• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Card Mafia; Well. That was anticlimactic. I was so hoping for cake at the end of day 4. [ENDGAME]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Anyway sorry but I expected somewhat more regular balance and Dylan giving you an evil-ish Kingmaker role you wouldn't reveal so I went for your death...

For a bastard game this was good, gotta admit :D

boring ending, but it's not like my softclaim was completely ignored and the only chance was if I'd successfully (fake)claimed and drawn the kill.....
huh, wait

at least it wouldn't have mattered anyway, Eresh looked the best at the end tbh

I thought that if somehow the game wouldn't be over after Darth's death, one of Cheff or Eresh had to be lying. But I wouldn't say so to avoid them not helping me lynch Darth. Eresh did indeed do her thing, the whole case on me was constructed by scum.

Anyway, the combo of no roleclaims and tie = all lynches made the bastardness of this game particularly interesting. For a bastard it was nice :D

In fact I'm not even sure how Sasquatch can be triggered when No Lynch isn't an option either. Thought there had to be Lynchproof roles or something.
@SoaringLooker can you explain this?
Besides a small mod error on my part I might've forgotten about the tie vote :X
Yet, it was possible; If nobody voted. Which actually balance out the 4 possible mafia

I had fun with it!

I chose Godfather because, for once, I wanted to be scum. From that point on, it was a simple matter of seeming not worth investigating.

And the reason I misvoted during the last day phase? I couldn't sacrifice Skullcrow. I thought Cheff might have received a Bulletproof gift and Pika had been too inactive to tell what way Pika was going, so I knew that I was likely operating without a safety net. So my plan was to shoot Cheff, get Skullcrow and possibly Cheff to lynch Pika, then shoot Cheff again. But for this to work, I needed Skullcrow. I seriously didn't think I could convince Cheff of Pika's guilt without some help.

And then Skullcrow went and committed suicide on me and I was forced to pray Cheff wasn't bulletproof.

That was a good place to hide. I was tempted at one point to frame Zexy for your death, but then Zexy focused on a different target XD

My plan to shoot you was before Jack managed to get Modkilled and Mafiakilled XD

I would have, but Zexy was bulletproof, so I needed a lynch. Unfortunately... I had to sacrifice someone to get it.

Zexy thought you were scummy, and you're adorable in how you act at times, so you made a good option.

And then Zexy suspected Jack, so I shot Jack, only for Jack to also earn a Modkill. Which was sad... if I had known that would come, I could have eliminated someone else. But, I would say it worked out well for me :p

Okay, now it's my turn ;)

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for playing my somewhat basterdous game but let me first clear some things up
  • Only the BFF's were handpicked, and it was randomized whom of the two got which. This was so Darth & Cheff couldn't OOC if they decided to pick this role ;)
  • All other roles were NOT handpicked, even though ya'll thought they were.
  • At the beginning I said, and I quote:
    I said:
    Note: There’ll always be at least 1 evil person in the game.
    Evil in this case could lead to either Scum or an Evil Neutral, not just 2 scum.
  • It was pure coincidence that there were 2 people with 2x scum cards.

Now we got some notes out of the way let me actually start explaining and talking about stuff =)

First and foremost, I have made a few mistakes in this game, not update wise but decisions on game mechanics wise.
Originally this game comes from my old Forum, here we had it in an open setup, where everyone knew all the cards and what was discarded. You were freely allowed to claim what you have and what you threw away.
Here on BMGf we don't see a lot of open setups, so I decided to go with a semi-open setup, and for some bizarre reason I had decided we can't role claim, I think it must've been some of ME's crazyness dripping off on me...

To make the game more balanced I should've just allowed claiming with the semi-open setup. It would've brought more fun on the table and it would've been better for scum hunting purposes.

Now for balance in the roles... Well, besides the amount of T/M/I I didn't decide the roles at all, as that is the nature of card mafia! In card mafia all roles are randomized from the mafia universe wiki. Because of this I think the setup was quite balanced role wise. I only had to make one change, the Godfather Ereshkigal had also had the Ancient Modifier. Which made it possible for the mafia to win D1 as there were no evil indeps randomized.

Now if I run a next version of this I'll definitely change up the rules so you are allowed to roleclaim, and I might handpick the setup or at least give my self some more influence as to balance it out a little more.

If everyone would be so friendly to fill in the following questions it would be appreciated!
Code:
[QUOTE]What did you think of the game's special mechanics?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--

[QUOTE]What did you think of the games balance?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--

[QUOTE]What would you change about the game if you could for a next iteration?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--

[QUOTE]Do you think Flavor text would increase the quality of this game?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--

[QUOTE]Would you signup for "CardMafia II Return of the Duelists"?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--

And again, thanks everyone for playing! =)

If everyone would be so friendly to fill in the following questions it would be appreciated!
Code:
[QUOTE]What did you think of the game's special mechanics?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--
The special mechanics of Card Mafia were really interesting.

[QUOTE]What did you think of the games balance?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--
A bit unbalanced but considering it was kinda bastard, that's fine.

[QUOTE]What would you change about the game if you could for a next iteration?[/QUOTE]
-ANSWER-
Not much really. Just the things u already mentioned.

[QUOTE]Do you think Flavor text would increase the quality of this game?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--
Yes surely. Considering u had ME as ur partner, the FT would have been awesome and would have added to the value of the game.

[QUOTE]Would you signup for "CardMafia II Return of the Duelists"?[/QUOTE]
--ANSWER--
Yes. Tell me when to join.

And again, thanks everyone for playing! =)

Also, I really loved my role. Thanks for hosting. Had a lot of fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom