• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

Yes please! As it is, Anticipation is currently a useless ability under most circumstances. This would make the ability much more worth it in the long run, especially if it helps those those moves become more viable.

I would even make it work with priority +1. What other moves are also good against a oponent known move?

If I could add new non-legendary pokemon to the expansions:

1.female vampire bat, strigoi dark/fairy with Siphoner ability to steal away every hp gain from the oponent and to reverse the draing moves of oponents against them that you would gain hp and they the damage instead also boosting your own draining moves too.

2. Golden goose, steel/flying, egg moves, defense oriented with lighting rod or heatproof ability

3. Banshe, fairy/ghost, a screaming spirit with that new sound ability from Toxtricity or with sound proof against those dark sound moves?

4. strigoi female fairy/dark, stats like Glalie but with more speed and lower other stats and a

5. dark/bug great leech lookalike pokemon with the Siphoner ability

6. a fast Steel/fighting mouse with muskeeteer sword and sniper ability

7. a bug/ghost praying mantis with dazzling,

8 gargole, rock/ghost that learns scald and has sturdy, cursed body, perish body and acces to
Destiny Bond.

9. cat like god egiptian mummy , ghost/rock with Queenly Majesty, faster then Greninja 130 speed with acces to giga drain

legendary
10. bug/ghost spider with human body queen with a new ability that steals hp from pokemon that are not sleeping and more from those that have ability or under effect of terrain to not sleep...

Last edited:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9pPi9xJcz0/

(warning for swearing, but thought this was funny in regards to the voice acting discussion)

Kind of a tangent, but this post reminded me how I mentioned being disappointed by Spikemuth's hallway-ness in my first post in this thread, and while that's still more-or-less accurate, it's been brought to my attention that it at least seems to have been a deliberate choice in the way that, say, Ultra Megalopolis probably wasn't. The way that the Spikemuth Gym Challenge plays out, with neon GO-> signs and Mr. Mime constructing invisible walls to prevent your progress is very much akin to old beat-'em-up side-scroller games like Streets of Rage and River City Ransom (particularly the former, with the town's grimy urban underworld aesthetic).

(Well, I say "old," but as it happens, Streets of Rage actually has a new entry coming out on the Switch later this month. And yeah, you can definitely see how Spikemuth took inspiration.)

Last edited:
This has probably been said and I'm too lazy to check, but there are a few QoL additions I would make in an update for Sword/Shield.

For starters, putting up a few more ability prompts would be helpful. To this day we STILL don't have prompts for Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm whenever the Mon in question is within range of their effects. That's getting pretty annoying, as it would make it so much easier to know when we can start kicking the respective moves into overdrive and use them when they're at the peak of power. A few other ability prompts, like, say, Infiltrator and the weather-related Speed boosters, wouldn't hurt, either, but that's debatable. Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm are ones I'd very much want to get prompts, as it would make it easier to execute those move types when we KNOW the time is right instead of just guessing.

Next, make it so shinies are visible in the overworld like LGPE (at least from what I've been told, as I played the games for 30 minutes top before trading it for credit because of how sick I was of Kanto). It would make finding shinies much easier for everyone. Two shinies I've gotten in certain playthroughs were by pure chance, as I just happened to touch that particular Mon in the overworld and, boom, it was a shiny. I know there are some who actively hunt for shinies (I do occasionally, but usually through breeding, as I feel I have more control over it), so by making a shiny Mon look completely normal in the overworld is stupid, as you wouldn't know if it was a shiny unless you happened to check. So, when GF adds the next expansion pack (which will be relatively soon), I hope they add shiny Mons in the overworld over leaving them generic, as shinies are hard enough to hunt as it is. Or at least give them some sort of indication that they're shiny, like the glowing yellow aura or something similar (maybe make it glimmer to reflect the shiny status). Adding even some form of indicator would be helpful so they don't just "blend in" with their normal counterparts. Oh, also, fix that oversight regarding certain shinies that are "special" encounters, like the Eldegoss on Route 5, since I've heard that an oversight causes Mons like that to actually be shiny even if they're out of your "range" at the time if they're the "special" encounters instead of not being shiny like normal ones at that stage.

That's what I'd ask for in an update. Maybe the Isle of Armor expansion will put something like what I've suggested into play, as every little bit helps.

This has probably been said and I'm too lazy to check, but there are a few QoL additions I would make in an update for Sword/Shield.

For starters, putting up a few more ability prompts would be helpful. To this day we STILL don't have prompts for Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm whenever the Mon in question is within range of their effects. That's getting pretty annoying, as it would make it so much easier to know when we can start kicking the respective moves into overdrive and use them when they're at the peak of power. A few other ability prompts, like, say, Infiltrator and the weather-related Speed boosters, wouldn't hurt, either, but that's debatable. Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent/Swarm are ones I'd very much want to get prompts, as it would make it easier to execute those move types when we KNOW the time is right instead of just guessing.

Next, make it so shinies are visible in the overworld like LGPE (at least from what I've been told, as I played the games for 30 minutes top before trading it for credit because of how sick I was of Kanto). It would make finding shinies much easier for everyone. Two shinies I've gotten in certain playthroughs were by pure chance, as I just happened to touch that particular Mon in the overworld and, boom, it was a shiny. I know there are some who actively hunt for shinies (I do occasionally, but usually through breeding, as I feel I have more control over it), so by making a shiny Mon look completely normal in the overworld is stupid, as you wouldn't know if it was a shiny unless you happened to check. So, when GF adds the next expansion pack (which will be relatively soon), I hope they add shiny Mons in the overworld over leaving them generic, as shinies are hard enough to hunt as it is. Or at least give them some sort of indication that they're shiny, like the glowing yellow aura or something similar (maybe make it glimmer to reflect the shiny status). Adding even some form of indicator would be helpful so they don't just "blend in" with their normal counterparts. Oh, also, fix that oversight regarding certain shinies that are "special" encounters, like the Eldegoss on Route 5, since I've heard that an oversight causes Mons like that to actually be shiny even if they're out of your "range" at the time if they're the "special" encounters instead of not being shiny like normal ones at that stage.
As long as the abilities only tell the user that they’ve been activated, I agree. Otherwise I’d rather keep the secrecy of what ability I’m running to keep the opponent guessing.

As for the shinies in the overworld point, I really want to agree with you but I just feel like it would probably make things too easy. Especially in the wild area, there are times when there are easily like 20 Pokémon on my screen at a time and refreshing them is a matter of biking a few feet and coming back. in LGPE, there were only routes which could only generate a few Pokémon in the OW at a time and even then it was very easy to shiny hunt in those games.

As long as the abilities only tell the user that they’ve been activated, I agree. Otherwise I’d rather keep the secrecy of what ability I’m running to keep the opponent guessing.

As for the shinies in the overworld point, I really want to agree with you but I just feel like it would probably make things too easy. Especially in the wild area, there are times when there are easily like 20 Pokémon on my screen at a time and refreshing them is a matter of biking a few feet and coming back. in LGPE, there were only routes which could only generate a few Pokémon in the OW at a time and even then it was very easy to shiny hunt in those games.

To the first part, yes, that's only when they activate. That's the point I was getting at in that regard. As soon as an ability like those I mentioned is activated, a prompt will pop up. Again, I'm mostly referring to Overgrow and its kin, as they're the ones that require the most guesswork, since it would make knowing when to use their respective types at what time. Anything else is debatable, I'm just using the others as some other examples.

And for the second part, considering that you can very easily miss something on-screen due to how large and crowded such areas are, it's not exactly a bad idea to have shinies with some form of distinction. Again, if using their actual colors is "too easy" (even though some are merely different shades of their normal colors like Gengar and G-Farfetch'd), then use something like the yellow auras, since they're quite rare under normal circumstances to begin with unless purposely hunted, and even then that's not a guarantee. Just something to make them stand out even slightly, as even the yellow auras aren't the easiest to spot if you're not paying attention or the area is overloaded with Mons (I know I've run into a few yellow aura Mons by accident, since the aura didn't stand out compared to the area where I found said Mon). Just giving shinies at least some form of distinction from their normal kin would help shiny hunters, even if it's just using things like yellow auras or light sparkles, would be a help. That's what I'm getting at.

Especially in the wild area, there are times when there are easily like 20 Pokémon on my screen at a time and refreshing them is a matter of biking a few feet and coming back.
Like @CynthiaLover said, it's easy to miss stuff due to how clustered the screen can be. And the fact that certain weather conditions can lower visibility can also make one miss a shiny. Just having the Pokemon be shiny, without the stars and sparkle fanfare like in LGPE, would probably be enough to make the shiny noticeable but not too noticeable.
in LGPE, there were only routes which could only generate a few Pokémon in the OW at a time and even then it was very easy to shiny hunt in those games.
Eh, while the number of Pokemon you can find in the overworld LGPE is generally lower than SwSh, I have been in some instances with 10+ Pokemon in the overworld such as Route 17 or Viridian Forest. And from my admitted very limited experience with shiny hunting in LGPE, I don't think it was "very easy." Despite getting some high chains, the only shiny I ever got in that game was a random encounter Zubat with a chain of zero.

There should be an item called "Red Wishing Piece" that activates more event dens, to prevent RNG screwing you up BY PLACING ONLY ONE F*CKING ACTIVE POINT IN THE WHOLE AREA TWO DAYS BEFORE AN EVENT ENDS. Ahem, sorry. It would also help people without Nintendo Switch Online. It would be more expensive and rare but it's better than nothing.

You should also have the ability to:
  • Decide to which box send a Pokémon to.
  • Give Dynamax Candy to Pokémon in your PC.

There should be an item called "Red Wishing Piece" that activates more event dens, to prevent RNG screwing you up BY PLACING ONLY ONE F*CKING ACTIVE POINT IN THE WHOLE AREA TWO DAYS BEFORE AN EVENT ENDS. Ahem, sorry. It would also help people without Nintendo Switch Online. It would be more expensive and rare but it's better than nothing.

