• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Celebi travels through time, around globe: More in-store distributions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might actually go to this...

It would be better if it was for a whole week, though. That way I wouldn't have to pay the overpriced tube fare just to get a Celebi. However, I can't say it's not worth it for such a rare one.

I was wondering.....

I had spoke with a Gamestop employee about Celebi, considering the last day of distribution is the day B/W come out, I wondered out loud if Celebi could be d/l into B/W from the store directly instead of a trade. He was of the opinion that that could work, but would it? I'm assuming that the games know the diff between the two, but even so... it would be kick-ass if that worked. :D

I was wondering.....

I had spoke with a Gamestop employee about Celebi, considering the last day of distribution is the day B/W come out, I wondered out loud if Celebi could be d/l into B/W from the store directly instead of a trade. He was of the opinion that that could work, but would it? I'm assuming that the games know the diff between the two, but even so... it would be kick-ass if that worked. :D
I doubt that would work. I suppose it's always possible, but it seems very unlikely. I certainly would't count on it.

... There's a rumour I read on PokemonAus that Celebi will be available over the Wifi from March 1 to March 5 for Australia's benefit, and it was delayed so long for the obvious reason of not interfering with the current UK/US/etc. retail distributions....

IDK if there's any truth to the rumour...

Hey I just got mine from gamestop and it has the ot WIN2011, isn't it supposed to be GAMESTP?

It's possible that they mixed up the US distribution cart with the a UK one.

I freaking hate Gamestop. Giving me a WIN Celebi. Those jerks.

Nintendo must've chosen to give out new Celebi distribution carts in light of the original one (that did give out a Celebi with the OT:GAMESTP) leaking so early. They couldn't do so in time for the shiny Beasts, of course, but for whatever reason they felt it was worth doing for Celebi.

It also answers the question of how the event was going to be held without Gamestop employees needing to play around with the DS system date, as the original Beasts/Celebi combo distribution cartridge would only broadcast Celebi from the 27th to the 6th.

Ugh my gamestop's wifi was down, so I can't check.

When a few more people can confirm the Celebi ID, I think we should change this page.

I got mine today, and it had the WIN2011 trainer ID. Was hoping to get a GAMESTP one on my HG and catch a WIN2011 one from wifi on my plat, just for variety, but it looks like they'll both be the latter either way.

I didn't even check the OT when I got mine. I noticed it was level 50, but I just figured they did that so Celebi could actually be used in the Giovanni fight. Now that I look at it, I have WIN2011. Damnedest thing.

Just thought of something:It seems like over the past year or more, we've had a wifi pokemon for each season: Pichu in the spring, Jirachi in the summer, mew in the fall and the beasts in the winter. Since this is a different event, could they be following this pattern and go with SPR2011 for a wifi Celebi? I know the gamestop one having the same OT as the beasts kind of throws this off, but I'm just thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom