• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Celebi travels through time, around globe: More in-store distributions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda mad they changed the OT to also be WIN2011. I wanted another Celebi with the GAMESTOP OT. Since the Black and White mall tour was only available in a limited area I liked that that Celebi I got there was rare and the way to tell that I actually went to the event was by the OT. And now I can't even get the Celebi from Gamestop because it says I already received the event.

I'm kinda mad they changed the OT to also be WIN2011. I wanted another Celebi with the GAMESTOP OT. Since the Black and White mall tour was only available in a limited area I liked that that Celebi I got there was rare and the way to tell that I actually went to the event was by the OT. And now I can't even get the Celebi from Gamestop because it says I already received the event.

It'd say that anyway, even if the OT WAS different. Same with the Crown Beasts. One set says "GAMESTP", another "WIN2011". But you can't get both because the Wonder Cards have the same ID#.

Why is it so important that the OT is GAMESTP and not WIN2011?

Oh how I wish I had gotten an GAMESTP one. It would have completed the set.

I just moved to Germany from the UK, does anyone know if my UK Pt/HG/SS will be able to get a Celebi at the German event?
No. 4th Gen Pokemon games are language-locked not region-locked, so you'll need a copy in German.

The Belgian and Holland events will be held on the 26th of February only.
That is so not fair! One day Nintendo, really?
Even worse, Celebi is only to be distributed at Saturn, which only has 6/7 stores in holland, and only one V&D in Utrecht. :l

lame.

The EU handling of the Celebi event has been pretty dire. Has their been anything to the Wi-Fi event rumours?

I got Celebi from Gamestop yesterday. Mine has OT of WIN2011 as well. I think they did that so it would mtach the Celebi being distributed at the Black and White mall tours because I pretty sure they had WIN2011 too. TPCi and Nintendo probably don't want people thinking that the Celebi at Gamestop and Celebi at the BW mall tours are different because they aren't. PokemonGoldSilver.com confirms this, The Gamestop Celebi and the mall tour Celebi are the same. They both unlock the same things, have the same moves, and the same held item. I also picked up a fyler that tell you how to download and it said in the fine print....*Content Distribution may be made available over Nintendo Wi-Fi connection* It also said this on the Shiny Pichu, Jirachi, and the Shiny Beasts Flyers as well and they were later available over Wi-Fi. So there is a chance Celebi will be over Wi-Fi. Probably mainly for Australia, since it is really the only country left where the Celebi hasn't been annouced, and since Australia has the same server as Europe and North America, It would give us all another chance to recieve Celebi.

I got Celebi from Gamestop yesterday. Mine has OT of WIN2011 as well. I think they did that so it would mtach the Celebi being distributed at the Black and White mall tours because I pretty sure they had WIN2011 too. TPCi and Nintendo probably don't want people thinking that the Celebi at Gamestop and Celebi at the BW mall tours are different because they aren't. PokemonGoldSilver.com confirms this, The Gamestop Celebi and the mall tour Celebi are the same. They both unlock the same things, have the same moves, and the same held item. I also picked up a fyler that tell you how to download and it said in the fine print....*Content Distribution may be made available over Nintendo Wi-Fi connection* It also said this on the Shiny Pichu, Jirachi, and the Shiny Beasts Flyers as well and they were later available over Wi-Fi. So there is a chance Celebi will be over Wi-Fi. Probably mainly for Australia, since it is really the only country left where the Celebi hasn't been annouced, and since Australia has the same server as Europe and North America, It would give us all another chance to recieve Celebi.

Good, because I really need it and I can't get to any events.

It'd say that anyway, even if the OT WAS different. Same with the Crown Beasts. One set says "GAMESTP", another "WIN2011". But you can't get both because the Wonder Cards have the same ID#.

Thank you for the clarification. I wish I would have known that before then.

I still think they should have made it so you could get both then. What was the point of having a special event Celebi at the mall tour if it negates the Gamestop Celebi?

Thank you for the clarification. I wish I would have known that before then.

I still think they should have made it so you could get both then. What was the point of having a special event Celebi at the mall tour if it negates the Gamestop Celebi?

Just more opportunities to get it I guess. Those who couldn't make it to Gamestop could go to the tour, and those unable to make a tour could go to Gamestop.

I so hope they release this Celebi on wifi. The Celebi that was leaked on projectpokemon and the one handed out at UK Game Stores has a ID indicating it should start on the 27th, and with the Suicune event ending on the 27th I only hope that the Celebi one is distributed next over wifi. Maybe the 28th when the Suicune one has officially finished.

Can't wait to get my hands on 2 (one for my lil' bro). Hopefully my bud will be able to supply me with 'em :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8kQIEiSLy0&feature=feedu

Uh, in the interest of fairness, I thought I should post this...

The clever YouTube user "giancarloparimango11" is distributing Gamestop Celebi (OT "WIN2011") over Wi Fi. Here's what you need to do to get it. I can confirm that this worked for me, but don't make a mistake when following these instructions. This will work with any Gen IV game.
1) Turn on your DS. Select your Gen IV game from the menu. At the main menu, select "Nintendo Wi Fi Connection Settings".
2) Of the three displayed, select the connection you normally use.
3) Scroll down to "Auto Obtain DNS". Change to "No".
4) Scroll down to "Primary DNS". Select "Edit".
5) Enter these precise digits. 769717381. Your game will ad some spaces automatically.
6) It should look like this: _76._97.173._81 (The underscores represent empty boxes).
7) Select "OK" and "OK" when prompted.
8) Select "Save Settings". Press B until you are returned to the title screen.
9) Select "Continue". Make sure there are 6 Pokemon in your party, and an empty slot in your PC in the first box (named as "Box 1" unless you renamed it).
10) Proceed to the GTS in Goldenrod City or Jubilife City, depending on the game you're playing.
11) Talk to the attendant and proceed to the GTS as you normally would.
12) After it says "Checking GTS status..." you should recieve Celebi. Your game may get an error screen; do not panic, this is normal. If so, you will be returned to the title screen and then you will walk out of the GTS normally.
13) Check your PC. Celebi will be there. You may recieve as many Celebi as you want during the distribution. Repeat; THESE CELEBI ARE UNLIMITED.
14) After you have done getting all the Celebi you want, MAKE SURE you change "Auto Obtain DNS" back to "Yes".

Is this worthy of a Bulbanews article? It's a pretty big scandal, having legit Celebi handed out like hotcakes... Nintendo would not be happy.

Last edited:
Bulbanews has the Celebi event ending on March 20th and Gamestop says the
6th, anyone know which it is?

Nintendo must've chosen to give out new Celebi distribution carts in light of the original one (that did give out a Celebi with the OT:GAMESTP) leaking so early. They couldn't do so in time for the shiny Beasts, of course, but for whatever reason they felt it was worth doing for Celebi.

It also answers the question of how the event was going to be held without Gamestop employees needing to play around with the DS system date, as the original Beasts/Celebi combo distribution cartridge would only broadcast Celebi from the 27th to the 6th.
Yeah, I didn't think Game Stop employees would take the time to do that much work.

At Gamestop, Celebi ends on the 6th. However, there are Mall Tour dates (at which the Celebi will still be given out) after the 6th, the last of which is on the 20th.

Alright, thanks. I'd have to get it by the 6th then since the tour won't be in my city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom