon scientists will tell ya otherwise, but those pokemon are from space. They talk with the stars, I've seen it! It ain't natural, I tell ya."

"Ah. I see..." I mutter, taking a sip of my coffee. "So, if I'm understanding correctly...their entire species talks to stars...or, at least, talks to something out there?"

"Correct. At night, especially." he responds.

"Heh. Well, you've given me an idea. I'll be back later for more coffee, perhaps." I say, walking out of the pokemon center. I worry about leaving drifloon by herself for too long. Sure enough, my fears feel entirely validated, as I look around to see no sign of her.

"Jesus christ, seriously? Are all my pokemon just going to run off on me now?" I mutter to myself, stressed. "Just where did she get off to this ti--"

" B O O ! "

.....suddenly sensing a presence behind me, I turn around to see a ghastly hot air balloon like pokemon.

"....terrifying. What, did you suddenly decide to drop the serious act after evolving?" I glare at the drifblim. "Anyways, I'm happy you've finally evolved."

" N O . . . " she responds. " J U S T . . . E X C I T E D . . . "

"Hah. Even the creepy helium monster has feelings. I imagine evolving must be an exciting event, indeed." I giggle to myself. "Anyways, we've wasted enough time on this. Let's go catch that victini!" I grab on to drifblim and let her carry me off, having previously told her where the victini was last seen.

around half an hour goes by drifting high in the sky on drifblim. Although no charizard, she keeps a decent speed going.

"Uh, hey, shouldn't we be around the area I told you about?" I complain. "What's going on?"

" H E H E H E . . . "

"Let me down!" I begin to complain, thrashing a bit. I'm getting nervous. Chula can't save me up here. "Oh, geez. You don't know where you're going, do you? Ugh, where's staryu when I need it..."

I give up and just let her have her way. We drift for something like a few hours, I don't know exactly, as I lose track of time. Eventually, we land in a big city lit up with all sorts of lights.

"....seriously, where the fuck are we!?" I yell, taking a moment to punch drifblim, who responds by snickering once more. Drifblim...she really does live up to her name. "Nimbasa City? We're in UNOVA!? Oh, that fucking does it, you're going back in your ball, you little troublemaker." Drifblim pouts as I return her to her moon ball. Though, in truth, I am not completely mad. Nimbasa City is great. All sorts of things to do....things that I only have so much time for, being in a bigger hurry than ever now to find that victini. I briefly stop by the amusement park and go on the ferris wheel with Chula. He seems to quite like the ride, as well as the cotton candy I bought him.

My short break over, I head south, hoping to find a reliable flying-type in the desert. Passing through join avenue, I see a stand titled "Fossils". Walking over to the lady running it, I take a look at what she has for sale.

"Cover fossil and...plume fossil? The plume fossil revives into a flying-type, right?" I ask.

"Indeed! Archeops, ancient terror of the land and sky!" she advertises. "You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough pokedollars." I hand over the 10,000 pokedollars she asked for.

"Cool. So, uh, where do I revive this thing?" I ask

"Uh...what? Oh, right, reviving the fossil! I think there's somewhere you can do that, in unova, but I don't know wh--"

" . . . C A S T E L I A . "

"....I thought I told you to stay in your ball, drifblim." I snap at the blimp pokemon. "Uh...how do you even know what castelia city is? Is that where the fossil restoration center is?" I look at the lady. She shrugs.

"How helpful. I'm beginning to wonder if you were a trustworthy person to buy overpriced rocks from..." I complain. "It's the biggest city in the region, so I guess it's worth a shot."

" R I D E . . . ? " asks drifblim

"Are you kidding me? No. You're lucky I haven't given you a proper punishment. I got a map back in nimbasa, so I'll just ride my bike." I say, pulling my mach bike out of my purse's hammerspace.

OOC: that got a bit longer than my usual length, so I thought it might be best to put in in spoiler tags?

Last edited:
Somewhat later, a figure appeared on the horizon past the Hano Grand Resort. As it neared the shore, the figure became distinct as it split into 3, individually identifiable as Solo, Drei, and Yamato. As the final Ice Beam formed a path to the beach, Solo broke into a sprint as he bolted up the beach and down the road as he desperately attempted to search for a Pokemon Centre to make absolutely certain that Burse would be ok. This left both Yamato and Drei alone as they approached the beach at a closer to normal pace. It is at this point that a certain young man named Max looked up from his sunbathing, as he noticed the Pokemon now moving on to the beach.
"Is that a...." he said as he lifted his sunglasses. This got Yamato's attention, he looked over and recognised the 4 Pokemon who were with him a Sceptile, Luxray, Hydreigon and Greninja, originally doing their own things some distance away, but now all also looking over at the Legendary Pokemon who had just casually wandered onto the beach.
"Wait... I know you four." Yamato said.
"Are you familiar with these individuals?" Drei asked in its robotic monotone.
"Yeah, I met them not too long ago. Didn't actually expect to run into them again so soon."
"Oh, yeeeaaaaahhh, you were, what was it... Yatsuki?" Hydreigon said as he floated over.
"Yamato." The Pokemon is question replied, somewhat irritably.
"Hey, where are the other two you were with? That Riolu and the Charmander kid?" Greninja asked.
"Oh, they ran past a few minutes ago. The kid fell into the ocean and he's rushing him to the Pokemon Centre."
"And you don't want to make sure they get there ok?" Luxray asked, somewhat confused by Yamato's rather lax response to the situation.
"Yyyyyyyyeah, I think he needs his space right now." Yamato said as he thought back to Solo's generally prickly demeanour on the ice path. As this entire conversation was occurring entirely in Pokemon-ese, Max was left just sitting on his chair, thoroughly confused as to why his Pokemon were just casually chatting with a Lucario who had walked onto the beach with a freaking Regice!
"What is going on here?" He wondered aloud.
"Hmm? Oh, hang on. That better?" Yamato asked as he switched from verbal speaking to a sort of group telepathy. It was a strain, but he should be able to keep it up for the conversation.
"And now you're in my head." Max said, more as a statement of fact than in any real disbelief. "So, what's going on here?"
"Oh, Max, this is Yamaki." *Deathglare from Yamato* "You've... met." Hydreigon said through the telepathic network.
"Now that you mention it, he does feel familiar..." Yamato said.
"You know, you tried to knock him out, we stopped you."
"OH! You're the Greninja! See you managed to get that thing out of your head." Yamato said as he walked up to Max and rapped on his head playfully.
"Uhh, yeah." He said a bit somberly, but quickly bounced back. "So, no-one's explained to me why you showed up with a Regice."
"Oh, Solo caught him at the Snowpoint Temple, he named him Drei."
"I get it!" Sceptile said.
"What?" Luxray asked, confused.
"He's a Regice, made of ice? Drei? Dry ice?" He said with a grin.
"Oh sweet Arceus I hope that wasn't his thought process going into that one." Luxray moaned, holding his paw to his face.
"Wait, so you two have a trainer? Where is he?" Max asked, apparently having not seen the young man run past clutching the Charmander.
"He's probably at the Pokemon Centre by now. We were about to grab that shiny Victini the Golisopod was carrying back at the tree when we got thrown off the boat. A Charmander wound up underwater and he needs to make sure he's ok." Yamato explained.
"Shiny Victini?" Max asked.
"Yeah, that's right."
"You want my advice? Just give up and leave it. Bad things happen to people who go after that Pokemon." This made the entire group go silent for a moment. Max's Pokemon knew exactly what he was talking about, and Yamato was just taken aback by the sudden shift in Max's mood at the mention of the off coloured Mythical.
"Uhh, look, we should probably get going, let you guys get back to your fun. Come on Drei." Yamato said as he walked off in the direction Solo had gone, Max's words still echoing in his mind.

The nurse at the counter jumped a little bit as Solo burst into the Heahea Pokemon Centre.
"Please, you've got to take a look at him, make sure he's ok!" He said as he placed Burse on the counter, exhausted. The little reptile was curled into a tight ball and his tail was still burning incredibly low.
"Oh my goodness. We'll take care of him right away." She said as she pressed a button behind the counter, causing a Chansey to rush out with a stretcher. "Please, take a seat. We'll take good care of him." She said in a reassuring tone as she placed Burse on the stretcher, walking into another room with the Chansey.

Last edited:
After a nice rest, Eden, the hacker, and Ditto-nator, now freshly awake, rise out and, after Eden reorganizes their Pokemon within the Storage System (now with Clyde the Golisopod in tow), went out and headed for the same KO facility again. But this time, there was a bunch of thugs and gang members crowding the area with lots of shouting and hollering from within the entrance. Equipment was getting looted out from the area, indicating that there's a robbery going on. "Urrrrrrgh... WHAT NOW?!" roared the infuriated Ditto-nator. "Ack. That can't be good......" muttered Eden as a bunch of thugs who noticed the witnesses then unleashed a group of Lycanroc, Manectric and Mightyena. Eden retaliates then pulled out a Quick Ball and a Great Ball, unleashing Kazbiel and Clyde, "Alright, you too, there's a robbery goin' on, I want you two to just handle the little suckers, 'kay. Alright, Clydey, no more beatin' up lil' Ditto-nator, okay?~" The Golisopod can only sigh in reluctance as he knows now that he's currently affiliated with the malevolent Ditto-nator via proxy, yet couldn't do anything about it at the moment, then goes on to fight against the robbers' Pokemon. The hacker joins the fight as he sends out his Porygon Z and his Genesect. After a grueling fight against hordes of trainers, the path was cleared, albeit with tons of unconscious Pokemon and trainers piling around the area. The Ditto-nator briefly glimpses at the marauders, noticing that one of the marauders seems familiar, before the trio then entered the facility that has now been littered with broken windows, some shattered equipment and bottles, and shards.

---

The Black Mareep commander sent out a Mantine that saves them from plummeting into the sea. Witnessing the suspicious Celesteela, he then speaks calmly into a handheld transceiver. "UB-04M Blaster spotted. Deployment of Air Force and Trainer personnel with Fire, Flying, or Electric types suggested."

Last edited:
A tall figure in a blue suit suddenly rushed out of an elevator from the back of the lobby; Kornelius Ozwald. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What is this?!"
"Psst, it is the smiley stupid man from commercial," Ditto-nator whispers into the disabled hacker's ear. "Ask him for the strength enhancements!"
"We, uh, came in on a robbery, sir," the hacker answers, ignoring Ditto-nator.
"We were a bit late stopping them," Eden sighs.
"You subdued these burglars? I suppose I should be thanking you nice young people, then!" the bespectacled businessman exclaims. "Did you want something from the store?"
"Actually, yeah..." the hacker replies, grabbing Ditto-nator under his arms. "My weak little Ditto-Nate here has always dreamed of growing up to be at least somewhat competitively viable. It would do his pink, blobby heart wonders if he could just sample some of your company's Pokémon strength boosters...pretty please?"
"Certainly," Mr. Ozwald answers with a nod. "I'll get you a package on the house!"
As Kornelius turns and walks away to grab something, Ditto-nator slaps the hacker on the wrist and drops to the floor. "Do not treat me like your pet!" he snaps.
As the police arrest the beaten down thugs and some KO Industries workers clean up the mess in the lobby, Kornelius returns to the hacker, Eden, and Ditto-nator with a "Deluxe Super Strength Kit," full of different bottles containing pills, powders and drinks. He hands it to the hacker. "Here you go," he says. "Use it well!"
As Kornelius walks off, a wicked grin forms on Ditto-nator's face. "Finally," he murmurs, "with these, I can return to full strength and assert my rightful..." before he can continue his monologue, a horde of reporters barge into the scene, thrusting microphones at the group and rattling off questions about the incident.
"Who are you young heroes?" "How does it feel to have saved KO Industries?" "How and why did you show up to stop those thugs just in time?"
Ditto-nator abruptly zips his lips, while Eden and the hacker try to make it through the tidal wave of news crews alive.

Later, Wolfrick and his thuggish associates are surprised to learn that their bail's been paid. A warden escorts Wolf out of the jail and to an obscure door in an alley. The gang leader is led through the door, and takes a seat in front of a mysterious figure. "Where the hell am I, and whaddya want?" Wolfrick hollers.
The shadowy figure clasps their hands and replies, "The real question, I think, is 'What do you want?' Is it power? I can help you attain it."

Having managed to dodge the storm of questions, the hacker's group takes a rest at a secluded bench under a bridge. Ditto-nator is far from relaxed, though. Having opened the package from KO Industries, the Ditto greedily dumps one of the containers of nutritional powder into one of the health drinks, and washes down a big handful of pills with the concoction. Ditto-nator swallows noisily, smacking his lips. He waits.
After a somewhat long pause, the hacker finally breaks the silence. "Well?"
"NOTHING!" Ditto-nator yells, swiping the rest of the package to the ground in a rage. "I feel nothing!!! No power! It is a corporate sham; their product is no better than your average, over-the-counter supplements from department store." Ditto-nator briefly spies some familiar posters in the distance, then gets an idea. "Come back this way. We are going to file complaint with smiley stupid man himself."

Eden, who has the ability to judge both EVs and IVs, tries to calm down the Ditto, who was slithering in a huff to complain. "Hey, at least it worked on a stat based perspective; you literally gained 252 EVs on both Attack and Speed. I haven't seen any other method of training like tha-" "I don't care! I DON'T CARE! I! DON'T! CARE!! ABOUT THESE STUPID 'EEVEES' YOU ARE BLABBERING ABOUT! ALL I CARE ABOUT IS GETTING MY SUPER-GENETIC POWER BACK, GETTING THIS LOATHSOME DEVICE OFF OF MY BACK, AND GETTING THAT SHINY VICTINI BACK, FOR MY MAGNUM OPUS! THE ONLY WAY I COULD EVER, EVER EXPRESS MY HATRED AND INFERNAL RAGE IS TO JUST COMPLAIN TO SOME CORPORATE SCAM, AND-" The Ditto-nator was suddenly silenced at the sudden appearance of Mr. Ozwald himself, who secretly eavesdropped and stared after hearing Ditto-nator shouted "NOTHING!" after consuming the products that were gifted to the trio. "A-a shiny Victini.... You say...?" The man chuckled in a relatively ungentlemanly manner, before continuing, "Alright, I'll cut to the chase. First off, I'm dearly sorry to you-erm, unique Ditto who somehow can talk. Second, about this Victini.... that you've mentioned. If the way you phrased your sentenced was any indication, you might've possessed a Shiny Victini, at least before then?" Eden and the hacker nodded, "Ah, hmm, how did you lose it?" "Well, there was someone out there that ambushed us when we were flying. Whoever it was must've had a really good aim with using Sheer Cold, twice even. Thankfully a few folks back at Humilau saved our lives, but the Victini was gone. Our initial destination was at Realgam Tower before that happened. Oh well." "Hm...."

Last edited:
I arrive at castelia city to see a horde of thugs running from a building

"What the..." I say, scratching my head. "KO Industries...? Huh. I had nearly forgotten the name of the place I was working for." I see a man in a blue suit walking away from the scene. Mr. Ozwald? I decide to follow him.

Making sure he does not know I am following him, he takes me to the underside of a bridge. Darting out of sight, I eavesdrop on the conversation he seems to be having with two people and a ditto. I overhear them talking about the shiny victini....so, these are fellow shiny victini hunters? And that ditto...it can talk?

Walking away from the scene slightly, I take out my phone and dial the phone number on the business card he gave me. Sure enough, I hear a phone under the bridge ringing.

"Hello? Kornelius Ozwald speaking, who is this?" he asks.

"Hello, Ozwald. This is Naya, that pink haired girl you inquired about the shiny victini earlier." I say. "I think you'll be happy to know I have a serious lead."

"W-what? The vic--err...." he pauses to talk to Eden, Ditto-nator, and the hacker. "Excuse me, young people, and ditto, but something important has come up. If you need me, here's my card. I'll also be in my office today. Probably. I'm a very busy man, you know." He hands eden a business card, immediately returning to his phone call and walking off. "Yes, miss, what have you learned about the matter since we last had the pleasure of speaking?"

"Well, I need to talk to you in person. Can you meet me at the fossil restoration center in four hours?" I say.

"Fossil restoration center...? Do you mean that museum in nacrene city? Certainly, I'll meet you there in four hours sharp." he says, hanging up the phone, proceeding to dial someone else....

"Hehe. So that's where it is...that silly drifblim, why did she even want to come here?" I complain to chula, having once again returned the disobedient drifblim to her moon ball. Chula briefly pauses from raiding a trashcan on the side of the road to shrug at me. Coming out from my hiding spot, I walk under the bridge to greet the group.

"So, you three are looking for the victini too, huh? I could really use your help." I say, briefly glancing at all three of them before turning to ditto-nator. "Your species is capable of transforming into any pokemon species, correct? Well, if you can do that for me tonight, I might be able to locate our prize...." I say, naturally assuming the blob is currently capable of transformation. Looking around, I see a golisopod standing in a secluded corder that I had not noticed before.

"Is that mega's..." I mumble to myself. "Hmm...I don't really care, but it'll certainly be fun to see what happens when he finds out what's going on."

Last edited:
Later, after Yamato had wandered the streets of Heahea for a while, thinking about what Max had said (he'd attracted several stares, but that was to be expected, he was walking around with a Regice after all), he finally made his way into the Pokemon Centre. After looking around for a moment, he spotted Solo sitting at a table with a mug of Tapu Cocoa in his hands as he waited for word from the nurse.
"Hey, you ok?" He asked as he sat down next to him.
"Hmm, oh, yeah. Nurses say he's fine, just waiting for him to wake up." Solo said with an indecipherable expression (and aura, odd as that was) about him. At his words (almost as though it were some sort of conveniently timed narrative), a door to the back opened and the nurse from before wheeled the little Charmander in question out on a stretcher. "Burse!" He shouted and ran up to grab the Charmander in a hug.
"Poor little thing was just exhausted." She said with a smile as she watched the reunion. "He should be fine with a little rest." She then returned to her spot behind the counter.
"Hey, pal, I got something for ya." Solo said as he pulled something out of his pocket. "This is called a Pokeball. I'm not gonna make you stay in it, but it's to make sure I can keep you safe if anything ever happens again." He said as he tapped the ball to Burse's head, catching him, and letting him out again.
"So he admits that things are going to get dangerous again..." Yamato thought to himself as he watched the scene play out. "Is he really going to be able to keep him safe?"

"I cannot transform," Ditto-nator grumpily admits to Naya, "not with this wretched torture device attached to me. If only someone could actually hack into the controls and free me, I could at least do what any Ditto should be able to do."
"But I guess we could help in any way possible," adds the hacker. "We're after the Victini, too."

Meanwhile, a battle erupts over the skies of Kalos as several Black Mareep Corporation helicopters ambush the Celesteela. The Black Mareep workers send out teams of Vikavolt, Magneton and Lampent to barrage the Ultra Beast with super effective moves. Celesteela attempts to roast some of the Vikavolt and Magneton with its thrusters, but a pair of Flash Fire Lampent absorb the flames and begin to turn them against Celesteela. Just when all seems lost for the UB, I ride in on my Sigilyph, speed boosted by Tailwind. In one fell swoop, I tap my Celesteela with a new Beast Ball to send it inside while grabbing the shiny Victini, then make my escape. Sigilyph stops to send a Whirlwind at the Black Mareep helicopters and Pokémon and impede their efforts to follow us. Once alone, I land safely in Lumiose City, thanking my Sigilyph and Celesteela for both being so helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom