• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cells at Work Mafia - Endgame (09/02/2020)

So why were some suggesting before that he should vote for himself?
because we wanted to know if he was voteless or if felly was unvotable/-1 votes
by voting himself we should be able to see a 1 or 0 votes on himself by the next votecount

We wanted to determine if Felly had an ability to hinder the vote, or if LG just have no vote power, since it's a Bastard game all and all. When LG noticed though he could be lynched because Snowy didn't retract their vote, LG aborted. I think nobody, well at least, for the one who didn' t know lol, that Felly's ability would prevent lynching all in all that turn.

So first off I'm gonna say that I don't really blame HD for my lynch. To be honest it was more my own fault than anything. I didn't keep track of the votes properly and thought there were votes on other people. I thought we'd get, at worst, a no-lynch if I didn't find someone I actually wanted to vote for and get back in time.

Can somebody tell me more about ExLight as a player? Is how they reply and answer normal here?
me me me
I can

I'm usually universally scumread due to unorthodox positions on some stuff, I'm high activity, super paranoid, and I either burn out or panic easily.

I don't have a definitive meta because I like trying different approaches, but apparently I OMGUS and tinfoil a lot.
I used to lie a lot as town, but I've been trying to redeem myself lately and being completely honest unless it's completely necessary to.

I either get lynched D1 25% of the time or get night killed around N3.

uh that's it
Pretty much this. He's not exactly conventional and tends to pull shenanigans. Tends to make him hard to get any solid read on because his natural actions tend to cause a scumlean from most people out of reflex.

because we wanted to know if he was voteless or if felly was unvotable/-1 votes
by voting himself we should be able to see a 1 or 0 votes on himself by the next votecount
To be fair, that only needed two people at most, the other two were overkill if solving the vote number question was the only goal here, so I'm willing to bet at least one or two of them were actually gunning for a lynch.

Vote: @KingofSparta39
You made one vote with barely any justification, when the main plan at that point was two votes tops to see what the deal was. What thoughts do you have on the state of the game as it stands right now?

Another player worth looking at is MegaPod, mainly for the reason HD gave. He claimed to have suspicions, but never really did anything.

Hey yooooo, as promised, I'm here to spill some beans and share some tea.

I want to start with sharing why I was unable to post day one (and night one, though admittedly, I'm not really used to a game where posting at night is allowed anyways). It wasn't because I was busy; I was actually very much reading the thread as stuff was happening, and there was a very strong desire to at least react to things. Unfortunately, my role came with a day one and night one restriction in which I was unable to post or react in the thread; up until now, I was only able to confirm my role. I was unable to react to posts or reply to anything in the thread; all I was allowed to do was comment on the game in my role PM with Zinn and the other hosts/mods of the game. With this restriction came an immunity to any votes placed against me for a lynch on day 1, hence why LG's initial vote against me was reflected as 0 in the mid-day vote and why the end of day 1 vote also reflected 0. It also came with immunity towards any night actions done towards me on the first night, which is why Kender's attempt to kill me night 1 failed as well. I am town, and believe me, if I could have posted day 1, I would have. The timing of day/night phases starting and ending doesn't align too well with my personal schedule, but not being able to post for a day at all really hurt things imo, and I wish I could've said something to steer things in a different direction and not waste a whole day on determining my role. It's an unfortunate situation, especially with having lost two other town already, but I'm here now.

So the big things that really stuck out to me from day 1 are the bandwagoning on me, HumanDawn's lynch vote on Kender when everyone else was joking, and suggesting LG vote to lynch himself to see if there was some weird interaction between him and me. I don't want to focus too much on the bandwagoning right now though. Do I think that 4 votes on me was a little unnecessary? Yes, especially when it was determined that only two were needed to see if it was just a -1 vote or not. However, given that nothing happened to me, I'm willing to look past it for now. Don't get me wrong, I'll be keeping an eye out for bandwagoning, but I'm not gonna waste much time on it right now when no townies were killed as a result of it. As for HD, I'm honestly a little on the fence about them at the moment. The initial Kender vote and suggesting I be vigilante killed on night 1 despite not knowing the specifics of my role really stuck out to me as suspicious, but they also did point out CyanideCrystal's contradictory information from post #72, so I don't want to make any good or bad calls when I'm on the fence about it at the moment.

As for suggesting LG to vote lynch himself, that seems very suspicious to me; I personally feel it would've been better to wait and focus on me and let it effectively be a wasted day rather than suggesting LG vote to lynch himself and take that risk that if there was more to my role than just a -1 vote, he would've been the unfortunate one to be killed off. Of course, I understand that LG would've unfortunately died anyways under the circumstances since Snowy was unable to change their vote in time, but still. I get that it's anti-town to suggest even focusing so much on me and letting it be a wasted day, but I think it would've been better than taking the risk of trying to figure out if there was some weird interaction between me and LG or figuring out if it was some kind of -1 vote. At least then, there would've been a chance for me to explain myself and potentially avoid a possible town being killed off. I don't want to focus too much on "what if" scenarios, but I did want to share that I did find that suspicious.

At this point, I agree with others in that we haven't heard too much from King and MegaPod. King is one I was already looking at for jumping on the Felly Train during day 1, especially since not much other explanation was given other than it was because of the vote mystery; it just felt very bandwagon-y to me. I don't want to vote to lynch just yet because I don't want to waste a lynch on an inactive player, especially when we've already lost two town as it is, but I do find the silence suspicious. This is a bastard game, as others have pointed out, so maybe there's just some weird thing going on with his role, but those are the two I'd like to hear from the most right now.

I'll be back with another post a little later before I go to bed tonight; I admittedly haven't read too much into day 2 (but I appreciate y'all's Lapras reacts!!) because I've been at work and wanted to get this post out since I feel it was important to the direction of the rest of the day, but once I've meal prepped my lunch for the rest of the week and get some other stuff done, I'll be back!!

Also, because I missed the round of joke votes day 1 and I want in on the party, Vote: ZinnLav for not being able to calendar.

Back again! My internet decided to go out tonight, so I'm running off of my phone's data as a hotspot so I can get another post out (without it being a literal pain in the ass because that's what lengthy posts on mobile are). As a heads up, I do work tomorrow night as well, so you'll have to forgive me if you wanna talk to me and I don't respond until late at night; I promise it's not intentional, but ya girl gotta make money to pay Uber drivers that get lost.

Now onto the substance.

To be fair, that only needed two people at most, the other two were overkill if solving the vote number question was the only goal here, so I'm willing to bet at least one or two of them were actually gunning for a lynch.

This is a pretty solid point. Of those that voted for me, it was CyanideCrystal, KingofSparta39, KenderCharmeleon, and HumanDawn.

• King hasn't been terribly active, and I quite honestly don't want to waste a lynch vote on someone who is currently inactive; been there, done that, didn't work well for town. Maybe he's town, maybe he isn't, but with not too terribly much to work off of, I'd prefer to err on the side of caution here and not mess with him too much until he speaks up more and gives us more to work with. Personally, one post that felt like it was jumping on the bandwagon to me isn't enough to throw a lynch out there just yet, especially when the possibility of being modkilled for inactivity may be looming on the horizon.
• CyanideCrystal was initially the third to vote for me before ExLight dropped his vote. They also agreed on the self vote on LG, which I didn't quite agree with in the first place on the basis that I think it was a little unnecessary since at the time, we didn't know what my role was, and worst case scenario, I fail to show up for day 2 as well and I'm modkilled for inactivity. There was also the contradictory information in post #72, as HD pointed out in post #73; it was discussed and explained later in post #79, but I dunno. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding of the pace of the game, like what I'm reading in #79, maybe that's just a cover up for the vote, I dunno. What I do know is seeing something as the safe bet and being unsure of the plan seem like contradictory statements to me; I'm not gonna ask for further explanation on it since we already have it, but I'm still a little on the fence about it all.
• Kender's already outed himself as the vigilante, so at least for the time being, I'm gonna believe him on that. Other than jumping on the Felly Train, I haven't really seen any other suspicious behavior.
• HumanDawn came in strong with the hard locked vote on Kender that ultimately changed to me, and then during the night phase suggests that the vigilante (assuming we had one) should go for me and kill me.

HumanDawn said:
this is mega anti-town btw, if you have a role like that, you would tell the Town more about it instead of wasting a day on yourself

i feel like this goes without saying, but Felly should be the first choice to be vigilante killed, especially when we still don’t have an explanation of their role alongside her anti-town behavior

I'm not gonna disagree that my behavior day 1 was anti-town because I know full well that it was, but as I stated in my other post, I was on a post restricted commute and could not post in the thread due to my role. As much as I would have liked to post, I couldn't. I've explained myself in my other post though, so I won't do it again.

Jumping to say that I should be vigilante killed due to my anti-town behavior and the lack of explanation on my role seems very suspicious to me. I know Kender said he would've done it regardless because he felt it was the right thing to do, but I think that's a bold thing to say, especially, as you say yourself, when we still didn't have an explanation of the role. I don't feel the call to be vigilante shot was necessary. Yes, my behavior was anti-town, but in a bastard game like this, I feel jumping to conclusions like that is jumping the gun just a little bit. Maybe it's just me, but if I was in y'all's shoes, yes, I would've pointed out the anti-town behavior, but I think I probably would've also suggested to wait and see what happens day 2 with whoever was in my shoes before we jumped to any sort of further lynch voting or telling vigilantes to shoot, to at least see if maybe it was just an inactive player or if there was some weird funky thing going on with the role. If it was an inactive player, they would've been modkilled anyways. If it was some weird funky thing going on with the role (as was the case here), hopefully the person would've gave the information the people wanted, and we'd have more to work with to truly decide if that person was town or mafia.

You do go on later to say that I should be ignored after Kender and Mal (now LG) vote to lynch me because you remembered a similar role from another game where the person couldn't be killed until the end of N2. For what it's worth, and I know I'm throwing a big ol' target on my back now (hi mafia), it was a one phase restriction, and I'm here for the long haul now. If I'm voted to be lynched again today, I will die, and it will be another loss for the town. Maybe you remembered this after the start of D2 having seen what happened, but if I should be ignored now, after I've been protected from being lynched and killed by the vig, why not ignore me night 1? Why suggest that I be killed for anti-town behavior and a lack of explanation on my role? Why not just wait and see what happened come day 2? Sure, the vig could've chose to ignore your suggestion, but the suggestion is still there regardless. It being acted on is a different story.

Of everyone that voted for me and just in general, HD does seem the most suspicious right now, at least to me. I'm gonna go ahead and Unvote: ZinnLav (not that it was ever a real vote in the first place lmao, imagine lynching the host, but for the sake of being ~ formal ~) and Vote: HumanDawn, for saying that I should be vig killed for anti-town behavior and a lack of explanation on my role, in addition to being contradictory about not ignoring me N1 and ignoring me come D2. I may change later, depending on how the rest of the day goes, but for now, at least for the midday votes, I'm gonna keep locked on HD.

I'm not gonna disagree that my behavior day 1 was anti-town because I know full well that it was, but as I stated in my other post, I was on a post restricted commute and could not post in the thread due to my role. As much as I would have liked to post, I couldn't. I've explained myself in my other post though, so I won't do it again.

Jumping to say that I should be vigilante killed due to my anti-town behavior and the lack of explanation on my role seems very suspicious to me.

And I am never going to regret it.

I know Kender said he would've done it regardless because he felt it was the right thing to do, but I think that's a bold thing to say, especially, as you say yourself, when we still didn't have an explanation of the role. I don't feel the call to be vigilante shot was necessary. Yes, my behavior was anti-town, but in a bastard game like this, I feel jumping to conclusions like that is jumping the gun just a little bit.

Hey, I recall saying that the lack of explanation from you was an especially damning reason. I made an emphasis that it was especially because of that. Mind, one of the reasons why I called it was to try to get a reaction from you so we could get an explanation. The reason why it's a bastard game gives it more reason, because lord knows what else your role has. Besides, how would anyone think that your role was specifically immunity and silence for D1 & N1? Tood did after N1. I have played many games and bastard ones, I can't go to that conclusion every time somebody is inactive and can't get votes.

Maybe it's just me, but if I was in y'all's shoes, yes, I would've pointed out the anti-town behavior, but I think I probably would've also suggested to wait and see what happens day 2 with whoever was in my shoes before we jumped to any sort of further lynch voting or telling vigilantes to shoot, to at least see if maybe it was just an inactive player or if there was some weird funky thing going on with the role. If it was an inactive player, they would've been modkilled anyways. If it was some weird funky thing going on with the role (as was the case here), hopefully the person would've gave the information the people wanted, and we'd have more to work with to truly decide if that person was town or mafia.

It... is just you, because nobody went against what I said N1, yet you want to blame me? I am the most active player in this game, and that makes me the easiest to point fingers to. It's not fair when I don't believe I have done anything wrong, and most of what you can pin down on me is based purely on role ignorance. Also, it's not fair to expect so much from other players to know the specifics of your role and blame them for being paranoid about such a powerful role. I think I may as well just twiddle my thumbs and let the Town do whatever like so many other players here. But no, wait, then that would mean I am conspiring a plan to get all Townies mislynched. Damned if you, damned if you don't.

You do go on later to say that I should be ignored after Kender and Mal (now LG) vote to lynch me because you remembered a similar role from another game where the person couldn't be killed until the end of N2. For what it's worth, and I know I'm throwing a big ol' target on my back now (hi mafia), it was a one phase restriction, and I'm here for the long haul now. If I'm voted to be lynched again today, I will die, and it will be another loss for the town. Maybe you remembered this after the start of D2 having seen what happened, but if I should be ignored now, after I've been protected from being lynched and killed by the vig, why not ignore me night 1? Why suggest that I be killed for anti-town behavior and a lack of explanation on my role? Why not just wait and see what happened come day 2? Sure, the vig could've chose to ignore your suggestion, but the suggestion is still there regardless. It being acted on is a different story.

I only said I remember the person couldn't be killed, but I don't remember their alignment, though I think they could have spoken, unlike you. I didn't expect or think of a combination until after you were attempted to be vigilante shot. At D2 I thought you were Mafia or Independent who had some PR and were deliberately choosing not to speak, but that's not the case any more.

Of everyone that voted for me and just in general, HD does seem the most suspicious right now, at least to me. I'm gonna go ahead and Unvote: ZinnLav (not that it was ever a real vote in the first place lmao, imagine lynching the host, but for the sake of being ~ formal ~) and Vote: HumanDawn, for saying that I should be vig killed for anti-town behavior and a lack of explanation on my role, in addition to being contradictory about not ignoring me N1 and ignoring me come D2. I may change later, depending on how the rest of the day goes, but for now, at least for the midday votes, I'm gonna keep locked on HD.

Contradictory for... not knowing the exact specifics of your role and acting optimally? If you honestly expected to be ignored N1 after you saying nothing of your role led to Lone_Garurumon's mislynch, then I don't know what you expected. We tried killing you twice, and you expected me to try to kill you a third time when I said I thought you could have had a role that prevented you dying until N2? Which I only could have logically considered after you couldn't be killed N1? I even said to leave a vote on you to see if your role still works. It would be anti-Town of me to continue focusing attention on purely one player throughout the whole game.

Heyyy, everyone, sorry for my absence everybody. I had to do house cleaning the last couple of days and couldn’t spend much time on here. I’ll try to get some thoughts of mine put out here now.

Firstly, I found HD’s response to my question passable. As in I could see it as a true explanation, but there’s still the possibility that he meant to overlook KingofSparta for scumbud reasons, so I couldn’t be too sure. And like Crystal Onix voices on N1, I at first thought your vote flip to Felly after your criticism of CyanideCrystal suspicious; however, upon further inspection, this seems to be justified by you well enough after all, so I’m not convinced you’re Mafia...quite yet. The fact that CO died after voicing suspicion on you makes me a little paranoid, but it could also be attempted framing by the Mafia or just coincidence, so that’s nothing concrete against you obviously.

As for Felly, I can totally believe her role (as far as she revealed) could be either Town or Mafia, so I’m not gonna be gunning for her just yet either.

CyanideCrystal is looking somewhat better to me today, so I’ll be hopping on the Sparta wagon for his own D1 wagoning. Not to mention if he flips scum, that’s more reason to be wary of HD. :p

Vote: KingofSparta

Speaking of HumanDawn again, I caught an interesting claim by ExLight about HD’s motives:
the only thing that struck me as weird was HD moving his vote, which made it impossible for LG to shift the lynch to someone else after Unvoting himself.
I mean, I think this was already argued about anyways, but this seems like faulty reasoning, whether or not Felly’s D1 Lynchproofness was taken into account.

Mobile right now since I can't sleep apparently, so it's gonna be a short one, but Unvote: HumanDawn. I can agree with the reasoning, and I'm not gonna waste time on focusing on myself and actions that have been justified when there's bigger fish to fry.

Also, for those of you voting for King, are these pressure votes to get him to talk or are you actually hoping to get him lynched today? I see your reasonings of he bandwagoned day 1, and he's been pretty silent overall (only one post all game that I can remember), and I agree with those 100%. To me right now, if anything, he seems like an inactive player, or maybe a new one that doesn't quite know what to do. It's anti-town behavior for sure, and I know votes can still change, but I just really want to stress the importance of not wasting a lynch on an inactive player, especially when we've already lost two town, which is my big concern here. I would rather wait to see if he gets modkilled for inactivity than waste a lynch on him, so I guess me asking y'all for your mindsets on lynching him is just me trying to get into your minds a little more, especially since I've never really played a game on BMGf before. By all means, let's pressure him to talk though. Here, I'll even practice what I preach: @KingofSparta39, what are your thoughts on the game so far? Do you have any insight for us? Come help us out, bro. I don't really want to jump on any sort of bandwagon to lynch ya until I hear more from ya.

Also also, I'm relatively new around these parts, so I don't know all y'all's lingo, but what does OMGUS mean?

Day Two Midday Vote Count - 30/01/2020

Day Two - Midday Vote Count
Those Who Have Been Voted ForWho Voted?
MegaPod - 1HumanDawn
Felly - 1KenderCharmeleon
Lone_Garurumon (Formerly TheMalevolentOne) - 1CyanideCrystal
HumanDawn - 1ExLight
KingofSparta - 2Lone_Garurumon (Formerly Mal), MegaPod
Didn't VoteOfficer Snake, Snowy, Felly, Tood, KingofSparta39
Mal had a vote on Felly and Lone never unvoted when he changed to KingofSparta but I'm going to allow it anyway since he subbed in and might've missed it.

Also please make sure votes are on a separate line, it makes me job easier, got confused when Felly unvoted and I missed the original vote.

Day Two will end in 24 hours, the 31st of January at 10pm AEST.

Back
Top Bottom