• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cells at Work Mafia - Endgame (09/02/2020)

Unvote: HumanDawn

As of now, I'd like to hear some kind of reply from Felly before I decide to hop on any kind of bandwagon. However, I do agree that a -1 vote count ability seems more mafia- rather than town-ish, so if Felly doesn't say anything, I'm fine with lynching her for that reason.

The host told you that you have to wait until the end of the phase to get an updated vote count, why are you requesting another vote on Felly when they haven't yet given an explanation? What is so problematic about this situation that you'd "really like to solve ... sooner rather than later"?
It's not problematic so much as an anomaly. It's easy enough to have a simple two votes on them to test how things are working with them, especially one Day 1, when pretty much all we're doing is running on smaller things. I suppose I should clarify that my intention is absolutely not to lynch Felly, they've given me no reason to do so. I just want to know exactly what's going on to better inform my opinions. And yes, we could just have Felly answer themselves, but why take someone on their word when it's so easy to test practically?
On my limited experience, each time we lynched someone day 1, we ended up lynching town people. Also, if we presume Felly have a -1 on her vote count, wouldn't make more sense as a Mafia power, even if very suspicious?

So maybe, what we can do is :
Two people votes for Felly, no need to change anything right now.
LG votes for himself.

If Felly have a -1 : there is no one lynched.
If LG vote doesn't count : well, just too bad, Felly our first lynch, and we hope she was Mafia.

Also, just to be sure, someone else should have a vote.
Yes, D1 lynches tend to be town more often than not, I won't lie. But it's also the only real way we can get any kind of information to solve the game. No-lynching only serves to give mafia the first move. Games are balanced to allow for a couple of mistakes. If the first death is from the mafia, we have nothing to work from. There's nothing to look back on. But if the first kill comes from the votes, well then we have something to work off of. Who did the votes comes from? When? Why? Regardless of who we wind up lynching, it's always better to have something to work off of in the D1 results than to have nothing.
Anyway, yes we absolutely should have a lynch this day phase and it shouldn't be Felly.
Also: A -1 vote? More likely a town ability than mafia. As for why, see the bottom of the post, I wrote this thing in a weird order.

Unvote
Vote : Felly

to make sure if it is some weird interaction between both of them

would you mind selfvoting, @Lone_Garurumon?
We could check the possibility of you being voteless too

I agree with this
Well let's not forget though that the 0 vote might be explained by LG not being able to vote. But not having any other clue, and, if everybody want to lynch someone on Day 1, I would go with lynching Felly right now unless we get more info that pointing in another direction.

Vote : Felly
I can guarantee you that it's nothing to do with me (unless Zinn is lying to me, it is a bastard game, after all), but the easiest way to prove that is to put my money where my mouth is, so,
Unvote
Vote: Lone_Garurumon

Unvote: HumanDawn

As of now, I'd like to hear some kind of reply from Felly before I decide to hop on any kind of bandwagon. However, I do agree that a -1 vote count ability seems more mafia- rather than town-ish, so if Felly doesn't say anything, I'm fine with lynching her for that reason.
Actually it's considerably more likely to be a town ability than Mafia. A mafia player with a -1 vote modifier is obscenely powerful, as it basically gives the mafia two players for the price of one, shifting parity one player closer. The second possibility is probably the only one I'd be concerned about. Not being able to be voted for at all is so super powerful that I could only see it being limited in some way, only lasting one or two phases at most. That's the role with the possibility to be mafia.

on mobile so unvote: cyanidecrystal VOTE: Felly i feel like this is the safest bet *wink*

Actually it's considerably more likely to be a town ability than Mafia. A mafia player with a -1 vote modifier is obscenely powerful, as it basically gives the mafia two players for the price of one, shifting parity one player closer. The second possibility is probably the only one I'd be concerned about. Not being able to be voted for at all is so super powerful that I could only see it being limited in some way, only lasting one or two phases at most. That's the role with the possibility to be mafia.
Hard disagree, 1x Lynchproofs are more likely to be Mafia and Town has less of a benefit for such a role with so many members. The game is bastard, so this could be the host’s idea of being a bastard to the Town. Could be Independent related too.

Hard disagree, 1x Lynchproofs are more likely to be Mafia and Town has less of a benefit for such a role with so many members. The game is bastard, so this could be the host’s idea of being a bastard to the Town. Could be Independent related too.
That's... What I said? The -1 vote modifier isn't concerning, but the vote negating power is the one with potential for trouble.

Also holy shit Snowy's vote's still on me. I ain't takin' that chance.

Unvote

I'll prove my vote has power in tomorrow's mid-phase. I ain't takin' the chance of having 2 votes while Felly might have 0.

Day One End - 28/01/2020

Day One - Final Vote Count
Those Who Have Been Voted ForWho Voted?
Lone_Garurumon - 1Snowy
Felly - 0CyanideCrystal, KingofSparta39, KenderCharmeleon, Human Dawn
Didn't VoteExLight, TheMalevolentOne, Officer Snake, MegaPod, Lone_Garurumon, Felly, Tood, CrystalOnix

Lone_Garurumon has been lynched!
They were White Blood Cell, the Town Bodyguard!

Dear Lone_Garurumon,

You are White Blood Cell.

iiZB59t2yeKYzr8GPcp65m2UMLxI7RxG0AtRG9p8ZTq8BLcvm9egsg4wpm-uvdWOcQegiUrkb39kAiV0DgtQrCYUbn0GI9MlORH8j37arUvsC8855evYAhRAEl__C0D71fK9bQNGEQs

Also known as the guardians of the body, white blood cells are the defenders of the other cells when infectious diseases and foreign cells enter the body. Massive in number, they will always rush immediately to eliminate the threats as quick as possible.

This specific White Blood Cell is a Neutrophil: a type of White Blood Cell that are the first responders to an invasion. Like most others of his kind, he is quick to finish his job: ruthlessly eliminating the threats before they do more harm. However, he does have a soft side and is rather empathetic. This part, however, is rather difficult to believe when he is covered in blood though.

3_4mP8zioWxnudwNKzSrGaPN36N3OjpD4g11tVYGxV4ykMdemf_EdFooqCbNj3KEiXWl2rZeD6wYDMO6ZM35RvFolgLiiNukFmhLx6Xl_-BuCXSK4rJP262dCygPgw9XwVWKIFD1NEs

Because you protect the other cells from germs and foreign invaders that threaten harm, you are a Bodyguard and will take the place of another player you visit if they are night killed using your Night Action when you say Protect: [Player] during the Night Phase in your Role PM.

You are Town and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

It is now Night One, the phase will end in 23 hours and 45 minutes at 10pm AEST on the 29th of Jan.
You may now use your night actions.

Last edited:
Hindsight 101: If I kept my hard-locked vote, this wouldn’t have happened.

What does that mean?

Finger of suspicion.

MegaPod posted a suspicion but ended the day without a vote. He posted a concern, to which I answered, and he didn’t act.

Wow, no wonder Felly didn't come to defend herself. She didn't need to. I feel bad for LG.

this is mega anti-town btw, if you have a role like that, you would tell the Town more about it instead of wasting a day on yourself

i feel like this goes without saying, but Felly should be the first choice to be vigilante killed, especially when we still don’t have an explanation of their role alongside her anti-town behavior

Since we have a few newer players in this game I should let you know that you can change your mind about your night actions anytime before the end of the night phase. So if you're worried about it getting locked in place, you don't have to, so you can flip flop all night.
I will consider the last action submitted at the end of phase to be your final answer.

Back
Top Bottom