• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Chances of Z being released

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanWheeler

Reaction score
Now that Sun and Moon has been announced, hopes of Pokémon Z have diminished. However, Sun and Moon would be released in Winter, and we're in Spring. So what if Z comes out this Summer and it doesn't get announced until closer to release?

Won't happen. There's no point to it, and if something was going to be released in summer then they would have already announced it awhile ago. Surprise releases seldom ever do well unless they're exclusively digital. I'm afraid it's too late for a Z version now.

Besides, summer is not a good season for new video game releases whatsoever. The hyped and popular games are always saved for the holiday season. To release a main series Pokemon game in summer would be a poor move.

As much as I hate to admit it, Z has been quashed.

Why would they bother to release Z at this point? If they were going to do it, they would have done it before Sun/Moon were announced instead of taking a year break to I assume work more on the seventh generation. It wouldn't make any sense to release Z after Sun/Moon other than to satisfy the fans who were so determined that the game was going to happen, which probably isn't as huge of a number as people would like to think. Traditional third version games are most likely not going to come back, as they're really outdated, so there's no chance that Z was ever going to actually happen.

Why would they announce Z if Sun and Moon were announced? It makes no sense to announce a gen 6 game after announcing two new gen 7 games. They never go back to the previous generation after announcing new gen games. I have accepted that Z isn't happening. As long as Zygarde has post game in Sun and Moon, then we don't need a Z version.

Chances are lower than the amount of intelligence in the YouTube comment section.
Aka very low if not zero.
Would add something here but everyone else hit the nail on the head, there is no reason to go back to Gen 6 now that Gen 7 is coming.

Its not gonna happen, but they have to do SOMETHING with Zygarde and its forms.
One idea that I've seen floating around is for Kalos to be featured in the post-game.
I'm not certain of everyone's feelings on this but I'm of the opinion that it's preferable to having Zygarde randomly show up in SuMo's new region. Mainly because of how it's so closely linked to the Kalos region through monitoring its ecosystem.

One idea that I've seen floating around is for Kalos to be featured in the post-game.
I'm not certain of everyone's feelings on this but I'm of the opinion that it's preferable to having Zygarde randomly show up in SuMo's new region.
Masuda has already explicitly stated that there will be no more post-game regions. I'd rather we not have another trimmed down region anyway.

Masuda has already explicitly stated that there will be no more post-game regions. I'd rather we not have another trimmed down region anyway.
How do you know? I don't recall such a thing being said.

Then again, the lake trio did show up in Unova during the post game of B2W2 despite living in Sinnoh. I think it was via the Cave of Being.
Perhaps we could have a similar situation here?

DEAD.
tumblr_inline_mhk7eblQzW1qz4rgp.gif

Sun and Moon are most likely the only games this year of the main series.

I won't be ignorant like many people I see posting on threads though and say it is impossible for Z to happen, since anything is possible...but I'm putting my fair bet on Z being lone gone.

I don't get why everyone wants a Z anyway. Honestly I never saw much point in the 'third' games. They were exactly the same as the other two, just jammed in the same game, the things they had that were different or extra, wasn't really enough to make it stand out or worth making a third game most of the time. I think the Unova games had it right, no third game, just sequels if you're going to bother. I think it's possible that Sun and Moon might be either direct sequels or spiritual sequels to the Kalos games, myself

The dream is dead and there would be no point to announce Z now when S\M promotion is literally starting next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom