• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network has uploaded 97 original series episodes to thier website...

Blue_Drifblim

Reaction score
Yep, Cartoon Network has just uploaded 97 episodes from the original series, spanning all the way from episode 1 to episode 105(Charizard Chills), to their website.

Enjoy.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/pokemon/index.html

Note: Click under "Full Episodes" to see the list. A few episodes aren't there (not sure which ones aren't there, but yeah, 97 have been uploaded). Also, as usual, Saturday's new episode of Galactic Battles has been uploaded too.

Last edited:
I've owned those eps on DVD for a long time, but cool for the people who haven't seen it in awhile I suppose.

Wow, Holiday Hi-Jynx is there. That is definitely not one of the ones i expected to see. Anyone else surprised by that?

That's cool. Nice that today's youngings without the DVDs get to see some of the older episodes. Although for me, at least, CN's new video site is ridiculously slow and glitchy at the moment... :/ Can anyone who isn't having problems with it tell how long these episode will be up, if not indefinitely?

Also, for selfish reasons, got to wish they uplodaded sesons 3-4, not 1-2. Still have yet to finish off JLC and catch every dub episode. :p Maybe someday!

That's not just "original series", it's the first two seasons... that's why it ends with "Charizard Chills" which by the official real numbering is ep 104 and not 105
I know that doesn't really matter, just wanted to say that
I guess their site only allow people from the US to watch so that won't really help me... but I guess I can watch these eps anyway on other sites if I'll want...

Wow. I certainly wasn't expecting this considering how they've treated the show lately, but it's great how everyone can watch some older episodes again.

I guess their site only allow people from the US to watch so that won't really help me... but I guess I can watch these eps anyway on other sites if I'll want...

Snake Bandage said she was able to get them to work, so you should be able to as well.

Snake Bandage said she was able to get them to work, so you should be able to as well.

I tried and all I get to see is the commercials at the beginning... it just stops after that
Maybe there's a way to make it think you're from the US or something... I don't know

Did they just rename the orange islands to Adventures on the Orange Islands? GAH!

They're stretching the video out...

1etkxl.jpg

Did they just rename the orange islands to Adventures on the Orange Islands? GAH!

I've got the first run of Orange Islands DVDs on my shelf (when they were single DVDs and not a boxset). They're all labeled "Adventures in the Orange Islands". I think it's always been that way.

Oh. I wonder why the title was never like that originally.*shrugs*

1etkxl.jpg

Hahaha. That Pokeball is a little slow.

And whether its 'Orange Islands' or 'Something-Something Orange Islands', the fact remains that... they're still the Orange Islands.

That's not just "original series", it's the first two seasons... that's why it ends with "Charizard Chills" which by the official real numbering is ep 104 and not 105
I know that doesn't really matter, just wanted to say that

Huh? The first two seasons are a part of the original series.

I'm just going by Original Series = everything before Advanced Generation. (Bulbapedia seems to agree)

But like you said, it doesn't matter.

Edit: Let me re-word this... XD

1etkxl.jpg

Yeah, I know. It's very irritating... I don't even know why they do that, to be honest. Some of their other 4:3 shows aren't stretched, so I don't know why they can't do the same with Pokemon.

Last edited:
Either way, the first two seasons are still part of the original series.

I know, I'm just crazy like that and prefer people to understand how the real official (English and most of the world) seasons go (52 eps) instead of act like season 1 is "Indigo/Kanto", etc... just had to post about it XD (I guess it'll also help people to realize why the rest of Orange isn't up there, because it's in season 3)

Anyway... WTF about that screen shot! XD if that's the case, maybe it's better it didn't work for me... there are other places to watch/download the English version and it'll actually be watch-able

I know, I'm just crazy like that and prefer people to understand how the real official (English and most of the world) seasons go (52 eps) instead of act like season 1 is "indigo/Kanto", etc... just had to post about it XD (I guess it'll also help people to realize why the rest of Orange isn't up there, because it's in season 3)

Ahh..... Ok. Gotcha. XD

This is interesting. I never knew that they uploaded any episodes of the series on their site. I hate to admit it but I guess I did overreact at the whole cropping issue, since apparently their online episodes are in widescreen. Cool stuff!

By the way, does anyone else find it kind of ironic that when you play the new D&P episode you have to watch a commercial for Bakugan?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom