• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network "Pokémon Heroes" Review Thread

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Movie 05: "The Water Capitol's Protector Gods, Latias and Latios"
American Movie 05: "Pokémon Heroes"

Cartoon Network, 11:00am
The final movie to premiere on Cartoon Network has finally arrived! When famous thieves Annie and Oakley threaten to capture the protectors of Alto Mare, it's up to Ash and his friends to protect them! Can they prevent the evil duo from having their way with the citizens of the watery city?

The network has only given an hour and a half for the movie, which makes it unlikely that they'll air the "Camp Pikachu" short with it.

Heroes is a decent Pokemon movie. Much better than the 4th anyway but not as well dubbed as the 6th.

I LOVE the music in it though. They did a fantastic job with the classical touch for the Venitian style as well as the great inclusion of a Master Quest remix and the Pokemon Live Finale.

The movie has too many niggles to be considered great though. Dubbed or Raw, it's still flawed.

The best part of this movie was Annie and Oakley running around with tight leather clothes. They were good villains, hope we see them again.

Funny how the dub made them Rocket Members. Guess 4kids wanted the villains to all be connected to Giovanni eh?

Well, they did look and act like Rocket Members and it was a good idea to show them as competent Rockets too. Butch and Cassidy's status as that has been washed down the loo completely.

...Question time. Exactly what is the title of the techno song playing in the tunnel scene, and where can I get myself a copy of it?

Nekusagi-chan, are you talking about the scene when Latios and Latias use Sight Sharing for the first time, when Latios is in that underwater tunnel?

That song's called "Secret Garden".

It's one of my favorite songs from the movie.

And actually, I have that song and a bunch of other songs from Pokemon Heroes.

I downloaded them all from this site (you have to use the password and username on the main page in order to download songs from there):

www.pokemon-music.net

Last edited:
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Nekusagi-chan, are you talking about the scene when Latios and Latias use Sight Sharing for the first time, when Latios is in that underwater tunnel?

That song's called "Secret Garden".

It's one of my favorite songs from the movie.

And actually, I have that song and a bunch of other songs from Pokemon Heroes.

I downoaded them all from this site (you have to use the password and username on the main page in order to download songs from there):

www.pokemon-music.net
That's actual dub music? Man, but that's hardcore techno... pretty weird considering that they usually stick to normal, safe pop.

That's cool.

And I don't know anything about genres of music or anything.

I always tend to like all of the dub's music for some reason (lol).

I believe the entire 5th Movie soundtrack was left intact bar the opening and credits.

Yeah, "Secret Garden" is in the Japanese soundtrack as well.

The fifth movie is still my favorite Pocket Monsters movie, and it's a shame that it got treated the way it did. Everyone complains about how badly "Mewtwo Strikes Back" was dubbed, but I think this movie had more alterations than the first movie did.

Wow.

That's interesting, Dogasu.

Anyway, about Pokemon Heroes, that's actually my second favorite Pokemon movie (second to Pokemon The Movie 2000).

I just really like the story and everything, and I think it's great.

And it has great music too.

I liked how they put all those Pokemon songs from different soundtracks in the background, during the credits. That was cool.

And by the way, you know how on the Pokemon Heroes DVD, it seemed like the coloring of everything was darker than it's supposed to be (the human characters, especially)?

Well, when I watched it on Cartoon Network, I didn't notice the same thing.

I mean, everyone looked like their regular color (they didn't appear to be darker, or anything).

So that was a good thing.

Or, then again, it could've been just me......

Did anyone else notice the color correction?

The colors looked as dark on CN as it did on the DVD. I was hoping they could get a version that wasn't so dark (didn't the U.K. or the Australian DVD not have those color issues?), but we got the muddy American version instead.

Now that's weird......

Maybe there was a color problem with all of the DVDs.

Dogasu said:
The colors looked as dark on CN as it did on the DVD. I was hoping they could get a version that wasn't so dark (didn't the U.K. or the Australian DVD not have those color issues?), but we got the muddy American version instead.
Oh, okay.

Well, I couldn't tell anyway, since I didn't have a way to compare the two versions or anything.

And I guess I was just hoping the problem would be fixed too (it was probably wishful thinking).

Dogasu said:
The fifth movie is still my favorite Pocket Monsters movie

So, how does M8 compare, given the similarity of content? (Or, how do you expect it to compare?)

My DVD of it hasn't arrived yet (I got an e-mail saying it wasn't shipped until the 30th), so I can't compare yet.

Am I the only one who noticed the poor plot movement? It builds up nicely, but then it just collapses once Ash gets to the museum.

That said, it has the best opening so far.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom