• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network's schedule for June unveils new dub episode titles: Postponed XY seri

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Cartoon Network's schedule for June unveils new dub episode titles: Postponed XY series episode ...

The June schedule for Cartoon Network has unveiled four new dub episode titles, including the recently postponed 24th episode of the currently on-going series.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Cartoon Network's schedule for June unveils new dub episode titles: Postponed XY

Will Ash catch a Skrelp? :O

Re: Cartoon Network's schedule for June unveils new dub episode titles: Postponed XY

Are you saying I shouldn't have posted that question? Not sure what your point was, sorry.
My bad... I should have explained it a little.
I meant that you can discuss that topic (whether anyone/he'll capture it or not) in that particular thread, since it is complete speculation at this point.

I certainly did not expect us to get that episode dubbed in-place. I guess this is going to be "Holiday Hi-Jynx" style (where an episode gets skipped in Japan and aired later as a lost episode) rather than "A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition!" style (where the episode gets modified to fit into the timeline later).

About xY24: the only date that TV Tokyo can use to air this episode is 26th June, which goes two days before the intended airdate to the US. If by 28th June, the episode hasn't aired in Japan... don't expect airing in the US or anywhere else.

With this, I'm surprised that "Mega Evolution Act I" is not goung to air between XY21 and XY22 on CN US.

With means that I think (or better said, suspect) that:
-Apparently there's a pact between the TPCi and TPC/OLM to reduce the number of international episodes airing in a year, at least on TV.

Because they can't skip regular episodes for no reason, OLM make specials that 1) won't air internationally or 2) will air only on pokemon.com (the website) to cover those free slots.

This is probably one of the reasons of why the Mega Evolution special exist. Same with the BW specials, Pokemon Origin, the movie getting shorter and airing a short... events that normally only aired on the internet or dont air at all.

Last edited:

This is one of the reasons of why the Mega Evolution special exist. Same with the BW specials, Pokemon origin, the movie getting shorter and airing a short... events that normally only aired on the internet or dont air at all.
You seriously believe that the only reason for all of these things is that TPCi want to air fewer episodes outside Japan? Come on.

This is one of the reasons of why the Mega Evolution special exist. Same with the BW specials, Pokemon origin, the movie getting shorter and airing a short... events that normally only aired on the internet or dont air at all.
You seriously believe that the only reason for all of these things is that TPCi want to air fewer episodes outside Japan? Come on.
No. But for me, it surprises me alot that the MEvolution is not going to air in the US, at least on TV. Specially being that are directedly related to the currently airing series (is canon to the anime), they are promoting MEvolution (a relevant thing in the US).

I find the number of specials that doesn't get properly aired on TV outside Japan so high that I suspect that one of the causes of why these specials exist without Ash and co is reducing the total episodes to air in a year. Of course, the specials are made to celebrate the TV Tokyo 50th anniversary (this is more or less oficial).

I find the number of specials that doesn't get properly aired on TV outside Japan so high that I suspect that one of the causes of why these specials exist without Ash and co is reducing the total episodes to air in a year. Of course, the specials are made to celebrate the TV Tokyo 50th anniversary (this is more or less oficial).
Okay. You did say that it was just one of the reasons, so I shouldn't have misunderstood you. But still, I don't see why they would want to reduce the number of episodes broadcast outside Japan. I personally don't get the logic, as they dub the specials anyway.

I wonder if they scheduled it before knowing the Japanese airing was delayed and will now have to pull it off... it'll be amusing though if it'll air in English first (that never really happened other than the Mirage/MD cases) although I guess it's also possible they'll manage to air it in Japan before the dub gets to it

XY021: A PokéVision of Things to Come!
XY022: Going for the Gold!
XY023: Coming Back for the Gold!
XY024: An Undersea Place to Call Home!

That there aren't a reference of the MEvolution special is weird but I understand. That there's a reference about the skipped episode is pretty rare but maybe CN didn't notice yet that the episode was postponed.

However, giving a title of XY023 being "Coming Back to the Gold" when the episode hasn't had refrences to it is pretty rare.

An the weirdest thing, Toonzone (the wesite that posts things like this) is not reporting the existence of these episodes.

How Adyniz got those episodes?

HUH?!? :eek:

...well don't that beat all? :loopy:

And just hope this doesn't get a rise out of those punks who kept saying "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma" could've (or worse, should've) air outside of Japan :uhoh:. Though I'm pretty sure they've moved on by now

Last edited:

I just want to point out that there's no confirmation that XY024 is going to air in the original order. They're just confirming the fact that a dubbed version will air at some point. They would not air the dubbed version of an episode before airing the original version, especially as they didn't do it with BW037 even though they had the chance.

All I can say right now is that it came from an official source. Not from "an insider" and not from Toonzone.

If they do end up changing the schedule, I have a very solid, authentic and official proof to support the English episode title.
Again, that is all I can say about it right now and I apologize for that.

All I can say right now is that it came from an official source.

I don't think you know what "official" means.

I just want to point out that there's no confirmation that XY024 is going to air in the original order. They're just confirming the fact that a dubbed version will air at some point. They would not air the dubbed version of an episode before airing the original version, especially as they didn't do it with BW037 even though they had the chance.
The only confirmation is that TPCi dubbed XY024.
All I can say right now is that it came from an official source. Not from "an insider" and not from Toonzone.

If they do end up changing the schedule, I have a very solid, authentic and official proof to support the English episode title.
Again, that is all I can say about it right now and I apologize for that.

Last edited:

All I can say right now is that it came from an official source.

I don't think you know what "official" means.
Well, that is your opinion. ;)

N-No?
If you're not allowed to say what this "official source" is, it's an unofficial leak. If this schedule was officially revealed somewhere, you'd source it.

Simply it was that XY023 episode title has no sense to me.
Click here to see pictures from the episodes. Be warned, that it will contain spoilers.
Ah, that one is probably a minor typo... My guess is that it might be Cold, not Gold.

Minor changes in the schedules are pretty common and it has happened in the past on multiple occasions. XY012: Monster was changed to Smuggler, BW050: Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! had "Battle-" in the beginning etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom