• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Celebi travels through time, around globe: More in-store distributions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe there isn't an event for the UK, especially as the Crown Beasts even is currently running in the UK.

I really really want Celebi - they seem to only release it every few years.... Just need this one, Deoxys and Darkrai and then my 100% legit Pokedex will be complete!!! (what's that you say? they released another 156 of the blighters? ah, shucks.)

As usual Australia gets the sharp end of the stick jammed up their backside.

Wait, wait, WHEN exactly is the Celebi event for the US? i saw Feb 5th somewhere, & I saw on serebii.net that its Feb. 27th. I need the correct date, someone please tell me! D=

Wait, wait, WHEN exactly is the Celebi event for the US? i saw Feb 5th somewhere, & I saw on serebii.net that its Feb. 27th. I need the correct date, someone please tell me! D=

Supposedly Celebi is being distributed at the US B&W Mall Tour, the first of which was on the 5th.

At Gamestops nationwide, though, Celebi begins on the 21st.

I don't get all the Greece-hate. We're lucky to finally get an event for once and everybody's bitter about it.

I just moved to Germany from the UK, does anyone know if my UK Pt/HG/SS will be able to get a Celebi at the German event?

It's likely the UK and Australia will both get it, as well. The regional branches of Nintendo simply don't all operate on the same schedule. I doubt there's much coordination at all (if any). They take their cues from TPCi in the case of events, I think.

In fact, this article from Nintendo.co.uk indicates in its 7th paragraph that the UK will be getting Celebi, and tells people to watch PokemonBlackWhite.com for details:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB...version_arrive_in_europe_march_4th_31097.html

Yey, that's definitely promising! Thanks for posting this... Come on, we have to get Celebi!!

I hope so...otherwise little old New Zealand here gets nothing...as per usual.

The regional branches of Nintendo simply don't all operate on the same schedule.

And we happen to be saddled with the worst of them =/

I don't get all the Greece-hate. We're lucky to finally get an event for once and everybody's bitter about it.

It's a little misguided, I admit. Speaking as a terminally-annoyed Brit, it is frustrating that a whole slew of countries (Usually overlooked, true) seem to have confirmed Celebi events while there's only the smallest rumour of a UK event (Let alone Australia and New Zealand). 18 days to go, and I know I'm getting antsy about it

I do find it peculiar that the other English-speaking regions don't have events yet.

Although I do like it a lot that Pokemon's really pushing the borders w/r/t Pokemon events.

If you look at this article, it hints at a UK distribution.

Last edited:
If you look at this article, it hints at a UK distribution.

After reading the news about the Celebi events, I had my good old "Aussie Gaming Hell Rant" ready for the forums. So thanks for put my fears at ease (and reminding me to get Entei today. :))

So people just wait till next week to get more info on this. I know most Aussies (and New Zealanders) are worried that we won't get it but we have got the Crown Beast, so it'll probably get a Wi-Fi released soon.

In here, there are no in store wi-fi events like this one... :/
so.. I'm neutral about this one..

This is just speculation, but could the hold up be that they couldn't or can't get a store chain to agree to distribute the Celebi in UK/Australia/New Zealand?

could they instead just be planning to make it a Wi Fi event after the Crown Beasts?

Last edited:
Shouldn't have thought so, at least for the UK; I've been to distributions at my local Game shop, so unless Nintendo and Game have had a falling out...

I've heard rumours that Nintendo UK's head of marketing is currently on holiday. That's probably way.

This is just speculation, but could the hold up be that they couldn't or can't get a store chain to agree to distribute the Celebi in UK/Australia/New Zealand?

could they instead just be planning to make it a Wi Fi event after the Crown Beasts?

Apperently from what I hear, Celebi is to be retail only, no wi-fi, but i dont know, maybe they will change their minds and give a wi-fi event too.

well the shiny beast trio d/l ends 27th february & the victini "liberty pass" d/l starts 4th march so what's happening in the week 27/02/11-04/03/11? here's hoping...

(also congrats greece!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom