• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: catz's drabbles & ficlets

Catz

Goodnight Everybody!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
a random amalgamation of drabbles and ficlets I'll make periodically, some with ships, some with friends, or perhaps completely opposite characters; whatever I fancy that day I suppose.

Ratings of course may vary, and individual drabbles will be given content warnings beforehand if need be.

rebooting this again it's been like forever-

drabbles, we love to see 'em, and I like to make 'em. Periodically, I'll drop some in and share, and see what happens.

Preferred feedback:
  • Short comments, long comments, whatever you fancy, I'll read 'em all! I always get a little happy when someone leaves comments on my stuff.
  • Questions, ask away about anything and I'll respond to the best of my abilities.
  • Light constructive criticism, I always strive to improve (and to build my confidence), so some light constructive criticism is always welcome but don't go overboard I can only handle so much before my pride gets wounded lmao

Gestures
Sabrina tended to enjoy the smaller things in life.

She assumed it came with her psychic abilities, but after meeting Erika, she had a feeling it was her influence.

Now that they were together, Sabrina brightened up at Erika’s small gestures: gently stroking her hair when they’re on the couch together, her pet names like “rose” and “blossom”, or the gentle blush overcoming her fair skin when she gets flustered. Even the more sincere moments, like her soft hugs and kisses, made her heart skip a beat each time.

And to be honest, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

Last edited:
Physical Affection
wasn't too confident about this one in all honesty, I'm just not sure why. Probably me just second guessing myself, but either way, I thought I may as well share it regardless.

Bea wasn't one to show affection often. It wasn't that she didn't want to, she just didn't know how. She'd express gratitude in simple ways, like a handshake or a positive compliment, but anything beyond that was a gray area to her; it was a little frustrating.

But something changed when Allister found his way into her life; it was like a switch had been flipped. She would shower him with small praises every day, cuddle with him whenever they were together, all to make him feel special and loved.

That's truly what being a good girlfriend meant to her.

Sleeping Positions
Another one I was a little less confident about, but to be fair, this is my first time writing Iono x Rika stuff so I'm bound to be a little nervous about how it would turn out. Regardless, enjoy.

Sleeping with Iono always seemed like a daunting task, at least to Rika. If she couldn't make it to bed before her, chances are Iono would already be there, sprawled across the bed, obnoxiously taking up the entire space. What seemed like a simple fix was so difficult to Rika because she could never bring herself to do it.

She always looked so peaceful, a stark contrast from her hyperactive streaming persona, and she couldn't blame her; keeping up that facade must be draining by the time it's over. She leaned down and gently kissed her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Nanjyamo."

wasn't too confident about this one in all honesty, I'm just not sure why. Probably me just second guessing myself, but either way, I thought I may as well share it regardless.

Bea wasn't one to show affection often. It wasn't that she didn't want to, she just didn't know how. She'd express gratitude in simple ways, like a handshake or a positive compliment, but anything beyond that was a gray area to her; it was a little frustrating.

But something changed when Allister found his way into her life; it was like a switch had been flipped. She would shower him with small praises every day, cuddle with him whenever they were together, all to make him feel special and loved.

That's truly what being a good girlfriend meant to her.
ouuuugh this is cute. i'm a huge fan of "learning meaning through loving another", it's so good

Scraps #1 - Bad Mood & Tiredness
Two scraps I wasn't exactly happy with upon finishing 'em. I'll probably redo them later, but we'll see.

Marnie was in a bad mood again. She sat on the edge of her bed with a scowl, Gloria sat next to her.

"Why the hell am I so useless?"

"You aren't useless, Mar."

"I always mess things up."

"Mistakes happen."

"Well I seem to make them pretty often."

"Name two times."

"Well, there was that time when you… when I…"

Marnie looked away with a small breath.

"Well…?"

"Y-You know!"

"Whatever it is, it doesn't matter. I just want to see a smile on your face."

Marnie smiled, blushing slightly.

"I just can't stay mad at you, can I?"

Bugsy was falling asleep again.

He was having trouble trying to focus on what Whitney was saying to him, her voice just as hazy as his vision. He blinked a few times, attempting and failing to steady himself.

“Bugsy? Bugsy, can you hear me?”

Whitney’s voice was starting to become clearer as her hands gently rested on his shoulder.

“Whitney…? I-I’m sorry, I–”

She put a finger to his lips gently, bringing him a little closer. Her hands then moved around him in a gentle hug.

“Don’t apologize. You know I love talking to you, Bugsy, but you need sleep.”

Paint Chip Experimentation
Experimented with using paint chips as writing inspiration, the chosen color being called Island Flower.

Mallow was always fascinated by the flowers dotting Akala Island’s Lush Jungle. The uniquely patterned and colored plants created a flourishing euphoria of shades and hues under the warm bathing light of the tropical Alolan sun.

But today, a special one caught her eye.

It wasn’t a very big flower, about the size of one of her fingers, but it managed to hold so much beauty within itself. It was a deep midnight blue, the shade lightening slightly as it reached the end of the broad petals. Mallow smiled.

It reminded her of the ocean. It reminded her of Lana.

Bugsy was falling asleep again.

He was having trouble trying to focus on what Whitney was saying to him, her voice just as hazy as his vision. He blinked a few times, attempting and failing to steady himself.

“Bugsy? Bugsy, can you hear me?”

Whitney’s voice was starting to become clearer as her hands gently rested on his shoulder.

“Whitney…? I-I’m sorry, I–”

She put a finger to his lips gently, bringing him a little closer. Her hands then moved around him in a gentle hug.

“Don’t apologize. You know I love talking to you, Bugsy, but you need sleep.”
crying and squealing at this one!!! poor bugsy knows how to overwork himself a little bit too hard <3

Unnoticed
CW - MENTIONS/IMPLICATIONS OF SUICIDE & SUICIDAL THOUGHS

Oh boy, this is a first. Ive never actually wrote something where the character is depressed or having suicidal thoughts, so this is a first; bear with me on this one-

Also this may be a little longer than usual, but I wanted to try something a bit different. Hope you enjoy! ^^

Silver felt alone again. And being alone made him think, but not in a very good way.

Did anyone even care about him? Did he lower his guard, give up his trust, for nothing? Was everyone he now considered friends only putting up a facade to make him happy? When he was within something as simple as a conversation among others, he felt left out, as if he was wedging his way in unnaturally. He stood and watched in the sidelines as people around him seemed to fit together like pieces to a puzzle without issue, getting along at first sight. Was he jealous? He wasn’t sure, honestly that was probably the case, but he didn't care. He clenched his fists in frustration.

He didn't want to care, but the feeling was just too hard to ignore.

Well, fine, he didn’t need them. He didn’t need himself. Maybe it would just be better if he didn’t exist. Time wouldn't stop, the world wouldn't end.

He'd just be another in the sea of regretful souls in an eternal darkness.

Recently it's been experiment, experiment, experiment, so I wanted to try out a feeling today. Feels a little strange rereading it to me but I guess it also depends on what you guys think. As always, hope you enjoy it regardless.

Whitney hated to cry.

She hated that it used to be an impulse thing, sobbing like a child whenever she lost a match as a gym leader. She felt no better than a child. She didn't cry very much after that. But when Bugsy entered her life, things were different.

She could be vulnerable around him, she felt safe. She didn't feel judged or criticized. If she needed to cry about something, she would without hesitation. Bugsy comforted her every step of the way, with gentle physical affection or kind words in his melodious, soothing voice.

It's ok to cry.

Recently it's been experiment, experiment, experiment, so I wanted to try out a feeling today. Feels a little strange rereading it to me but I guess it also depends on what you guys think. As always, hope you enjoy it regardless.
Hmm, I think I understand what you're going with here!! I tend to not exactly enjoy writing pure romance material, as I identify much more with (rather, feel it much more strongly?) platonic-ish love than anything romantic (although reading it is usually fun?), so I think in that regard, I understand your want to experiment. It's a good reminder that like... branching out in writing can be done in a number of different ways, right? and having a feeling in mind to write about, in the end, is never going to lead you astray.

After all, lately, that's what lots of my writing has been about, too. So I guess my random advice to you is: good work! It's nice to see you branch out a little in that regard. (^.^)/~~~
Whitney hated to cry.

She hated that it used to be an impulse thing, sobbing like a child whenever she lost a match as a gym leader. She felt no better than a child. She didn't cry very much after that. But when Bugsy entered her life, things were different.

She could be vulnerable around him, she felt safe. She didn't feel judged or criticized. If she needed to cry about something, she would without hesitation. Bugsy comforted her every step of the way, with gentle physical affection or kind words in his melodious, soothing voice.

It's ok to cry.
I might not have much else to say other than... well done right? Good job for Bugsy for being that kind of presence, and good for job for you for handling this nicely!

Wanted to try something a little longer today, aiming for a ficlet rather than the usual drabble. Probably not the best but I digress. Once again plainhiveshipping, though you can blame Teebs for that /hj

Bugsy always loved when Whitney came home.

He was normally the first one back since Azalea is a pretty small town, with few challengers to face for a gym badge before moving onto Whitney’s, and he would always welcome her exuberant spirit and stories to tell with open arms, but recently, things have only gotten busier for the two. It seemed as if an influx of new trainers had surged within the region, and Bugsy found it a little overwhelming to start with, but was slowly getting used to it. Whitney on the other hand, wasn't doing as great as she anticipated. Bugsy assumed she would have no problems with handling new challengers; after all, she already dealt with a pretty big amount of trainers beforehand. But this was different somehow, like she just couldn't keep up. Whitney assured her boyfriend multiple times she was just fine, but Bugsy had a sinking feeling it was the exact opposite, especially when he saw the state she was in.

The door swung open and Bugsy got up from where he was sitting to greet her as usual, but his heart sank at the sight in front of him. He hated to say it, but Whitney looked terrible. She looked drained, unable to even stand up straight in front of him as the two locked eyes. Her usually bright pink eyes were faded and glazed over, hardly visible behind her half lidded eyelids. He quickly straightened her up and rested a hand on her lower back to steady her as he pulled her inside.

“Darling, are you alright? What happened?”

She was silent as the two arrived at the couch, and Bugsy waved a hand gently past her face.

“Whitney?”

“Mm, what?” she mumbled, causing Bugsy’s brows to furrow slightly.

He knew he shouldn’t panic so soon, but it was clear she needed help. He eased her onto the couch and she kind of sunk into it, her limbs dangling weakly like he was putting down a doll. She tried to pull herself up but she gave up and slumped against the soft surface. He took a seat next to her and sat there in silence while his body screamed: Do something!

He nervously scratched the back of his head with one hand as he tried to gently prod Whitney with the other. She stirred and turned to look at Bugsy; Well, it looked like that at least, he couldn’t really tell.

“Huh?”

Her voice was a little more stable than before, but she was still clearly absent-minded as her voice began to trail off.

“Did you hear me earlier? What happened to you?”

“Just…”

She hesitated.

“Gym stuff. Nothing you need to worry about.” she finished, sitting up a little.

Bugsy knew she was lying through her teeth, but decided not to prod too much. What mattered was getting her the rest she deserved.

"You wanna go upstairs? You look like you need a nap or something."

She shook her head, edging a little closer to her partner.

"No, I want to stay here with you."

Bugsy felt a little warm inside from her response. He rested a hand on her own, gripping it slightly. He grabbed the nearby tv remote with his other hand.

"Do you want to watch some TV then? There might be something that we can watch together."

He turned on the TV, and changed it to a nature documentary about the diversity of Hoenn's ecosystem. He figured it was something quiet and could keep them occupied for a while.

They sat there in silence for a while, Bugsy particularly invested. About half an hour though, he felt something brush against his shoulder suddenly. He instinctively flinched, so focused on the TV he wasn't expecting it. He turned to see what it was, and it felt like hundreds of Butterfree had just entered his stomach.

Whitney had fallen asleep on his shoulder, gently snoring. The light of the TV flickered over her now relaxed features as she sat there, virtually unmoving. She finally looked at ease. Bugsy tried his best to steady his breathing as he watched her. He didn't want to move a muscle, in case she woke up, but it was proving difficult due to how flustered he was getting.

Should he do something? Make her comfortable? He reached out a shaky hand and gently stroked her head, running his fingers through her smooth pink hair. She stirred slightly but thankfully didn't wake up. He planted a small kiss on her forehead with a smile.

Whatever Whitney was going through, he was sure to take care of her every step of the way.

oh boy finally managed to pull something out of my ass to get some work done. On the verge of passing out but I did something. This is the first time trying to write something polyship related, so here's my first shot at it I suppose. Hopefully it doesn't seem lazy or anything despite my description of it, I really am still trying my best to get something done with the best quality I can give.

Minor CWs - Mentions of abuse

Silver didn’t know how to react to physical touch anymore.

It was a strange feeling, a sensation that sent chills up his spine each time he felt it. Each punch, slap, kick, it felt more real than the last, bruises piling up every day until he could barely stand. He didn’t want to give in, he didn’t want to admit that it hurt. It would just make him weak. He swore not to cry through it all, yet he felt familiar tears fall almost every night as his eyes finally shut, as tight as he could force them.

But things were different now. Better.

It was still a strange feeling, but this time, he didn’t want to draw back. Their touch was inviting. His arm slung around his neck, her hand in his. Her tight but comfortable hugs shared in bed under the cover of darkness, his slightly rough but playful gestures when they were just hanging out.

It may take Silver a little longer to recover, but this was a start, wasn’t it?

back by unpopular demand, it's ya boi.

I feel a little better about this one, or at least somewhat more confident than before. I don't really have much else to say on this, but I hope you enjoy as always.

Iono felt her eyes open slowly as her body began to wake up somewhat. She pulled herself out from under the blankets with a yawn, stretching her weary, numb limbs. She was ready to slip out of bed when she felt herself freeze suddenly, bringing her attention to the spot next to her in bed.

Rika was still in bed, gently wrapped in the warm embrace of the blankets, her body completely relaxed as she lay there. For once in what felt like years, she looked at peace, perfectly still and undisturbed. Iono’s expression brightened a little at the adorable sight, feeling her face gently heat up subconsciously toward her partner. How could she even make sleeping look so adorable?

Iono found herself gently slipping back into bed, edging closer to her resting partner. She wrapped an arm around her back and pulled her in a little, almost like a hug. It felt nice, even if she wasn’t embraced in return. Just being next to her was all she needed. She planted a small kiss on her forehead and closed her eyes, her own breathing matching hers.

Maybe she didn’t have to wake up just yet.

sugarandspiceshipping jumpscare
woah I actually got something done !! Here's a short little thing sugarandspiceshipping related (shoutout to @beryllium for introducing me to my new addiction this amazing ship, and kind of beta reading this one?)

“Ok, here we are. You can open your eyes now.”

Guzma obeyed Plumeria’s words and opened his eyes a little, squinting from the sudden light from the morning sun. As his eyes began to adjust, he could make out a small building, with a sign that spelled out Patisserie Soapberry in bold letters. He raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“A bakery? That’s it?” he asked, a little annoyed it wasn’t anything more interesting.

“Trust me, Guz, I’ve heard great things about this place. Would it kill ya to just get a donut or something? We’ll be in and out.” Plumeria replied.

Guzma rolled his eyes.

“Fine, c’mon.”

He pushed open the glass doors, a small wind chime jingling a set of notes as it was brushed against itself. The place was sparsely filled with a few people enjoying pastries to themselves or with friends, the ambience soft and slightly inviting. They reached the counter and Guzma’s gaze fell to a small bell that said ‘Please Ring’. Guzma tapped his finger against it a few times, the sound echoing in the air for a moment, drumming his fingers against the countertop.

“Just a moment!” a voice replied.

It sounded like a woman’s, strong, but also gentle at the same time. Guzma looked up a little as she finally stepped out from the kitchen. She was tall, around Plumeria’s height, with practically radiating skin, at least to Guzma it was. Her green eyes were filled with nothing but friendliness as she waved gently in the two’s direction.

“My apologies, I was taking care of a small thing. What can I get for you?”

“We’re new around here, do you think you could recommend something for us to try?” Plumeria asked her.

“I see. Well, I can certainly recommend our cinnamon rolls, made fresh every morning! They’re filled with a burst of delicious flavors to make your morning a little sweeter!” she added with a small giggle.

Plumeria nodded and turned to Guzma.

“That sounds good. What d’ya think, Guz?”

Guzma hardly registered what she was saying, his attention dead-set on the woman in front of him. He felt different all of a sudden; it was hard to explain, but it felt kind of good, whatever it was he was feeling. She turned to look at him, the two locking eyes for a split second, and Guzma flinched a little. Was he intimidated? No, that wasn’t it, it was something else…

“Guzma?”

Plumeria’s voice snapped him from his entranced thoughts as his surroundings finally came into focus again.
“Huh?”

Plumeria furrowed her brows a little in annoyance.

“Sorry about him. We’ll take two cinnamon rolls, thanks.”

The woman nodded in response, dismissing her comment with a gentle wave of her hand.

“It’s no problem! I’ll be right back with your orders; feel free to sit down while you wait!”

Without another word, she quickly retreated back to the kitchen to begin baking. Plumeria grabbed Guzma by his arm and sat him down on a chair, taking her own spot in a seat across from him.

“What the hell was that?”

Guzma nervously scratched the back of his head.

“Look, sorry Plums, I-I don’t know what happened, It was her. I just… froze or somethin’.”

“What, you scared of her or somethin’?” Plumeria replied, her smirk indicating the slight teasing tone in her voice.

“It’s not that! I just don’t know how to explain it.”

“Do ya like her?”

Guzma stopped for a moment at her response, actually taking a moment to think about that outcome. Did he like her? He guessed she was pretty nice, but was that enough to say he really liked her? He could say the same about Plumeria, but they were siblings; it was bound to be a lot more platonic between the two.

Trying to brute force this would be a lot harder than he anticipated.

