• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

Intelleon with Substitute and Camouflage would be much better...
Also bring back Assist to give it to all three of the starters...
Hmm Mimic for Inteleon and Rillaboom would be cool to actually.

Forgot Camouflage was postoned... hope when it comes back it will react to weather and terrains...
allowing us to get a dual type pokemon when using it when a terrain and weather are at the same time active...

we have 4 terrains, one more? sandy for ground?and half damage from flying moves and help out with some water moves like surf, water pledge, muddy water...

would make sense taking water, fire, rock and ice got weathers, fog would make sense for ghosts... psyhcic and fairy got terrains, ghosts are weaker then dark in this part, fog could half dark damage against ghosts or something...

would make Sudowoodo and Bonsly get Mimicry instead of Rattled ability (or a mega form with Mimicry in remake for gen 4).

Galarian Stunfisk learning Mimic...

Last edited:
Also bring back Assist to give it to all three of the starters...
Problem: It's Japanese name is Cat's Paw.

EDIT: Checked again. For some reason Spinda, Drowzee, Chimchar and Sentret learn it through egg moves :confused:. You could also mention Sneasel, but that one gets a pass for me since it looks more like a cat than a weasel.

Last edited:
Problem: It's Japanese name is Cat's Paw.

Yes Cats paw but its only a name and Skittys signature move probably thats why not in it bc lack of pokemon who learned it in the games... also the move name doesnt respresent its effect and doesnt need too... the English name was better here...

Infernape got it... Sentret got it ....
Incineroar(cat that didn't got it but should got it) ,

Cinderace and Rillaboom... for sure should get it
Glarian Perserker line should get it.

Hmm a spy and Sniper like Intelleon should also actually get Assist the same with Deciduey the Archer

Last edited:
Would make Anticipation allow the user to use Disable, Encore, Spite, Torment react to that move it reveals when the user moves first before the target can.

If I had my way, an update would include the following:

- The national dex
- Post game increases the level of All wild pokemon to 60, not just in the wild area
- The ability to transfer items in Pokemon Home (Not technically an update to this game per se, but even still)
- Weather control. A few ideas for how this could be implemented would include
a.) a vendor whom you could pay (in money or watts) to change the weather for a specific area, or in the wild area, or for the whole region.
b.) Pokemon with weather setting abilities (Drizzle etc) setting the weather of the area you're in, when they're in the lead of the party.
c.) The ability to "sleep" somewhere (in a camp, at an inn, whatever) with doing so reshuffling the weather for the day or advancing it a day vs their internal calendar.
- Flapping wing animations for Wingull, among others
- The ability to catch starter pokemon, fossil pokemon, and other currently "uncatchable" pokemon in max raid dens, perhaps in a special one that opens up after completing the postgame quest, so as to allow them to be caught in non-standard pokeballs.
- A Pokemon that has Magnet Pull being obtainable in the game itself
- Better Box Sorting capabilities (For example, being able to select a box or multiple boxes, and choosing to sort the pokemon in them by name, pokemon number, type, etc)
- The ability to skip the Egg Hatching animation, among other videos which are not skipped by the "skip videos" option
- A Gigantimax form for Eternatus where it looks similar to how it does in the story fight

That's my top 10, roughly in order.

the ground or rock version of Ice face ability... but against special moves
would be cool also if grass with grassy terrain got something similar to it.

Could be sand body, coat, essence, not neccesary face, the same with grass.

taking that grass and ground have more to worry from special attackers then physical ones...

or maybe in gen 9 at least... if not now...

Last edited:
Nooooooo. I hated that in the wild area. It just made every Pokémon harder and more annoying to catch, and hatching eggs there more frustrating.
It would also annoy me. I like to catch things at the lowest levels possible and then evolve at the right level or at the earliest time possible, so I wouldn't like it either.

Nooooooo. I hated that in the wild area. It just made every Pokémon harder and more annoying to catch, and hatching eggs there more frustrating.
You have a hard time hatching eggs? I have a perfect route that allows me to rarely have encounters. Plus it's one whole trip to hatch 5 eggs.

You have a hard time hatching eggs? I have a perfect route that allows me to rarely have encounters. Plus it's one whole trip to hatch 5 eggs.
I like to watch videos when hatching eggs and thus don’t pay a lot of attention to the game unless the egg is hatching. Accidental encounters aren’t uncommon as I oftentimes absentmindedly swerve so I have to be a bit more mindful in that area compared to Route 5. It’s annoying to run into level 60 Sneasal that I can’t run away from.

I like to watch videos when hatching eggs and thus don’t pay a lot of attention to the game unless the egg is hatching. Accidental encounters aren’t uncommon as I oftentimes absentmindedly swerve so I have to be a bit more mindful in that area compared to Route 5. It’s annoying to run into level 60 Sneasal that I can’t run away from.
Sneasal is indeed a jerk, and overly aggressive. He, Excadrill, and a few others have routinely been a problem for me when hatching eggs, or farming Dittos or everstones, or doing other things where my attention is split. A tip for Sneasal in the Bridge Field specifically, if you have a lead with a type modification ability (Like Storm Drain or Harvest) you can eliminate a significant portion of those Sneasal in favor of less aggressive pokemon like Inkay, Palpitoad, and Ferroseed. With a Coalossal taking up 1 more slot that still leaves 4 for eggs, which isn't too bad at all, and imho it's well worth it.

With a Coalossal taking up 1 more slot that still leaves 4 for eggs, which isn't too bad at all, and imho it's well worth it.
To my knowledge, abilities don’t stack like that. You’d have to choose between hatching eggs faster or lowering the amount of aggressive Pokémon. Either way, I’d rather hatch eggs on Route 5 using that daycare instead.

To my knowledge, abilities don’t stack like that. You’d have to choose between hatching eggs faster or lowering the amount of aggressive Pokémon. Either way, I’d rather hatch eggs on Route 5 using that daycare instead.
Nah not for the egg hatching abilities, Coalossal just needs to be in your party to hatch eggs faster, doesn't need to be in front.

The Coalossal doesn't even need to be conscious, just around. I also agree, if you're just hatching eggs Route 5 is WAY better regardless. There is something to be said though for rolling around on the bike and gathering some treasures and some watts, and being able to warp back to the nursery without a loading screen to grab another egg, for when you're looking to hatch some eggs and scour the wild area at the same time.

In addition to the egg hatching abilities, Pickup and Honey Gather work regardless of party position, every other out of battle effect ability I'm aware of does indeed require the Pokemon to be lead in order to work.

a ability to block the targets first move always when entering in battle, could be useful against megas and Dynamax pokemon in future.
The target could not use a move on that turn and the move would be blocked for 3 turns.

Seriously with so many powerfull pokemon and forms like Megas, D-max and G-max?

If Aurorus comes back hope he learns Ice hammer and Draco hammer
and gains accces to that new ice scales ability maybe?
would fit it actually. Ice Scales makes sense and with 92 sp. defense it would not fear those special attackers at least.

Ice hammer, feel like Abomasnow, Beartic, Lapras also should get that.

move Tranform for Zoroark, Porygon line, Uknown, Mismagius, taking they could actually pull that off via magic and tech...

or create a new ghost pokemon with Transform move.

Zoroark learning the move Assist

I would wish Delphox could get both Transform and Assist but knowing luck...rather won't happen.
a galarian Ditto , a ghost that insted of Imposter wold have Medium and could transform into the last pokemon that fainted on the oponents side of the field when entering battle? or one of the oponets fainted pokemon... last one would make sense.

The same would be cool with Snipe shot(hit dive users and fly, bounce, sky drop) and Drum beating(on ground, hit dig)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom