• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Cascadia's Recorded History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arid trainer
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Ion Island

Eletron Plant

Rayzen: The first thing that pops into your mind is letting the authorities know just how wildly mistaken they are about this disaster's proportions. A handful of policemen is hardly enough to investigate a full-scale massacre at the archipelago's largest power plant. You have Smartphone record all the images of Camera 17, the one that best displays the magnitude of the situation, and hurry back to the entrance of Eletron Plant. As you return to the main hall with the three doors, something feels even more wrong - a strong smell of ash and smoke fills the room and seems to come from the outside...

The main gate remains wide open and you step back out of the building, but the scene before you is something you didn't expect. Not a single officer can be found in the vicinities! In fact, the only thing noteworthy is a massive patch of pitch-black soil, charred earth all around the Plant's entrance, as if a massive fire or huge bolt of lightning has just struck! The ground is mixed with still-fuming ash, and the silence is deafening - where there once was a huge commotion with policemen running around everywhere, now remains nothing but desolation... What the hell is going on?!

Something very wrong is happening in the Eletron Plant. You seem to be the only remaining Trainer around to investigate, but do you even want to take such a chance? Who's to say you don't end up exactly like everyone else you saw on the cameras? On the other hand, can you afford to turn back now, with the facility completely unguarded and most of Cascadia depending on its electricity? It's none of your responsibility after all, and you can easily find adventure elsewhere on the Island. Is this worth the risk?

The choice is now yours; will you return and explore the Power Plant, or leave the premises and head elsewhere?
Rayzen and his claydol pushed the entrance doors of the Eletron power plant to get outside. There was much needed fresh air and aid, or so he thought. The area was no longer crowded with officials, and although the trainer felt disappointed, he was also struck with distraught at the same time. He could no longer show evidence of what he saw in the building. Notwithstandingly, he also saw black soil with fumes surrounding them. He bent his body downwards to get a closer look, then crouched down and tried to grab the soil. His pokegear beeped several times quickly. That basically meant claydol was trying to warn him, "Don't touch it!" Indeed, it could be scorching or radioactive. He took a few steps backwards, and he observed the blackened ground from a distance. He could not believe that there was nobody around anymore. More than being suspicious, he was actually slightly displeased that his effort so far was for nothing.

"Let's give this one more try," Rayzen decided to go around the building to find the unseen officials. They might be lurking around nearby. The trainer and his claydol followed the fence at the outer boundary of the Eletron plant. "We will not enter the building, but we shall look around the garden," they looked inside the dumpster, behind trees, through air vents and even towards the rooftop. Also, while walking around before giving up, he checked the cards on his pokegear. He tested them - the radio, the map - and they seemed to be working, but there was one more card that needed testing. "Let's try calling Keith," he dialled Keith's number. He wondered if the missingno master had tried to call him earlier. Despite saying that, he was not entirely confident that the call would get through. He still thought that the remanent signal interference emanating from the faulty power plant nearby would cause glitchy white noise and disable some communication.
 
The Light at the End
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
Brine Island

Salin City

Electric Blue Eye: A deafening silence fills the arena as you plead your case, only to be broken by a collectively whispered "oooooh!" when you address the Champion by name.
Gottfried, the immense elder, keeps his eyes locked on you nd his arms crossed, looking on from his throne in the main balcony. Pietro looks enraged at your nerve, and Luther has a distinct smile on his face, as if proud of your attitude.

The undefeated Champion leaned to the side, consulting the taller, thinner old man to his left, the one they called "God's Gatekeeper" and member of the northern Elite Four. Drago, Gottfried's long-time advisor and the last obstacle on the road of many hopeful challengers, was a man of few words much like the Champion himself, but his presence was much more subtle - however, whatever advice he whispered to Gottfried was seemingly well-received.

The elder rose from his seat and walked to the edge of the balcony to address you and the restless crowd. His voice, deep and powerful as befitting his massive frame, echoed through the arena with unquestionable authority.

- The games will continue. Your skill intrigues me far too much. Clarifying Trevor's attack will be handled by men of my trust. Pietro, your concern is noted... but the issue will be swiftly handled by Drago.

The other elder nodded in silence, dutifully rose from his seat and left the balcony without a word. Pietro sat back down in visible discomfort, but didn't dare question Gottfried - it's clear he preferred a different course of action, but the Champion's will was absolute.

Gottfried continued, althout it was evident he didn't care much for speeches at all and was growing tired of talking.

- Luther, you seem to have taken an interest in the boy; you will fill in for Trevor. Give me something worth watching.

The youngster sitting to Gottfried's right jumped up. He was so silent and unremarkable throughout the whole thing it was hard to believe he'd just been appointed as the new Champion... Johan hurried to formally wrap up the first morning of the tournament, his voice trembling slightly with concern but fully focused on his task. Being Gottfried's student must take a huge toll on someone, let alone being tasked with continuing the man's legacy...

- Ethan has passed the first round! He will continue the gauntlet in the afternoon; his opponent will be Gym Leader Luther. We will see you all again at 2pm everyone!

The crowd began to disperse in a wave of excitement, hurriedly leaving the arena until nobody remained in the stands. Sean exchanged a look of concern with you briefly before heading backstage, and you decide to do the same - you need to grab something to eat and clear your head before the next challenge. You feel concerned with the recent events, and although you pleaded for the tournament's interruption, the show must go on - the gauntlet was held in Gottfried's honor, and the legend himself declared interest in seeing you fight... what choice do you even have? Still, if that other elder is someone Gottfried trusts, maybe he's good enough to get to the bottom of it quickly while you focus on your battles...

An assistant is backstage ready to escort you back to your tournament residence. It sems you're not going to make your way back to the locker room - instead you're guided straight back home. Security measures perhaps? The walk back is fairly uneventful and leaves you plenty of time to think back on the events of the day. When you reach the front door, the assistant leaves, and you walk inside.

As soon as you open the door and step into the entry halway, something on the floor peaks your interest - it's something wrapped in white cloth. You kneel down and pick it up, to find a pleasant-scented
1x Meadow Plate and a note attached to it!

"By now, they'll all know what you did!"

You can't believe your eyes. This is the Grass Plate! Someone's really trying to pin Trevor's assault on you! How on earth are you going to explain this now?!

- So... Pietro was right after all?

The familiar voice startles you. Someone followed you! You turn around to face the person at the door, a young man with roughly your age, blonde hair, clear eyes and fair complexion, who stares at you in disbelief - the newly-elected Champion, Johan.

Gottfried's student doesn't know what to think, and instinctively goes to grab one of the Pokeballs in his belt. Can you try to reason with the man, or will you engage him?

What do you do now?
Stats.

Everything that had happened in the Stadium still felt fresh in his mind, why continue with the tournament when people were being threatened and attacked? Though the praise Ethan got from Gottfried was pretty cool, he couldn't let it go straight to his head but if the elder had said it himself, in front of all those people, he must’ve meant it. He was a man of a few words but, even Ethan could tell that he didn’t waste a second to mean what he said. Maybe everything would turn out to be okay, but where did the Champion send his right hand man to? Returning his Sableye back after an exhilarating match he made his way back to his temporary home.

Ethan’s plan to strategies for his next match seemed to take a detour when he got home. Finding a Plate with another message and Johan surprising him from behind.

[Ethan obtained a Meadow Plate!]

Ethan took a deep breath, before facing Johan.

He didn't try to hide the fact he was holding onto the Meadow Plate either, as the new Champion had already seen it, denying it would only lead to more problems.

"...there used to be this man many people knew about, he traveled across the Unova Region I consider home." Ethan began to say, "He used to spout nonsense, telling people that Pokemon were better off without their trainers, in a sense, he was right. Pokemon have an undeniable, unmeasurable potential that far surpasses our own. We depend on them. You can even say that there are some Pokemon more intelligent then humans. They can organize groups to hunt, and their power can destroy towns and cities in a blink of an eye. Some even evolve without the help of humans and yet, why are Pokemon constantly with us?" Ethan asked rhetorical, "We're the ones that grow when we are with them. Our skills become sharper because of them, so I ask you to pay close attention..." Ethan said raising his hands while still holding on to the Meadow Plate to show Johan he wasn't a threat. "What do you see? Really focus, you might see a Meadow Plate, that by your reaction probably belongs to Trevor, but what else do you see? A note perhaps that undoubtably shows that someone wants to frame me!"

Ethan hoped that Johan would understand...he wasn't the one that attacked Trevor and who ever this master mind was was brilliant. Johan might've been raised to become a Champion but Ethan grew up fending for himself, surviving. Even if it took his whole squad to rival that of a Champion's one. He'd make sure they level'd this place, just like they did in Kumo City's King's Castle.


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
1
Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: The flow of the battle has swung your way, and you’re intent on capitalizing on it. Ampharos seems to be on its last legs, or so you hope, and on top of that, it has a Burn… so you decide to keep the temperature up!

Wildfire also feels the winds of change blowing, motivated by the last round, and nods in agreement with your commands. Starting off slow, its back fires up again and it expels a number of tiny fireballs at the opponent.

- Ampharos, on your guard, nullify that Ember with Thundershock!

The Electric-Type reacts quickly, sending a jolt of lighting from the gem on its head straight against the flames; the resulting collision produces considerable force, kicking up some sand, and neither attack finds its mark. Before Ampharos can follow it up, Wildfire proves faster, blowing out a single fireball that passes straight through the sand and dust still in the air, and as soon as it comes into contact with the Beacon Pokemon, it explodes violently – the greatest asset to Flame Burst. The explosion grants added force to the move, and Ampharos is kicked back several feet, the distance between the two even greater than before.

- Ampharos, no! Get up, fight back! Use a Thunderbolt to knock him out quickly!

You see a glaring flaw in Cam’s instructions – even if the powerful electric attack is fired, it’ll have quite a long distance to travel before making contact with Wildfire. The same can’t be said for your own attack, you think with a smile. In reality, your very last command fits in perfectly with the distance you just created – Psychic-Type attacks are nigh-instantaneous.

As Ampharos begins charging up for yet another lighting strike, it suddenly finds itself paralyzed briefly, before grabbing its head in pain – Wildfire exerts its Extrasensory right on time, once more disrupting the offensive strategy of the Electric-Type! The larger for falls to the ground panting, before its fur lights up in flames, making it yell in pain from the Burn. This is it; Ampharos is right where you want it, helpless. You outmaneuvered Cam in the end, and your next order may well be the one that claims victory for your team! But…

Wildfire falls to the ground as well, gasping for air, slightly dizzy. You’ve been in enough battles to know what this means; although you have a distinct advantage in health, your use of energy has been less than ideal, especially considering the strain a Psychic move puts on the mind of a non-natural user… Wildfire is exhausted!

Your next orders will, for better or worse, decide the outcome of this match – and don’t forget that Cam may have a last resort plan of his own, so think very carefully!

What do you do?
Yes! Cam had to be feeling the pressure with that last set of attacks, Melissa thought as she watched his Ampharos fall to the ground. A familiar gasp broke through her triumphant thoughts and her gaze immediately darted to Wildfire, who was lying in the sand, gasping for breath. She grimaced as she realized exactly what had happened; her starter was running out of energy, probably due to the two Extrasensory's she'd had him do. Unsurprising, what with her earlier decision to throw everything she had at her opponent, and definitely something she needed to work on in the future, but currently very unwelcome. They'd have to find some way to get around that later, when they weren't in the middle of proving themselves to Cam and when things weren't going to explode violently because two Legendaries decided they had to beat each other up on a chain of trainer-attracting islands.

In the meantime, she eyed Cam and his Ampharos, mind whirling as she tried to figure out what she should have Wildfire do next. Something less energy-intensive, but then there was also a possible last ditch effort from Cam, too...so, maybe low-level Fire and Normal moves? Wildfire could ground out Electric attacks by sticking his nose into the sand, but that didn't exactly mean that he wouldn't get hurt by them. They also had a guaranteed hit with Ampharos' Burn, but would that be enough to knock it out? She wanted to huff in frustration. Without Extrasensory, whichever attack crossed the distance first would probably determine the match and, in all honesty, Electric attacks were probably faster than Fire or Normal, so...

"Just a bit more, Wildfire! Hang in there! Let's pepper him with some Swift stars and then stick your snout into the sand or use Quick Attack to dodge his next attack."

Not exactly the best strategy, but she was seriously banking on her partner having a lot more health than the Ampharos. Hopefully, more than enough to handle whatever Cam decided to throw at them, but that would only matter if Wildfire didn't knock himself out producing the target-seeking Swift stars. She crossed her fingers and watched the battle intently. C'mon...you got this, Wildfire. You got this.


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fizzy Bubble Elite
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
179
Reaction score
2
Venom Isle

Bane Forest

Ex-Admiral Insane: Ria stares at you in obvious confusion. When she regains her composure, the answer comes as bluntly as one could put it.

- Yeah, of course we did. Why do you think we need help?

She places a hand on the single Pokeball in her belt.

- It's why I brought this one along. This island isn't just expanding, it's hostile. There are things living in the toxic marshes you're about to see for yourself, Pokemon who thrive on waste and death. We don't mean any harm to them, but the feeling isn't mutual - they seem to think we're out to destroy their home, when all we're doing is stopping their home from destroying everything else.

Ria's hands clench in barely-contained despair.

- Listen, I don't know why you're bringing this up now, but I'm sure you knew what you were getting yourself into when you agreed to help. Heck, I already paid you something in advance. What are you, scared of wild Pokemon?

Her tone isn't sarcastic at all but genuinely worried. It seems she's banking heavily on your support, and judging by the group that follow her, perhaps she has good reason to need you - most of the EPAL scouts Ria brings along look more fitting in a lab than the wilds, and only a handful of them are carrying Pokeballs. How does the woman expect to accomplish anything with such a team?

She doesn't stick around to hear an answer, and rushes to her colleagues. Ria seems intent on doing her job as fast and efficiently as possible, with or without your help. But looking at the crew she's taking with her, you can't help but feel concerned for the girl's well-being, no matter how skilled she might be at fighting...

Mal returns and lands on your shoulder; she gives no indication of having found a single life form in the camp's vicinity, including Rags... where could he have gone?

- You coming or not? If something's bothering you that much, we can talk on the way there. Where we're going there are no trustworthy maps, so we'll be braving unknown territory. Everyone, keep your eyes open and do your best to find any potential sources that might be causing the swamps to grow... although I have no idea what those might look like. We have to do this, for Cascadia's sake!

The team moves out, most looking apprehensive but not Ria. The young woman's face is glowing with determination, even if she has no idea where she's going.

Haunted by Gastly's words, Rags's disappearance and the possibility of being stranded in uncharted, poisonous territory for the rest of your life, you know you have to do something. Question is... what?
Lucas looked on as Ria returned to her colleagues. So she did see other wild Pokémon here. Ria’s own account matched with what the Gastly had told him. The Pokémon think they’re here to destroy their homes. He looked at all the EPAL members passing him by. Very few of them were carrying Pokéballs, Ria included. And even fewer seemed experienced enough to use them properly.

Mal flew back and landed on his shoulder. Apparently there was still no sign of Rags or the Gastly anyone near the camp.

“You coming or not?” Ria shouted at him. “If something's bothering you that much, we can talk on the way there. Where we're going there are no trustworthy maps, so we'll be braving unknown territory. ”

Lucas didn’t feel like pressing the matter any further though and continued contemplating the best decision to be made. Gastly mentioned something about Arceus’ will. If the island is to grow, let it. That was essentially what he understood from the Ghost type. Then again, if Armaggedon occurred, you wouldn’t expect humans and Pokémon to idly sit by and accept their fate. They’d fight against it, tooth and nail. Similarly, an eco-disaster shouldn’t be let run rampant just because nature lets it.

’Bah!’ Why should he care? The EPAL members can sort out the moral issues of their crusade. Lucas wanted money and treasure. As long as he got paid well enough, he wasn’t sure he’d care if they decided to blow up the entire island if that was what it took.

’Rags would mind though.’ Lucas thought went back to his missing Ralts [though he’s a Gallade by now]. Where was he and why hasn’t he left a clue to his whereabouts? Did the Gastly perhaps hold him captive?

“Mal,” he turned to the Zubat on his shoulder. “Scout ahead of the group and navigate the surroundings in advance. Return if you think you found something.” With a small peep, the Zubat lifted herself off the shoulder and flapped into the Sky ahead. As foolish as it was to lose sight of a second Pokémon of his, this was Mal’s best use for the group.

Lucas walked on with the group, hoping for something, anything to happen that would provide more answers. Perhaps the sites of expansion would hold something of interest?


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Treepandaone: After years of travelling and struggling, such a thing as "the thrill of battle" is quick to lose meaning; this might be a rare instance of a fight to the death, but even then it's still a battle with a twist at the end - you just have to keep hitting until it stops breathing. And if the concept feels in any way foreign, the one-sided clash only serves to blur the insecurities of someone who, such as yourself, is unaccustomed to slaughter - it all plays out like a regular fight, to the point where the ease of it all dulls any sense of urgency.

Shieldon seems to be having little trouble standing up to the larger foe, having been carefully raised as opposed to the wild opponent - who lives by instinct alone, and right now, all it knows is that there is a looming threat on its life and that of its pack. But even wild Pokemon are not without innate intelligence, and Piloswine seems to slowly pick up on the fact that its current offense is ineffective; it looks ready to switch things up, taking a couple of steps back to create distance between itself and your living fossil, but before it can strike Shieldon, the prehistoric herbivore shoots a glob of poison at its eyes looking to blind it! However, the mammoth's eyes are perpetually covered in thick fur, and while it prevents the venomous substance from damaging its eyesight, the poison is slowly absorbed through the follicles. It causes no immediate effects but you know it's just a matter of time... While the creature flails about, trying in vain to prevent the venom from seeping inside its system, Shieldon focuses and sheds away the imperfect edges of its head armor, making it slightly lighter and considerably more agile.

Now looking to take advantage of the distance it created, Piloswine takes aim and spits out a massive sphere of liquid clay, the Mud Bomb finding its mark and exploding violently upon contact with your partner! The unfortunate type combination of Shieldon causes the attack to be extremely effective, and it sends the small dinosaur flying back several steps despite its immense weight. The viciousness of the blast and its repercussions concern you, but it's with relief that you see Shieldon fight back to its feet with little more than an annoyed expression behind its iron armor. It spreads its paws to establish a wide base, charges up as much Steel energy as it can and shapes it into a sphere twice as large as Piloswine's Mud Bomb. The foe can do little more than watch as the enormous Metal Burst makes its way toward it, and once it touches Piloswine, the resulting explosion is huge enough to cause the ice around it to crack and fissures to spread from the point of detonation all around the battlefield! When the snow and frost settle, Piloswine is laying on its back, unmoving, its breathing shallow and faint.

The poison running through the mammoth's body then finishes the job, causing the beast to finally succumb, relieved of all the pain you caused it; the outcome was expected, but perhaps not this soon, giving you little time to prepare for the reality of the fact... that you just killed a Pokemon. Even if it was for the greater good, the nourishment of a group of men forsaken by Arceus Itself...
Just then, a sudden realization quickly sets in - although you've caught your prey, is it alright to feed its poisoned flesh to the camp? Was Toxic a good idea to begin with? But on the other hand... can you afford to return empty-handed to that starving community, especially with the trust Jacob placed in you to get this job done despite Daryl's protests?

Looking around the battlefield, it looks like almost everyone has successfully hunted down a Piloswine and the struggle is nearing its end. Jacob and his Blaziken seem to be making their way over to you, the latter dragging the lifeless corpse of one of the mammoths through the snow, to check up on how you're doing.
And what will you tell him?...
“No no no”

Matthew Brown cried out in anguish as the realities of the situation he found himself in begun to fully emerge. The battle a moment previous had gone according to plan, but in his weakened mental state he had reverted to an auto-pilot state, using all the moves in Shieldon's arsenal that were applicable and encouraging his Pokémon to execute them with flawless technique. The Piloswine's Mud Bomb attack had caused an explosion which made him even more focused as he leaned further and further forward, dodging and swaying to get better angles on the battlefield itself, wiping his mind of otherworldly exchanges and troubles. Countless moments inside fight arena had dulled appreciation for Pokémon battles, but his discipline too had faded. Only when his compatriot was thrown backwards, accompanied by a yelp of pain from the super-effective attack, did his concerns come rushing back. The tit-for-tat battle culminated as Shieldon's Metal Burst sent a shattering of energy coursing through the battlefield, causing ice to crack and fissures to form. As the dust settled, Piloswine lay unmoving on its back. Matthew's adrenaline begun to settle and before long he was fully aware of the repercussions of his actions.

He had poisoned the food.

Arrogance. Ignorance. Unfamiliarity. The reason didn't matter, his actions had caused the death of a Pokémon that would no longer be needed, a creature that had given its life in waste. His feet automatically moved as he sprinted towards his downed foe, its shallow breathing rasping until it finally giving way as the trainer closed the distance. Matthew slid on his knees as he reached Piloswine, too late to comfort it in its dying moments, as the cold surface seeped into his jeans. He threw his backpack from his shoulder, rooting around with a desperation inside his pack, pulling out a Potion [2/10] and spraying it on the lifeless corpse in front of him. Denial was his best hope, that if he could somehow forget he had used a Toxic attack the beast would not have given its life in vain, and he could return to the group a hero.

Nothing happened. Nothing moved. The bottle squeaked as the spray begun to run out, the healing liquid dripping down Piloswine's thick fur before dropping onto the snow-laid canvas below, discoloring the whitened ground below. Matthew delivered a quick hammer-fist punch to the body of the mammoth Pokémon, his quick strike expressing the changing of emotion as his denial turned to anger.

“fuck this place man”

The sound of feet crunching nearby caused the hair on Matthew's head to stand on the back of his neck, making him jump as he saw Jacob through his peripheral vision, successfully killed Piloswine in tow. He slumped his head in disgust, breathing a sigh of indignation through his nose as he dropped to a seated position. Matthew spoke, but it was in the direction of Jacob rather than at him, his embarrassment and shame overwhelming every fibre of his being

“I fucked up. I used Toxic and now it's dead. It's fucking dead man.” his voice cracked as he said it, a twinge of pain causing him to look at the ground next to the slaughtered animal, waving a lazy arm in the direction of the Piloswine, “The meat's spoiled. Poisoned. Ruined. I'm …. I'm sorry man”
 
Last edited:
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
EAI, I will post your update when your latest reply is fixed. ;)


Aduro Island

Geyser Park

Hayward: Look here



Lily Island

The Silver Forest

jolteonjak: Look here


Pearl’s Perap: Look here



Crater Island

Iridi Beach

kaisap112: Look here


Pearl Lake

SugarPesticide: Look here



Brine Island

Salin City

Arc_Angel: Look here


Electric Blue Eye: You plead your case to Johan, the young prodigy hand-picked by Gottfried as his successor. You’re aware of the repercussions should you fail to convince him – going up against a Champion was something most people wouldn’t even dare consider. But if no other choice presents itself, so be it…

Johan hesitates to make a move, weighing your words against his own judgment. During that brief moment, you finally take a good look at the man in front of you, whom you’d previously only seen all the way up in Gottfried’s balcony. Standing face-to-face with him, Johan doesn’t really look the least bit threatening. In fact, he seems to be the direct contradiction of everything that defines Gottfried. He is decidedly young, around your age or maybe even less so; his complexion is fair, his eyes a deep green and his hair a blonde so faint it’s almost white, traits of a northerner for sure. Where Gottfried exudes an aura of power and absolute control, Johan looks like he wouldn’t hurt a fly, as if the mere prospect of engaging you is abhorrent to him and something he’ll only do if absolutely imperative. A Champion who hates to battle… is that even possible? And if so, why would Gottfried pick him in the first place?

- Your word is all I have to go for. I… I want to believe you. The way you battled Sean – that’s not how a man of dark heart fights. But I’ve been wrong before…

He finally settles on one of the Pokeballs he carries. After tossing it to the ground, a creature you don’t recall ever seeing before materializes between you and Johan – a
who flutters in mid-air, filling the room with a wonderful scent.

- She’s a better judge of character than I could ever hope to be. Be my mind’s eye, dear.

The Spritzee flies over to you, lands delicately on your head and stands still for a moment. She then returns to Johan, nestling on his shoulder with a calm look on her face.

- I see. It seems I should have trusted my instincts this time… She believes you, so I will as well. Unfortunately, that means I’m back to where I started.

He walks over to you and shakes your hand.

- I apologize for my initial misjudgment. I can’t be too careful – there’s something very wrong with this tournament, and I believe whoever harmed Trevor did so to get to my mentor. Contrary to what it might appear, Gottfried’s health is already frail; I can’t take any chances when it comes to protecting him.

He recalls Spritzee, politely thanking her for her help, and turns to you once more.

- If you are being framed for what happened to Trevor, then you’re a target as well. I trust you’ll want to get to the bottom of this as much as I… so please, ask me anything. I’ll answer to the best of my ability, and maybe together we can figure this out.



sweetbbydoll: No mercy. The second the man walks inside the cell, you leap out from behind and make a move for the keys in his back pocket, praying to Arceus you don’t screw up. Because if you do…

The guard is too stunned to react and fails to move fast enough to catch you. Your hand nimbly reaches for one of the many keys, hopefully defying the odds… but since all the keys are bound together by a common ring, the entire keychain comes loose and you end up stealing every single key from the man’s pocket at once! You pause briefly to take in the significance of the act, but react quickly enough to run out the door and swiftly shut the guard inside the cell in your stead. You made it!! You now find yourself outside, in the corridor leading to all the cells, and face-to-face with the door to the evidence room, where no doubt all your belongings are stored.

You start rummaging through the key ring, searching for the right key… until a whisper reaches your ears. You instinctively turn back around to find it’s the guard, of all people, that’s calling out to you as discreetly as possible!

- Hey lass! Come here will you? Look, I… I know you’re not gonna let me out. You played me right, you did! But hey, just so you know… I never wanted any harm to come to you. You’re… doing the right thing, yeah? Standing up for what you believe in, at least. Fighting someone much bigger than you too, but you already figured that out by now… Listen lass. I know I kept you locked up and all, but I had orders. To be honest, I’ll be glad if you can make a run for it before Red Hand gets here. But hey, if… if it’s not too much to ask…

He pauses for a moment, briefly choking up, but soon resumes his request.

- Could I ask you to make a detour? If… if for some reason you find the time, could you… retrieve a Pokeball for me? Well, in my stead? It’s that… when we enlisted, I believed in Layard. As proof of devotion to his cause, we had to apprehend and deliver to him a contest-trained Pokemon when we enrolled and… the only one I could get my hands on… was my little sister’s partner. I stole it from her and gave it to the Vice President’s men. It’s too late for her to forgive me but… maybe you could steal it back and take it to her?

You struggle to decide if you should keep listening or be on your way into the evidence room and out through the elevator. Who’s to say he’s not making everything up to buy time for Red Hand? If his story drags on much longer, the inquisitor could arrive before you manage to flee. On the other hand, his plea sounds sincere… should you risk going out of your way to help with his redemption?

Clock’s ticking. What do you do?



Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: ((Welcome back! Hopefully I can remember what I planned for you :p))

Cam's expression tells the whole story: he has assessed the situation exactly as you did, and knows where he stands in the final stretch of the bout. Theoretically Ampharos should be stronger, and definitely faster, but it's taken a lot of damage and that naturally slows it down. On the other hand, your partner is winded and that's bound to slow down his reaction time as well; this one's down to the wire!

Reasoning that you must balance Cyndaquil's remaining energy with the urgency of hitting a strong-enough blow to end this, you choose to go for a highly-dependable Swift. The golden star showe isn't very demanding and boasts unparalleled accucarcy to boot... but is it fast enough to counter Ampharos's onslaught?

The Light Pokemon is breathing heavily, but refuses to give up. Cam hears your instructions and plans accordingly, understanding his partner's predicament should you succeed.

- Good going Melissa. Let's see who goes down first! I'll take a page off your book, if you don't mind: Ampharos, Shock Wave!

The Ranger's plan is obvious: use an equally-accurate move that outspeeds your partner's Swift. Cyndaquil and Ampharos react at the same time, and would have unleashed their offense at the exact same time... had Ampharos's Burn not nagged it, causing it to lose concentration briefly. As a result, Cyndaquil attacks first, followed by the Electric-Type! Shock Wave moves faster, but the speed stars were shot first... causing each move to hit the opponent at precisely the same moment!

Cyndaquil is pushed back a few feet from the impact of his foe's move, while Ampharos wobbles each time a star explodes on contact with his skin. After a brief stalemate, with both you and Cam holding your breath... it's Ampharos who falls, unconscious, face-down on the sand! *Cyndaquil gains 1 Level!*

It takes a brief moment for the realization to set in - you did it! Cam sighs and recalls Ampharos, thanking it for a job well done, and walks over to you with a smile.

- I stand corrected! You're a fine Trainer... I'd be happy to count on you, if you're still on board. I hope you understand why I had my reservations; you're not a trained Ranger and dragging you into this bothers me, but with your level of skill you'll be just fine. We won't be able to prevent Zapdos and Raikou from clashing with one another... but if falls on us to reduce the casualties to a minimum!

It's a delicate situation indeed. A duel of Legendary creatures will no doubt bring about massive destruction, and Cam's intentions are no doubt noble, but at what price? Are you willing to stay behind and risk your own safety to ensure the safety of this island's wildlife? Is it worth the risk?

- Please think this through one more time. I won't blame you if you want out... things can go south pretty quickly when the time comes. But if you're sure...

He hands you an item from his belt that you recognize as a Pokemon Ranger's main tool for turning wild Pokemon into allies - a Capture Styler.

- Let's see how you handle yourself with that. Are you familiar with how we use the Stylers to befriend Pokemon? Because that's what you'll be relying on to get them all to safety. If you think you know how to use it, go ahead and try it on that Pidgey over there. If you're not up to par, I can give you a demonstration.

He points to a Pidgey who landed nearby after your battle, merrily skipping across the sand while digging around for worms with little success. The bird seems oblivious to your presence, but will probably just fly away scared if you approach it carelessly.

Do you give the Styler a go or will you leave it to Cam?



PikaGod: Look here


Eletron Plant

Rayzen: The importance of one's choices cannot be overstated in matters of life or death. Surrounded by corpses inside the Eletron Power Plant, and with no traces of survivors outside either, your choice falls on scouting the perimeter of the building rather than the inside of it - undeterred by the charred earth where the last human contacts you had previously stood. Is this the safest route?...

The plant is a large building; covering its perimeter takes you considerable time. You search as meticulously as you can for any traces of life, but nobody - policemen, Plant workers or anyone else - can be found. Every now and then, equally ominous patches of black, scorched soil punctuate your exploration. The scent of burnt grass and... something else fills your nostrils, the odor particularly pungent near the darkened patches of ground, some of which are still fuming. You have a bad feeling about this, but walking back inside the plant is an option far removed from your mind at this point. Instead, you opt to stop searching and turn to your PokeGear for clues. Despite having only briefly heard of his own trip to Eletron, you reason Keith Masters might still be in the vicinities, so you try to call your fellow Trainer - but come to think of it, did anyone tell you Keith was here recently?

Things seem to be going smoothly initially. The device turns on effortlessly, and the contact list appears as usual. When you dial Keith's number, the call seems to be going through initially... but then the PokeGear's screen starts flickering, until there is nothing but static on the display, accompanied by the familiar buzzing that tells you your equipment probably just fried. PokeGear is unavailable!

Just as you seem to be out of options, a loud roar fills the air, deep and powerful like thunder - so much alike in fact, that you can barely tell the difference. You instinctively look around for the source of the noise, but you can't pinpoint it at first... until you remember to look up, and you see it.

Its body is hard to see as it stands directly between your field of vision and the sun. You can tell it's a large creature, possibly a quadruped... but while you squint to get a better view, you're suddenly struck by a powerful bolt of lightning square in the chest, that sends you flying all the way against the fence, where your back collides! Your body feels numb all over, a side effect of the electrical surge it just conducted. You're still conscious, but hurting badly... standing out there in the open field when the earth is charred all over was definitely not the safer choice! Now you feel the direct consequences, and the only reason you're still alive is because of the Assault Vest you're wearing...

All the way from where you lay on the ground, you look to the roof of the Power Plant, trying to spot that creature again. If it's the one responsible for the Eletron massacre, you expect it to come rushing to you to devour you in the same manner... but instead, it just stands there, as if mocking you, before turning around and vanishing, likely back to the confines of the facility. Is it taunting you, luring you in?

You muster the strength to get back up, but you're in serious pain. Unless you have something on you to heal up, moving around on your own is going to be difficult; you'll move at half your usual speed at best until the pain and numbness go away.

The ball's on your court now. If there were still any doubts, now it's apparent that the cause for the bloodshed inside (and likely outside) the Plant was most likely caused by that creature, which still dwells inside!

It knows you're here - question is, what will you do about it?



Missingno. Master: Darkness is your greatest enemy in this situation. Whatever it is you’re up against, it seems to maneuver perfectly in the absence of light, conferring it a definite advantage over you. Almost like you’re being hunted…

Fortunately, you have something on you that might prove helpful, courtesy of Bolt. You whip out your flashlight and turn it on; a beam of light pierces through the shadows, but at first, you see nothing special – just the far wall of the tight room you’re in. However, an annoyed shriek is heard, then another, and one more, until the room is filled with the angry cries of invisible creatures. It isn’t until you remember to point at the ceiling that everything becomes clear, though the sight is a grim one – at least five Golbat hang upside down from the roof, jaws agape, teeth tinted an unsettling red and narrow, cold eyes locked on you in fury.

The group drops down and home in on you, turned violent by the unwanted light. Cries continue to fill your ears and soon, a sharp pain on your hand causes you to drop the flashlight, switching it off – did it break?! When the room turns dark again, the cries stop and the flutter of wings signals that, most likely, the Golbat swarm has returned to resting on the ceiling. Meowth, meanwhile, has already tried to make his way back to the door but lets you know it’s tightly shut – the motion sensor on the inside must be broken. You’re stuck in here with the bats, with a wounded leg and arm! And what will happen to you if the Golbat grow hungry?...

Hermione’s keen sense of smell, along with Meowth’s eyes which are slightly more competent in the dark than yours, spot something in the corner of the room and they walk over to it. Meowth can’t be certain, but whispers that it looks like a human… a dead human, lying on the ground. Could be an employee, in which case rummaging through his uniform for some kind of key might be an option, something to override the motion sensor mechanism and get that door open. But just as you’re about to suggest that, Meowth is attacked by one of the Golbat, who bumps into him and knocks him on his back!

Your best bet seems to be that corpse, but Meowth needs time to search, which means you have to keep the Golbat occupied and the Scratch Cat off their radars. At the same time, take too long to find a way out and the enemies will prey on you sooner or later... But if you do something drastic and anger them all, they might rain down on you again, with unknown repercussions!

It’s a very delicate situation…. What will you do?



Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Trepie: Look here


Treepandaone: The pent-up stress finally gets to you ,and you break. As if killing a Pokemon wasn’t bad enough, it seems it was all in vain – not even its meat is good enough to feed the camp. You come clean to Jacob, who looks on in silence, like a stoic judge in a murder trial. When you stop, he drops to one knee and rests a hand on your shoulder.

- Relax, you did good. We can make use of more than just Piloswine’s flesh; yeah, it’s a shame that’ll go to waste, but the pelt and tusks are always useful. Don’t beat yourself up over it – it was nice enough of you to give it a shot. I know you’d never hunted down Pokemon for food before, and I can tell how much it upsets you… but the damn reality is, you get used to it after a while. Living like we do, we grow numb to a lot more shit than we should. Come on, let’s go bac…

- Jacob! Get your ass over here now!!

It’s Dylan. The distress in his voice is palpable. The man’s shouts echo across the frozen wasteland, causing you both to look over immediately. He and his Magneton are standing next to something… no, someone… there’s a man down!

- Damn it… Matthew, come on!

You both rush over to Dylan’s location, temporarily tossing aside all other worries. Losing men is infinitely more important than losing a meal. Jacob gets there first, followed closely by you. When you approach Dylan, you notice his face is pale and his expression unreadable – completely different from the aggressive, hostile guy that pushed you out of the snowmobile earlier.

- Jacob… it’s…

- Fuck, it’s Drummond!

It is. Looking down to the man laying on the ice, you recognize the elder that gave you both advice and a Heat Rock the day before, and who served as a scout in this expedition. He’s alive, but barely so; coughing up blood, he barely manages to speak without stopping to catch his breath, but he has a look of tranquility on his face... On closer inspection, you notice a large wound in his abdomen, as if something pierced through skin and flesh. The snow around him is bright red, and all three of you immediately know there is no way the old man is going to make it.

- Ugh… fucking ‘swine. Got careless once in my life, and this is what I get! Hah, serves this idiot right... Let this be a l-lesson for you kids. Did… did you get your… urggh!

He clutches his stomach harder, starts coughing uncontrollably and suddenly, Dylan pushes you and Jacob back.

- No, not that… No!!

Jacob picks up on the motive for Dylan’s horror first. It’s the wound… it’s freezing over. Ice crystals slowly form around the edge of the ripped flesh; blood beings to crystallize. As Drummond’s life draws to a close… a new one is beginning.

- Jacob, Drummond’s infected. Look, if this keeps up a Shard’s gonna form!

The leader’s expression is hardened. He stares down at Drummond, weighing his options, then turns to you and explains.

- Shards are born by absorbing the last of an infected victim’s life force. If left alone, they consume the infected’s body and use that energy to grow and multiply. Essentially… Drummond’s feeding that Shard.

Dylan curses loudly, drops to his knees and punches the ice over and over again out of sheer frustration. Jacob, more composed, lays down your options.

- The only way to stop a Shard from fully maturing is to burn the infected. If Drummond dies from this wound, he might have a peaceful death, but he’ll leave behind a Shard that can infect us in turn. If we… - he lowers his voice and his head at the same time. – if we burn him alive, the Shard dies with him. I… I know I’m the leader, but fuck, I can’t make this call on my own. I’ve known the old man for years!

His eyes water and his voice falters; Jacob is showing true signs of weakness for the first time since you met him.

- Matthew, please help me out: what do you think we should do?



Silver Ocean

Auronos Caverns

ApertureScience: Look here


The SS Leviathan Shipwreck

CyberBlastoise: Look here



Venom Isle

Bane Forest

Ex-Admiral Insane: Look here


Plague Swamp

DaveTheFishGuy: Look here



Ruin Island

Amor Temple

Charminions: Look here


Ordial Shrine

Marion Ette: Look here
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
11
Ion Island

Eletron Plant

Missingno. Master: Darkness is your greatest enemy in this situation. Whatever it is you’re up against, it seems to maneuver perfectly in the absence of light, conferring it a definite advantage over you. Almost like you’re being hunted…

Fortunately, you have something on you that might prove helpful, courtesy of Bolt. You whip out your flashlight and turn it on; a beam of light pierces through the shadows, but at first, you see nothing special – just the far wall of the tight room you’re in. However, an annoyed shriek is heard, then another, and one more, until the room is filled with the angry cries of invisible creatures. It isn’t until you remember to point at the ceiling that everything becomes clear, though the sight is a grim one – at least five Golbat hang upside down from the roof, jaws agape, teeth tinted an unsettling red and narrow, cold eyes locked on you in fury.

The group drops down and home in on you, turned violent by the unwanted light. Cries continue to fill your ears and soon, a sharp pain on your hand causes you to drop the flashlight, switching it off – did it break?! When the room turns dark again, the cries stop and the flutter of wings signals that, most likely, the Golbat swarm has returned to resting on the ceiling. Meowth, meanwhile, has already tried to make his way back to the door but lets you know it’s tightly shut – the motion sensor on the inside must be broken. You’re stuck in here with the bats, with a wounded leg and arm! And what will happen to you if the Golbat grow hungry?...

Hermione’s keen sense of smell, along with Meowth’s eyes which are slightly more competent in the dark than yours, spot something in the corner of the room and they walk over to it. Meowth can’t be certain, but whispers that it looks like a human… a dead human, lying on the ground. Could be an employee, in which case rummaging through his uniform for some kind of key might be an option, something to override the motion sensor mechanism and get that door open. But just as you’re about to suggest that, Meowth is attacked by one of the Golbat, who bumps into him and knocks him on his back!

Your best bet seems to be that corpse, but Meowth needs time to search, which means you have to keep the Golbat occupied and the Scratch Cat off their radars. At the same time, take too long to find a way out and the enemies will prey on you sooner or later... But if you do something drastic and anger them all, they might rain down on you again, with unknown repercussions!

It’s a very delicate situation…. What will you do?
The beam of light from the flashlight cut through the darkness, revealing... nothing? Keith was confused, until an angered, annoyed shriek sounded. Followed by another. And another. And another. Angry shrieks filled the entire room before long, but Keith could see nothing out of the ordinary, he had no idea what was up with this room-

Up. Keith realized that he'd neglected to point the flashlight at the ceiling, he assumed the attacker would be at eye level. Indeed, as he moved the flashlight's beam up, he saw the source of the attacks and the angry shrieks. And as he had guessed would be the case, his mind was not put at ease. It was a flock of Golbat. And they were not pleased about the flashlight being shined on them. Indeed, just as this occurred to Keith, the entire flock dropped down, honing in on Keith, enraged by the flashlight. Quickly, a sharp pain in his hand forced him to drop the flashlight, which switched off... or perhaps broke. Keith couldn't tell, and at the moment, he didn't give a Raticate's ass- it would do him little good in this room unless he wanted to enrage the Golbat again. Moreover, Meowth had already informed him that the inside motion sensor for the door seemed to not be working. Essentially, they were trapped in the same room as a bloodthirsty flock of Golbat.

"Uh... Keith?" came Meowth's weak, shaky voice.

"Meowth, you OK?" Keith whispered, not wanting to incur the Golbat's wrath again.

"Yeah," Meowth replied. "But dat's more den I can say fer dis guy... I tink dere's a dead human on da ground ova here!"

As could be reasonably expected, Meowth's news of a dead human body in the same room as the easily irritated Golbat flock did little, if anything, to put Keith's mind at ease. Though Keith wasn't entirely surprised, either- he'd owned a Golbat himself before, he knew what they were capable of. But then he realized- the dead human might be an employee! Or... might have been an employee. But either way, surely an employee of this power plant would have some sort of key in his pocket! Keith opened his mouth to say something to Meowth, but before he could, a thumping sound could be heard.

"Gah!" Meowth exclaimed. "One o' dem Golbat just knocked Meowth down!"

Keith sized up the situation. From where he stood, Meowth searching the corpse for a key was looking to be their best bet. But those Golbat, if left to their own devices, weren't going to just let them search to their hearts' content. They were going to be, best case scenario, a constant irritation. And Keith had a feeling that this wasn't going to be a best case scenario. Fortunately, he had something that could help- prior experience with Golbat. Hedwig wasn't always the imposing four-winged Crobat she is today- Keith had raised her from a little Zubat, and that meant she had spent time as a Golbat. Keith knew Golbat loved to drink blood, and also eat smaller creatures than themselves. The only reason Keith was never in any danger from Hedwig was because he'd trained her very well to not go after humans or Trainer-owned Pokémon from a young age. He supposed that ship has sailed with these Golbat, however. So he wracked his brain furiously- he had to find a way to keep those Golbat good and distracted, or otherwise incapacitated. He liked the idea of Hermione trapping them in an Electroweb, but unless he could get them all to converge on one point, he knew that wasn't going to be an option.

So that's what he had to do- he had to get the Golbat to converge on one point. His eyes were starting to adjust to the darkness- not a lot, but just enough so that he could make out the vague shape of the room. And maybe that would be enough. He could see where the corners were, all he had to do was get the Golbat to all fly down to the same corner at the same time. But how?

And then, it came to him in a brilliant stroke of inspiration. Pokéblocks made at the Pokétreats Store were very well-made, and stayed good and fresh for years and years. Pokéblocks given out for holidays, however, those were a whole other swarm of Yanma. They tended to go bad after just a couple of months, acquiring odd smells and losing all Contest stat boosting capabilities. Most Trainers just threw theirs out once the expiration date had passed, but Keith, as a Trainer of Poison-types, found that they were still good as food for some of his Poison-types after their expiration dates. Most notably, his Muk loved expired Pokéblocks, and so did his Weezing and Trubbish. But more to the point, so did Hedwig. According to Meowth's translations some years ago, Hedwig favorably compared the taste and scent of expired Pokéblocks to that of a month-old Patrat corpse, only not as chewy. And while Keith wasn't exactly willing to test this out for himself, it did give him an idea. He'd been holding onto them as potential snacks for his Pokémon, but if Hedwig's assessment of expired Pokéblocks was an opinion shared by others of her own kind, then those rancid cubes might be just the distraction they needed.

Slowly, carefully, Keith dug into his backpack, finally pulling out a small plastic bag that seemed to hold three cubelike items- a Cranberry Pokéblock, expired since February; a Passion Pokéblock, expired since April; and a Chocolate Pokéblock, expired since May.

"OK, here's the plan," Keith whispered to Meowth and Hermione. "When I yell 'now', Meowth, you light up this room with Flash. And Hermione, you should see all the Golbat in a corner of the room- once you do, trap them in an Electroweb. Should buy us enough time to search the dead guy for a key- if he was an employee, he should probably have something to get us the hell outta here."

"Right," Meowth replied.

"Weedle," Hermione whispered in agreement.

Keith nodded back, knowing that Meowth would at least be able to see it. Then he turned his attention to a corner away from his Pokémon and the corpse. "Hey!" Keith called to the Golbat, as he opened the plastic bag, allowing the expired Pokéblocks to fall into his waiting hand. "Come and get it!" he exclaimed, hurling the foul treats into the corner. All he could do now is hope that this would work. Oh, and yell "now" as soon as he heard the sound of the Golbat flock converging on the thrown Pokéblocks, he couldn't forget that part.


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
1
Ion Island

Storm Lake

Myahoo: ((Welcome back! Hopefully I can remember what I planned for you :p))

Cam's expression tells the whole story: he has assessed the situation exactly as you did, and knows where he stands in the final stretch of the bout. Theoretically Ampharos should be stronger, and definitely faster, but it's taken a lot of damage and that naturally slows it down. On the other hand, your partner is winded and that's bound to slow down his reaction time as well; this one's down to the wire!

Reasoning that you must balance Cyndaquil's remaining energy with the urgency of hitting a strong-enough blow to end this, you choose to go for a highly-dependable Swift. The golden star showe isn't very demanding and boasts unparalleled accucarcy to boot... but is it fast enough to counter Ampharos's onslaught?

The Light Pokemon is breathing heavily, but refuses to give up. Cam hears your instructions and plans accordingly, understanding his partner's predicament should you succeed.

- Good going Melissa. Let's see who goes down first! I'll take a page off your book, if you don't mind: Ampharos, Shock Wave!

The Ranger's plan is obvious: use an equally-accurate move that outspeeds your partner's Swift. Cyndaquil and Ampharos react at the same time, and would have unleashed their offense at the exact same time... had Ampharos's Burn not nagged it, causing it to lose concentration briefly. As a result, Cyndaquil attacks first, followed by the Electric-Type! Shock Wave moves faster, but the speed stars were shot first... causing each move to hit the opponent at precisely the same moment!

Cyndaquil is pushed back a few feet from the impact of his foe's move, while Ampharos wobbles each time a star explodes on contact with his skin. After a brief stalemate, with both you and Cam holding your breath... it's Ampharos who falls, unconscious, face-down on the sand! *Cyndaquil gains 1 Level!*

It takes a brief moment for the realization to set in - you did it! Cam sighs and recalls Ampharos, thanking it for a job well done, and walks over to you with a smile.

- I stand corrected! You're a fine Trainer... I'd be happy to count on you, if you're still on board. I hope you understand why I had my reservations; you're not a trained Ranger and dragging you into this bothers me, but with your level of skill you'll be just fine. We won't be able to prevent Zapdos and Raikou from clashing with one another... but if falls on us to reduce the casualties to a minimum!

It's a delicate situation indeed. A duel of Legendary creatures will no doubt bring about massive destruction, and Cam's intentions are no doubt noble, but at what price? Are you willing to stay behind and risk your own safety to ensure the safety of this island's wildlife? Is it worth the risk?

- Please think this through one more time. I won't blame you if you want out... things can go south pretty quickly when the time comes. But if you're sure...

He hands you an item from his belt that you recognize as a Pokemon Ranger's main tool for turning wild Pokemon into allies - a Capture Styler.

- Let's see how you handle yourself with that. Are you familiar with how we use the Stylers to befriend Pokemon? Because that's what you'll be relying on to get them all to safety. If you think you know how to use it, go ahead and try it on that Pidgey over there. If you're not up to par, I can give you a demonstration.

He points to a Pidgey who landed nearby after your battle, merrily skipping across the sand while digging around for worms with little success. The bird seems oblivious to your presence, but will probably just fly away scared if you approach it carelessly.

Do you give the Styler a go or will you leave it to Cam?
Thanks! It's good to be back. ^^

Melissa almost held her breath as both Pokemon prepared to attack, tension singing in the air. Wildfire managed to fire off his Swift a moment before Cam's Ampharos, due to the Burn, but both attacks still landed at the same time. Her Cyndaquil was pushed back a few feet, while Ampharos was battered by exploding stars. A moment more, where she ended up actually holding her breath, and Ampharos went down, flopping forward into the sand.

She let her breath out in a whoosh, relief spreading across her face as Wildfire turned and gave her a tired grin. Stepping up to scoop him up, she briefly noted Cam returning his Ampharos as she congratulated her starter. "Nice job, bud." He huffed his agreement and then yawned, before slowly clambering up to his usual perch on her shoulder. Melissa grinned and let him settle down, though her genuine grin turned polite when she spotted Cam approaching with a smile. Wildfire quietly kept an eye on the Ranger, despite the friendly countenance he was now showing; the echidna wasn't exactly one to forgive so easily.

Melissa nodded politely as Cam explained himself a bit and once again said it was impossible to stop the Legendaries. She still doubted it was impossible, but agreed that minimizing casualties was a definite goal. The repetition and one last plea made her doubt her decision for a moment before she forcefully pushed it aside. She'd made her choice; whatever came after was her own fault.

"I'm sure." She nodded sharply when Cam trailed off and then blinked at the thing he handed her. It looked familiar and she examined it for a moment before it hit her: it was a Capture Styler! She looked back at Cam when he began speaking again and then studied the Pidgey he'd pointed to.

She glanced back at the Styler in her hands, at Cam, at the Pidgey, and then back at Cam. On the one hand, she had no idea how to control the Ranger tool; sure, she knew it would befriend Pokemon by circling it, but how did you control the thing? Also, she really didn't want to accidentally break it or something. On the other hand, Pidgey. And the possibility that she could maybe entice it to stay if she gave the Styler a go. Which, well, wasn't that much of a choice at all. Learn from your mistakes and try and all those other sayings.

"Just so you know, I have almost no idea how to use this," she told Cam as she examined the Styler for any way to pop out that little circling-thing and anything that could pass as movement controls for the thing. "Theoretically, I know you're supposed to circle a Pokemon to befriend it and not let it attack the thing doing the circling, but aside from that..." She shrugged. If she managed to figure it out on her own, she was definitely gonna give it a go. If not, well, she was pretty sure Cam would show her. Neither of them would be very happy if he had to babysit her during this crisis.


Cyndaquil goes from Lv. 44 to Lv. 45.

$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Star Material ~
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
0
Brine Island

Salin City

sweetbbydoll: No mercy. The second the man walks inside the cell, you leap out from behind and make a move for the keys in his back pocket, praying to Arceus you don’t screw up. Because if you do…

The guard is too stunned to react and fails to move fast enough to catch you. Your hand nimbly reaches for one of the many keys, hopefully defying the odds… but since all the keys are bound together by a common ring, the entire keychain comes loose and you end up stealing every single key from the man’s pocket at once! You pause briefly to take in the significance of the act, but react quickly enough to run out the door and swiftly shut the guard inside the cell in your stead. You made it!! You now find yourself outside, in the corridor leading to all the cells, and face-to-face with the door to the evidence room, where no doubt all your belongings are stored.

You start rummaging through the key ring, searching for the right key… until a whisper reaches your ears. You instinctively turn back around to find it’s the guard, of all people, that’s calling out to you as discreetly as possible!

- Hey lass! Come here will you? Look, I… I know you’re not gonna let me out. You played me right, you did! But hey, just so you know… I never wanted any harm to come to you. You’re… doing the right thing, yeah? Standing up for what you believe in, at least. Fighting someone much bigger than you too, but you already figured that out by now… Listen lass. I know I kept you locked up and all, but I had orders. To be honest, I’ll be glad if you can make a run for it before Red Hand gets here. But hey, if… if it’s not too much to ask…

He pauses for a moment, briefly choking up, but soon resumes his request.

- Could I ask you to make a detour? If… if for some reason you find the time, could you… retrieve a Pokeball for me? Well, in my stead? It’s that… when we enlisted, I believed in Layard. As proof of devotion to his cause, we had to apprehend and deliver to him a contest-trained Pokemon when we enrolled and… the only one I could get my hands on… was my little sister’s partner. I stole it from her and gave it to the Vice President’s men. It’s too late for her to forgive me but… maybe you could steal it back and take it to her?

You struggle to decide if you should keep listening or be on your way into the evidence room and out through the elevator. Who’s to say he’s not making everything up to buy time for Red Hand? If his story drags on much longer, the inquisitor could arrive before you manage to flee. On the other hand, his plea sounds sincere… should you risk going out of your way to help with his redemption?

Clock’s ticking. What do you do?
I did it! Liza thought as she grabbed the man’s keys, taking a moment to acknowledge the crime she had just committed, What’s the penalty for escaping jail time? She wondered before coming back to reality, and swiftly shutting the cell door behind her, trapping the guard that had enough sympathy for her to even fall for her plan in the first place, in her cell.

I don’t have a choose in the matter. She told herself trying not to feel the least bit guilty. The lines of what’s lawfully right and wrong are too blurred out right now from me to know for sure...but for the government to do something so heinous, am I so wrong to fight them on it?

Suddenly as Liza began trying every key on the keyring, to open the evidence room, the guard spoke up from behind his bars in a hush whisper. Hearing the guard’s words Liza wasn't sure if she wanted to even hear what he had to say, let alone believe him.

There are others? It took Liza a second to process what she had just heard from the guard trapped inside her cell. Why? Why should the Pokemon suffer too? How is it their fault? They’re innocent creatures, why not just let them go? Into the wild at least? She quickly formed her own answer, Because...they want to hold something over the trainer’s heads...this piece of shit government is no better then, then criminals that go off stealing other trainer's Pokemon!

Taking it all in, Liza was shaking. Not from how stressed this whole ordeal has been on her, or how completely over her head she was with this whole thing, no. Rage hotter and brighter then a Charizard’s tail was burning in her heart now, Disgusting, absolutely deplorable! Worse then keeping people trapped inside these cells without a fair trial.

But she had to remember, she didn’t have a lot of time and wasting it by getting angry now would only be her downfall. Red Hand was on his way, and after that, the elevator doors would surely be blocked and from then she really wouldn’t have any other way of escaping this hell hole and exacting her revenge...

Unexpectedly she soon came to the dreadful realization that even if her belongings were in the evidence room, her Pokemon on the other hand might not be. Thinking about it, why would they be right across from her? Layard at least needed to take measures in case she found a way out, right? Was the Vice President toying with her? Giving her hope, only to take it away at the last second...or had she finally gained an upper hand?

Taking in a deep breath before turning around and taking a long silent look at the guard, Liza wanted to believe him, trust him even, it wasn’t until she made up her mind that she sighed and whispered back to him. “You want redemption? Then prove to me you can help me. Tell me which one of these keys opens the evidence room. Then if I can manage it, I’ll get your sister’s Pokemon back.” Liza reasoned believing if her Pokemon weren’t in the evidence room with the rest of her belongings, her best bet was that they and even Dana’s Arcanine could be held up were the guard wanted her to go. “So out with it already, tell me where I should go to retrieve this Pokeball. And be quick about it! We don’t have much time!

[Member's Post]


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Light at the End
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
Brine Island

Salin City

Electric Blue Eye: You plead your case to Johan, the young prodigy hand-picked by Gottfried as his successor. You’re aware of the repercussions should you fail to convince him – going up against a Champion was something most people wouldn’t even dare consider. But if no other choice presents itself, so be it…

Johan hesitates to make a move, weighing your words against his own judgment. During that brief moment, you finally take a good look at the man in front of you, whom you’d previously only seen all the way up in Gottfried’s balcony. Standing face-to-face with him, Johan doesn’t really look the least bit threatening. In fact, he seems to be the direct contradiction of everything that defines Gottfried. He is decidedly young, around your age or maybe even less so; his complexion is fair, his eyes a deep green and his hair a blonde so faint it’s almost white, traits of a northerner for sure. Where Gottfried exudes an aura of power and absolute control, Johan looks like he wouldn’t hurt a fly, as if the mere prospect of engaging you is abhorrent to him and something he’ll only do if absolutely imperative. A Champion who hates to battle… is that even possible? And if so, why would Gottfried pick him in the first place?

- Your word is all I have to go for. I… I want to believe you. The way you battled Sean – that’s not how a man of dark heart fights. But I’ve been wrong before…

He finally settles on one of the Pokeballs he carries. After tossing it to the ground, a creature you don’t recall ever seeing before materializes between you and Johan – a
who flutters in mid-air, filling the room with a wonderful scent.

- She’s a better judge of character than I could ever hope to be. Be my mind’s eye, dear.

The Spritzee flies over to you, lands delicately on your head and stands still for a moment. She then returns to Johan, nestling on his shoulder with a calm look on her face.

- I see. It seems I should have trusted my instincts this time… She believes you, so I will as well. Unfortunately, that means I’m back to where I started.

He walks over to you and shakes your hand.

- I apologize for my initial misjudgment. I can’t be too careful – there’s something very wrong with this tournament, and I believe whoever harmed Trevor did so to get to my mentor. Contrary to what it might appear, Gottfried’s health is already frail; I can’t take any chances when it comes to protecting him.

He recalls Spritzee, politely thanking her for her help, and turns to you once more.

- If you are being framed for what happened to Trevor, then you’re a target as well. I trust you’ll want to get to the bottom of this as much as I… so please, ask me anything. I’ll answer to the best of my ability, and maybe together we can figure this out.
Stats.

"A Spritzee huh? Never seen one of those before..." the trainer said as he retrieved a beat up looking Pokedex from his back pocket and pointed it at the pink puff ball as it flew back to it's trainer: "Spritzee, the Perfume Pokemon," the machine droned, "Spritzee give off a pleasant fragrance that delights anyone who's around to sniff it. It's been said that ladies of royalty would sometimes acquire a specific smelling Spritzee to carry around with them. The fragrance is dependent on what they eat."

"An interesting choice for a Champion-to-be to have, of course don't take that the wrong way, I follow the Elite Fours Karen's philosophy, to fight battles with your favorites. So, no judgement from me haha." Ethan soon cleared his throat realizing he was rumbling on, "I'm relieved that you can at least trust me a little, I don't know what I could possibly ask that you haven't asked yourself already, trying to solve this but maybe...if I can pick your brain a little, we might be able to come up with something..."

Ethan thought for a moment before beginning to pace the room, as the gears inside his head began to move and questions began to form, "I can ask you anything? Well then..." Ethan placed his hand on his 5 o'clock shadow, scratching it a little before moving on, "There's something that's been bothering me since my arrival. For instance, how did anyone know I was carrying a few of the Arceus Plates, my assumption has always been that someone has access to the information of the registered challengers, Do you know anyone that has access to the challengers registery?" He stopped a moment to stare at Johan before continuing, "Pietro's outburst made me even more skeptical that he knew I had them. Why else want to accuse me, when I don't even have the foggiest idea what Trevor even looks like...and then there was the argument between him and Luther...Has there ever been tension between the Gym Leaders before this?" Ethan stopped briefly, taking in the significance of his question, "It might not mean anything plainly put like that, and I might not be a cop- trust me. But from what I know, crimes like these are usually committed by someone close...it's possible someone close to Trevor attacked him."

"You said, that the reason Trevor was attacked in the first place was to get to Gottfried? Let's assume that's the case then, for what reason does this person have to go after him? A grudge perhaps, I doubt they're doing all of this for the grand prize in the tournament...then again, a Champion's breed Pokemon would probably fetch a high price in the black market...Does anyone have any long standing grudge against the Champion? We could even have this completely backwards, what if they aren't trying to get to Gottfired but you instead, Is there anyone that doesn't like that you've become the Champion's successor? What about the other challengers? I've heard rumors that one of them used to be connected to you somehow- ugh, what was his name? Kayl Kessler? Did you even know they were here today? Really, I'm still trying to figure out who allowed me to even enter the tournament since I couldn't even qualify in the first place..." Ethan paused briefly looking down as if ashamed he entered on a technicality before resuming his composure, "I'm sorry, you're probably pressed on time, I shouldn't be holding you like this. Unfortunately those are the only questions that come to mind..."

Ethan let out a sigh before collapsing on the couch, "Sorry, I've been standing so long on that stage, I needed a breather...but hey," Ethan began to say, "For whatever it's worth, Gottfried is lucky to have someone like you looking out for him. I'm sorry for what his going through, I can't even imagine...but don't work yourself too hard. We aren't going to solve this in a night or even in an hour, if earlier today is any indication whoever is doing this is doing so to create panic. Maybe in his own way, Gottfried wanted the tournament to continue because he didn't want to give into the chaos." Ethan concluded awaiting Johan's answers.


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Glacier Island

Boreal Wastelands

Treepandaone: The pent-up stress finally gets to you ,and you break. As if killing a Pokemon wasn’t bad enough, it seems it was all in vain – not even its meat is good enough to feed the camp. You come clean to Jacob, who looks on in silence, like a stoic judge in a murder trial. When you stop, he drops to one knee and rests a hand on your shoulder.

- Relax, you did good. We can make use of more than just Piloswine’s flesh; yeah, it’s a shame that’ll go to waste, but the pelt and tusks are always useful. Don’t beat yourself up over it – it was nice enough of you to give it a shot. I know you’d never hunted down Pokemon for food before, and I can tell how much it upsets you… but the damn reality is, you get used to it after a while. Living like we do, we grow numb to a lot more shit than we should. Come on, let’s go bac…

- Jacob! Get your ass over here now!!

It’s Dylan. The distress in his voice is palpable. The man’s shouts echo across the frozen wasteland, causing you both to look over immediately. He and his Magneton are standing next to something… no, someone… there’s a man down!

- Damn it… Matthew, come on!

You both rush over to Dylan’s location, temporarily tossing aside all other worries. Losing men is infinitely more important than losing a meal. Jacob gets there first, followed closely by you. When you approach Dylan, you notice his face is pale and his expression unreadable – completely different from the aggressive, hostile guy that pushed you out of the snowmobile earlier.

- Jacob… it’s…

- Fuck, it’s Drummond!

It is. Looking down to the man laying on the ice, you recognize the elder that gave you both advice and a Heat Rock the day before, and who served as a scout in this expedition. He’s alive, but barely so; coughing up blood, he barely manages to speak without stopping to catch his breath, but he has a look of tranquility on his face... On closer inspection, you notice a large wound in his abdomen, as if something pierced through skin and flesh. The snow around him is bright red, and all three of you immediately know there is no way the old man is going to make it.

- Ugh… fucking ‘swine. Got careless once in my life, and this is what I get! Hah, serves this idiot right... Let this be a l-lesson for you kids. Did… did you get your… urggh!

He clutches his stomach harder, starts coughing uncontrollably and suddenly, Dylan pushes you and Jacob back.

- No, not that… No!!

Jacob picks up on the motive for Dylan’s horror first. It’s the wound… it’s freezing over. Ice crystals slowly form around the edge of the ripped flesh; blood beings to crystallize. As Drummond’s life draws to a close… a new one is beginning.

- Jacob, Drummond’s infected. Look, if this keeps up a Shard’s gonna form!

The leader’s expression is hardened. He stares down at Drummond, weighing his options, then turns to you and explains.

- Shards are born by absorbing the last of an infected victim’s life force. If left alone, they consume the infected’s body and use that energy to grow and multiply. Essentially… Drummond’s feeding that Shard.

Dylan curses loudly, drops to his knees and punches the ice over and over again out of sheer frustration. Jacob, more composed, lays down your options.

- The only way to stop a Shard from fully maturing is to burn the infected. If Drummond dies from this wound, he might have a peaceful death, but he’ll leave behind a Shard that can infect us in turn. If we… - he lowers his voice and his head at the same time. – if we burn him alive, the Shard dies with him. I… I know I’m the leader, but fuck, I can’t make this call on my own. I’ve known the old man for years!

His eyes water and his voice falters; Jacob is showing true signs of weakness for the first time since you met him.

Matthew, please help me out: what do you think we should do?
Jacob's words, and more importantly his action, was immensely reassuring to the trainer in an odd sort of way, as his realities soon begun to sink in. Living here was going to be the hardest adventure he had ever faced, if it was not already. Long gone was the idea of a Pokémon Trainer walking into a bad situation and cleaning it up with only minor hassle, instead the nightmare would persist, each scenario deeper, harder, more painful to ones soul than Matthew could ever imagine. His spiritual side had come in leaps and bounds since he first landed on the shores of Fizzy Bubbles, but practicing it in the most dire of circumstances, here along the frozen wastelands of the Glacier Isles, was another thing entirely. Jacob had lifted a weight ten-fold his everyday stress from his shoulders with his inspirational words of wisdom, but there was something nagging in the back of Matthew's mind.

He felt … nothing. Time had worn off any shock he could have had, feelings of remorse and guilt had time to appreciate within his system, and yet he felt nothing. He was irritated, sure, and his lack of emotion after killing his first Pokémon irked his soul, but there was no break-down, no transcendence of character after taking a life. It was as if all his ego was concerned about was delivering for the rest of the camp, upset at ruining a kill with toxic but became surprisingly uplifted with no real effort required. Even that became a question, these people had taken him in but there was no real connection of friendship between himself and the group, a little affection for Drummond's character but he had no affinity to the rest of the survivors. Was this about self-preservation? Had he murdered an animal to seek approval from a group he cared little about, or even worse to show power and value to those keeping him safe and warm and night? Such questions shook him to his core, not the violence or death, but the idea that he had become so unattached, so distant and callous that desensitization was possible.

Matthew tuned back in as Jacob was being called over before taking to his feet and walking over to catch up. The questions rang over and over in his head in a repeating format, like a parrot with a disposition to personality, its one-track frame of mind and purpose to continually batter away at Matthew's psyche until he was forced to engage the issue. His own worries, however, were quickly put to bed as he saw a familiar face staring up at him, blood pouring down his face and from his abdomen.

It was Drummond. His last words were barely comprehensible as Matthew signed a prayer for his afterlife to be more comfortable than his reality. His existence had turned him hard, but kind words when nobody else would spare a glance and gifts of old power for naught but the sensibilities revealed Drummond's true nature was really about; how harsh the environment that could turn sensibilities to dust, replacing them with bitterness or anger. The world was dangerous, strictly speaking, but this place was something different. Some cooked up by the devil himself and spread across the land like a plague. Jacob explained more as an ice sculpture appeared to forming around the wound. Shards were forming around his life force, draining whatever strength the old man had left and turning it into pure evil. Dylan's frustrations played out on his face, the trainer dropping down and punching the fragile ground below. Jacob asked the question nobody wanted to answer, what to do about Drummond?

“I-I don't understand, how is he infected? The Piloswine got him, not a shard!”

On one hand he was confused, misdirecting away from the real issue at hand, unable to make a true decision. He had known the group for less than a day, and his vote was to be the deciding one? The old man had given him a lifeline in the camp, a seed of friendship sown, but the tree was far from grown, roots hardly planted even, and he was the one forced to dictate the passing. A shard was terrible, yes, but to inflict so much pain in ones final moments was barbaric. A barbaric act that could get him kicked out of the camp if he wasn't careful, Drummond was clearly a loved figure and to find out the new guy had him burned to death was not a storyline that sat well with his stomach, let alone everyone elses'. On the other, however, the Shards were the most dangerous thing in the region. To spawn another could cause even more catastrophic events which could chain to disastrous consequences. Letting one form and hopping on snowmobiles to ride away without trouble was a fantasy, the group had just scared a small pack of females away but a Shard with the speed shown in their first encounter would be on them in a flash, decimating the Piloswine population further and creating another half-dozen Shards in the process. Not to mention how fast the thing was forming, would they even have time to pick up their kills before the getaway or would the entire hunt be wasted, all that blood for nothing?

“I didn't know him as well as you guys did, I can't make that call. All I know is that if I wouldn't want to become one of them, to kill for them. If I ever get that way, burn me without hesitation” Matthew finalized before recanting the last line of a Norse poem, “leave your seats, ye heroes, and go forth to greet the king”
 
Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
138
Reaction score
0
MarbleZone;5436231 said:
Lily Island

The Silver Forest

jolteonjak: The final stand-off begins. Gasping for air, Excadrill looks on as Cyndaquil unlocks his hidden potential and achieves an entirely new form, finally evolving after all the time he spent alongside you in your travels. No longer a tiny echidna, flames burn bright and strong from the reborn Quilava as he glares back at his foes.

- That bond! Could it be…

Excadrill buries his claws into the ground, again receiving silent instructions from Baro, and channels every last remnant of his energy into the earth, creating a row of protruding spikes that travel the soil straight at your partner; at the same time, Quilava gathers what energy he has left of his own and releases a stream of flames much larger than you’ve ever seen him unleash. Earth Power and Flamethrower move at equal speed in opposite directions, flames flying above the spikes as they meet in the middle.

- Could it be that…

Rock spires close in on the exhausted Quilava, and the torrent of flames prepares to strike the Excadrill. Both you and Baro know that whoever hits first will win the fight.

The end comes when one last earthen spike rises from the forest ground, half-inch away from Quilava’s neck… and stops. You look over to the foe’s side and see the reason – Excadrill is engulfed in fire, yelling in pain, and as it subsides seconds later, the creature loses its footing and falls… unable to get back up! Quilava gained 1 Level!

- Could it be that I was wrong?

Baro is stunned, unable to react out of sheer incredulity. The perfect bond he had with Excadrill has just been bested by an unremarkable kid. It takes him almost a minute to snap out of his trance and walk over to Excadrill, recalling him to safety. The way he looks at you is completely different from before, anger and defiance gone, having given place to shame and, suprisingly, a glimpse of respect.

- Maybe… maybe Saint isn’t mistaken after all. You may have the potential to be someone special. A true Gifted doesn’t yell his orders like common rabble, but perhaps you're just lacking experience. Come, let me show you the Wall… you might understand then.

He tosses you
1x Sitrus Berry
and starts walking away from the clearing and into the woods, barely giving you time to catch up. When you do, you still struggle to keep up with the huge man. He isn’t speaking, perhaps pondering on his impossible defeat, or perhaps on the words of Saint and how he defied him by engaging you. Be that as it may, the journey across the forest is a peaceful one, as if Baro’s mere presence is enough to keep hostile wild Pokémon away. And after some hours of walking in silence, you realize you’re moving out of the woods as the trees start to become a progressively rarer sight.

Before long, you and Baro reach the foothill of a tall, rocky, desolate mountain that stands alone in the center of the forest you just crossed.

- We climb. The wall is at the peak. Stop to rest and die by the talons of the local fauna.

Despite his earlier change of heart, Baro still clearly holds a grudge. If he hated you for Saint’s unwarranted trust before, now it seems he’s angry at the way you humbled him. Either way, this is one man you won't be befriending any time soon.

Baro finds a narrow trail that leads up the mountainside and takes the front. You follow close behind and dutifully climb your way up, for what feels like hours, minding your footing while keeping the native’s words in the back of your mind – the creatures of the mountain don’t seem to bow to Baro’s will, unlike those of the forest… In fact, a powerful cry in the skies above makes you instantly look up in concern, but you spot nothing. What does happen, in that momentary distraction, is a big chunk of loose rock crumbling beneath your feet. Causing you to lose your bearing and tumble to the side and roll off the narrow ledge!

Out of pure instinct, you manage to hold on to the edge of a boulder with one hand, your whole body dangling off the side of the cliff. Although common sense always yell “don’t look down!”, it’s what everyone always does. And looking down, the forest you crossed earlier is now little more than a speckle of green in the distance… how high did you climb already?!

Your hand hurts. Your grip weakens. Baro noticed, and stands on the ledge looking at you, unmoving. If he’s in any way concerned, he doesn’t show it. But he doesn’t turn around to leave either, or stomp on your toes… he just stands there, as if testing your resolve.

You can’t hold on much longer, and if you lose your grip, who knows what’ll happen to you! Baro’s aid is a scream away, will you cry for his help? Or will your pride lead you to try doing this on your own? It’s a decision you’ll have to make… right now!!

One final attack. Chad hoped that was all he needed to finish this tough opponent. Flamethrower against Earth Power. Which would prevail? The flames raced through the air towards Excadrill, while earthen spikes break through the ground from where the Subterrene Pokémon summoned on their way to where Quilava stood. The attacks passed each other as they headed towards their targets.

The rock spikes get closer and closer to Quilava, and just before the attack hit him it stopped. Chad looked up and over at Baro. His eyes lit up with surprise. Excadrill was struck by the Flamethrower attack and actually on fire! Excadrill cried out in pain. Once the flames extinguished, it collapsed, unable to stand.

“Could it be that I was wrong?” Baro uttered, astounded. For a brief moment, Baro stood there silent, unmoving. Suddenly he snapped out of it and tended to Excadrill.

“Quilava, you did it!” Chad ran to the Volcano Pokémon’s side. Falling to his knees, he reached out to his partner and hugged him. Quilava stood on his hind legs and hugged Chad back. “I’m so proud of you, and you even evolved to do it. You’re amazing!”

“Maybe… maybe Saint isn’t mistaken after all. You may have the potential to be someone special. A true Gifted doesn’t yell his orders like common rabble, but perhaps you're just lacking experience,” Baro explained. He tossed something to Chad. “Come, let me show you the Wall… you might understand then.”

Chad examined what he caught. It was a Sitrus Berry. “Thank you,” he replied. “Eat up bud. You definitely earned it.” Quilava immediately began to eat the berry.

Baro had already begun walking away, so Chad and Quilava ran to catch up. The walk through the forest was quiet, Baro was silent. Chad wondered if he was plotting revenge. Perhaps he should have a battle strategy prepared with Quilava. The trees, which heavily populated the forest, became more scarce now. Baro was taking Chad out of the forest.

Soon after leaving the forest, Baro and Chad ended up at a foothill. Chad looked up to see a tall mountain in the middle of the forest. Chad took this moment to catch his breath. He looked back at the forest, worried. He hadn’t forgotten about Heracross. He hoped he wasn’t in danger.

Baro explained that they would climb, and the Wall was at the peak. “Stop to rest and die by the talons of the local fauna.” Chad gulped.

“Rest up Quilava. I’ll see you soon,” Chad recalled his Pokémon to his Pokeball.

Baro began walking again up a narrow trail he found. They began their ascent up the foothill. Chad followed close behind. Something about the mountain made Chad think they both weren’t as safe as they would be if they were still in the forest. Maybe Baro didn’t have the influence here that he had in the forest. Suddenly a loud cry from above seemed to confirm Chad’s concerns. He quickly looked up to see, but there was nothing in the sky. The ground beneath Chad gave way, and it caused him to lose his balance. Chad fell and started to roll off the cliff. He managed to save himself and was hanging from a boulder.

Against his better judgment, Chad looked down. Surprisingly, he discovered just how high up they had climbed already. He looked up once again. Baro was watching him. Staring. Not helping. Chad briefly thought Baro wanted him to fall for defeating him in battle. Chad considered asking for help. His hand was in pain. Maybe Baro was testing him.

Chad decided he was going to try to save himself. He swung his free hand up to meet his other hand on the boulder. He only took a brief second to catch his breath and allow his hand some much-needed relief. “I can… do this,” he grunted as he struggled. “Heracross… is depending on me!” Then Chad began to pull himself up to safety.



Stats
OOC: Recording a level increase for Quilava. He raises his level from 58 to 59.

$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
According to my research
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
109
Reaction score
0


The SS Leviathan Shipwreck

CyberBlastoise: There's no time to waste. Stopping to look above the mist is too risky, especially now that the Jellicent have grown restless. The corridor was a straight one, so as long as you keep crawling forward you should reach the end... right?

As you keep going, you think back to the green Jellicent at the end of the hall - even if you make it all the way over there, how are you going to get the door open and pass through that one? The deeper in you go, the more this feels like a lost cause. And even so, the ghosts' unrest seems to have nothing to do with you after all... otherwise they'd have jumped you by now, but haven't. And in that case, what could be upsetti...

*BONK*

Something smashes against your forehead, and it takes a great deal of restraint not to yell or curse. You wince in pain as you try to figure out the source of impact, and soon find an equally distressed-looking
Piplup rubbing its own head!

You hurry to hush the Water-Type, only to find it does the same to you. Smartass... You notice the Pokemon dropped something when it collided with you, and even through the mist it's easy to identify the object as a very old-looking, rusty can of tuna... how many decades has it been in this ship? And was Piplup seriously considering eating that? No, there's something else...

The penguin, sticking close to the ground much like you to avoid detection, points to the door where you came in from, signaling it was intending to get over there. Is it taking food to someone else then? Could it be... the bloody door?...

Suddenly, the layer of mist above you splits apart and the massive head of one of the male Jellicent peers beneath the haze. The commotion, contained as it was, seems to have alerted them after all! It takes a while to realize what's happening, but upon sensing your life force, the Ghost-type lets out an ear-splitting moan! The mist fades and every single Jellicent in the room turns its attention to the two of you, save for the green one who keeps staring at the door at the far end. You're in trouble now!!

You have to make a choice quickly now... Piplup blew your cover but it didn't mean to; the Water-Type seems even more terrified than you do, and for good reason! It's fight or flight time. Will you try to engage the multiple Jellicent or run away, now that you're square in the middle of the corridor? If you try to flee, which way do you go - the door you intended to reach or the one you came in from? And what about Piplup - will you take it with you or will it just weigh you down? You did have different destinations after all...

Quick, what do you do?!


(Sorry can't find the proper color in this new forum layout, hopefully this will be close enough.)
Bill continued to crawl, of course there was that Jellicent at the end. He had heard of Pokemon of different colors appearing from time to time, but he had heard that those instances were only from Pokemon hatched in captivity, as if one is hatched in the wild it gets poached due to its rareness. That being said the fact that this thing survived this long meant that it probably endured a lot of hardships, and without any Pokemon to aid him, Bill would have been just a sitting duck. However, even though he was being extra super stealthy, his stealth wasn't perfect, as one of them slapped him upside the head....or so he thought.

As he turned his head in a near panic, he saw that the Pokemon in question didn't so much slap him as it did bump him in the head with its own, judging by how it was rubbing it. It was also in a somewhat panicky situation. Bill quickly crawled up to shush the Pokemon before it gave away his position....only to find a flipper up to his mouth, showing the Piplup was thinking the same thing. A smile left Bill's mouth for a moment, until he took a moment to reassess the situation. The Piplup grabbed something, a rusty can of tuna? Bill knew that Pokemon had some of the most resilient stomachs in the world (only one cataloged disease could even affect most of them) but still, he thought that they would've had to have some limit. The Piplup pointed Bill in the opposite direction of where he was headed. Seems like the bird was headed over there, but there wasn't anything that way except those wingulls and.....that bloody door.

Unfortunately, this peace wasn't to last. Bill heard some stirring going on through the mist. He and the Piplup looked to his left, then his right, then straight up into the eyes of the Jellicent that was floating above them. Oh crap... he thought. He and the Piplup looked at each other for one last panicked second before the thing shrieked. "Dammit" Bill cursed. Though the green Jellicent seemed unaware of the commotion, all the others started to gang up on the trainer and the Pokemon. He looked down at the Piplup. Then back at the Jellicent and said to himself "I'm so gonna regret this." He had been through worse situations before this and he knew he was gonna make it through this to get in worse situations in the future. He just had to. But he couldn't live with himself if he left the Piplup to die. He grit his teeth and took off to the side of the room.

"Hey, you big blobs over here!" Bill frantically waved his arms to get their attention. Bill looked at the Piplup then towards the exit that it was its destination, hoping that it would get the signal while the Jellicent would be distracted with him. But if they just turned to the Piplup, he was ready to make a beeline for the Piplup then the door that it was going through. It just depended on their decisions.


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2016
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
CASCADIA
Far off of the coasts of the mainland Fizzy Bubble zones, remote in the Silver Ocean, an island chain sits in basically, the middle of nowhere. These islands contain the some of the most diverse typing of Pokemon in the entirety of Fizzy Bubbles. All of these islands are actually volcanoes, but the majority of them have gone dormant. As many Pokemon spend all their lives here, many fossils of Pokemon and plants are buried in the depths of the volcanic ground, maybe some of these may be worth a look? You start out on the island that you first choose, via a ferry. In order to change areas afterward, Surf or Fly is a necessity.

Lily Island
With a totally different landscape from the first, Lily Island is the second largest of the archipelago. Completely covered with vegetation, this island was also formed by a volcano. However, erosion has taken this island down to almost flat, and giving many homes to all types of grass and bug Pokemon among others. Inside the dense jungle, which takes up about a half of the island, there is a very small lake. There are two different forests on the island, and you can tell when you've gone from one forest to another. Besides being divided by the Diamond River, some strange force causes them to have completely different climates as well...
The Silver Forest - The forest which takes up a bit more than half of the island, Silver Island is named for the silver veins the leaves are adorned with. A deciduous forest, you'll mainly see flying and bug types here, due to the lack of ground vegetation. There is a rest stop somewhere in the forest, helping trainers on their way.
Aposteriori continues his research of avian Pokémon. Today, he has stumbled upon Lily Island, specifically the Silver Forest. The ambiance is rather nice, though he might need some repellent with all of these bugs looming around. Aposteriori continues to stroll into the silver forest, finally landing somewhere in the middle, whilst still retired from the lake. The sky is easily covered by the foliage, though the irritating sun rays still make it through. It would be a nice idea to head to the lake and freshen up. Laundry seems not to be an issue right now, so he is good on that front. A good dive in the lake is all Aposteriori could really strive to right now. Then again, there is plenty to see inside the dense forest.

“I wonder what half of these trees are made up of. It is clear that different Pokémon are attracted to different type of scenery.”

Aposteriori has his eyes filled with a bright shine, looking straight up at the trees and seeing the amazing foliage move around. He might not be able to make out any Pokémon per say, but he can at least tell that there is stuff all over the trees that bring it to life.

“The weather is particularly nice, but given the nature of forest in general, rain can approach at any given time. It would be nice to set up camp somewhere where the trees can cover the rain if need be.”

Aposteriori heads over to a perfectly sized tree niche that has been overcrowded by much bigger trees. The researcher starts to set up camp under the tree, which is a convenient starting point for whatever he might do in this part of the woods. The trainer pulls out a map to see what else is around this area. It might seem that he is distracted, though he still very much aware of his surroundings, he wouldn’t want to get poached by anything strange.

Profile


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
7
Glacier Island
Named by the first of the explorers to the island chain, Glacier Island isn't even an island. It is basically a large iceberg sitting in the middle of the sea, which has provided a home to many ice types. Many have attempted to find out why the ice doesn't melt, but each of them has failed in turn. This is just one of the mysteries of this island that go unsolved. Possibly some clues lie in the depths of the iceberg?

Icicle Caverns - Dug by scientists and explorers, a large cavern dips deep into the ice chunk branches off into two a bit in. The temperature in here is much colder than the outside, reaching -50 degrees (F). This alone makes it hard for most Pokemon to endure, but the lack of light also makes this a very difficult area to explore, but the benefits are said to be worth it, as adventurers have returned bearing treasures.
There was much to say about the odd locales he had been to. Arid deserts, tropical forests, strange and unusual ruins, haunted mansions (allegedly), but never had he set foot into a climate that was deemed cold.

Until now.

The volcanic island range of Cascadia was a foreign concept to Alex, and he had only heard of them from some fellow trainers at the bar and grill months ago. Specifically, how the active volcano of Aduro fell dormant, despite years of savage activity, and as interesting as this seemed, the last time he had ventured to climes of high temperature, he had got into more trouble than he had bargained. No, this day he felt like a change of pace. Taking time to invest in weatherprof clothing, including a padded trenchcoat under a thick jacket stuffed with Mareep wool and finished with Camerupt fur lining, the donating creatures having been farm reared, he wasn't taking many chances of feeling the cold immediately. And in case he did on this oversized iceberg, he had company: His trusty starter, Nothung the Infernape.

With a lantern in hand, the pair found themselves in the midst of an encroaching blizzard. Seeking shelter before the storm blew over, Alex brought his neckerchief up over his face in a half-hearted attempt to keep his chin warm and dry, but as the wind howled and flakes of snow and ice licked at him, he began to have some concern. Perhaps he would have to resort to bunkering down and hoping the monkey's fire would outlast.

"Nape!"

Following the cry, Alex looked towards the pointed finger, and a crevice in the ice. Perhaps this was the best shelter he'd find...trudging through the snow, he was relieved to find the opening wide enough to accompany his artificial bulk, and with not a moment to spare clambered down into the caverns below, the fire type following, as the pair, illuminated by both lantern and crown of fire, ventured into the deep, cold dark. Who knew what awaited the pair, but surely it beat the frigid maelstrom that descended onto the plains above...


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
New Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Oniero Ruins - Another of the strange ruins of the island, the Oniero Ruins are a series of large, white rocks placed in a circle around a black rock in the middle, which is said to have powerful properties if touched. However, as one enters the ring, they find themselves in a dreamlike state, making this a rather interesting part of the island.
With the evening sun beginning to drop in the sky, Ricardo stands atop one of the many hills surrounding the Oniero Ruins. His arms are crossed, and a frown is upon his face, the trainer in an uncharacteristically deep thought. Standing on his left shoulder, steadying his position with an arm around the back of his trainer's head, Enzo turns towards Ricardo with a small frown on his face, clearly somewhat perturbed by the strange nature being shown by the young man. Mistral, hovering to the right of Ricardo, simply scoffs, turning away with a soured expression.

- Thoughtful my ass. You've never been thoughtful in your life. What is going through that thick skull of yours this time? -

The telepathic message was delivered with a telling slice of venom, the wincing pain dragging Ricardo back from his thoughts with an abrupt thud. Grunting, the masked man turns towards his Shuppet, his eyes shining with awe once again.

[color=grey=- Oh God. Here we go. -[/color]

Unable to stop himself upon hearing the snarky remark, Ricardo bursts out laughing, and Enzo seems much more spirited on hearing the booming tones of laughter emanating from his trainer, leaping the short distance down to the ground and croaking a loud cry of his own. Grinning at the antics of his Croagunk, Ricardo turns towards Mistral, addressing the Shuppet directly.

"Hey, Mistral. You're pretty in tune with supernatural forces and all that hoodoo, yeah? What do you think of these ruins?"

Mistral immediately frowns once again, the Shuppet clearly displeased by the question. Hissing at his trainer, the grey ghost turns away, before once again sending a telepathic message dripping with venom.

- I'm not even going to deign to answer the question. Heaven forbid I encourage your antics. -

With that, Mistral begins to float off towards the ruins, the Shuppet unable to completely mask his bubbling interest in the strange rocks before them. Hiding a small smile, Ricardo nods towards Enzo, the Croagunk merrily falling in line with his trainer and following the lead of Mistral, arms swinging at his side.

Profile.


$>300
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What's society's problem?
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Venom Isle

Plague Swamp

DaveTheFishGuy: Both the Healer and the Keeper stay silent as you try to talk yourself out of this mess. The woman's eyes shift repeatedly between you, Nobby and Jason, letting a trace of nervousness shine through, while the man keeps staring straight at you only, with an unreadable expression. It's him who speaks first while the Arbok coils ominously around him.

- You say this woman wants to "reverse the damage" done to this island whereas I do not? Such ignorance. This isle is only damaged by the so called "Healers"' presence. Look around you boy... this is Venom Island! It is as it's always been, a safe haven for the poisonous creatures the rest of this world despises. It is in no way damaged - if anything, it thrives as its borders grow by the day. You share that Healer's mentality that this isle is broken and in need of saving... failing to realize this is simply what it was meant to be! Change it, tamper with the natural balance, and all of these Pokemon die. You'd like that perhaps, even though you're accompanied by two Poison-Types yourself. Countless others just like yours would lose their home if the Healers have their way. You say you couldn't let an "innocent" Tranquill die - but does that mean the Grimer are "guilty" for seeking food? This is nature boy... and it's supremely arrogant to try and change it to match your preferences.

He turns his back to you and starts walking away, leaving you with one final message.

- If your eyes can still be opened to the truth, you will be welcome amongst us in our settlement to the South. We are the Keepers of this Isle's balance, protectors of that which the rest of the world would see erased from the map.

He disappears into the mist, leaving you and your partners alone with the woman and her Ludicolo. She seems visibly enraged at the Keeper's words and is quick to answer back, even though the man is too far to hear her by now.

- You idiot! You'd have this whole Archipelago condemned because you prefer to let nature run its course without even trying to do something about it?

She takes a deep breath, trying to regain her composure, but turns to you with still visibly irritated.

- As much as he tries to convince himself otherwise, Venom Island can't continue to exist. It's not a case of stopping its expansion... growing and invading its surroundings is part of this Isle's essence. "Tampering" with this balance he holds so precious is the only way to preserve the rest of Cascadia - something he refuses to acknowledge! My team and I are here to try and purify Venom Isle, to stop it from expanding its borders into nearby islands, and the only way to do that is to clear out the poison. If we let things progress, if Venom Isle's growth goes unchecked, it'll contaminate and swallow Aduro in no time, and from there every other land in the Archipelago. There's no way around it... this wretched Isle has to be purged for all the others to survive. The native Pokemon might have to be weeded out, but we'll save ten times as many lives!

She recalls Ludicolo, turns back around and leaves you with a plea of her own.

- If you haven't been poisoned by that man's words, I'd welcome your help in cleansing this island; just meet me back at our Sanctum to the North. We are the Healers of this Archipelago, preservers of that which others would qlet die rather than oppose the whims of nature.

Soon, you're all alone again. Nobby and Jason look to you, expectant and worried. It seems you can either make a choice now, or keep roaming this island aimlessly - and while that might not come as a problem for neither the Croagunk nor the Koffing, how long can you realistically last in such a noxious atmosphere, surrounded by starving venomous Pokemon?

What will you do?
Dave was slowly reminded why he hated people. People made things complicated, applying opinion and morality to situations that should be nicely black and white. He prided himself on being relatively neutral, but all too often this was taken by some individuals as going against them, just because he could see where an opposing viewpoint was coming from. And that was exactly what was going to happen here. Again. Why did humans have to ruin everything?

He listened to both points of view. First the Keeper's, who chastised him for thinking this island needed 'correcting'. That wasn't what he'd meant, but again, that was what happened when you tried to be neutral. The more the Arbok-accompanied man spoke, the more he found himself agreeing. All things needed a place in the world, after all. Where were Poison-types supposed to live, after all? Wetlands like the Great Marsh, perhaps, but outside of that there were only landfills and power station outlets. Artificial environments for artificial Pokémon. His eyes flickered to the corner of his eye to glance at Nobby. Where was a Koffing supposed to call home?

He grit his teeth as the man turned away, inviting him to his home toward the South. No sooner has he stalked away than the woman loosed an outburst of her own. Turning to regard her, Dave folded his arms, tilting his head to one side. He was finding it hard to make sense of this - While everyone knew Venom Isle was driven to its current state by toxic waste dumps, he'd not heard anything about it spreading. The ocean was a huge dilution factor to overcome - surely it was impossible for a limited amount of waste to spread across the sea to the other islands in Cascadia? He wouldn't know without doing research of his own, but as far as he was concerned this woman and her Healers souned like typical environmental hippies. While this was a more extreme case than he was used to, he couldn't help but feel a healthy amount of cynicism toward their cause.

As she left, leaving him and his two partners alone, he pondered. Jason relaxed a little, though the Croagunk could never be said to fully go off-guard, while Nobby floated in front of him, looking a lot more calmed now things had quieted. "Did I ever tell you how much I hate other people?" he chuckled dryly, earning a snigger from the Koffing and a deadpan look from the frog. "Well then lads, looks like we're in the middle of something again. Just our luck, eh?" He was talking mostly to himself, staring at a patch of poisonous slime on the ground in front of him as he mulled things over. While he was all for the prosperity of nature, he also wanted to give everything a fair chance. "I hate picking sides." he grumbled.

"While that woman means well, she gives me a weird vibe. Overzealous nature-lovers like that always do. Ironically." he murmured. "I want to get the real story about this place... and I think I'm only gonna get that from the people who've been here all along." he spoke aloud. He didn't want to get pulled into a radical struggle to purge this island of all its toxins - that would be impossible, and despite what the Healer had said about the native Pokémon being wiped out, that wasn't how his brain worked. The needs of the many did not always outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

Looking to both his companions, he nodded, a gesture that they both returned. Setting his gaze on the direction the man with the Arbok had vanished into, he started to move again, squelching through the mud toward the South, Jason hopping after him while Nobby trailed through the air in his wake. He wasn't taking sides, but he wanted to find out how all this had started. Besides... he had someone who'd probably want to meet that Arbok at the Keeper's side...


$
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Overstressed Gay
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Crater Island
Like the other islands of the archipelago, Crater Island is an inactive volcano. After what seems to be an excessively violent eruption, the empty crater filled with water, forming a lake. Many water types of many types live in the fresh water lake, and there are legends that some things lie in the depths of the lake...Possibly underwater caverns?
Iridi Beach - Formed by some strange mineral, Iridi Beach's sand is a very bright, sparkly white. Rather than black, like most volcanic sand, this is more of the sand you might find at a normal beach. A few sunbathing Pokemon who venture from the water may be found here, but mostly, this is just a tourist attraction.
Lillian walked around the Iridi Beach, close to the edge of the water. She had also planned another teacher and pupil like expedition with two of her Pokemon. The first was Farseer, her Alomomola, who was happy to be outside and about after being stuck in the fish tank at Blaze's base for such a long time. Not that he really minded it in there, since he had plenty of room to swim around and plenty of people who he could talk to, but the wide open space of the beach and the lake it surrounded was something that he found he sorely missed. But for his partner...he wasn't being nearly as cooperative as Lillian had hoped. Then again, it was Adrammelech, Lillian's Binacle. Outside of having his superiority complex which would drive most Pokemon insane to no end, he was also very aggressive towards other party members, having no problems scratching and shooting out Water Guns at others. Fortunately, he was still a low-level, so this meant that he wasn't really one to do a lot of damage at one time. Lillian enjoyed being on the beach; a two-piece swimsuit that accentuated her new found curves was what Remilia had picked out for her, and while she found it quite embarrassing, she was slowly getting used to it. Lillian had come here to relax and to chill out on the beach; Farseer was going to take the reins in this outing.

"Adrammelech, I do understand that you are not the best at natural swimming, but if you don't keep up, I'm going to leave you behind." Farseer chimed as there was furious splashing behind him from the Binacle. "ALOMOMOLA DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE POSITION YOU FIND YOURSELF IN? I AM GREATNESS. I AM THE MOST POWERFUL OF BEINGS. I CAN CONQUER ALL WITH JUST ONE ATTACK. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ME." Adrammelech yelled loudly at Farseer, who simply just chuckled and continued swimming by Lillian as the Binacle struggled to catch up. "Oh don't worry, I'm sure if you get in too over your head, Lillian will just release Francesco and have him deal with the enemy." Farseer taunted. Part of this training was to see if Adrammelech could keep himself under control, as Lillian had worries over his temper. Unfortunately, if Adrammelech had any self-control, it promptly went out the window in that second. "WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THAT CONNIVING WURMPLE. I'LL CATCH UP YOU WITH FARSEER AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MY POWER FOR REAL." Adrammelech gathered energy inside himself before he performed a Shell Smash, breaking the bonds of his shell and leaving him more free to move. He quickly caught up with Farseer and tore at him with a Scratch attack, which didn't seem to bother Farseer. The reason why soon became apparent, since he took extremely little damage from the attack. "You're overestimating your own power, Adrammelech. Right now, even if you were to go to your extremes, the amount of damage you would do would be minimal. Meanwhile, the damage I would do would be catastrophic. You need to take into account the ability of your opponent if you're going to fight"

Lillian expected that Adrammelech would not take that well and may even take that as a challenge. But she figured that he would soon learn. Spreading out a towel she had brought with her, she laid out in the sun, instantly relaxing as she felt the soft, warm heat from the sand beneath her fill her body. Of course, anyone who might try to take a pass at her might have balked when they saw the open bags, one of which had a fully loaded revolver in them. But she didn't figure she would need to use that.

UPNetwork
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
Aduro Island


Geyser Park


Hayward: Look here




Lily Island


The Silver Forest


jolteonjak: With your very life hanging in the balance, your pride remains intact and you refuse to beg for Baro’s help; at the same time, Saint’s guardian refuses to act without your request, leaving you no choice but to try and overcome the deadly predicament on your own.

Summoning every ounce of your strength, you try your absolute hardest to pull yourself back up, while the rough edges of the rock you cling on to bury deep in your skin; you manage to block out the pain and start climbing your way back up to the narrow path, under Baro’s expressionless gaze…


*crack*


By the time the sound reaches your ears, you’re already on your way down. The stone you placed your hands on comes loose, causing you to lose balance and drop back, free-falling at break-neck speed down the side of the mountain…

It feels like forever; you keep going, wind howling in your ears, but – mercifully - you can’t manage to turn around… there’s no telling when the impact will come, but you know it’s the last thing you’ll ever feel. You failed…

Just then, something hits you from the side, rather than the back as you’d been mentally preparing for, and you feel yourself being swooped and carried horizontally against all common sense. You then realize you stopped falling – stopped moving entirely – and look around in confusion, failing to understand what happened or where you are. You then feel yourself being dropped down gently on the rocky floor, and come face to face with the creature who – you now realize – just saved your life…

Smaller in stature than you, bipedal, with brightly-colored feathers and large mask, but with fierce yellow eyes glimmering beneath – it’s a
! The Flying-Type stares at you for a moment, then hold out a clawed hand to help you up. For some reason, it chose to save your life at a critical juncture… why did it risk itself to do that?

You look up at the mountain… you fell a long way down. Making it all the way back to the summit is going to take a long time – and will Baro be willing to wait for you? He’s not the kind of man you keep waiting, but then again, he did promise Saint he’d take you that Wall…

As you ponder on all these questions, a loud cry fills the air – high-pitched, menacing and powerful. The sun is temporarily obscured; Hawlucha immediately looks up, as do you, to find a massive bird circling above you, blocking the sunlight. It’s the last thing you wanted to run into… a wild
with clearly hostile intentions!

The eagle locks eyes with you, the mountain’s intruder, and suddenly divebombs straight in your direction! Quick, what do you do?!




Pearl’s Perap: Look here



Aposteriori: ((You’re off to a good start! Welcome aboard! ;) ))

The Silver Forest is easily one of the most beautiful locales in the entire Archipelago; coming here feels instantly like a good choice, the sights being as beautiful as you were told before embarking. Nobody has ever been able to properly explain why the foliage has this dazzling silver tonality, but logic need not apply to such natural wonders, even for a researcher such as yourself; you decide to take it for what it is.

After a while of careful choosing, you pick a nice spot to set up camp – peaceful, yet open enough that you might see any potential dangers coming a long distance away. For now at least; no one can guarantee your safety in the coming darkness of the night…

The hours fly by while you take a deserved rest; it’s best to embark on your exploration of Silver Forest once you’ve recharged batteries. However, something about the absolute tranquillity of the forest feels off-putting – precisely the deafening silence that should otherwise warrant perfect sleeping conditions. It makes no sense for a place supposedly brimming with wildlife to be this quiet, most notably the complete absence of bird cries, which you thought would be plentiful… you decide to put it behind you for now and make the most of it to get some shut-eye.

Night falls and you’re already fast asleep. Just then, you’re roughly awoken by a loud commotion outside. Thinking poachers at first, you leap out of your sleeping bag and rush outside, hand over your Pokeball-filled belt… but there’s nothing around the tent’s vicinity. Strange…

You turn to the sound and realize it comes from deeper in the woods. Just then, a flash of light shines through the darkness of the night, and you’re sure you’re on the right path – your Trainer instincts kick in and you decide to follow the trail to its source, to find out what manner of disturbance yanked you from your sleep.

After a while, the sounds grow progressively louder and more easily discernible: alarmed chirping, the frantic beating of wings and some strange buzzing noise you can’t quite identify… You walk straight into a clearing and the scene before you clarifies everything.

A flock of
fly about aimlessly in a panic, while a
stands in the center of the clearing, grinning with its arms crossed. Before you can get closer to make sense of what’s happening, the Raichu emits a massive bolt of lightning without even unfolding its arms, striking down all but one of the distressed Murkrow. When the birds come crashing down to the grassy floor, they stop moving entirely…

The last surviving Murkrow lands in the middle of the dead flock, fruitlessly pecking at them, trying to wake its family up without success, and it begins to tear up…

You remember you left your camp unguarded in the middle of the night, which is not wise, but at the same time, you can guess what’s about to happen to the Murkrow… Will you let nature run its course, leaving the wild Pokemon to their own business and returning to your much-needed slumber, or will you step in?




Crater Island


Iridi Beach


kaisap112: Look here



Emi: ((Welcome back Emi! :) ))

A relaxing day under the warmth of morning sunlight is the reason why everyone visits Iridi Beach around this time of the year. To say that you’re not alone would be an understatement – up ahead, countless families populate the sandy shore, kids playing on the ticklish, mildly-electrified sand, adults sunbathing or going for a swim. Idyllic to be sure, but you didn’t come here to get stuck in a crowd – rather, you choose a nice spot some distance away from the nearest parasols and prepare to relax. The revolver you carry with you in case you’re disturbed – a decidedly curious choice of protection for a woman who adamantly refuses to let anyone die – turns out to be dead weight in your bag, as nobody dares approach you anyway, courtesy of the noisy, highly aggressive Binacle you brought along as company. Turns out his obnoxious personality is actually good for something.

Just as you’re about to drift off in a welcome slumber, blocking out the noise from nearby groups of people and Pokemon and just feeling the warm, gentle breeze of seaside air, something disrupts your inner peace and yanks you from your peaceful relaxation – screams coming from the water. You pull yourself up and look ahead: countless people are rushing out of the water in a panic, encouraged to do so by a couple of equally distressed-looking lifeguards who look like they haven’t got a clue what the hell’s happening.

You look over to Adrammelech and Farseer, but neither of them seem to understand what the commotion’s all about either, until you catch a bit of a fleeing man’s frantic talk on the phone.

- Yes! I mean no, I’m not hurt, but they got at least three dudes! They ate them alive! Yes – are you even listenin’? A freakin’ school of
, yes! No, I’m not shittin’ you!

But… how? There has never been an incident of this kind on such a heavily-populated beach; but indeed, upon closer inspections, you do notice a red stain on the water growing larger in the distance… and there are still people on the water, struggling to beat the current and make it back to shore!

This is hardly the kind of break you had in mind. But there is chaos installed; there’s a bunch of very unfortunate folk still in the water, and an equally large number of wounded men and women on the shore bleeding out from Carvanha wounds.

What will your role be amidst all this commotion, if any?




Pearl Lake


SugarPesticide: Look here




Brine Island


Salin City


Arc_Angel: Look here



Electric Blue Eye: Johan listens to your doubts in silence, a heavy expression on his face. He seems to be giving this as much thought as you, and for good reason: a Gym Leader was attacked backstage, jeopardizing the whole Tournament, for reasons unknown. Johan theorizes the culprit’s target might be Gottfried himself, making Trevor the means to an end. And with that in mind, you ask him what you consider to be the most relevant questions pertaining to the case.

- Every Gym Leader and the Champion have access to the challenger registry. We can access all the information that is recorded during the sign-up process, which is to say, we know all the details you provided when you registered to run the gauntlet. That doesn’t mean we actively look up any of that information – speaking for myself and Gottfried at least – but every Leader invited to take part in this tournament would be free to look at the registry, though challengers cannot access that kind of data about one another. I suppose it would be easy to research other information about any contestant starting from the registry – you don’t have to own a Porygon these days to dig up data online. If you’ve gained any notoriety in your travels, odds are it’s been recorded somewhere digitally…

- Concerning lingering issues between Leaders, I can’t think of anything relevant. Most people are put off by Luther’s aura, Pietro takes his business activities very seriously, Trevor was a pacifist at heart and extremely laid-back, to a fault perhaps… but these are all character quirks that are easily left aside when it’s time to do battle. Everyone respects Gottfried too, I can’t think of anyone who’d want to harm him without standing to gain something more from the attempt… Gottfried brought notoriety to an entire region, and even those who aren’t fond of his personality respect his accomplishments. Whatever this is all about, it can’t be purely a personal grudge... I think we should look at it in terms of what would the culprit stand to gain by targeting the Champion behind the scenes. And what role Trevor’s Plate plays in all this…

- As for Kayl… yes, I know he’s here. He’s an old acquaintance, a former friend, but he made some unfortunate decisions in the past and we went our separate ways. He entered this tournament to find redemption, but he doesn’t care enough about anything to have orchestrated this whole thing. That much I’m certain of, none of this is his doing… Think with me – whoever did this knows who you are, hence the threats, and there’s very little chance any of the other challengers has that much knowledge about you. I think the culprit is someone on the inside – one of us. Nobody had a real issue with Trevor either, yet he was targeted and his Plate was sent to you. And I have reasons to believe his isn’t he only Arceus Plate you received since arriving here, is it?

Johan doesn’t wait for an answer; he doesn’t need to.

- Sean told me he felt something was off about this Tournament too. His Plate… he didn’t come clean about it, but he gave it to you, didn’t he? I could see it in his eyes – he trusts you implicitly. At first I was scared he fell into your plot to gather every Plate, but now I realize you’re as much a victim as anyone else – worse than that, someone’s trying to make you a scapegoat. Let me give you a piece of advice: go out there and face Luther like Gottfried requested. My mentor wants the show to go on, for the audience’s sake. And I don’t completely trust Luther either… maybe you’ll find out more about him during the battle. Meanwhile, I’ll dig around backstage, maybe get a word in with Trevor once he recovers… we have to work together if we want to get to the bottom of this. For your sake, and Gottfried’s.

Johan bows respectfully and takes his leave. You look at the clock – it’s almost time. Luther, Trevor’s replacement for the second match, is probably waiting for you in the Arena… Maybe Johan’s right – maybe by confronting him in battle, you will find out more about him and his intentions, if any, regarding the Plates.

You make your way back to the Arena, the path now familiar but nevertheless unnerving. To think you should be making your way over to fight Trevor, but the man was assaulted and the Tournament continued regardless… was this all part of Luther’s plan to get to you sooner?

The noise of the crowd becomes progressively louder as you leave the residential area behind and enter the Arena from the competitors’ gate. A staff member welcomes you, checks your PokeBall line-up and wishes you luck. The heavy doors open to each side and you walk outside into the afternoon sun, setting foot on the dusty surface of the battleground once more, to the fans’ delight.

- You show up after all. Brave of you indeed, young Trainer.

Across the field is Luther, the Gym Leader that watched your match against Sean from the stands this morning, and who argued with Pietro following news of Trevor’s attack. He was chosen by Gottfried himself to replace the Grass Leader so that the Competition could continue, and if he is in any way troubled by the turn of events, his expression reveals none of that concern. His skin is pale white, his hair kept long and mostly pitch black with some contrasting white braids. He dressed in a long dark-gray tunic adorned with silver embroidery, and stares at you from his Trainer Pod with the faint outline of a smile on his face.

- You honor Gottfried’s will by continuing to fight. Or perhaps you simply wish to draw attention away from other lingering concerns? Pietro refuses to trust you, while Sean refuses to doubt you. An interesting dichotomy – I long to see which of them is right.

The Arena floor rumbles and the dust surface disappears into the ground below, while a new platform rises for the upcoming match – a field of white flowers…

Luther picks a Pokeball from the confines of his tunic and tosses it in the air. A large red Pokemon takes its place on the battlefield, snapping its pincers – a vicious-looking
.

- You handled yourself well against Sean’s Water Pokemon. I’d like to see how you fare against my own.




sweetbbydoll: There is something inebriating about finally being in a position of power over someone else in this godforsaken place. The guard, who admittedly seems like a nice man backing the wrong team, needs you too much to even argue with your demands – if anything, it seems he actually wants you to succeed. Without a second thought, he points you to the right key.

- It’s the smallest one, the copper key right next to the keyring. The Vice President himself gave me your Bag and told me to put it in the storage room.

You locate the key with ease following the man’s instructions. As you turn to retrieve your belongings, he makes one final plea.

- My sister’s Pokemon… it’s being kept together with every other Pokemon they confiscated, locked inside an Ultra Ball on the 5th floor lab, directly below the Vice President’s floor. Please, it… it’s my way to atone for the choices I made. Even if I can’t retrieve it myself, freeing that Pokemon from the Government would mean the world to my little sister.

You take note of his indications and turn your attention back to the storage room. The copper key does indeed fit, and you hear a click upon turning it. The door opens effortlessly afterwards, and you find yourself in a tight little chamber, stuffed with countless Bags, most of them extremely old and dusty – it’s been a while since someone was locked away in here, it would seem… and many who were never retrieved their belongings. How reassuring.

Your eyes soon catch a glimpse of a familiar color pattern amidst the chaos; sure enough, it’s your Bag, in near-mint condition compared to the degradation of most other items stashed away in the storage room. You hastily pick it up and prepare to leave; after all, time is against you, and besides, what’re the odds of finding anything usable in here? A quick glance reveals mostly torn bags, moldy Poffins and Contest Scarves, all of which you already own and in considerably better state – it makes sense, considering Layard’s crusade against Contests specifically. But just as you’re about to leave, a particular scarf catches your eye, one with a different fabric and coloration from all the others you already possess. Upon closer inspection, you conclude this one must’ve been tossed in here by mistake along with all the others… this one’s actually a
1x Choice Scarf!

You decide to take the piece of loot with you, reasoning its previous owner likely has no more need for it, and rush out towards the elevator. You press the buttons in a hurry, but the goddamn thing insists on taking far too long to arrive… and while you wait, a terrible doubt emerges. You remember the guard’s words…

” The Vice President himself gave me your Bag…”

You drop to one knee and open the backpack. Everything seems to be there, items and, for some reason, your Pokeballs too! But… wait… something’s missing. A Fire Ball!!

Realization sinks in at the same time as the elevator arrives. Layard took one thing, one single thing from you – Samantha…

The doors slide open and you rush inside, overcome by a swirl of conflicting emotions. The trapped man gave you all the information you needed – the lab on the 5th floor contains every Contest-specialist Pokemon confiscated by Layard’s administration, among which guard’s sister’s partner, while the Vice President’s quarters are one floor above, on the 6th…

So, Liza… where to?




Ion Island


Storm Lake


Myahoo: ((Sorry for the bunnying in this post, consider it a tutorial!))

What’s the worst that can happen? If you mess up, Cam will be there to give you a hand… won’t he? You study the intricacies of the Capture Styler; the basic concept is simple enough to grasp, the hard part should be controlling the Disc once it’s fired. Cam says nothing, smiling at you while you try to make sense of it all. For someone dealing with impending disaster, he sure likes to take his sweet time… but you get it, he’s testing you a bit more; he needs to be absolutely sure he can count on you before asking you to tag along.

After a while of trying to figure out the contraption, you reason the Styler controls the Disc remotely. Finding the launch button is easy enough, and you decide to give it an honest shot. You press it, and sure enough, the Disc starts spinning in place and is released to the ground, twisting at high velocity.

- The display is a touch screen. Use your finger to remotely direct the Disc where you want it to go, so guide it towards the Pidgey while it’s distracted!

You follow Cam’s welcome, if a bit late, guidance on the matter and run yiur index finger along the screen, to which the spinning top-like Capture Disc responds by moving forward along the sandy ground like a remote control car kids used to play with. Hesitantly at first, then with more confidence as you get used to the fiddly control, you guide the Disc over to the avian Pokemon; the device starts glowing as it approaches, and starts leaving behind a glimmering trail…

- Now just put what you told me into practice; you got the theory down, so let’s see you circle and befriend that Pidgey!

Remembering the concepts you heard about in your youth about Ranger techniques, you move the Disc in a circular motion, as carefully as possible so as not to alarm the bird… but Cam intervenes.

- That circle is too wide. Don’t be afraid to close distance, the Disc is already activated, Pidgey will be hard to scare.

Heeding his instructions, you draw a smaller circular shape on the display, causing the Disc to spin around the pigeon in a tighter circle as well. When the first arc is closed, Pidgey looks around in confusion, wondering what’s going on…

- Faster now, close another circle but you have to speed up before it flees!

Pidgey suddenly spreads its wings, shakes them but doesn’t flap them immediately. It’s still trying to make sense of it all, but its escape is imminent… Should you do something different? What if you’re not skilled enough to close the second circle?

Do you stick to the plan, despite your lack of experience with the Styler, or will you abandon this approach and try something else to keep the Pidgey in place instead?




PikaGod: Look here



Eletron Plant


Rayzen: Look here



Missingno. Master: The situation is delicate and the slightest false move could spell doom for you, Hermione and Meowth. The Golbat trapped inside the room were hungry no doubt, and in the absence of any other living lifeforms prior to your arrival, it’s a safe bet that the bats were responsible for the employee’s demise. Linger for too long, and your fate will match his…

Realizing the severity of your predicament, you quickly devise a plan to try and overcome the odds. Recalling knowledge obtained several years prior, you decide to put otherwise rotten goods to use, in hopes of clustering the swarm enough for Hermione to trap them. With a bold shout, you toss the expired Poketreats to the far corner of the room, and sure enough, the frantic flutter of wings follows, accompanied by blood-curdling shrieks. You wait a bit until your instincts tell you to act, and yell the command loud and clear!

At the sound of “now!”, Meowth brings his paws to his forehead and, channelling his inner Tien Shinhan, unleashes a Flash of light bright as the sun. The entire room lights up, and like a well-rehearsed choir, the pack of famished bats screech loudly in pain – screams so intense, you can almost feel their suffering as their retinae burn. They start to scatter in alarm, no longer interested in the free food if it comes with a side of danger, but Hermione is standing by. After a brief moment to adjust her own eyesight to the sudden clarity, she quickly weaves a web of electrically charged silk and tosses it at the Golbat group! Crackling and buzzing fills the room, in unison with the Golbat’s cries, and it seems she got them all!

The three of you take the briefest of moments to breathe a sigh of relief while the Flash’s light subsides, giving room to darkness once more, and Meowth quickly turns around to search the body… but stops cold in his tracks when he catches a glimpse of movement around the dead man! Did Hermione miss any of them?! The Pokemon flies forward, ramming down Meowth, and heads towards the locked door… which slides open! Light from the outside permeates the room, and you manage to catch only a quick glimpse of the flying creature – bat-like indeed, but much smaller than any Golbat, with purple skin, a large head and tiny wings – who drops something from its mouth as it flees deeper into the Power Plant… it’s the man’s keycard!

You take the opportunity and run out of the room as well, and find yourself in the corridor once again. That was close… you remind yourself to be more careful with the doors you open. Now it’s time to continue exploring the Plant in search of the cause of the blackout… that’s still why you’re here, after all: to help out Bolt. Do the bats have anything to do with the power outage, or are they simply taking advantage of the disaster to build a new home?

You try to look around for leads, little as there is to look at around here. The deserted Plant offers little in the way of clues, with barely anything to follow other than the cables that run along the ground, but those spread in just about every direction possible at every intersection.

Do you have a plan?




Glacier Island


Boreal Wastelands


Trepie: Look here



Treepandaone: Jacob’s words are nearly imperceptible, low-pitched and hesitant as they come.

- It started happening when the sky went black. Ever since the auroras ended… death by ice means the birth of a Shard. That’s why there are so many… they spawn from any open cut exposed to this place’s cursed snow. Piloswine’s tusks…

Dylan interrupts Jacob, ire in his voice, but the contents of his tirade surprise you.

- Damn it Jacob, why are you wasting time?! Matthew gave you his answer, and it’s a damn good one. If I were in Drummond’s place I’d want the exact same thing! And the old man’s in no condition to tell us otherwise.

Jacob’s eyes tear up and he barks back with unusual ferocity.

- Fuck it Dylan, how can you just say it like that?! How can you tell me to burn him alive that fucking easily?! Matthew knew him for less than a day, but you and I… damn it, he was like a father to us during this goddamn nightmare!

Dylan looks down at the snow.

- But you’ll do it anyway. You just wanted me and Matthew to tell you otherwise. You can’t risk letting a Shard grow now… we’re tired, weakened and surrounded by a bunch of Piloswine corpses. Come on man… you’ve known the answer from the beginning!

Jacob becomes expressionless, a vacant gaze aimed at the old man who was barely conscious anymore. The only word he manages to utter, before turning around and leaving the group, are…

- Blaziken… please.

Bound by duty, the Fire-Type steps forward and inhaled… then unleashes a massive Fire Blast that erupts in a tower of flames as it hit Drummond. If he screamed in any way, the sounds are muffled by the blast itself, and despite the dreadful scenario, you can’t help but take note of Blaziken’s merciful act – any other move would have meant a slow-burn death for the elder. At least this way, it was a swift, if brutal, execution.

Jacob gets on his snowmobile, recalls Blaziken and turned on the engine. His last words before setting off back to camp, all by himself, are aimed at Dylan.

- Please bury the remains. He was a better man than we could ever hope to be.

With that, he leaves, without so much as a glance at the herd of slain Piloswine the team amassed. When both of you lose sight of Jacob, Dylan turns to you and points to Drummond’s charred corpse.

- Much as I hate to admit it… you made the right call just now. Please help me put the old man to rest.

He drops to one knee and begins digging a makeshift grave in the snow. It’s hard to believe this was the same man who didn’t even want you to enter the encampment way back then… it’s good to see that, at least in some way, you’ve earned his respect. As Dylan continues to dig with his bare hands, he suddenly asks you something…

- Matthew… what do you think about Jacob? From what you’ve seen thus far. What’s your take on our leader?




Icy Cavern


Raves: ((Hey man, nice to see you around these parts! Welcome aboard!))

The blizzard outside forces you take drastic measures: run for the nearest semblance of a shelter, even if that potential haven comes in the shape of an uninviting crack on the icy surface of the iceberg-isle, like an open wound that can never close.

Leaving the inhospitable frozen plains behind, you and Nothung delve into the pitch-black cave ahead, welcoming the suddenly stagnant air that replaces the violent winds outside. With nowhere to go but forward, you and your Infernape walk deeper into the cavern, astonished by how far it spreads – it’s more of a maze in here than an actual grotto, and the dark path seems to go on for quite a while, no end in sight!

The deeper in you go, the colder it gets, and not even your Mareep-and-Camerupt pelt coat can completely shield you from the intense drop in temperature. It’s even chillier in here than it was outside, despite the lack of even the slightest breeze, and even Nothung is beginning to feel bothered by the subzero temperatures – his boiling-hot blood keeps him mostly protected, but this is a climate no Fire-Type enjoys, and the Infernape’s pacing becomes noticeably sluggish in his discomfort.

It comes as no surprise, then, that you find no traces of life whatsoever as you trek along the cave; whereas at first glance, most living creatures would flock to such a sheltered location, few would ever be able to withstand this cold long enough to survive for an extended period of time. In fact, other than icy stalactites, there seems to be absolutely nothing noteworthy in the cavern-turned-tunnel, but seeing as the only alternative is going back to that windy hell, you figure you may as well find out where this unexpectedly long corridor leads.

After a while longer, you wind up in a crossroads – another surprise for what should have been a boring old cave. Neither your lantern nor Nothung’s crown of flames illuminate the paths properly, making each branch seem almost identical, but there are other clues to be found in the previously deafening silence of the tunnel: there are very faint, yet notably distinct sounds coming from each road.

From the path to your left, if you listen closely, you can feel the soothing echo of wind passing through a narrow tunnel, whereas you don’t feel so much as a light breeze where you currently stand. From the path to your right, a low-pitched rumbling can be heard, resembling a growl, varying in intensity the longer you listen to it…

Which way do you go?




Silver Ocean


Auronos Caverns


ApertureScience: Look here



The SS Leviathan Shipwreck


CyberBlastoise: ((I think I got the outline of your plan, but I’m not sure if I understand what you intend to do if the Jellicent gang up on you rather than Piplup. Let me know if I messed up!))

Long-story short, the Piplup messed up. It’s going in the opposite direction you are, towards the room you just came out of, but in its hurry it bumped into you and alerted just about every Jellicent you were trying to avoid…

Your kindheartedness speaks the loudest in the end, and instead of abandoning Piplup to its fate, you decide to help out the poor penguin, who is still clinging on to that rusty can of tuna… The Water-Type seems to be pure of heart and is risking a lot to take that (questionably preserved) last bit of nourishment somewhere… Summoning every last ounce of courage in your being, you get up and shout as loud as you can, looking to draw the attention of every single ghost in the corridor so that Piplup can make a run for it. Sure enough, the Jellicent eye you hungrily, a young man brimming with life force just waiting to be consumed…

… but the damn Piplup doesn’t budge!! It stands there looking at you, bright-eyed with admiration for your noble sacrifice, completely forgetting that the whole point of your suicidal acts was for it to scram! Just as you’re about to yell in desperation at the Piplup’s complete lack of self-preservation instincts, you suddenly realize why the Water Starter didn’t run…

Piplup rears its head back and releases a stream of Bubbles straight at the nearest Jellicent. In what turns out to be a bittersweet twist of fate, it’s decided to stay and help you instead of leaving you behind! Unfortunately, once again, despite its best intentions, it backfires terribly: the bubbles harmlessly pop against the Jellicent’s liquid body, thanks to its Water Absorb Ability… and immediately, the assaulted ghost turns its vengeful attention to the avian!

With a group of Jellicent floating in your direction, famished and violent, and another looking to devour Piplup at the same time, the situation is dire…

What do you do now?!




Venom Isle


Bane Forest


Ex-Admiral Insane: The disappearance of your partner Rags weighs the heaviest on your mind amidst all the mess you find yourself sunk into. A number of things could have happened to your Psychic-Type partner, none of them pleasant: becoming lost in the swamp, attacked by wild Pokemon, held hostage by Gastly are only some of the worst-case scenarios you can think of.

But you have to put that behind you for now, however hard that proves to be. Right now, the EPAL need your help, and tagging along with them might be the best way to find your partner anyway. There is an obvious conflict of interests afoot in Venom Island, and despite caring little about either side, it seems you find yourself tangled in this web and will, sooner or later, have to make a choice. Right now, staying close to Ria seems like the best approach, even if you’re not sold on the idea of helping her over aiding Gastly.

Such is your lack of security about the whole ordeal that you choose to call upon a scout to scan the area ahead – Mal the Zubat, a Pokemon who should feel right at home in this environment. Your winged ally heeds your instructions and, barely making a sound, takes flight high above the group and takes the lead, unseen by the EPAL team.

- Lucas, I need you to look sharply too. Like I said, we know the Isle’s growing out of proportion, but so far we haven’t been able to track any sources of that expansion. We’re pioneers in that research, with all the hazards that come with that “honor”… I need you on your guard, remember you’re getting paid for this.

Despite her words, it’s evident by Ria’s tone that she hold no ill feelings towards you, and is just completely invested in this endeavour. You can tell she’s both excited to be here, and extremely fearful of putting anyone in danger; deep down, she seems like a genuinely nice person, if a little blunt in her approach. But is helping her cause the right choice to make?...

While you ponder on your previous encounter with Gastly, remembering its stance on the environmental conundrum, Mal returns to you and lands on your shoulder. Though you can’t understand anything she says, her body language is enough to put you on guard – she saw something up ahead… or someone. It’s not until she warns you that you notice how eerily quiet the whole swamp is… too quiet in fact, considering Mal definitely located activity up ahead. Which means… are you running straight into an ambush?!

If your assumption is correct, then there are forces working against EPAL’s progress. Could this be the start of a war between Ria’s and Gastly’s team? And what is your role in all this – should you take Ria’s side and warn her of the impending danger, or wait and see what the Island’s dwellers intend to do?


It’s time to choose a side…




Plague Swamp


DaveTheFishGuy: Choosing sides between two radical factions is something you definitely want to avoid, finding middle ground to be the best approach in situations like this. The woman in particular sounds so far down the spectrum of natural devotion that it instantly rings a bell in your head to stay the heck away from her; on the other hand, it’s not like the Keeper is any less extreme in his own views, but in his case, there are valid points you can’t help but agree with – to some extent. Besides, you have the impression that, if you want to find out more about what’s really going on with this Island, the ones to ask would be the locals, which further solidifies your decision to chase after the man and his Arbok.

You and your partners, Nobby and Jason, head South after the Keeper, who is long gone at this point. Although you fear the path ahead, due to how easy it is to get lost in the swamp, you have the distinct impression that even if you fail to find the Keeper, sooner or later, he will find you, especially the closer you are to his settlement.

Thankfully, the stench around you fluctuates in intensity as you carefully progress through the muddy terrain, with some much-needed breezes of less-stagnant air punctuating your journey and allowing you breathe in just a little deeper. Lakes filled with black or purple liquids bubble on occasion, releasing noxious gases that you try your best to avoid. You keep going and going, fearful that you’ll run into an ambush by famished wild Pokemon – when was the last time anything around these parts had a proper meal? And how tasty would a foreign fisherman such as yourself look to creatures desperate for a solid bite?

You try to block those thoughts and focus on finding the Keeper, but everywhere you look, everything looks the Arceus-damn same. You’re starting to grow weary of this bleak, lifeless, poisonous hell of a land… why would anyone actively fight to keep it that way, let alone make it grow? Yes, the Healer sounded like a fanatic nutjob, but the Keeper’s goals are equally incomprehensible, if what the woman said about the Isle’s expansion was true. Reason tells you it should be impossible for such a small landmass to make any progress across the vast ocean that surrounds it, but… what if it’s true? How can it be true? Those are some of the answers you hope to get from the Arbok Trainer, but… looks like you won’t be making it to his settlement any time soon.

You’re forced to stop when you come across an unexpected obstacle – in front of you, extending for miles both to your life and your right, runs a wide river of some unrecognizable purple liquid, which might one day have been water. No plantlife whatsoever, dried or otherwise, lines its margins, indicating the substance is probably highly toxic. And while you wreck your brain trying to think of a way to make it across to progress further South, something emerging from the river forces you to postpone whatever plans you were formulating…

A huge mass of living mud, it seems, crawls out of the river and takes form – a massive, adult human-sized
eyes you both hungrily and angrily, and it’s soon apparent why: behind it spawn two smaller creatures, that you quickly recognize as the
you sent packing earlier!

Muk slithers towards you, revenge and dinner on its mind at the same time, both impulses spelling trouble for you and your friends. Against a foe this large and its backup fighting in their preferred terrain, what can you do to save your skin?!




Ruin Island


Amor Temple


Charminions: Look here



Ordial Shrine


Marion Ette: Look here



Oniero Ruins


Connor: ((Welcome Connor! Here we go, for great justice!))


A circle of white stones surrounding a black one, all shaped like imperfect obelisks, imposing and oozing with some strange magic… Mistral is not oblivious to this; not even you, always so easily excitable and a bit of an airhead at times, can ignore the mystical properties of the Oniero Ruins, and that’s getting you all pumped up!

Your acidic-humoured Shuppet approaches the stones first; he’ll never openly admit it, but the very nature of the place calls to him, to his morbid curiosity. You follow close behind, eager to see what these Ruins are all about, so much so that you fail to notice Mistral going completely rigid in mid-air the second his body enters the perimeter formed by the white stones. But the exact second you walk into that same perimeter, you see a flash of light, lose all feeling in your body and afterwards, everything goes black.

“Let’s go Crasher!”

“Crasher sucks!”

“Let’s go Crasher!”

“Crasher sucks!”


Spotlights burn your retinae as you come to, trying to open your eyes. You feel extremely dizzy, and for some reason, hurting all over. The sounds of the roaring crowd mix in with the referee’s count, and you somehow know you have to get up, it’s imperative that you do…

”Seven!.... Eight!....

The title doesn’t change hands via count-out, but a loss is still a loss! You summon strength you never knew you had, place both hands on the ring apron and pull yourself back to your feet.

”… Nine!...”

Through sheer force of will, you manage to roll back inside the ring at the last second, avoiding the ring-out loss to your opponent. As you struggle to get back to your feet, you finally manage to lock eyes with the number-one contender for your championship…

“Let’s go Crasher!”

“Crasher sucks!”


Your mentor, the obviously crowd-polarizing Crasher Wake, stands across you breathing heavily, covered in sweat, but grinning at the progress his top student has made. Here you are, the World Heavyweight Champion, making your first title defense against the man who taught you everything you know about pro wrestling! Both of you run towards the center of the ring, lock up… and suddenly, someone else strikes you with a hard Clothesline to the back of the head!

- What are you doing?! You said I could have this one!!

Crasher Wake’s voice sounds off as he vents his frustration, but you’re too preoccupied with your current situation to give it any thought. Turning around to meet your attacker, you see it was another famous face you dropped with the lariat – Maylene, Veilstone City Gym Leader!

- Come on, don’t be a sissy. Let’s make this a Triple Threat match! Can’t let you have all the fun with this one, he’s pretty tempting…

- It was my turn to play and you know it! Stop invading!

Maylene taunts a visibly upset Crasher, and the crowd roars in approval of the new stipulation – even if hitting a woman poses a definite problem for your ideals…

You get up, still dizzy from the back attack, but ready to go; Crasher and Maylene surround you, each coming from an opposite turnbuckle… This all feels natural to you, yet completely strange in a way. Why can’t you remember anything you were doing before the match? Why can’t you even remember the wrestler you beat for the World Title?!

Crasher moves first, bending over slightly and taking a running start, likely aiming for a spear tackle. Maylene also makes her move and starts dashing, arm stretched to the side a la Stan Hansen, indicating another lariat is on the way…

Can you afford to dwell on these lingering questions any longer? Something feels definitely off, but what can you do about it?
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
11
Ion Island



Eletron Plant


Missingno. Master: The situation is delicate and the slightest false move could spell doom for you, Hermione and Meowth. The Golbat trapped inside the room were hungry no doubt, and in the absence of any other living lifeforms prior to your arrival, it’s a safe bet that the bats were responsible for the employee’s demise. Linger for too long, and your fate will match his…

Realizing the severity of your predicament, you quickly devise a plan to try and overcome the odds. Recalling knowledge obtained several years prior, you decide to put otherwise rotten goods to use, in hopes of clustering the swarm enough for Hermione to trap them. With a bold shout, you toss the expired Poketreats to the far corner of the room, and sure enough, the frantic flutter of wings follows, accompanied by blood-curdling shrieks. You wait a bit until your instincts tell you to act, and yell the command loud and clear!

At the sound of “now!”, Meowth brings his paws to his forehead and, channelling his inner Tien Shinhan, unleashes a Flash of light bright as the sun. The entire room lights up, and like a well-rehearsed choir, the pack of famished bats screech loudly in pain – screams so intense, you can almost feel their suffering as their retinae burn. They start to scatter in alarm, no longer interested in the free food if it comes with a side of danger, but Hermione is standing by. After a brief moment to adjust her own eyesight to the sudden clarity, she quickly weaves a web of electrically charged silk and tosses it at the Golbat group! Crackling and buzzing fills the room, in unison with the Golbat’s cries, and it seems she got them all!

The three of you take the briefest of moments to breathe a sigh of relief while the Flash’s light subsides, giving room to darkness once more, and Meowth quickly turns around to search the body… but stops cold in his tracks when he catches a glimpse of movement around the dead man! Did Hermione miss any of them?! The Pokemon flies forward, ramming down Meowth, and heads towards the locked door… which slides open! Light from the outside permeates the room, and you manage to catch only a quick glimpse of the flying creature – bat-like indeed, but much smaller than any Golbat, with purple skin, a large head and tiny wings – who drops something from its mouth as it flees deeper into the Power Plant… it’s the man’s keycard!

You take the opportunity and run out of the room as well, and find yourself in the corridor once again. That was close… you remind yourself to be more careful with the doors you open. Now it’s time to continue exploring the Plant in search of the cause of the blackout… that’s still why you’re here, after all: to help out Bolt. Do the bats have anything to do with the power outage, or are they simply taking advantage of the disaster to build a new home?

You try to look around for leads, little as there is to look at around here. The deserted Plant offers little in the way of clues, with barely anything to follow other than the cables that run along the ground, but those spread in just about every direction possible at every intersection.

Do you have a plan?
OOC: Oh my Arceus, size 3 is so much better on here than size 1!

It seemed more than a little risky at first glance, Keith's plan- it did, after all, mean that their safety and continued existence depended entirely on a handful of smelly, expired snacks. But Keith was confident in the plan nonetheless, and so he flung the Pokéblocks across the room. And to his delight, the Golbat went for the bait! He heard the shrieks, the flapping of leathery wings, and once he felt certain they were all in the corner, he sprang into action. "NOW!" Keith exclaimed.

Judging by how suddenly the room brightened up, Meowth must have been all set to go as soon as Keith gave the signal. The intense light poured from Meowth's charm, the Golbat screeching their distinct displeasure with the situation. They started to prepare to scatter- it seemed a free snack wasn't worth a side order of searing, agonizing eye pain, and Keith supposed he couldn't blame them for that line of thinking. But at the same time, he had their own safety to think about- the Golbat had to be trapped, and that was where Hermione came into play. The bright young Weedle fired off what quickly unfurled into an electrified web, trapping what appeared to be the entire flock of Golbat! "Yes!" Keith grinned. "Nice job, you two," he added to Meowth and Hermione. "Now, Meowth, feeling up to robbing a dead guy?"

"Oh, yeah, when youse puts it dat way, I can hardly-" Meowth stopped his sarcasm-laden response extremely quickly, however, which caused Keith some concern. "Did youse... did any o' youse just see dat? Sometin' moved near da body!" Meowth exclaimed.

"Wha- Hermione didn't miss any of the Golbat, did she?" Keith murmured, now slightly alarmed- even just one Golbat still able to attack them could spell trouble.

"Nah, it don't look dat way, dis ting's smaller- GAH!" The next thing Keith knew, Meowth tumbled off his shoulder and onto the floor... and then the locked door slid open! Keith and Meowth wheeled around just in time to see, in the light permeating the room from outside, an odd purple creature. That was no Golbat, Keith knew, but as to what it was, he had no idea. It had a large head and a small body and wingspan. The wings were bat-like in nature, but this was new territory to Keith, who had had the pleasure of raising not only a Zubat, but also a Woobat. He knew quite a bit about the various batlike creatures of the Pokémon world, but this was a new one on him. "What the..." Keith murmured.

"Dere!" Meowth exclaimed, pointing to the floor. "Da key card!"

These words spurred Keith into action- he raced out the door and back into the relatively well-lit corridor, ideally before the door could possibly slam shut unexpectedly on him. Meowth was right by his side, and as they made it out of the room, Meowth darted straight towards the card key- no doubt it might prove useful elsewhere in this place.

"So, wat now?" Meowth asked. "Ya tink dose Golbat were da cause o' da blackout or wat?"

"I dunno," Keith said, shaking his head. "I mean, they could've been, yeah, but it's also just as likely they just decided to move in and take advantage of the blackout, y'know?"

"Weedle, Weedle," Hermione nodded in agreement, before turning to Meowth and continuing to speak.

"Hermione's wonderin' wat dat other Pokémon was," Meowth translated for Keith.

"Yeah, same here," Keith nodded. "Y'know what, that Pokémon might be our best lead at this moment. It was certainly smart enough to know to use that card key to get out of the room. I get the feeling it might not be behind the blackout itself, but maybe it knows something regardless."

"Dat sounds like kind of a stretch," Meowth frowned as he climbed back onto Keith's shoulder.

"Yeah, it does," agreed Keith. "But if you've got any better ideas, I'm all ears." And indeed, as he expected, he was met with silence at this. "I figured as much," he nodded. "It's not much to go on, but at least it's something. Now... I'm thinking this way," he added, as he started to head the same way Meowth had to go to scoop up the discarded card key- he thought it highly unlikely the Pokémon changed direction so quickly after dropping the card key in mid-flight.


$
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top