• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier in t

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier in the US

In the US, new episodes of the Pokémon anime will air at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time on Cartoon Network, rather than 9:00 a.m. This will begin with the first new episode of 2012, Battle For The Underground!

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier

But...why?

Re: Cartoon Network Pokémon timeslot changed in 2012: Anime to air half hour earlier

Ratings purposes, it appears. I've been following CN's Saturday mornings ratings, and I'm not quite sure what the rest of the lineup will look like, but I have this:

7:30am - Redakai: Conquer the Kairu
8am - Beyblade: Metal Masters
8:30am - Pokémon: Black and White
9am - Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
9:30 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
10am - Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge (?)

On the 7th, 3 new Bakugan episodes will air, but the series is officially over according to Jason Deline (Drago's VA), and after these three, there will be only one episode left, presumably which will air on the 14th.

Anyway, this could be because Redakai isn't doing that well (not poorly though), but encores of Ben 10 and Star Wars have actually beat it sometimes, so they want to put it in a better slot. Redakai is taking the former slot of a Generator Rex rerun (though GR isn't set to air on Saturday morning at all, or at all outside its original Friday night slot).

I don't get Cartoon Network, so I can't watch Pokemon anyway (darn it!), but this is a bit ridiculous!
If you're 5 years old, and still wake up at 6 or 7 in the morning to watch Saturday morning cartoons, fine.
But what about everyone else who likes to sleep in on Saturday?

Mountain Time- 6:30 a.m.

Damn, do you people always have to get up that early to watch Saturday morning cartoons?

I agree with @jokool, it is ridiculous. :/ If I had DVR, I wouldn't mind, but since I don't...

Why on Earth can't they just decide on a single time slot? I mean...how many years have they been carrying the show now?

Yes. 9:30! I don't need to worry about missing it anymore!

Kyahhh, WHY?! Now I have to wake up earlier! I'm more of a night owl than an early bird...

Mountain Time- 6:30 a.m.

Damn, do you people always have to get up that early to watch Saturday morning cartoons?

That's when it's on here in Australia. Although I just record it and watch it later rather than get up early.

Ehh....good enough for me. Won't have the Pokemon episode run right into breakfast time, therefore not being able to hear the TV. Sucks for Mountain Time though.....

cool! now its not on while I'm at temple! incase i want to watch. it's just not as funny as the classic season 1 (ceaser salad)

Personally, I don't think that the new timeslot is that bad. It's kind of weird, but it makes sense that they would want to put their own shows in a better timeslot in order for those shows to get better ratings since they would make more money off of those shows than Pokemon. Plus, it isn't anywhere near as bad as when they moved DP to 7AM about a year or so ago. It's still a relatively decent timeslot, for Saturday mornings at least, and I can still wake up for the episode, but it helps that I'm more of a morning person.

I think this is just a plot to give the show less ratings, and get it eventually cancelled.

Haha, no.

They're most likely doing this to boost the ratings of the other shows. Pokemon gets good ratings no matter where it's put, but the other shows don't.

Remember, Pokemon isn't airing in a vacuum all by itself. It's a part of a block, and CN, as the network in charge of that block, wants every show on it to prosper. And if shifting a few shows around will help Saturday mornings overall, then they'd be stupid not to shuffle things around.

Besides, doesn't either Cartoon Network or Pokemon.com put the new episodes up online? If you guys can't be bothered to wake up a whole 30 minutes early, why not just check it out online?

Besides, doesn't either Cartoon Network or Pokemon.com put the new episodes up online? If you guys can't be bothered to wake up a whole 30 minutes early, why not just check it out online?

Pokémon.com doesn't. They just have around 8 different episodes from each region (Kanto and Orange and called "Kanto", and it ignores the fact that they leave Hoenn and go to Kanto and just call it "Kanto"), and have none from BW (yet). Cartoon Network, looking at the website, it seems to, but says that the videos are only available in the US.

The times are wrong. If it's on at 8:30 on the west coast (i.e. Pacific time), it will be on at 9:30 in the mountains (i.e. Mountain time). When you change time zones west to east, everything becomes an hour later, and vice-versa for east to west. I know this because I live in the mountains myself.

The times are wrong. If it's on at 8:30 on the west coast (i.e. Pacific time), it will be on at 9:30 in the mountains (i.e. Mountain time). When you change time zones west to east, everything becomes an hour later, and vice-versa for east to west. I know this because I live in the mountains myself.

Well, according to the Cartoon Network online guide new episodes currently air at 7:00 a.m., and since they are moving half and hour earlier, will be on at 6:30.

I wrote the article, but I don't even live in America, so I'm not that familiar with your timezones. However, I just based it off of the Cartoon Network guide, so it should be fine.

SnorlaxMonster said:
Cartoon Network, looking at the website, it seems to, but says that the videos are only available in the US.

Which is fine. The only people who would even be affected by the earlier timeslot live in the U.S. and therefore have access to the videos on CN's website.

People are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I wrote the article, but I don't even live in America, so I'm not that familiar with your timezones.

You couldn't have Googled that information?

Which is fine. The only people who would even be affected by the earlier timeslot live in the U.S. and therefore have access to the videos on CN's website.

People are just complaining for the sake of complaining.
What I meant by that was that I couldn't be certain that they did, not that it mattered in that way.

You couldn't have Googled that information?
I did, which is how I was able to write the article. I even linked to Wikipedia articles on the timezone names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom