• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Celebi travels through time, around globe: More in-store distributions announced

Reaction score
Can't believe there isn't an event for the UK, especially as the Crown Beasts even is currently running in the UK.

I really really want Celebi - they seem to only release it every few years.... Just need this one, Deoxys and Darkrai and then my 100% legit Pokedex will be complete!!! (what's that you say? they released another 156 of the blighters? ah, shucks.)

I need beer money dammit!
Reaction score
As usual Australia gets the sharp end of the stick jammed up their backside.

Meowth fan
Reaction score
Wait, wait, WHEN exactly is the Celebi event for the US? i saw Feb 5th somewhere, & I saw on serebii.net that its Feb. 27th. I need the correct date, someone please tell me! D=

Reaction score
Wait, wait, WHEN exactly is the Celebi event for the US? i saw Feb 5th somewhere, & I saw on serebii.net that its Feb. 27th. I need the correct date, someone please tell me! D=
Supposedly Celebi is being distributed at the US B&W Mall Tour, the first of which was on the 5th.

At Gamestops nationwide, though, Celebi begins on the 21st.

Confusing Post Syndrome
Reaction score
I don't get all the Greece-hate. We're lucky to finally get an event for once and everybody's bitter about it.

Reaction score
I just moved to Germany from the UK, does anyone know if my UK Pt/HG/SS will be able to get a Celebi at the German event?

Reaction score
It's likely the UK and Australia will both get it, as well. The regional branches of Nintendo simply don't all operate on the same schedule. I doubt there's much coordination at all (if any). They take their cues from TPCi in the case of events, I think.

In fact, this article from Nintendo.co.uk indicates in its 7th paragraph that the UK will be getting Celebi, and tells people to watch PokemonBlackWhite.com for details:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2010/pokeacutemon_black_version_and_pokeacutemon_white_version_arrive_in_europe_march_4th_31097.html
Yey, that's definitely promising! Thanks for posting this... Come on, we have to get Celebi!!

Reaction score
I hope so...otherwise little old New Zealand here gets nothing...as per usual.

Something about magnets
Reaction score
The regional branches of Nintendo simply don't all operate on the same schedule.

And we happen to be saddled with the worst of them =/

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
I don't get all the Greece-hate. We're lucky to finally get an event for once and everybody's bitter about it.
It's a little misguided, I admit. Speaking as a terminally-annoyed Brit, it is frustrating that a whole slew of countries (Usually overlooked, true) seem to have confirmed Celebi events while there's only the smallest rumour of a UK event (Let alone Australia and New Zealand). 18 days to go, and I know I'm getting antsy about it

the future is not written
Reaction score
I do find it peculiar that the other English-speaking regions don't have events yet.

Although I do like it a lot that Pokemon's really pushing the borders w/r/t Pokemon events.

If you look at this article, it hints at a UK distribution.

Last edited:
The Ninja Pokemon Master
Reaction score
If you look at this article, it hints at a UK distribution.
After reading the news about the Celebi events, I had my good old "Aussie Gaming Hell Rant" ready for the forums. So thanks for put my fears at ease (and reminding me to get Entei today. :))

So people just wait till next week to get more info on this. I know most Aussies (and New Zealanders) are worried that we won't get it but we have got the Crown Beast, so it'll probably get a Wi-Fi released soon.

Moshi moshi...
Reaction score
In here, there are no in store wi-fi events like this one... :/
so.. I'm neutral about this one..

We're very concerned.
Reaction score
This is just speculation, but could the hold up be that they couldn't or can't get a store chain to agree to distribute the Celebi in UK/Australia/New Zealand?

could they instead just be planning to make it a Wi Fi event after the Crown Beasts?

Last edited:
Licensed Scientician
Reaction score
Shouldn't have thought so, at least for the UK; I've been to distributions at my local Game shop, so unless Nintendo and Game have had a falling out...

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
I've heard rumours that Nintendo UK's head of marketing is currently on holiday. That's probably way.

Reaction score
This is just speculation, but could the hold up be that they couldn't or can't get a store chain to agree to distribute the Celebi in UK/Australia/New Zealand?

could they instead just be planning to make it a Wi Fi event after the Crown Beasts?
Apperently from what I hear, Celebi is to be retail only, no wi-fi, but i dont know, maybe they will change their minds and give a wi-fi event too.

metal buttez
Reaction score
well the shiny beast trio d/l ends 27th february & the victini "liberty pass" d/l starts 4th march so what's happening in the week 27/02/11-04/03/11? here's hoping...

(also congrats greece!)