• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cells at Work Mafia - Endgame (09/02/2020)

Ah well... Better try to do something about it then.

Vote: HumanDawn

This vote is Somewhat locked, it won't change before the end of the phase, or will it? :sneaky:

Why did you vote and unvote in the same post? If you can give a response to the last half of my post and bother to vote me, why did you ignore the first?

With the way HD has been acting, I think he's a Joker of some sort, and wants to be lynched.

His comments seem too obvious

ree.PNG

Nah, this is just HD. She pulls shit like this.

*He

I don't have a consistent play style. I haven't played in a long while.

Hmm, very well then. I suppose I'll have to wait. In that case, I'd like to request one other person to sit on this vote with me. If it comes to a point where we need to come off then it'd be fine to do so, but I'd really like to solve the exact situation here sooner rather than later.

???

The host told you that you have to wait until the end of the phase to get an updated vote count, why are you requesting another vote on Felly when they haven't yet given an explanation? What is so problematic about this situation that you'd "really like to solve ... sooner rather than later"?

Unvote : HumanDawn
Vote : Felly

Knowledge is power.

Knowledge is power, but that has nothing to do with justifying voting Felly. What about what we know of their power warrants a vote? Why not ask first, see what answer you get, and then vote from there? We already know that we won't know the exact effects of the votes until the end of the phase.

Vote: Felly

Since we don't know what's up with the votes, I think that's the safest bet.

Safest bet? We only know that either Felly is immune by one vote (or more, or maybe something else?) or maybe Lone_Garurumon has a voting related role, which they haven't admitted to. What about what could be Felly's role makes her the "safest bet" to be Mafia?

But I'm also eyeing HumanDawn. That was a pretty bold way to start and not in a good way.

Thanks about it being bold, but what about it is not good? You didn't really elaborate and instead just left it at that.

Well we just need 2 people voting for Felly to confirm what role hindering the poll. I also think that we should do like Ex suggested, and LG should vote for himself.

Unvote : Felly

I think it was clear that I don't want necessaraly vote for Felly, I just want to understand why they got 0 vote even if LG voted for them.
Also, why did I vote and unvote in the same turn is because it is the first turn. Nobody have something on anyone right now, so I was just messing around, like most people do. I'll start to make my brain work when I'll have something concrete, like actual vote results.

Also, locking your vote on me for whatever reason also doesn't make any sense at all. I don't know what you want to achieve with this. Maybe you need to be lynched to win? :unsure:

The host told you that you have to wait until the end of the phase to get an updated vote count
oh
I thought Zinn meant midday and endday as in IRL days, not as in game days
that kinda sucks

Still, would be nice to have two other votes sitting on her and Lone voting someone else by the end of the day so we can see what's causing that

we'd want another wagon with at least 3 votes if we don't want to end up lynching there tho

Yeah, true, only one person should be voting for Felly then.
we need 2, I think
if only one person votes her we won't know if she's unvotable or a -1 vote
we need two people on her (right now I think we have Cyanide and King) and lone to selfvote

but we'd need another wagon with 3 votes in case that anomaly was an interaction specifically with lone

Well we just need 2 people voting for Felly to confirm what role hindering the poll. I also think that we should do like Ex suggested, and LG should vote for himself.

Unvote : Felly

I think it was clear that I don't want necessaraly vote for Felly, I just want to understand why they got 0 vote even if LG voted for them.
Also, why did I vote and unvote in the same turn is because it is the first turn. Nobody have something on anyone right now, so I was just messing around, like most people do. I'll start to make my brain work when I'll have something concrete, like actual vote results.

Also, locking your vote on me for whatever reason also doesn't make any sense at all. I don't know what you want to achieve with this. Maybe you need to be lynched to win? :unsure:

You're good.

UNVOTE: KenderCharmeleon
VOTE: CyanideCrystal

For voting Felly on the basis they are Mafia instead of for information.

Well that sound like we ending up lynching someone anyway no... if we vote someone else with 3 votes, and if Felly power does -1 on her vote, the person with 3 votes ends up being lynched? o_O
I mean yea
the ideal is trying to lynch someone

otherwise we'd be just voting for a no lynch
that's why we gotta debate who will receive 3+ votes

What do you mean, not for information? I wasn't sure what the plan was. If I knew we were planning to just give two I wouldn't vote for them. I think you might be voting for me cause I wanted to vote for you, but I will stick by my vote, because we need it to find out what's up.

What do you mean, not for information? I wasn't sure what the plan was. If I knew we were planning to just give two I wouldn't vote for them. I think you might be voting for me cause I wanted to vote for you, but I will stick by my vote, because we need it to find out what's up.

Vote: Felly

Since we don't know what's up with the votes, I think that's the safest bet.

On my limited experience, each time we lynched someone day 1, we ended up lynching town people. Also, if we presume Felly have a -1 on her vote count, wouldn't make more sense as a Mafia power, even if very suspicious?

So maybe, what we can do is :
Two people votes for Felly, no need to change anything right now.
LG votes for himself.

If Felly have a -1 : there is no one lynched.
If LG vote doesn't count : well, just too bad, Felly our first lynch, and we hope she was Mafia.

Also, just to be sure, someone else should have a vote.

On my limited experience, each time we lynched someone day 1, we ended up lynching town people.
I mean, if we blindly lynch someone it's a 75%+ chance of not hitting scum
but it generates some information that might help us catch them
like, seeing the interactions of the people with the lynched person, or how their lynch wagon developed

On my limited experience, each time we lynched someone day 1, we ended up lynching town people. Also, if we presume Felly have a -1 on her vote count, wouldn't make more sense as a Mafia power, even if very suspicious?

It's true we are more likely to lynch Town based on odds alone, but it's only during the day that the Town can lynch Mafia, so a no lynch ends up as a wasted opportunity. If Town always No Lynched Day 1, what would be the point of Day 1s then?

That reasoning for voting Felly is the best reasoning so far. We are then faced with a bit of a dilemma:

Do we lynch Felly Day 1 to get it over with in case they are Mafia? Which, if they are, then their role would be a bigger hindrance later in the game with less Town.

Unvote: ExLight

Crystal caught my suspicion when I read through, so I think HD could be onto something here. My suspicion on CC comes down to these reasons: 1) For hopping on the Felly wagon, possibly being eager to cause a mislynch even though the initial Felly votes were only placed for informational purposes; and 2) for having their favorite Gigantamax cry be Pikachu’s breathy “Pee... pee...” :p (ok, maybe that second reason is a bit unfair.)
However, I also noticed that KingofSparta hopped onto the Felly wagon, and I also also noticed that out of that entire wagon, King’s vote seems to be the only one HumanDawn didn’t comment on. So before I leap onto the CyanideCrystal vote train, I gotta ask...HumanDawn, why did you overlook Sparta? :unsure:

Unvote: ExLight

Crystal caught my suspicion when I read through, so I think HD could be onto something here. My suspicion on CC comes down to these reasons: 1) For hopping on the Felly wagon, possibly being eager to cause a mislynch even though the initial Felly votes were only placed for informational purposes; and 2) for having their favorite Gigantamax cry be Pikachu’s breathy “Pee... pee...” :p (ok, maybe that second reason is a bit unfair.)
However, I also noticed that KingofSparta hopped onto the Felly wagon, and I also also noticed that out of that entire wagon, King’s vote seems to be the only one HumanDawn didn’t comment on. So before I leap onto the CyanideCrystal vote train, I gotta ask...HumanDawn, why did you overlook Sparta? :unsure:

When I posted, I didn't notice King's post, and I didn't think making a double post where I repeat what I just said in the previous post worth it. I guess if I had to say something, it would be because they said "Mainly", which means there is more to the vote, but I feel like that's just being nitpicky.

Alright, so before people jump onto Crystal Train, I want to explain myself briefly to maybe sway some voters. Also a bit about other players.

This is the first time I'm playing over text so I thought our vote will be rather permanent and the game will move at a different pace. For the longest time I wanted to vote HumanDawn, because agressive play and jumping to accusations seemed like a strategy of a mafia person, who wants to shift blame. But then I saw the votes being off, which led me to my remark "this seems like a safest bet", I meant, we don't have any proof that could act against any other person (except for behaviour, which is not super reliable to read through text). I thought there will be less time to vote so I wanted not to submit a vote that would not make a difference. Then when people jumped off, I decided to stay, because we still needed some people there to at least make it a draw and see how Felly's power might possibly work.

I don't think it makes me more suspicious, especially since a lot of people were willing to jump on the Felly lynch train and Felly didn't even say anything yet.

Well let's not forget though that the 0 vote might be explained by LG not being able to vote. But not having any other clue, and, if everybody want to lynch someone on Day 1, I would go with lynching Felly right now unless we get more info that pointing in another direction.

Vote : Felly

Back
Top Bottom