“I…”

He was cut off as two steaming pastries were placed in front of the duo, served by the woman herself. Guzma’s face fell a little as he tried his best to keep himself from staring in her direction instantly.

“Thanks,” Plumeria said to her.

She turned to Guzma for a moment before looking back at her.

“Hey, we never did get your name, did we?”

“Oh, I suppose you’re right. Silly me! My name is Katy, the owner of this little bakery.”

Katy. A name fit for an angel.

“Nice to meet you, Katy. I’m Plumeria, and that’s Guzma.”

Guzma wasn’t looking, but he could feel Katy facing him once again, and he tried to cover his face a little.

“H-Hey…” He mumbled, at least trying to say something instead of sitting there like a nervous wreck.

“It’s so nice to meet you both!” she replied with another warm smile across her perfect face. The sound of the bell at the counter rang suddenly and Katy stood up a little more.

“Ah, that must be another new customer. I won't waste your time any longer. Enjoy your treats!”

After she finished her sentence, she quickly scurried back to the front counter to assist the next customer. Guzma watched her leave with a conflicting gaze. Should he have said more, had he not been acting so strangely? They could've struck up conversation or something, anything just to talk to her for a little while longer…

“Guzma, your food's gonna get cold.” Plumeria said to him, snapping him from his thoughts. “Or is your blushing face enough to reheat it?” She added with a smirk.

Guzma glared as he tried his best to stop himself from subconsciously blushing harder.

“Sh-Shut up…” he mumbled, biting into the cinnamon roll.

The taste immediately soaked into his taste buds, filling his mouth with a sensation of warm sweetness wrapped with a dash of cinnamon. It was incredible, unlike anything he tasted in Alola.

“Woah, this is great.” He said through another mouthful, scattering crumbs slightly as he spoke.

Plumeria shrugged, satisfied with the result of their outing.

“See? I told you you'd like it here. And by the looks of it, you got even more than you expected…”

“You’re terrible sometimes.” Guzma replied with an unamused roll of his eyes.

Plumeria chuckled a little, taking a bite of her own pastry.

“I try.”

Nothing really big to say, just writing some Rika/Grusha/Iono (Iono kind of playing more of a minor role in this thing specifically.)

As always I hope you enjoy it!

It was some hour late at night… At least Grusha thought so. The hours had basically blended together in his mind at this point, and the fact that it felt like thirty minutes were a few seconds every time he checked his phone really didn't help much.

His eyes moved to a bed, Rika and Iono sprawled across it, their arms loosely wrapped around each other as they rested. He felt a twinge of desperation, eagerly wanting to join in, the scene practically calling to him, but wanted to finish this before it was too late. He put one idea to paper, only to throw it away a few minutes later. Each attempt felt wrong in some way, like it could be better, but every time he tried, it kept coming up short.

He sighed a little internally but shook it off and got back to his work, staring at the once again blank page. As he began to write, his mind began to drift off. Maybe if he just closed his eyes and thought about things…

Rika’s eyes opened to the brightness of the morning sun, fatigue combined with the sudden light making her want to shut them again for a little longer. She pulled herself up a little with a yawn, gently moving Iono’s hand that was draped across her lap, before getting out of bed. As she headed toward the bedroom door though, she froze for a moment, catching something from the back of her eye. Turning her head a little, she noticed Grusha sitting at the small desk in their room, normally used by herself for Elite Four business.

His head was down, and soft snoring sounds escaped his mouth as he did; it looked like he fell asleep then and there. She reached out to try and wake him, but noticed a small crumple up note under one of his arms. She carefully took it out and unfurled it slightly, reading it.

Rika,

I wanted to write something big and heartfelt to you, to show how much I cared about our relationship. As you can see, that didn’t work out too well…

Rika gave a soft chuckle.

As I tried though, I realized that eventually, the letter itself had lost its heartfelt purpose. I realized that I didn't need to be over the top with you.

I love you, Rika. Since the day we met, you were the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, and everything about you just felt absolutely perfect. I know I don't talk much, but I wanted to show you how much I care. You and Iono have changed my life, and I'm really grateful for that.

Thank you.

- Grusha

Rika felt the corners of her mouth rise a little, bringing the note close to her chest, hugging it tightly. It made her happy to think someone stayed up all night just to write a love letter for her.

It wasn't extravagant, it didn't feel forced, his heart was just telling him what to write, his feelings explaining and unraveling themselves on the page on their own.

That's how you knew he loved her.

oh my heart that's so sweet i'm---!!

Now I'm invested in this dynamic, you've keyed me in on this!! I wanna know more about this throuple thing Grusha/Iono/Rika have going on!

Back
Top Bottom