• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Change of Air Date

A part of me would kind of be surprised if they do rush through the Darkest Day storyline. It isn't the only plot point of the series, but I'd just wonder where they'd go from there in terms of eighth generation promotion. Even though they aren't adapting the Sword/Shield storyline, promoting eighth generation characters and Pokemon is still a priority to a degree at least. It might also depend on what games will come out later on in this generation. They might do something with the DLC area too.

Maybe they will take the DP approach to the DD plotline. Instead of an arc, they could just have individual episodes spread out through the series that slowly progress the story before a 2-3 episode finale toward the end. If they don't plan on abandoning the episodic format, this would be much more in line with the way the series has been conducted so far. We've already seen these kind of spaced-out mini-arcs, PM11 and PM16 = the Gengar arc and PM34, PM36, and PM39 = the Bea arc.

It still could have Leon getting taken out by Eternatus. Some other human characters had been attacked by Legendaries before.

How dark can DD in the anime be?

It can get really dark as Flare Meloetta or Galactic arc.

Or meh like Necrozma or Lusamine that in my opinion was a watered down version of the videogame plots. Lusamine not in control unlike in the games, or Necrozma being only a Pokemon in need for energy.Or Plasma which were just some guys trying to mind control some Pokemon (Awful).

The Darkest day was really bad handled in the games. The anime has the chance of doing a better plot than the game.Or setting the bar even lower.

It would be good if the darkest day arc lasts for 12 episodes set in Galar.

Lusamine not in control unlike in the games
I personally prefer anime Lusamine to Sun and Moon Lusamine. I prefer her being less crazy, like in the anime and the Ultra games.
The Darkest day was really bad handled in the games.
Not all of it may have been perfect, but the final Eternatus battle was genius and awesome.

I personally prefer anime Lusamine to Sun and Moon Lusamine. I prefer her being less crazy, like in the anime and the Ultra games.

I personally like darker plots and stories. Sun and Moon lusamine was one of the best Pokémon villains.

Not all of it may have been perfect, but the final Eternatus battle was genius and awesome.

The final battles with Rose, Eternatus and Eternamax where really cool. But it felt really rushed.

Honestly, the only thing I found silly about the DD plot in the game was the reason it even happened in the first place; because Rose was pedantic about an issue that would happen after 1000 years, talk about contrived.

Hope the anime gives us a better set up than that. More so because Eternatus is roaming freely rather than being an egg.

I personally like darker plots and stories. Sun and Moon lusamine was one of the best Pokémon villains.

Yes! I do also like anime Lusamine, but Lusamine in the games was straight up insane and I loved it.

I'll be curious to see how the anime handles the Darkest Day plot. I feel like they could definitely improve upon how it was represented in the games. I didn't think it was a bad plot, but I agree with @Panky.. that it did ultimately end up feeling a little anticlimactic because of Rose's explanation.

The lack of a justification for Chairman Rose's goal wasn't a huge drawback for me, or at least I don't think it make the Darkest Day anticlimactic at the end. The climax itself was pretty cool and it was satisfying to see the player character and Hop be the true heroes to save the day at the end. I do think that they possibly didn't expand more on his reason in part because they didn't want to give him away as the real villain like they effectively did with Lusamine at the very start of Sun/Moon. The anime might have more wiggle room to expand on Chairman Rose's character and provide more of an explanation as to why he is willing to go to such dangerous lengths to protect Galar, which could help with making him a more interesting villain and provide some good setup for the Darkest Day plot in the anime.

It'd be interesting if the anime ties the Team Yell storyline from the games into the Darkest Day storyline they'll do. The way they cheer the player on in the endgame, perhaps if support like could under the right circumstances boost power. It'd be really cool thematically if the people of Galar and perhaps even the world helped to end the Darkest Day through their support of Leon, Ash and Go.

I don't know what to think about that arc. In one hand, the opening and merchandise show that it will happen before the end of the year, and this series has even more of an obsession with returning to the status quo as quickly as possible. But in the other hand, expecting only a two-parter would be underestimating the writers, they gave us the longer-than-expected Alola League, Necrozma Arc and Team Flare arc, and while the Nebby Arc had its rushed moments it was still a continuous story told over 14 episodes. I think we will have at least a Rose episode and a Slumbering Weald episode in addition to the battle.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom