• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network is airing Season 3 on May 27th!

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
For anyone who wants to see the 4Kids dub again, or anyone who wants to see old episodes that you've missed, you'll be glad to know that Cartoon Network will be airing episodes from Season 3.

The first episode, "The Pokemon Water War" airs on May 27th at 6:30 AM (Eastern).

And my source for this is CN's site, of course. ^^

http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/xmlServices/ScheduleServices?methodName=mainSchedule

Anyway, I'm so glad that CN is airing the 4Kids dub again! I really miss watching my weekday reruns on TV (and I don't watch reruns of D/P, so I haven't seen any old episodes in a long time).

Also, I don't have this season on DVD, so it's a very good thing that CN is airing these episodes. And personally, I can't wait for May 27th! ^_^
Yay! We get to see the 4Kids dub on TV again!!!! :-D

Last edited:
6:30am? -_-

I already have the Orange Islands on DVD, I'd rather just watch them when I have the free time than get up that early.

Yeah, apparently, they're just sticking reruns of the 4Kids dub in the same timeslot where D/P (Season 10) used to be.

They really should've put Season 3 in an afternoon timeslot, in my opinion. More people would be able to watch the episodes.

What's the deal with CN putting Pokemon on at 6:30 AM, anyway? Most people are either asleep or going to school at that time....

As for me, I'll wake up at that time anyway. It doesn't matter to me that I've already seen these episodes before, afterall, I'm a rerun fanatic when it comes to Pokemon. Hehe. XD

yeah, i heard they were airing the Orange Islands...i kinda wish they were starting from the beggining, though...and airing them in the afternoon DOES seem like a better idea...*shrug* eh, i dunno. i stopped trying to figure out CN months ago.

Thanks for the info! Hooray for DVRs. I get to watch it when I get home, and blast through the CN commercials which I can't stand.

You're welcome!

I was happy to announce this. ^_^

Yay for good news!! XD

Speaking of which, the end of May is gonna be an awesome time for Pokemon fans. CN is airing the 4Kids dub again, The Rise of Darkrai is being released on DVD (the same day as well!), and of course there's the upcoming Darkrai event at Toys R Us.

Given the fact that I refuse to watch the current series this is excellent news even if the reruns are going to air at 3:30 AM Pacific. And don't even bother trying to figure out Cartoon Network, they are more messed up than any other broadcast or cable channel in the world.

So let me get this straight... A channel is airing episodes from a million billion years ago.

I don't see how it warrants a thread. Nor what dubbing company made it.

Many people actually DO care about the original series, that is why this event is worth a thread.

And don't even bother trying to figure out Cartoon Network, they are more messed up than any other broadcast or cable channel in the world.

That's not even close to being the truth.

People shouldn't get too excited about this as they're only doing this to promote the DVDs. After a month or so they'll just go back to DP reruns.

Many people actually DO care about the original series, that is why this event is worth a thread.

"Original series"? It's still the same cartoon it always was >_>.

It's nice that they're airing old episodes, but promoting how it's "4kids dub" is just plain silly.

not really, the original generation is considered to be seasons 1-5 advanced generation seasons 6-9 and diamond and pearl 10 through the present. The promotion about it being the 4Kids dub is a bit silly, I will agree with you on that but the person who started this thread is an active member of SOVA so that is a big reason why the fact that this is the 4Kids dub was promoted.

It's nice that they're airing old episodes, but promoting how it's "4kids dub" is just plain silly.
Well, would you have preferred if I kept calling it "Seasons 1 through 8" each time, instead of using the shorter term "4Kids dub"?

To be honest, that would be pretty difficult to say each time, when I want to refer to something from the those seasons.

Anyway, I didn't see a problem with calling it the 4Kids dub, especially since it was dubbed by them in the first place. I was NOT trying to say anything bad about the Pokemon USA dub whatsoever, even though it may have looked like it. Still, people who know me well (and most of you do), know that I watch the Pokemon USA dub too, despite my feelings about the VAs.

Besides, all I really meant was that CN hasn't shown these older seasons in a long time. That's one of the reasons why I was excited to find out that they're airing Season 3.

Oh, and by the way, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone complain about the title of a thread. ^^;

But seeing as how it's that big of a deal (apparently), I'll change "4Kids dub" to the more specific term, Season 3.

People shouldn't get too excited about this as they're only doing this to promote the DVDs. After a month or so they'll just go back to DP reruns.
Huh? But there aren't any DVDs of Johto Journeys! This season hasn't been released yet!

Has it? O_O (and also, how do you know they're gonna go back to airing D/P reruns?)

Well, personally, I don't see why CN would change their schedule to air old episodes from Season 3 and go through all that trouble, only to start airing D/P reruns again a month later....

That would make airing old episodes again rather pointless. And come to think of it, a better reason would be, that they're airing these episodes in honor of Pokemon Puzzle League being released on the Virtual Console. At least, that reason makes more sense to me anyway.

Last edited:
Huh? But there aren't any DVDs of Johto Journeys! This season hasn't been released yet!

Isn't it just Orange Island episodes? I thought that's all they were airing.

(and also, how do you know they're gonna go back to airing D/P reruns?)

I don't know for sure, but CN only seemed to air older episodes last time to promote the Kanto DVD sets.

I just don't want people to get too excited, then complain when CN pulls the old episodes like last time.

Let them get excited. Who cares? I'm happy that CN is airing the old episodes too. I also agree with what nickstr is saying. I also don't like DP So for me having the old episodes air again is great. If they pull them out later, then oh well, we saw it coming. No big shock

I don't know for sure, but CN only seemed to air older episodes last time to promote the Kanto DVD sets.
Oh, I see....

I didn't notice that. o.o

I just don't want people to get too excited, then complain when CN pulls the old episodes like last time.
Oh, don't worry.

I won't complain if CN takes the episodes away. I know that CN can be very unpredictable sometimes. So I'll be prepared for anything CN throws my way. ^^

Isn't it just Orange Island episodes? I thought that's all they were airing.
Well, I remember someone on here saying that TV networks like CN always order episodes in seasons. So, the episode "The Pokemon Water War" is technically the start of Season 3 (which consists of 12 episodes from Orange Islands and the rest are Johto Journeys episodes).

And I know, the way seasons are divided can be kind of confusing with some episodes taking place in one Pokemon region (Kanto, Orange Islands, etc) then overlapping into another region. That's why I usually determine seasons by the openings. It's just easier.

Last edited:
Oh, don't worry.

I won't complain if CN takes the episodes away. I know that CN can be very unpredictable sometimes. So I'll be prepared for anything CN throws my way. ^^
Exactly Lisa, I'll be prepared. I also really look at the openings also :p

PokemonTrainerLisa said:

Really?

And I know, the way seasons are divided can be kind of confusing with some episodes taking place in one Pokemon region (Kanto, Orange Islands, etc) then overlapping into another region. That's why I usually determine seasons by the openings. It's just easier.

You know what else is easy?

Counting to 52.

Oh, so they have individual DVDs for Johto Journeys? That's cool!

However, when those episodes were first released, I remember how some stores around here carried the Johto VHS tapes. But sadly, I've never seen Johto DVDs in my area before. =(

Anyway, I was mainly talking about boxsets for Johto Journeys. Because that's what I've been waiting for all this time. ^^;

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom