• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

I think there needs to be a serious look into fleshing out the later routes. Up until the fourth gym it was quite detailed.

I wasn’t a fan of “leaving it to Leon” when something would happen. We should follow him to watch him battle a dynamaxed wild Pokémon, then have to battle one by ourselves and build up to it being a real problem.

There should be an event with Macro Cosmos after the 4th gym where they’re holding a talk/exhibition that you gatecrash.

An Ireland area in the postgame that has access to a ruined castle. Here would be Level 75 Pokémon, and where legendaries of precious regions would come for shelter and solace. I’d also like a Gournsey kind of island accessible early on as a place where you can be gifted Pokémon from Kalos- and here mega evolutions could be hinted at again.

I enjoyed the plot, and hope the next series really focuses on global warming as the big disaster. Eco terrorist evil team and the big bad legendary at the ice caps trying to stop them from melting.

Some more new (signature) moves, abilities, forms.

Delicate changes like making Dragon Darts a move that gets blocked by Bulletproof.
Drum Beating becoming a sound move.

few new Gigantnamax forms.

Bringing back megas and those regular cut off moves but maybe some delicate changed?

adding more old pokemon?

Yeah, I don't know why incense has managed to stay around this long. It's just an unnecessary Guide Dang It, and not even all Baby Pokémon require it.
Isn't it all babies not introduced in Generation 2 that need it? Generation 1 didn't have breeding at all, and the Incenses explain why in older generations, breeding yielded an evolved Pokemon.

As for the original question about updates - undoing DEXIT is the main one. Get the rest of the National Dex patched in via DLC. That'd be needed anyway if the next games are Gen 4 remakes else the games won't be compatible for online battling.

Isn't it all babies not introduced in Generation 2 that need it? Generation 1 didn't have breeding at all, and the Incenses explain why in older generations, breeding yielded an evolved Pokemon.

Nope. Neither Riolu nor Toxel require incense, but both of them meet the criteria for being classified as Baby Pokémon. So really it's "all Baby Pokémon that weren't introduced in Gen 2 but also weren't introduced in the same generation as their 'parent' Pokémon."

(Pokémon GO is kind of weird on this count, because in that game, species candy are always named after the line's first non-Baby stage, e.g. "Bulbasaur Candy" or "Pikachu Candy." And indeed, the candy for Riolu's family is called "Lucario Candy." However, I guess because of an oversight, the candy for the Togepi line is still called "Togepi Candy" even though Togepi is a Baby Pokémon.)

Besides, even if all that weren't the case, there really is no need for them to maintain that kind of continuity-driven excuse. They didn't ever bother to explain why Ground-type moves were suddenly twice as effective on Magnemite while Poison-type moves suddenly had no effect. They didn't ever bother to justify why I can't evolve my Piloswine into a Mamoswine in Emerald even though it does indeed know Ancient Power. Or why the moves available to various Pokémon constantly change. Everybody knows that the real reason why Roselia in Ruby produce Roselia eggs is because Budew simply hadn't been conceived of yet. Nobody needs to be convinced that it was all due to anything more than that.

Last edited:
- what old moves from the cut ones would you bring back and why? what would you change in them and how they work?
Heal Order

-would change abilities of old pokemon, add Vespiqueen Queenly majesty and make some of this and that...(Copperjaw magic armor???)

- bring back Dazzling and Bruxish but with buffed Dazzling to block moves that got priority increased after a speed change via move or ability,
trick room...
like if it hit with Aqua Jet and got Cotton Downed then the next move of Eldegos should get blocked...

- would make more shot, shoot moves get blocked by Bulletproof (even Ice shard, Dragon darts, Drago meteor, Pin missile and Moon blast)

-Gigantamax pokemon should get different abilities and maybe type changes in their Gigantamax forms similar to that of megas?
Like G-Charizard should get something else then its mega Y counterpart had.
also if a Gigantamax pokemon, lets say Centiscorch has 2 fire moves, then one should be a G-move and one a regular fire max move.

-G-moves should break through Max Guards like Max moves through Protects.

- G-max and D-max optanaible via item for the same species to make it easy to use what we already got

- Starters could get items similar to the legendary wolfs to change their types and boost stats to match Dynamax, Gigantamax pokemon more in battle? to make them outstand more taking they are monotyped.

- would make Dragon Darts a "bomb" move category and allow it to hit Fly, Bounce, Dive , Sky Drop(even if self under it's effect)

-would make small changes in moves and abilities like Snipe shot and proppeller tail should hit Dive users underwater protected turn and Fly, Bounce, Sky Drop...

- Drum Beating becoming a sound move like it should have been from the start (Overdrive is... also G-Snoze, G-renosance and Yawn too)

- making U-beast invasion on Galar and mixing in stuff.

Last edited:
There are some obvious answers such as expanded dungeons, updated Wild Area, more post-game features, and such. But what I really miss are some of the little things. The flavour text. Little hidden items in bins. Things that don't directly impact your game, but are just fun. And I know there's some of it, but as I progress in the game, there seems to be less and less of it. You can't interact with most objects/furniture. Even the hallway that's Spikemuth would have been better already if the signs and notes stuck to doors and such had some text. Like, I walked up to a note on like the first closed door fully expecting to say something like 'Closed Permanently'. Or elsewhere little out of date adds, maybe some graffiti. Now we're on that anyway, maybe open up some things in Spikemuth in the post-game in an update? Marnie should have put the place on the map

I wouldn't change anything cause I doubt current state GF can make it much more than just an USUM to SM but for SwSh.

Instead I'd like a BW2 scenario with a timeskip, especially since we saw Marnie and Bede becoming Gym Leaders, Sonia becoming a professor, Hop making a switch and Leon now not being Champion anymore. Would also be neat to see how this whole thing Rose was going on about develops in said timeskip and possible consequences/solutions for it.

• Better online functionality. Probably one of my biggest grievances in this game, I would really like if they made some changes with online. Unless I am completely missing it, the only way to trade between friends is through a 4 digit code, like how you trade with everyone else. It would just be so much nicer if they had Friend functions. And if not the GTS, it would be nice to have an easier way to find Pokemon you need, in game. Gosh I hated the GTS, but after spending 2 hours on the Ditto trading link code (4448), just looking for a foreign ditto, I miss the GTS!
  • Removing the unnecessary shiny locks. In particular the starter shiny lock. I heard somewhere the reasoning could have been for cutscene purposes, but you maybe see your starter a couple of times in a cutscene or outside it's Pokeball, and so many games before had similar, and the starters could still be shiny hunted. I can see why they want to have the legendary shiny lock, but I can't see the reason for the other ones.
  • More exploration into Marnie and Team Yell. I really loved the concept of having an evil team who are not actually evil, and genuinely want good for Pokemon, but they were not explored enough. It didn't even have to be extra fights, just more of a conclusion with Team Yell and Marnie. They explain it, but it just feels so anti-climatic and with such a fresh idea it's odd to only have it just briefly explained when they could have done so much more.
Those are a few things I would change, the bigger ones being 1 and 3 for sure.

Last edited:
  • More exploration into Marnie and Team Yell. I really loved the concept of having an evil team who are not actually evil, and genuinely want good for Pokemon, but they were not explored enough. It didn't even have to be extra fights, just more of a conclusion with Team Yell, and why they follow Marnie around.

It's explained why they do it? They follow Marnie everywhere she goes so they can block the trainers in the way there doing the Gym Challenge so Marnie is the only one to advance so no one else will go along to Piers and see the state of Spikemuth.

It's explained why they do it? They follow Marnie everywhere she goes so they can block the trainers in the way there doing the Gym Challenge so Marnie is the only one to advance so no one else will go along to Piers and see the state of Spikemuth.
Woops, forgive me it's been a bit, plus I'm exhausted. I think it just could have been explored further.

would make some Gigantamax pokemon get other abilities when transforming like megas had... they deserve it. When creating new Gigantamax hope they either change ability or typing in future too.

-Gigantamax Orbeetle getting Levitate ability and its version of "Gravity" affecting only oponets side of the field and blocking flying moves.

-Gigantamax Snorlax getting that Appletuns or that Squirels ability

-Gigantamax Charizard getting Flash Fire or something better

-Gigantamax Pikachu with Thick Fat

- Gigantamax Evee with Fluffy

-Gigantamax Lapras with Soundproof

- Gigantamax Copperjah with Heatproof

- Gigantamax Drednaw with Sap Sipper

-Gigantamax Gengar with Perish Body

-Gigantamax Duradulon with Multiscale

-Gigantamax Coalossal with Desolated Land

-Gigantamax Grimmsnarl with Bad Dreams

Last edited:
would make some Gigantamax pokemon get other abilities when transforming like megas had... they deserve it. When creating new Gigantamax hope they either change ability or typing in future too.

-Gigantamax Orbeetle getting Levitate ability and its version of "Gravity" affecting only oponets side of the field and blocking flying moves.

-Gigantamax Snorlax getting that Appletuns or that Squirels ability

-Gigantamax Charizard getting Flash Fire or something better

-Gigantamax Pikachu with Thick Fat

- Gigantamax Evee with Fluffy

-Gigantamax Lapras with Soundproof

- Gigantamax Copperjah with Heatproof

- Gigantamax Drednaw with Sap Sipper

-Gigantamax Gengar with Perish Body

-Gigantamax Duradulon with Multiscale

-Gigantamax Coalossal with Desolated Land

-Gigantamax Grimmsnarl with Bad Dreams

So what you are saying is.

You want new Megas.

So what you are saying is.

You want new Megas.

a little yes...

Megas have higher base stats... get abilities and types chage.

Gigantamax get Dynamax immunities against flinching and some moves cool, but if not then modify those G-moves that the formes like Orbeetle make sense, a UFO that gets hit by ground moves?
at least it blocks then flying moves...

more sense with UFO would be telekinesis used as a "tractor beam", 3 turns makes oponent levitat and unable to use physical damage dealing attacks.

Would be cool to know how many moves exactly they block now? Is there a full list?

Hope Dynamax and Gigantamax will be staying in future or coming back via use of items in other regions.
Would be cool to mix it all at some point.

I did already said about most other story and gameplay content fixes in another forum post, but I would like to see some additions/fixes of asthetic gender differences to some new and old Pokémon, given Switch's capabilities.

*Salandit should have darker masks for females, akin to female Combee getting red "evolution" gem.
*All Galar starters' final forms:
-Female Rillaboom should have "ponytails".
-Female Cinderace should have wider vest plate. Like those of security guards'.
-Female Intelleon should have lighter-colored "boots".
*Female Thievul should have no "
"mustaches"
*Also, female Gigantamax Pikachu should have heart-shaped tails, even if it's tail is a hologram.
*Eevee's gender difference should be restricted to event-exclusive Eevee... I shall not talk about this part, even if I am a Eevee purist myself.

Also, new post-game content that should explain Meltan and Melmetal's lore, that were left unexplained in base game.

Also... Even though I am a "somewhat" Eevee purist, I really love the new human-voiced cries being carried on. If GF has better budget to make all other Pokémon have human-voiced cries, I would personally want Aoi Yūki to reprise her Flareon role (akin to an anime Pikachu Short, if I remember) in the future, as she did with Eevee role before.

The one really big issue I've had with Shield is the lack of GTS. I realise that it's likely to be a part of Home, but with Home not releasing along side the games it has made Pokédex completion pretty painful.

A lot of people seem to have got the etiquette that offering up version exclusives shows pretty well what you are looking for, but the amount of times I was showing an Eiscue while trying to get a Stonjourner and only getting at best starters offered back has been the biggest irritation of the whole game.

At the very least some basic communication feature needed to be added to link trade to make it a little easier.

I wonder how much of a challenge it would be for them to add another Wild Area with different terrain... I'm not a programmer or whatever, but it doesn't LOOK like it would be super hard. That and some new gigantamax Pokemon would get me excited for a third version.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom