• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Celebi travels through time, around globe: More in-store distributions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Celebi travels through time, around globe: More in-store distributions announced

In the wake of five announcements in recent days, further revelations about in-store Celebi distributions have come forth. Bulbanews is now aware of distribution events being held in Germany, Italy, Brazil, Portugal, Canada, and Denmark, in addition to the already reported distributions.

Read more on Bulbanews

See? See?! What did I say? No Australia! Of course!

Still no Belgium either, of course...

Are you sure the Celebi event starts in the US on February 5th? o_O

... What the...? Practically everywhere but Australia!! I AM DISSAPOINT.

>:-(

I don't think I can even speak anymore I am that mad stupid piece of BAH CRUMCAKE!

Are you sure the Celebi event starts in the US on February 5th? o_O
It started Feb 5th with that mall tour thing. Participating GameStop stores begin distributing it on Feb 21st... IN THE USA. NOT AUSTRALIA. Just to be clear. This is such bullsh*t.

Grr...no UK event yet. Even the smaller EU countries have got them.

I'm guessing the UK situation is something like this:

insufficient-demand.gif

Strange considering that the Celebi events, even for Canada I think, is way past its normal distribution window in the cartridge.

I wonder if they could somehow have changed the Celebi because it got leaked so the leaked ones won't work...though I doubt it.

Looks like we're getting the shiny HG/SS Trio and Zoroark (on B/W import) instead.

I'm after Celebi, not the Zorua line.

now i'm genuinely surprised, Brazil got an event, and its sadly nowhere near where i live...
ok, i already have raikou, and i'm gonna get the other beasts, so i can always breed Zoroark, thus i'm happy anyways!

Grr...no UK event yet. Even the smaller EU countries have got them.

Yeah, but the fact that they're getting them provides a ray of hope... it's cutting it fine, but we may get some good news soon! :)

not here is UK?? aww thats sad.... i've been waiting for celebi to come to where i live....

I wonder if they could somehow have changed the Celebi because it got leaked so the leaked ones won't work...though I doubt it.

I don't think that's possible. The only thing required to unlock the event is a Celebi with a fateful encounter. Besides, Hg/Ss and B&W are already finalized; they can't alter the requirements of those games to unlock the content. Also, I don't see them going through the expense to produce a whole new set of distribution cartridges just because the Pokemon were leaked early.

My guess it that Nintendo's instructions to Gamestop employees provide for changing the system date. Probably something like "On the first day of the event, set the DS' date ahead to February 27, proceed like that until the 27th and then correct the date to normal."

The same would go for the American Celebi, as the Gamestop event also goes from the 21st-6th there. The reason it "starts" on the 5th in the Bulbanews chart is because of the B&W Mall Tour.

Very surprised and disappointed that the UK, France and Australia aren't getting Celebi. Why not when Greece of all places is getting it?

Very surprised and disappointed that the UK, France and Australia aren't getting Celebi. Why not when Greece of all places is getting it?

France should, as it appears on the PokemonGoldSilver.com site for that country. The notice says (as it does on all the European sites it's appeared on) to check your local Nintendo website for more details, but those details have yet to appear on Nintendo.fr

Even then, not the UK and Australia when Greece, notorious for their anti-videogames stance, will be getting it?

It's likely the UK and Australia will both get it, as well. The regional branches of Nintendo simply don't all operate on the same schedule. I doubt there's much coordination at all (if any). They take their cues from TPCi in the case of events, I think.

In fact, this article from Nintendo.co.uk indicates in its 7th paragraph that the UK will be getting Celebi, and tells people to watch PokemonBlackWhite.com for details:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...version_arrive_in_europe_march_4th_31097.html
Great news too for existing players of Pokémon HeartGold, SoulSilver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl Version games is the chance for them to catch the Mythical Pokémon Celebi! Keep checking www.PokemonBlackWhite.com for details on where you can catch this elusive Pokémon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom