• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cells at Work Mafia - Endgame (09/02/2020)

but yet, what wagon did you help make in the end?
Yea, I'll agree with this. I should've tried to scumhunt more than I did.
I just didn't find anyone suspicious, so I wasn't sure what to poke.

I don't think I've implied that, please stop putting words in my mouth.
Then why would you be so sure he would know whether or not he's voteless?

I really don't understand? He could vote anyone other than himself and Felly, and we would know whether he was actually Voteless or not. Basically, what I am trying to say is that I can implicate you regarding the same situation like how you are implicating me, except you are being hypocritical about it.
I don't get it. He would still get lynched or result in a No Lynch.
I don't see how any results are optimal since there's literally 0% chance of catching scum.

I think I addressed this already, but yea, they didn't have to be buds with Felly or know her role because if HD is scum he'd granted either a mislynch or a no lynch with little to no options for town to pick.

Okay, so because I was the last vote on Felly, then I have scum motivation? I could have easily backed off the most popular wagon and stayed on my vote on Cyanide, because I did not need to "assure" her lynch. I also have my scum partners for that, if I wanted to do that.

I really don't see why you'd have to be scum with any of them to limit town's options.

But... then what is the importance of you claiming that I made the Town having less options if you think I thought either Lone or Felly would be mislynched? Did I vote Felly because I knew the votes on her would be meaningless and it would be easier to get Lone_Garurumon mislynched? Or did I vote her because I wanted her to be assuredly lynched? I can't seem to see a consistent reasoning.

First of all "potentially saving himself" is a pretty cute way of saying "resulting in an useless No Lynch" that would give town literally nothing to work with the following day.

I'm at a loss for words... Yes, it would resulted in a useless No Lynch that would have given the Town literally nothing to work with, but then I wouldn't have a mislynch? (again, in the context that I knew about Felly's role).

Then why would you be so sure he would know whether or not he's voteless?

Lone_Garurumon claimed to not be Voteless and I would have no reason to doubt that or take into account any hidden modifiers... ._.

Lone_Garurumon claimed to not be Voteless and I would have no reason to doubt that or take into account any hidden modifiers... ._.
it's a damn bastard game
as far as I know someone could even have a friggin Insane modifier

But... then what is the importance of you claiming that I made the Town having less options if you think I thought either Lone or Felly would be mislynched? Did I vote Felly because I knew the votes on her would be meaningless and it would be easier to get Lone_Garurumon mislynched? Or did I vote her because I wanted her to be assuredly lynched? I can't seem to see a consistent reasoning.
None and Both?
I'll try to explain it better, just a second.

@ExLight I am just messing with you. At this point I am just replying dramatically for the fun of it but I am getting a bit tired of it.

Do you have any other thoughts?

I feel like Felly is a pretty strong information lynch even if she turns out flipping town and that we might dig out at least one scum through some of her interactions if she's not scum.

Crystal seems to be kinda lurkish and not commenting compared to D1, so that is annoying me a bit.

I'd like to hear more about Lone's thoughts about the D1 events, too. Because now that I'm thinking about it I'm speculating that he let himself get lynched to allow us to have info and that he preferred that over a No lynch, and yadda yadda, but it's a bunch of speculation based on meta and I feel like we should hear from the man himself what he would've done if he knew he was under the risk of getting lynched.

Alternatively, we might get more info if we poke some of the players that didn't vote D1.
I'd like to hear from Officer, Megapod, and Tood who they'd've voted D1 if they had to.

Alternatively, we might get more info if we poke some of the players that didn't vote D1.
I'd like to hear from Officer, Megapod, and Tood who they'd've voted D1 if they had to.

I'd probably have joined the Felly bandwagon, honestly. HD's weird hostility towards Kender's joke vote seemed a bit strange to me at first, but I ended up dismissing that as a more of a joke of sorts. Felly only other one who also seemed off to me.

Sorry about being a little inactive. I've been fairly busy and I believe that a lot of the posts haven't been showing up in my notifications.
Yes, I kinda just jumped on the bandwagon with the Felly vote. From what I had read, I just thought that that had seemed the safest vote for me at the time.
And, well, as Felly had guessed, I'm new to this game, and if I'm being totally honest I didn't realize that I could abstain from the vote.
I'm assuming that I'm gonna be lynched either way, but I don't really have any suspicions at the moment so I'll just wait to see what is said now
This is an anti-town response, but not a scummy response, if that makes sense. This sort of mindset "I'm just gonna get lynched either way so I'll just sit back and not do anything" is actively detrimental to town, but I feel like scum would be more defensive than this. I'm willing to drop this for now provided you actually get involved and start making some actual contributions.
Unvote
silenced people being able to react is super common
I dunno what Silencers you're used to man, but I've always seen Silencers set up to allow the least interaction possible. That means no reactions, no quoting, nuthin'.
Still think a point that we are all not taking seriously enough is that it's Snowy vote that doomed LG. I also suspect Felly being Anti Town, and I really suspect that if we wait too long before lynching her, it will be too late. I know I'm going a bit meta here, but that Anti-Lynch thing seriously ressemble how a disease would act, being Cancer or whatever. So I think for now, I'll vote Felly anyway for now.

Vote : Felly
The problem with Snowy isn't so much that he voted me, moreso that he voted me and vanished the entire phase. He's not really doing much and kinda just there.
@MegaPod @Lone_Garurumon

Thoughts? Do you want a claim from KingofSparta?
A claim could work, but right now it doesn't feel necessary. Later maybe, but I'm willing to drop them for now.
I am what is considered a T cell,
You may not claim your Character or any Alias.
This is both against the rules and incredibly fucking convenient. "Oh, yeah! I'm that exact thing Tood just said that will make me look good and make me look like I'm a town player. Yeah, no. I'm gonna wait for @ZinnLav to give a verdict on what's happening to you for this, and if you're not getting outright modkilled, you're where my vote is going for this absurdly convenient play.
I'd like to hear more about Lone's thoughts about the D1 events, too. Because now that I'm thinking about it I'm speculating that he let himself get lynched to allow us to have info and that he preferred that over a No lynch, and yadda yadda, but it's a bunch of speculation based on meta and I feel like we should hear from the man himself what he would've done if he knew he was under the risk of getting lynched.
Yeah no that was just my fuck up. I kept bad track of the votes and thought they were more spread out than they were. I figured that we'd, at worst, get a no-lynch if I couldn't figure out who else to vote for and get back in time before phase end. Entirely accidental lynch on myself caused by my own idiocy.

Crystal seems to be kinda lurkish and not commenting compared to D1, so that is annoying me a bit.

I am trying not to jump to conclusions today since last time that wasn't a very good call :/ But I should probably share what I think about the situation:

When it comes to Felly I think it's very convenient she revealed herself to be the cell that was mentioned by Tood just a few posts ago. Might be a sign of her trying to claim a role she doesn't have, but also I think it would be really reckless of the mafia to do that, so maybe it is just the truth and Tood just made a good guess.

At this point I am unsure why Felly doesn't want to claim her Night power, after revealing that not only she has one (prime killing taget) but also claiming everything else about her role. I don't think she has anything to gain with this.

I am still very curious about KingOfSparta since he's the least talkative. I think Tood and Kender are pro-town.

Reading back through the Ex/HD thing, it's striking me as town/town for the moment. They both just read as frustrated town more than manipulative scum.

Tood is an interesting case, they look like they're attempting to make decent solvings, but one or two of the comments strike me as potentially trying to just cause confusion, like this:
Granted, I'm not familiar with the source material and its characters, but in the context of an immune system itself, there are two stages of sorts: an innate response (involving cells like macrophages and neutrophils...), followed by an adaptive response (involving T cells, B cells and the production of more potent antibodies in the bodt). Generally, the innate response has to signal to the adaptive one to begin working, so if Felly is a T cell or something like that, I can see her role being delayed.

But I do not dismiss the idea of her being a disease either, I just need to point out that it's not impossible for her to be town.
Also

Vote: Felly

Because despite the possibility she could be town, I also see her as a very possible independent or mafia player. I think it would be best to take the risk and lynch her so that we may have one less of those two running around.
This doesn't actually get us anywhere, because it's just "Yeah, here's a big reason for why she could be town, but that doesn't actually matter because she could be scum, too and I'm voting her anyway. I feels kinda like trying to set up a fallback for if Felly turns up town. "I dunno what you're upset at me for, I said she could be town, see? You could've listened to that." I've got a null-slight scummish lean from this.

Kender's been out as vig for 3/4 of a day now and hasn't been counterclaimed, and he's really not given me any reason to distrust him at the moment, so I'm content with putting him at town lean right now.

Snowy is, as previously stated by myself and others, not really doing a ton. They pop in for a second, give a few words, not all of them necessarily useful. He's not great, but also not exactly present, so kinda middling.

Most others fall into the same general region as Snowy for the same general reasoning.

Felly, as I've stated, is a huge mess of scummy plays and, until Zinn tells s she's getting modkilled
Vote: Felly

This is both against the rules and incredibly fucking convenient. "Oh, yeah! I'm that exact thing Tood just said that will make me look good and make me look like I'm a town player. Yeah, no. I'm gonna wait for @ZinnLav to give a verdict on what's happening to you for this, and if you're not getting outright modkilled, you're where my vote is going for this absurdly convenient play.

Yeah, see, I was also really curious about this:
Is there a chance that Felly's silence is deliberate, like she's meant to be non-existent until a certain point in the game? I know inactive players are a thing, but we can't vote her or have our vig shoot her, so it feels a bit strange to me. It's also possible Kender just got blocked last night and I'm being a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but everything aboit that situation feels fishy to me.
I want to start with sharing why I was unable to post day one (and night one, though admittedly, I'm not really used to a game where posting at night is allowed anyways). It wasn't because I was busy; I was actually very much reading the thread as stuff was happening, and there was a very strong desire to at least react to things. Unfortunately, my role came with a day one and night one restriction in which I was unable to post or react in the thread; up until now, I was only able to confirm my role. I was unable to react to posts or reply to anything in the thread; all I was allowed to do was comment on the game in my role PM with Zinn and the other hosts/mods of the game. With this restriction came an immunity to any votes placed against me for a lynch on day 1, hence why LG's initial vote against me was reflected as 0 in the mid-day vote and why the end of day 1 vote also reflected 0.

I'd considered that similar enough to mine to be suspicious about her, and the T cell thing only makes it worse for her, in my eyes. Either I'm a good guesser or something extremely fishy is up.

Hi, another quickie to answer some suspicions about my role. Not gonna drop too many things on the basis that it'll put a bigger target on my back than there already is, but I am what is considered a T cell, which from what I'm reading in Tood's post, it can cause delayed reactions, hence my delayed arrival.
Errr, I think you just broke the rules by character claiming, Felly...
It is my actual role though, so it's more role claiming than anything else, unless we mean the T cell part, but that too is also part of my role. I claimed what I am, but I'll leave that to mod discretion; if it's determined I broke a rule (albeit accidentally), then I'll accept whatever punishment I get.
The rules say we cant claim characters or any aliases only roles. So I'd say telling us what character you are (character as in, the name of the character that appears in the show) was against the rules. Let's see what the mod says though.
I'll allow it as Felly was saying "considered a T cell" in response to Tood's post about T Cell's having delayed reactions. She could've mentioned any delayed reaction like Tood did.
This isn't to confirm nor deny she is in fact a T Cell though.
Though I would like that nobody does something similar in the future as it is kinda borderline. So no describing what you look like, who your character might associate with, etc.
Claiming your role is perfectly fine though.

I feel like Felly is fine because T Cells aren't a specific type of cells iirc, so even with the claim there are multiple characters (Killer, Helper, Regulatory, Naive) that might fit into that. I feel like it doesn't deserve a modkill, but it might count as hinting to the character and similar commentaries should by the own person about it (other players might speculate) should be avoided.
Exactly as ExLight put it.

I've been waiting to post because I think the big thing that people have been wanting to hear since I outed it is my role claim, but given that I was at risk of being modkilled, I wanted to at least wait until that was cleared up to come in and talk about that more. I'm glad it's all been cleared up, and I'll be careful in the future not to toe the line (or cross it!) in the future. (In all honesty, I was actually expecting to be modkilled anyways, but since I'm still in the game, I may as well contribute.) I've discussed this with Zinn just to make 100% sure it's okay to share this, given the circumstances I've thrown at my own self in this game and how I've already toed the line. I outed myself on this with saying there was more to my role than just the day 1/night 1 post restriction, and I think I'll just ultimately go ahead and share it now. Probably gonna give off some bad vibes doing it at this point, given there's been some pressure to do it, but I'm just gonna go ahead and do it anyways. At this point, I think I'm going to be the one to be ultimately lynched since it's pretty late in the day with me posting this, but even with that in mind, I'll be damned if I don't at least try to do something here to save my ass and get the target off my back. My night action is similar to that of a Psychiatrist in normal Mafia games; that's the best way I can really describe it.

I think looking back at the LG 1.0/Felly situation from round 1, the best case scenario would've been for him to place a vote on someone not himself or me. We already had midday votes when y'all discovered that I was voteless. His vote was already on me, and we needed to see if there was some weird interaction between him and me, if I was just simply immune to votes, or if there was some kinda -1 modifier going on. I feel like suggesting he self vote, especially when Snowy's joke vote was still on him, was a risky play. Him voting for literally any other player besides me or himself would've been the safer bet, assuming no one else voted for that person (so probably an inactive player, like Mal, would've been best since from what I can tell, no one was really jumping on the inactives day 1). But even then, I feel like that still would've been a risk because if Snowy did show up to pull the vote from LG in time, someone still would've got lynched... But if Snowy hadn't shown up until after the day ended, it would've resulted in a neutral, no lynch vote for day 1 since all the votes on me were neutralized and the 1/1 vote on LG 1.0 and whoever would've been a tie. In hindsight, I think the risk of a no lynch would've been the better scenario there, given what y'all knew about my role; it wouldn't have been the ideal situation, but I think it would've been better than the alternative. I think this has all already been more or less said by others (I forget who off hand tbh), but I do agree with it. I dunno though, the more I look at it and read the other scenarios and see, the more I feel the call to have LG self lynch was scummy, especially when I see Snowy's vote on him. I was reading day 1 as it was happening, and when I went back to read through it to take some notes and prepare for day 2 when I was able to post, that was one of the big things that really stuck out to me when I was writing my notes.

Right now, I'm really uncertain about what I want to do at this point. I think I was given an unfortunate start because of my post restriction for day 1 that immediately threw suspicion on me, and understandably so (especially now that I look more at it); I think I immediately came in on the defensive because I felt I had to, given that I was unable to post day 1 and all eyes were on me for answers. But because given how late in the day it is, I feel I have two options. The first is I allow myself to be lynched, therefore revealing my role and confirming that what I've said thus far is indeed true, but hurting town in the process because I'll be lynched for day 2, and assuming mafia kills night 2 (and I quite honestly don't see why they wouldn't), another town gets killed, therefore putting us down 4 town within 2 days/nights. My other option is for me to vote for King and tie the vote, because if I've counted correctly, there's currently 3 votes on me and 2 on King (and 1 on HD). If I vote King, it ties the votes and causes a no lynch, assuming no one else votes for either me or King from here on out. I don't feel I'll be able to sway the votes any other way at this point in the day because I think most people are asleep and won't be able to get back to the thread till after the night's already started. I've dropped what I can about my role, albeit too late for anyone to really act upon at this point, unless I just don't know y'all's time zones that well. Both options are anti-town, and I fully see that; option 1 at least gives y'all more information to work with because you can look at interactions relating to me. Option 2 lets me put my night action into use (assuming I'm not role blocked or killed or anything like that), allowing me to relay information to the town and potentially find the actual Mafia in this game, therefore giving me a chance to redeem myself for my scummy plays I've already done and clear things up.

*sigh*

God, I really hate the idea of doing this because I feel it favors me so, so much, but I feel like being down 3 town as opposed to 4 favors the town more when it comes to the numbers game; it feels so scummy, but I think it would've been that way regardless of which option I chose. If this doesn't work out how I'm hoping it does, then so be it, I accept my fate. Either way, I think we're going to get some information here, it's just a matter of how.

Vote: KingofSparta
This is mainly to tie the votes to do a no lynch for day 2, to allow myself to use my night action in an attempt to redeem myself and get more information for the town to determine who's Mafia and who's town. There's also the lack of posting and jumping on the bandwagon for day 1, but it's mainly to attempt to get a no lynch for today. I would really prefer not to vote to lynch an inactive player, but this is unfortunately the only way for me to put what I'm thinkin' into motion, self serving and anti-town as this all is.

Yeah, I am not completely okay with this lynch, but I can't deny that at this stage Felly will be a distraction even if she ends up Town.

My night action is similar to that of a Psychiatrist in normal Mafia games; that's the best way I can really describe it.

"similar" to? Why not just say straight what it is at this point?

My night action is similar to that of a Psychiatrist in normal Mafia games; that's the best way I can really describe it.
So, what I'm assuming you're saying here is that you can turn a Serial Killer into a regular townie. What you're saying is very vague and non-specific. I'm also slightly concerned about the fact that a Serial Killer literally flipped as the flavour kill at the start of the game. And like, I know it's a Bastard game, but really? Come on.
Seriously you need to explain yourself better if you want me to not want to lynch you very badly.

Also, my count puts this with Felly on 3 (Snowy, Tood, and me), and Sparta still only on 2 (Pod and Felly), which means that Felly is still the target of the lynch. Imo this is exactly that path that should be taken.

So, what I'm assuming you're saying here is that you can turn a Serial Killer into a regular townie. What you're saying is very vague and non-specific. I'm also slightly concerned about the fact that a Serial Killer literally flipped as the flavour kill at the start of the game. And like, I know it's a Bastard game, but really? Come on.
Seriously you need to explain yourself better if you want me to not want to lynch you very badly.

Oooof........

This is a really good point...

Slip...?

Also, my count puts this with Felly on 3 (Snowy, Tood, and me), and Sparta still only on 2 (Pod and Felly), which means that Felly is still the target of the lynch. Imo this is exactly that path that should be taken.

Yikes, I thought there were 4 votes with Felly in that Kender was voting her, and apparently they unvoted her, but yeah, I really don't want a No Lynch and even if Felly flips Town, we will get more information.

UNVOTE: Snowy
VOTE: Felly

Day Two End - 31/01/2020

The cells were in total disarray, not knowing who was friend and who was foe, cells began attacking each other wildly and none of them knew why.
One cell walked up to the group and apologised for their late entrance, already on edge the group found this newcomer strange and didn't want to take any chances... and so they ganged up on the lone cell.
"Y-you... fools" she spat out as she lay broken and bloodied, "I'm the enemy of the biggest threat here... them" she went to point at one of the group but collapsed before she could and she moved no more.

Day Two- Final Vote Count
Those Who Have Been Voted ForWho Voted?
Felly - 4Snowy, Tood, Lone_Garurumon, HumanDawn
HumanDawn - 1ExLight
KingofSparta39 - 2MegaPod, Felly
Didn't VoteKenderCharmeleon, CyanideCrystal, Officer Snake, KingofSparta39

Felly has been lynched!
They were Natural Killer Cell, the Town Strongman Psychiatrist!

Dear Felly,

You are Natural Killer T Cell.

KblB28Rqgus2c65h1bhSfVjtFSFKynH1DnflujupxCfR8Q5V6BU_8itNei_eZvUIPrmmFHI1_2UQuYI4wjlxcXG3yyuOKwEFwi2jG-b6LgP8JoqmbM7kuF9EKBj__uLbdPyF4ovJWHU

Danger lurks around everywhere, even when Helper T Cells don’t notice or when they blend themselves in well. It’s cases like these where the Natural Killer T cells shine: eradicating diseases even at the absence of a signal from the higher ups. Like their name, they truly are natural killers.

This particular Natural Killer T Cell is especially aggressive, not even afraid to threaten normal cells if it means getting the job done. However, she is said to be rather sarcastic with her words and fond of protecting her friends. She is particularly rivalrous with Killer T Cell, always humored when something funny happens to him.

Gmt9zW_KozzykRHihVmXqwX6RNsj_iWIWX2pN28XUneSmX58IuJBFDsCUBrZERnvopACXBiE3JqF7rU7SNG3_AzXTBXs1HD3Yeo8zYUn-xR7cLwGV1ItnieTLEXsbdY-OhCX6ROPHhg

Because you are ruthless killer who will stop at nothing to protect the body from invaders, you are a Strongman Psychiatrist and will be looking for a Cancer Cell who is corrupting other cells. Each night, excluding the first, you may visit a player, if that player is the Cancer Cell or corrupted by the Cancer Cell then you will kill that player, if they're not, you won't affect them. You do this by using Patrol Near: [PLAYER] in your Role PM during the night phase. If an Insane player is protected, you will bypass its effect and kill the player regardless, this includes the Cancer Cell.

You are under a complete Post Restriction Commute during Day One and Night One as you are still adjusting to the blood transfusion and don’t detect the Cancer Cell until Day Two, you cannot post in the thread other than to confirm until Day Two begins, this includes voting and using reactions. As part of this effect however, you are also immune to all actions made against you during this time, including votes.

You are Town and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

It is now Night Two, the phase will end in 24 hours at 10pm AEST on the 1st of February.
You may now use your night actions.

Back
Top Bottom