• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cells at Work Mafia - Endgame (09/02/2020)

Day Five End - 08/02/2020

omg I'm so sorry, I lost track of time.

It was down to the final showdown, the cells fought their best and managed to deal a striking blow to the invading bacteria, maybe it was enough to save them after all?

Day Five - Final Vote Count
Those Who Have Been Voted ForWho Voted?
Midorikawa - 4Tood, ExLight, HumanDawn, CyanideCrystal
ExLight - 1Midorikawa
Didn't Vote

Midorikawa has been lynched!
They were Bacillus Cereus, the Mafia Spy & 1x Bulletproof!

Dear KingofSparta39 Midorikawa,

You are Bacillus Cereus.

Dxut_FPFZuvtJVEuxy_Smyv_6t43TaaOFDQxsbHfM1zyfsphLYPbfev7UE-sxMI7oFIw3CgE-yM98opmh4nYFgj8xkK0Igo484bWRRpToTLrUZvyFCX1ef-o9U2rC9MXhlvTf8wGZho

A bacteria that is commonly found in soil and food, bacillus cereus is notorious for causing common conditions such as nausea and eye infections. It is notorious for causing “fried rice syndrome,” as they can be easily contracted from fried rice sitting too long at room temperature.

This particular one is aggressive, not hesitant to utilise its tentacles and extreme speed to attack at enemies at very fast speeds. Despite its offensive capability, it uses its cell capsule to protect itself from threats, even using it to hide and spy! What a formidable bacteria indeed.

yVsNqROZYaSdcYnUPuW50bxHEVSz3_rFYbGzqwpLf48o4YJjDTuIB93W0DS8cIPyTT_PEnlrL1IED8WNkEXupN8yZ1pk_V36C7TcMJ_b2t1QoKwUM9gpn3_aNAq8nyOElIbM2lofk58

Because of of your abilities to sneak in unnoticed, you are a Spy and will receive snippets of any OC chats with any names redacted each day in your Role PM, these chats will have taken place the day prior. As a resistant bacteria you are also 1x Bulletproof.

Your fellow Mafia [REDACTED], and you share the responsibility of killing players at night, use Kill: [Player] in the Mafia Chat to do so.

You are Mafia and win when all threats to you have been wiped out.

This will be the final phase!
As soon as all the actions are submitted Night Five will end and I will reveal the results.
(or in 24 hours if no actions are submitted)
Make sure you're confident in your choice, you won't be able to change it!

2 Mafia with 1x Bulletproof? Seriously?
Come on...

No Roleblocker killed though, that’s going to be problematic. Good game in that case, ExLight.

Oof, not the roleblocker. At least I will live, but that's still a loss or a draw for me at this point if they have any shots left. Gg.

Ehh, I really didn’t want it to end this way. I should have been more careful Day 4 or stuck to my vote hoping for a vote change.

wtf do you mean by this "will" be the last phase, Zinn

we need the day phase to occur in all scenarios to decide who will be the winner

btw ayy
feeling a lot better today
I see Mido got lynched, what a pain

Yea, I was the one roleblocking around and the last scum
I'll fully claim later if yall still want to keep the game going tonight, but I'm still up for a draw, the game will end in one anyway and I know it.

Some people said that a draw "is the same as a loss" or an "unsatisying conclusion" and I fully disagree; a Draw is its own thing, and should be treated as such. If anything a draw accepted by the players is recognizing everyone efforted equally and should deserve the same outcome.

Everyone gave their fullest this game and yet it all might've been in vain. Noone here wants to lose, and I don't see how any side can win unless one helps the other one by giving up their wincon; a draw is just a scenario where everyone does that and I feel like it's a fitting end for this game.

I'll fully claim later if yall still want to keep the game going tonight
Actually, might as well be honest and fully claim now

First of all, all mafia members have 1x Bulletproof and our kills are automatically Strongman kills, which means they cannot be redirected or stopped.

I'm the 2x Roleblocker and 1x "Poisoner"
Mal gave oxygen to me N1 and I became a 3x Roleblocker and 1x "Poisoner" (It's not a traditional poison, instead it only triggers when I'm killed, which is a fucking pain because if only one person had voted me yesterday we'd've been able to turn me into the lynch wagon and win. That's also why I thought Cyanide was fearmongering us by saying that everyone he insanified would die if we killed him)

=====

The Mafia Night actions were the following:

N1:
ExLight kills Crystal Onix
KingOfSparta doesn't get any results
AussieEevee doesn't do a thing so

We thought CO was a power role keeping it low, when he posted in-thread at EoD we kinda knew for sure, so yea, good night kill

N2:
ExLight Roleblocks HumanDawn
KingOfSparta kills Officer Snake

We didn't want anyone to get modkilled due to inactivity so we went after OS, ayy
Kinda regret it gamewise, but eh, anything to help a host out

N3:
ExLight poisons CyanideCrystal

So, we poisoned CC with my thingie, that's why there was no mafia kill or roleblocking, lol.
Kender ended up Doctoring KoS, so we thought the only killing role around was Megapod, so I safely assumed we could shove the blame of the night kill into him.

N4:
ExLight Roleblocks CyanideCrystal
Midorikawa (KoS) kills Kender

So, at this point we had to know how to stop the indept without killing them, so we had to disrupt him and kill an insanified person.
We thought HumanDawn had bulletproof, so we went for Kender instead. We intended to lynch CC in the morning, that's why Mido fake claimed indept.
I feel like we should've worked on the claim a bit better instead of winging it, but oh well.

N5:
As it is right now, I have 1x Roleblocker and I can kill anyone. I'm still trying to figure out a scenario where I can win tonight in case everyone refuses the draw proposal, since I feel like it's possible due to Zinn's wording, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure out in time since I'm going to be pretty busy today.

=====

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me

Wow, so protection was useless the entire time? That's bastard as fuck. Are you sure? Since you never killed a protected person and it's not mentioned in any of the role PMs it makes me anxious.

So right now you can either roleblock or kill? I'm still curious if the Insanity thingie would make a mafia person unable to perform a kill at all. Snowy never killed anyone and they were insane since N1.

@ExLight

I am glad you are feeling better! Just remember that most things in life pass, and there is always a way for things to get better or worse. That means, that no matter the situation, there is still that chance of things getting better.

What the ****? So basically, all Town roles could do was Vigilante kill other Town or not, while Town only had one information role, and all their protection was worthless against Mafia? I find that REALLY hard to believe.

Regarding the poison, good thing we lynched Midorikawa instead of you then, yikes.

Wow, so protection was useless the entire time? That's bastard as fuck. Are you sure? Since you never killed a protected person and it's not mentioned in any of the role PMs it makes me anxious.

So right now you can either roleblock or kill? I'm still curious if the Insanity thingie would make a mafia person unable to perform a kill at all. Snowy never killed anyone and they were insane since N1.

If you die, can you still win if the cancer cells are still alive at the end?

Keep in mind that Exlight could still be lying about the Strongman Nightkills so he can win. There is no mention of any strongman kills in the Mafia Role PM.

Yea, the insane amount of Town protection was mostly to prevent them from hitting each other I'd assume, and it was mentioned apart since it was a shared ability. Us never killing a protected person is just an unfortunate coincidence, we never really picked obvious targets because we were afraid of stuff like Watchers; once we noticed there weren't any I fake claimed investigative JOAT.

I don't think it would stop a night kill, and we'll have to ask the host after the game ends. I'm not going to let you insanify me tonight if we don't agree on a draw, so you won't find out lol.

What the ****? So basically, all Town roles could do was Vigilante kill other Town or not, while Town only had one information role, and all their protection was worthless against Mafia? I find that REALLY hard to believe.
well, I also found hard to believe town had like 7 kill/protection roles lmfao
but oh well

Keep in mind that Exlight could still be lying about the Strongman Nightkills so he can win. There is no mention of any strongman kills in the Mafia Role PM.
I don't see why I'd lie about this
and I don't think I can win, that's why I'm asking if everyone wants a draw

If you die, can you still win if the cancer cells are still alive at the end?

Yeah, I know Ex could be lying, it seems a little impossible that they have that much power.

No, I have to be alive to win. Cancer Cells will die with me, as I said.

Yea, I was the one roleblocking around and the last scum
I'll fully claim later if yall still want to keep the game going tonight, but I'm still up for a draw, the game will end in one anyway and I know it.

Some people said that a draw "is the same as a loss" or an "unsatisying conclusion" and I fully disagree; a Draw is its own thing, and should be treated as such. If anything a draw accepted by the players is recognizing everyone efforted equally and should deserve the same outcome.

Everyone gave their fullest this game and yet it all might've been in vain. Noone here wants to lose, and I don't see how any side can win unless one helps the other one by giving up their wincon; a draw is just a scenario where everyone does that and I feel like it's a fitting end for this game.

A game with a draw is more forgettable than a game with a win or loss. Though, the journey matters more, but the journey ending with a draw is just not a satisfying conclusion.

I don't want to lose, but I would rather lose with somebody winning than preventing somebody's victory.

A game with a draw is more forgettable than a game with a win or loss. Though, the journey matters more, but the journey ending with a draw is just not a satisfying conclusion.
it really isn't imo
The Division Mafia was one of the most if not the most remarkable game I ever played and it also ended up with a three-way-draw between Indept, Mafia, and Town. And if this journey wasn't thrilling enough for you, damn son, what kind of games have you been playing

to be fair, Felly's Role would only hit insanified+Cy, and Mega could charge his shot to almost always not hurt town

There's nothing fair about that. MegaPod's shot was 75% to kill somebody. That's 4 vigilante roles which could kill other Town but can't kill Mafia at all. If we got more shots with the the Insanifier on a Doctor, none of it would have mattered.

But if ExLight can strongman kill me, then there will be a draw either way, just between Tood and ExLight. Although they just said they will roleblock instead.

But if ExLight can strongman kill me, then there will be a draw either way, just between Tood and ExLight. Although they just said they will roleblock instead.
oooh

that would be a win for me actually because parity means I win
nice

and I'd have to roleblock + kill you, otherwise you'd just insanify me and take me with you

Back
Top Bottom