You should also have the ability to:
  • Decide to which box send a Pokémon to.
  • Give Dynamax Candy to Pokémon in your PC.
In addition to this, I would make it so the Red Wishing Piece will make rarer Max Raid spawns more likely to take the spot. I can't count how many times I simply couldn't host a Max Raid battle against a Slurpuff, only to have other Pokemon taking its spot. Same thing with Riolu.

Like @CynthiaLover said, it's easy to miss stuff due to how clustered the screen can be. And the fact that certain weather conditions can lower visibility can also make one miss a shiny. Just having the Pokemon be shiny, without the stars and sparkle fanfare like in LGPE, would probably be enough to make the shiny noticeable but not too noticeable.

Eh, while the number of Pokemon you can find in the overworld LGPE is generally lower than SwSh, I have been in some instances with 10+ Pokemon in the overworld such as Route 17 or Viridian Forest. And from my admitted very limited experience with shiny hunting in LGPE, I don't think it was "very easy." Despite getting some high chains, the only shiny I ever got in that game was a random encounter Zubat with a chain of zero.
I’m talking about shiny hunting though, not random shiny encounters. If you’re looking for it, you’re going to see it. And if you don’t, it’s a very simple matter to just bike away and come back and generate 20+ models at once compared to one model at a time.

And as someone who actively shiny hunted a lot in LGPE and other games, trust me it was really easy compared to previous titles. All you had to do was sit in place while overworld Pokémon spawned and despawned until a shiny appeared. Although I guess this would be a bit different in SwSh without a Pokémon to ride in the sky on, which avoids most encounters while you wait.

Going through the League Finals again makes me wish that they randomized the Gym Leaders that you battle against. I think, they could keep Raihan as a fixed final opponent if they have to, since he makes thematic sense being Leon's rival and all, but I think it would be a fun little challenge not knowing who the other two opponents will be, instead of it always being Nessa and Bea/Allister. I know replays aren't really something GF are concerned with, but now that multiple Switch profiles make them so much more feasible, it would make any replays just a little bit more interesting, and at any rate, would make everyone's first run through a little more personalized. It could even be as simple as having two pools - the first drawing from Milo, Nessa, or Kabu, and the second drawing from the two version-exclusive Leaders and Piers.

In an update I would make it so that the League Card would update automatically every time you cooked a new curry, got a shiny, caught another Pokemon, got a better Rotom Rally score, registered a new Pokemon in the Pokedex, and/or completed the Pokedex. Alternatively, if updating the League Card every time something happens is too much, I would accept being able to update that information from the League Card menu without having to go to a Pokemon center.

In an update I would make it so that the League Card would update automatically every time you cooked a new curry, got a shiny, caught another Pokemon, got a better Rotom Rally score, registered a new Pokemon in the Pokedex, and/or completed the Pokedex. Alternatively, if updating the League Card every time something happens is too much, I would accept being able to update that information from the League Card menu without having to go to a Pokemon center.

On top of this, I really wish you could register/favorite your own League Card designs, so that if you ever want to go back to an old design you've used, you don't have to rely on memory or an external screenshot. We used to be able to favorite outfit combinations in X & Y, and I'm really not sure why that sort of feature was phased out after that.

Magician is a hidden ability?
would make Magician additionally get the Court Change move mechanic to the ability stealing thing but that you reset the turn limit too of those screens you get on your side of the field... also a pokemon with magician would not get hit by stealth rocks because the move would switch sides before the move could activate and hit the pokemon that entered battle.

I would use unused designes and either put them into expansion pass or gen 9...

would make some of the cut-off moves that come back get chance of confusing the target... we dont have anough confusion effect moves actually for every type...

for non legendary and non mythical pokemon:
if we get dragon, dark, poison, water, ghost, rock, ground, fire draining moves would be cool

Last edited:
Going through the League Finals again makes me wish that they randomized the Gym Leaders that you battle against. I think, they could keep Raihan as a fixed final opponent if they have to, since he makes thematic sense being Leon's rival and all, but I think it would be a fun little challenge not knowing who the other two opponents will be, instead of it always being Nessa and Bea/Allister. I know replays aren't really something GF are concerned with, but now that multiple Switch profiles make them so much more feasible, it would make any replays just a little bit more interesting, and at any rate, would make everyone's first run through a little more personalized. It could even be as simple as having two pools - the first drawing from Milo, Nessa, or Kabu, and the second drawing from the two version-exclusive Leaders and Piers.

They should have made Nessa, Milo and Kabu Starter choice dependant - If you choose Scorbunny, you get Milo, for Sobble you get Kabu and for Grookey you get Nessa or make them strong against the starter (Nessa for Scorbunny, Milo for Sobble and Kubu for Grookey).

During the Eternatus battle Hop is worried about Leon. But gets persuaded to continue fighting. This does not seem too dark. He does not react much when his brother is hurt.

I always thought it seemed odd that Leon just sort of like... stops existing after Eterny breaks out of the ball. I never quite put my finger on why - but here it is.

Though I'm imagining having to read and click through a dialogue box at that moment where tension is supposed to be at its highest and this is one of those moments (like Piers' intro) where I feel like maybe this really was the time for them to finally go for voice acting. That way, Hop's panic and worry can feel organic to the situation, rather than being a technical intrusion of infodumping.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom